Old 01-01-2005, 10:21 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Desperate Housewives #333 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 10:24 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Morning Ladies...

It is a new year and a fresh start for us all!!!

I am going to record my weight again for the new year and make sure I weigh less at the end again... Heck in about 10 years I might actually be at goal...

J/J For real though, We all have a fresh beginning and I want us all to be skinny minny's be the end of the year!

Have a great day!
Old 01-01-2005, 11:47 AM   #3  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning all and Happy New Year!

I'm starting the new year out with a bang...Cleaning up the DD#2 room . I can't believe what I'm finding. She's going to be a few items less in her room when I'm done.

Penny-I will be a skinny minny with you. This year is going to be the "it" year for me. I will be at a healthy weight. I will have better control over my eating. I will make exercise a daily part of my life. And my house is going to look close to something out of Martha Stewart's. Maybe...on that one.

So I'm taking a poll. How many have hang overs this morning? None here. I have my sinuses still playing havoc in my life. Someday this cold will disappear. Okay. I gotta go. Nicole took off outside. It's still way below zero and lots of snow. I know she doesn't have any gear on.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 11:54 AM   #4  

Happy new year!

NO HANG OVERS HERE>...to many calories in that stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris, I know, we'll be cleaining lots around here too. I'll be with you both next year being thin! I just missed my goal I was 200.2 this a.m. I bet I'll be there tomorrow though. I can't complain!

Challange ladies Challange!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 12:47 PM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Chris and Melissa,

No hangovers here... Rarely drink and Mel's right... too many calories

Hope you all have a great day! I am relaxing.. So much to do but I'm not doing any of it! LOL

TTYL!
Old 01-01-2005, 01:23 PM   #6  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Good Morning Ladies!!!

No hang over here either. We had Christmas at my mom's last night and were home by around 9:30. At Thanksgiving, my uncle had the kids convinced that he was Santa. (He does look like him, beard, belly, etc. ) So he went out and bought a Santa suit and showed up last night with one thing each that they had asked for. Dd got the rocks she said she wanted and Matthew got the 20 lbs. of meat he wanted . Santa gave him a box with some venison sausage, venison steaks and a frozen turkey! It was just too funny! Then my mom, sil and I bought and wrapped some other things for all the kids so he had like 8 gifts for each of them. We came home and put in a movie then I fell asleep for a while then had to go pick up ds#2 at the skating rink at 1 a.m. I was bad a nd drank some eggnog last night but no alcohol.

My eating has been horrible for the last week so I said oh well last night and decided that come Monday morning I am weighing in and starting fresh. I haven't been logging my food like I should since Thanksgiving and will do that again. I found a journal at the dollar store that has a picture spot on the front so I am going to put a before pic in there for inspiration to keep losing. I had stuff to make nachos last night but everyone was still full from mom's that I;m making them tonight and not going to worry about it til Monday. I snuck a peek this morning and I have gained back 3.5 but Monday is a fresh start. I keep telling myself that I have worked so hard to lose what I have that a week's worth of slipping at the holidays isn't too bad and I can get past it. I feel like I deserved it.

Crystal: Your big belly is sooo cute! I miss those days but no more for me. I'll just enjoy looking at other pregnant bellies and remembering how it felt . I really love your van! Hope you are enjoying it.

Penny: I'm with ya on not doing anything today. I'm letting the kids have a play day to get all the new stuff played with then they will have to get it all organized and put away tomorrow.

Mel: Sooo close to Onederland!!! You'll be there tomorrow! WTG girl!

Chris: What is organized? Really! I can be the most organized person in the world but when you have 4 or 5 other people undoing it, what's the point in trying!

Not many others have posted lately so I'll catch up with everyone else later.

Happy New Year to all and here's to LOSING
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 01:27 PM   #7  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I have too much to do and just no ambition. I'm overwhelmed just looking at everything. My decluttering mission hasn't gone so good. Darn it. I figured I could make these kids help me but Nicole has no intentions. Kayla-She helped with her room and I think she's done with me. Tiana came home from April's house and when I mentioned helping me, she developed a stomach ache. Since she is "sick", I'm giving her some of my mommy-tude. I made her go to bed.... She isn't allowed any siblings in there and she HAS to lay down. Is that mean? I think she probably wants to kill me now. HAH!

Anyhow, I've taken my "break" and need to get back to the grind. I'm going to clean sweep my room and boot the kids out of there. They've been playing in our room and leaving their toys in there. Well, 2005 and that's no more. DH says our room is our room and they can play in their own rooms or the playroom. I know its alot of our faults for letting them to this stuff for so long but since DH has taken on an evening job and most of this is left to me, I'm taking charge and I'm having an adult room in the house. NO CHILDREN ALLOWED!

Okay, done venting. Back to the new year. Have fun at the gym if you guys go. I wish that I had the money to go to a gym. I'd love to do some other exercise instead of the dvd's all the time.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 03:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!! I'm nursing a migraine today No hang over here, I had to work last night and hubby and I only drink once or twice a year, anniversary or his xmas party.

Happy New Year to you all!! I'm going to have a horrible weigh in this week,I won't doubt if I put on 5 lbs! But I've got a plan for the new year and my goals have been set. I'm accepting my mistakes and moving forward from there!

I hope you all have a great day!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 09:27 PM   #9  
**Kristin**

Hey there ladies !! My new year started off well, it started with a champagne toast to a wondeful postive, healthy, new, year, and leaving all the bad stuff that we had to experience in 2004 behind us. It was lovely,then I recieved a phone call from my mom about 12:30..that my uncle had committed suicide. My cousin and I are like sisters, only a little over 2 weeks apart in age. She didn't know yet, her mom had not been able to get ahold of her. I went searching, found her and her fiance and had to break then news. It was a horrible night. Needless to say, I am going to be needed there a lot, as Micheala (my cuz) is one of 5 girls, the rest are all younger. the youngest is 7......I withdrew from the blc challenge, and feel that I need to be focusing on my family 100% as we all struggle to get through the 4th death this year. Please pray for all of us.
I am so sorry to bring you all down, you are all so positve and have such great motivation for the new year! I do to! I am going to work harder than ever to be were I want to be weight wise and in general. I am so glad to call you all my friends, and I hope that you all know that i am so proud of you and can't wait to see what this year holds! At the end of this year, the only loss I would like to report is my WEIGHT LOSS. That would be wonderful.
Also wanted to let you know that I have an exciting opportunity to make a little extra $$ and be a "caregiver" of sorts to Adams grandmother who is dying of a brain tumor. Sydney and I will be her companion 5 days a week, 6 hours a day to help make sure she eats, gets up and down alright, etc. I will be privileged to do this until I can no longer care for her myself and she needs someone more medically experienced. So that will limit my "web" time to afternoons and evenings mostly. I WILL NOT FORGET YOU GUYS!!! You are such motivation !!
Anyway, hope you are all having a great start to your 2005, I didn't mean to put a cloud over it, I hope you all understand that! Have a great night, I am going to finish dinner with my family and then we will start to paint our bathrooms and master bedroom this weekend and next! So gotta get painting tonight while I have some energy!
TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 07:03 AM   #10  
I'm a homeschool mama

starting a new thread
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote