Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2001, 01:11 PM   #1  

Default Night Owls # 11

HI OWLS

Thought I would start a new thread, the other one was two pages long. So if you did not hit the 2nd page on 10 go back and catch up.

PJ - I would love to get the links for the online stuff you were talking about. I am not very ambitious when in comes to surfing the net. If I get it a link from someone great but I never take the time to find stuff. Thanks for the encouragement.

Candice - I love all your pictures. I went out and picked some fresh strawberries and Lettuce from my garden today. This is a first for me!! Last year I grew cucumbers and that was it. I grew up in the city and never really gave it any thought. I am doing it now but it takes up much more time than I care to give it so I don't know how long it will last. This year I have Lettuce, cucs, cantaloupe, strawberries and I just planted a blackberry bush. So hopefully I will get lots of fruit.

Ally - Welcome aboard!! Always nice to get a new owl, and for me especially one that loves horses!!!

Well owls I am going to be late for work if I don't get going so gotta run.
Old 06-23-2001, 04:00 PM   #2  
Happy Member

re: Kashi: I'm a chicken. I won't try it! I just can't get past that it actually says it has TWIGS in it! LOL! I do, however, love the Special K w/berries. Before that, I was eating Quaker Toasted Oat Squares. Good as a snack, too!

Candice: yes, 10 pts does seem like a lot, and it is filling, but here's a couple of tips I tried: (Sorry forgot to mention before) The recipe says 2 tbs of butter or stick marg. but I used Brummel and Brown....also the broth only says low sodium, but I also get the fat free low sodium. That, I think could save on a point or two per serving...what do you think?

Rats! It's raining here today. I gotta try and walk when there's a break. Looks like it did now, so I better go....I'll try and check in later (at my real night owl time

Ally
Old 06-23-2001, 05:03 PM   #3  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Candice - If it requests a password....it's j a k e. My golden retriever that died about 5 yrs. ago at the age of 10 from cancer. What a wonderful dog. I think he's our guardian angel. I also think he "secretly" keeps "Max" (our lab) in line.....heh-heh

I only did that because my daughter is very puter literate and started messing with some pictures (the little stinker)........too smart for her own good......just like her mother

I don't know if told you all or not but I had Adriennes daughters SURPRISE 13th B'day party here with about 14 kids. AAAAGGGHHHH, it started at 1:30pm and they left here at around 6:30pm and then we all went over to the stables. I am soooo wiped out. Wanna know how much? No???? Well, I'm gonna tell you anyway, heh-heh. I'M STILL IN MY FLANNEL PAJAMAS........JUST HAD ANOTHER CUP OF COFFEE TOO......and it's 4:57pm !!!!!!!!

I tell you, I had alot of fun but I'm feeling my age. Really stinks. Ah well, I wouldn't turn back the clock for anything. I've been blessed with good family and friends and although my health could be better.......there are those who have it much worse.

Here's hoping you are all having a great weekend.

Hugs,
~Pamela~

ps - I MISS SPELLCHECK..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2001, 09:39 PM   #4  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Here are a few of the links for the riding apparel links and other goodies:

http://www.victorycanter.com/

http://www.equestrianmall.com/

http://www.equestrian-tack.com/

http://www.devonaire.com/
Old 06-24-2001, 08:17 AM   #5  

Hi everyone,

ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS EDITING THEIR PROFILE? I WANT TO CHANGE MY WEIGHT ON MY SIGNATURE BUT CAN'T ACCESS IT!!!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi before I head off to Maine to drop the kids off with their father, he is meeting my half way in Portland so It is only 3 hours each way, not as bad as it could be.

Candice, yes it does feel truly wonderful to be finally losing again. I have been at a standstill for so long, I guess I just really had to get my weekend eating under control. I would lose a couple pounds by friday and then gain it back plus some over the weekend and then I would finally get back down by friday and boom the weekend was here again. It was a viscious circle and I was definitely losing the battle. Finally I figured it out and realized I could not keep eating with total abandon on the weekends. Disney in september is also a great motivator. I want to be able to wear shorts and not feel like a beached whale.

Hey PJ, I don't know how you do it, you must have the patience of a goddess. You really seem like a wonderful mother and person, can't wait to meet you.

Ally-Oop, You should give the kashi to good friends a try, it makes a nice snack. I keep a 1 cup bag of in my car each day to eat on the way home so I won't be so ravenous, I love the special k red too, what a yummy cereal.

Penny, hey girl how's it going?

Hi Tara, so nice to see you posting again, sure have missed ya.

Setina, come out, come out, wherever you are!!

See Ya
Bren
Old 06-24-2001, 10:53 PM   #6  
Happy Member

Brenda-

I haven't been having a problem with the profile, but lately I've been so frustrated because the new pop-up ads were causing an error message to come up EVERYTIME I clicked on things in the message boards. I posted a message on the general forum and someone said that the problem was being worked on.

Well, FINALLY tonight, I was pleasantly surprised that there aren't any so far....knock wood. LOL! Though, I'm not getting any pop-up ads now, either, so I don't know what happened. I hope the problem doesn't return when the ads do. I don't mind the ads at all, I just hate the error messages!

Ally
p.s.--congrats on the weight loss!!
p.p.s.--I might try the Kashi someday....maybe....but twigs? LOL
Old 06-25-2001, 05:28 AM   #7  

Default I'm tired!

Pj..I'm so excited for you! Wow..the horse pics are great and that password does not work for the other pics

Ally..give Kashi a try its great! Keeps me full in the tummy and empty in the colon! Makes a great snack lke Bren said!

Bren..good you found the problem, now it should be a cinch! So you and PJ are gonna get to meet while you are in Florida...that is great!

Penny..your garden sounds great....but...notomaotes????????? yummmmmm strawberries!!!!!!!!!! ya can't have enough fresh fruit around.
Old 06-25-2001, 09:51 AM   #8  

Just stopping in to see hi and read the posts. Have a good one.
Old 06-26-2001, 03:18 PM   #9  
SLF

Wink

Hi owls...sorry I've been missing in action. I was hospitalized againa for heart trouble. I'm finally getting caught up again. Of course our move is only about 3 weeks away so a whole lot to do here.

Of course I broke another bone in my foot last week, so I'm having to take it a little easier and keep my foot up more. Luckily my husband's company said they will have the movers do everything for me and not to worry about all of the little stuff. My mother-in-law is coming in town when the packers are here, and both my parents and in-laws will be available when we move into our new home. We are moving into my in-laws home town, and my parents will make the drive a couple of times that week to help. It should go okay.

I haven't had a chance catch up on the posts, so sorry I won't be able to respond to each of you yet but hope everyone is doing well. Enjoy the week.

Susan
Old 06-26-2001, 04:22 PM   #10  
Teacher chick

SUSAN..................... wow.. take it easy girlfriend. Don't forget to let others do for you in this move. Just letting you know I'm thinking of you.

Hi to everyone. It's summer and I love not having to go to work! Now if only I can train my body to quit waking up before 6 a.m.

Last edited by judygal; 06-27-2001 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-26-2001, 07:50 PM   #11  

Hi there everyone,

Well I did something and I am not sure I like it. My mother and I joined a gym. She joined for the gym part only, the machines and stuff and I joined for the aerobics only. Tonight was our first night and the aerobic class was called basic training and I hated every minute of it. I sweated buckets and felt gross. It was a mix of step aerobics & calistetics(sp?) Lots of jumping jacks, squats, crunches, pushups, etc... I really hated it. I rested alot I guess I did about 30-40 minutes of the hour class. We only joined for 1 month to try it out and see if we actually get ourselves to go Our goal is to go 3 times a week and I have not given up yet. Thursday is Kickboxing and body sculpting, they have that on mon and thurs, and I do believe I will like that much better. Fri is straight kickboxing and I think I would like that too but it may be too much for me.

Alley-oop, I haven't had any problems with the pop ups except just annoyance, LOL! but I can't edit my profile at all and I would like to update my weight, it still says 204lbs and my last weigh in I was 199.5, finally under that 200lb mark. Oh and Kashi to good friends is YUMMY!

Candice, yes I wish it would be a cinch, unfortunately I did not eat very well in maine, my mother and I have always been eating partners, not a good thing.

Susan, so glad to see you. I am sorry you have had such health challenges, I hope you are doing well now.

Judygal, I have missed you sooooooooooooo much. e-mail me at [email protected] if you get a chance, it will be nice to catch up.

See Ya everyone
Bren
Old 06-26-2001, 11:27 PM   #12  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

SueBee - I NEED YOUR ADDRESS............YOUR KASHI HAS BEEN ON TOP OF MY FRIG FOR OVER A WEEK NOW........AAAGGGHHHH....I'm going to attack it if you don't email your address to me.......

Susan - My God Susan, you're so non-chalon about it all. I don't know how you do it, taking care of the kids and the house and you'd better email me SOON and let me know about this heart/hospital episode. Don't you make me come up there and play "Nurse Wratchet".......you hear????????

Brenda - I remember your talking about kick-boxing about two years ago. A few of us were really gung-ho on it. I still think it's awesome........maybe I should move my butt and see if I could still do it. It was so much fun. I hope the gym works out for you and your Mom.

Judy - I will NEVER have the problem of waking up too early. My problem is getting up ON TIME. Hope all is going well up your way.

Candice - I checked the picture albums and I've taken all off the passwords. You don't need it to look at any of the albums. Could you let me know which album you had the problem with so I could fix it? I'd appreciate it.

Well, I'm off to beddy bye. Have to get up about 6:30am to be at m doctors by 8am. Hope you're all having pleasant dreams right now.
~Pamela~
Old 06-27-2001, 12:11 AM   #13  
Happy Member

Brenda-
Congratulations on getting down to "one-derland!!" I can't wait to get there, too!
It seems like the pop-up ad problem is back for me. When I posted about it on the General board, the others that were having a problem were also AOL users, like myself. I hope it gets fixed soon.
So, you went to Maine and ate? Did you have lobster? I told my DH that someday, we're going there for the express reason to have their lobster!! Yum!

PJ--Has Missy settled in well? You must still be on cloud nine!

Wow, Susan, take it EASY, please!

Judy-My body wouldn't need much in the training department to wake up later. LOL!

Speaking of, I better get myself off to bed!
Ally
Old 06-27-2001, 08:19 PM   #14  

Hi There,

Well I went to my meeting tonight because I missed it last night because of the gym. I lost .4 not much but I will take it. I am doing awsome on my eating now, just that one sunday did I slip up. I am planning and taking my lunch every day. I know I can do it, I just have to keep doing what I am doing.

Pj, Yes I am hoping that it will be a fun class for me, I do know it will be hard though. It is alot different that the one I took in Maine, this one on thursday anyway, I watched it a little bit and they alternate kickboxing with weight work. They use great big kicking bags on a pole too and my other class didn't so it will be interesting. Friday is straight kickboxing, I don't know if I will take that one, we will see. Can't wait to meet you by the way

Alley-oop, actually I did not have lobster up there. I have lived the last 12 years in Maine, about 40 yards from my ex-brother in laws lobster pound and my ex-hubby worked on a lobster boat part of the year so I have had my fill for awhile. We lived on the ocean right accross the bay from Bar Harbor. It was nice but it is nice to be back around my family, I moved back last August. I basically had lunch at mcdonald's and I had an italian sub in the afternoon, not too bad but not on program either, oh yeah I had some candy too, Yum!!

Well, gotta go and make my lunch for tomorrow I am having a chicken thight, w/bbq sauce on a bulkie and some wow chips, Yum!

See Ya
Bren
Old 06-27-2001, 09:35 PM   #15  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Evening~

I was chatting on IM with Susan aka SLF and had to cut it short to go and pick up my son from vacation bible school. Well, right now I'm not feeling so hot. Body aches, low grade fever.....blah, blah, blah. Susan, if I don't get back to you tonight....I surely will tomorrow.

Alley - Didn't get her home yet. The vet is FINALLY going tomorrow morning at 7:30am to do the Coggins. They're going to fax everything to me so I atleast have the paper so show the neg. Coggins and they'll mail me the originals. As long as I have SOMETHING, we're within the law. Let's just hope the vet and the agricultural dept. are on the ball.

Sorry guys, I gotta go. Not feeling so hot.
Have a good night.
~Pamela~
Closed Thread