General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 11:18 AM   #1  

Default Desperate for info on Luther Vandross' successful plan. HELP! PLEASE!

He has done it again, it seems. Lost more than 100 pounds and this time has kept it off for almost 3 years. I saw him yesterday on the tv but didn't get exactly what it is that did it for him. It is definitely low carb but I think lower fat or perhaps low collesterol also.....

Does anyone know exactly what it is he is doing?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am grasping at a shread of interest in dieting that has been lacking for a while and only information will fan the flame. Can you help me?

Thanks,

karefree2

PS I was a regular over at the Former Chub
Clubbers board and really could use some inspiration.
Old 06-26-2001, 03:31 PM   #2  
Rat Terrier Chick

He lost weight on a high protein, low carbohydrate diet. Here is a link to the abc news story:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/Downt...s_feature.html

Good luck!
Old 06-26-2001, 09:18 PM   #3  

Default Thank you so much, Tato!

Both for the directions and the well wishes!

karefree
Old 06-29-2001, 08:02 PM   #4  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Hey KAREFREE,

Luther is planning on writting a book about his weight loss plan, but hasn't started it yet.

He mainly ate chicken, fish, veggies & fruit...basically SUGAR BUSTERS (which is not a "low carb" diet). He doesn't go near anything white...he says he is truly addicted to white carbs...they are poison to him and he likens his addiction like that of an alcoholic.
He also does a LOT of exercise...
Old 07-01-2001, 12:16 AM   #5  

I would love to know exactly what he did, how long it took, all the details. I hope he gets to writing! SOON
To me, Luther looks good no matter what the size, he has such a way about him, class, style, presence......All that makes Luther, Luther. And what a gifted voice. I am happy for him that he lost the weight, I know how it is to be big and I know he feels good about it, but, to me, either way, Luther is special, simply by being Luther.
Old 07-03-2001, 01:48 PM   #6  

Default Thanks, Big Orange Babe, and I agree, Forgiven!

I will anxiously await the book. I am not quite ready to completely give up sugar but maybe by the time the book comes out. He looks fabulous.

I agree, Forgiven. The man is beautiful inside and out.

karefree
Closed Thread