Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 10:55 AM   #1  
tired of being fat

Default New Creations #3

Hello everyone,
I would like to welcome you all to our new thread. We welcome anyone who is willing to give and recieve support of all kinds.

Well, here is the new thread for the week. Now that we are all back lets fill it. Lets make it as long as the first one. We have a new year comming and I for one want to make it my year to lose. I still have a long way to go but by this time next year I am hoping to be a maintainer. Are you all with me?

Ok so a question......Since we are all already trying to lose weight, what is your new years resolution?
Mine is to stay focused and exercise. I am not to good at staying with an exercise program for more then a month so that is my resolution.

I must go do some gift returning now, but will be on later.

Hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day

TTFN, Lori
Old 12-28-2004, 12:21 PM   #2  
No Uno Mas?

Hello,

I think it is great that this group is still going strong. I applaud each and every one of you
I've made a more personal resolution for 2005. I have decided that no matter what comes my way in 2005..I will face it head on and not forget who I am and not lose myself in any situation.
I also can't afford Weight Watchers online. I have already started saving for the next two semesters so my free money is very limited but as I said before as long as I have the suppurt I need I will still be successful.
As of this morning I have ribs ..well of course I have ribs but I can actually feel them without stretching. I have to admit that the little things entertain and excite me
I have found a recipe for Pizza Dogs 1 point each..I'm gonna try tomorrow and I will let you all know if it is good.

I'll check in later..have a good day
Old 12-28-2004, 10:53 PM   #3  
Going to Disney - 2005

hey everyone!

Glad to see we are all sticking with this. I so love when a group just posts away. It sure makes the journey more fun.

Today was good. I did my Target points and came in with 2.5 left. I have not touched my extra 35 so far have not needed to.

Went to Applebees and ate off the WW menu. I have the mesquite chicken salad. Woud not do that again. It was okay but I think there are other things I liked. guy at the table across from me was having the fish..it looked good oh and he did too LOL!

I do like doing the online journal. I joined the etools which is the cheaper version of online. I had a code so I did that. Just pop on the site at work and put food in.

my New Years resolution is to take care of me..body mind and soul!
Old 12-29-2004, 09:45 AM   #4  

Wink Hello!

Good morning! I just finished WATP and I am making a quick post before I get back to work. I already put my resolutions on the other thread but I do think getting healthy is #1! I love this thread thriving like it is! Lets all keep up the good work. Reaching our goals will be much easier with support and friendship. Has everyone noticed the sale ads are filled with weight loss items? This might be the time to look for equipement our workout videos and save some $$ if you can swing it. Of course I am always broke after the holidays I can always look for bargains on fitness on ebay around Feb. when most people have given up their resolution to lose weight Not us we will be going strong!!
I hate to be cutting this short but I have got to get busy with my work. Have a happy healthy day everyone!!
Old 12-29-2004, 10:31 AM   #5  
tired of being fat

Default hello

Good Morning everyone,

Just popping on real fast to say hello. I did alot of walking yesterday in the stores. We went to 4 different stores and I think I walked about 3 to 4 miles all together. Today I plan on doing a workout tape and some crunches. For christmas I got 3 new workout tapes, hand weights, and an ab roller. I have to put them to good use now.
Savin, I have been to the Applebees and have had their WW foods as well. I don't like fish so I stick to their chicken stuff. I like it.

Ok well, I have an 11 year old waiting for me to drive him to a friends house. I have to work tonight so I might not make it back today but will be back on tomorrow some time. Have a great day/night everyone.

TTFN, Lori
Old 12-29-2004, 02:56 PM   #6  
Happy Kitty Mom =^..^=

Hello darlings!

Work work work...*sigh* I've been spending massive ammounts of time on the computer but none of it here. *sigh*

We STILL haven't had Christmas...LOL. We're celebrating Saturday since we got hit with that humongo snow storm last week. FINALLY we're getting dug out and able to go places.

Resolutions? What are those? Actually, I haven't set any resolutions for about 3 years now. I always break them so why bother? Perhaps I'll try and set a few for this year...something small.

Best get back to work. *sigh* see y'all soon!

Happy blessings to all!

Kae
Old 12-29-2004, 04:51 PM   #7  
Jennifer

Default Hi

Hey Everyone,
I'm new to the message boards. I get on dwlz.com and post topics on there and I found out about this site. I'm glad I'm not the only one on here that needs to lose over 150 pounds. I need to lose 179 pounds I will be at the weight watchers goal of 151 but I want to try to get down to 120 or 130 My name is Jennifer and I'm 16 years old. My mom and dad are also on Weight watchers. My mom has lost 122 pounds and my dad has lost 75 pounds. I've lost 14.4 but I'm proud of it! I'm trying hard to have my weight off by my 18th Birthday (October 10,2006) I am homeschooled and I want to be a Computer programmer. My New Years Resolution is To Lose 75 pounds by the end of 2005 I'm pretty sure I can do that! My other Goals for 2005 is: Get into better health, Be able to drive without moving the seat back,to eat more fruits and vegetables, to drink more Milk, and to drink more Water. I guess that's pretty much all I have to say. Good luck to you all I know we can get all this weight off!!!!! Bye

Highest: 345
Current:330.6
V-day Goal:315.6
WW Goal:151
Personal Goal:120-130

My 5 pound Banana Dancers:

Last edited by Jennh1988; 12-29-2004 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Spelling Corrections and Changes
Old 12-29-2004, 05:42 PM   #8  

Smile hello again!

Hello everyone!! I am taking another break from my work and thought I would stop and catch up on the posts.
Jennh Welcome!! So glad to have you join us. I know exactly what you mean by being happy to find people who need to lose 100+ lbs. I tried other boards but feel very much at home here Congrats to you on the weight you have lost so far and to your family on theirs. That is quite an accomplishment. I love the enthusiasm you have and I know you will be an asset to our group.
Lori All the talk about the walking you did made me feel tired. lol!! I am so glad you got new work out tapes. I hope you enjoy them.
Kae I am so happy to see you are finally getting dug out of the snow. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas on Sunday.
I have had a good day so far--tons of water and been busy writing-ugh! My hand is tired-but it is $$ so I keep going! Speaking of that I better get back to it! I will be back later on.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:43 PM   #9  
No Uno Mas?

Hello,

I hope all of you are doing well.
Jennh- Welcome to New Creations. That's great! looks like you have a game plan. I wish you all the success..you deserve it
Cyn- I'm still waiting for the WATP tape from the library I am next in line but it seems like forever. I am anxious to try it from reading your posts about it.
Savin- I am in the same boat with you on the leftover points. It is 6:30 here and I still have 8 points. I don't like to eat after 7:00 so I'm gonna try some popcorn...but that will only subtract 1 point
Lori-Looks like you have your very own personal gym ..nice.
Kae-Hope your Christmas on Saturday is a good one.
..Well I went back to WW and weighed in and lost 1.2. I guess I'll stay there. I was told that the little raise in price is only temporary. They gave me a free exercise dvd..I'm not coordinated enough to do all of it but it is a good low intensity workout and it adds 2 points in activity whoohoo unfortunately I'm having trouble getting in my regular points
Old 12-30-2004, 02:08 AM   #10  
Going to Disney - 2005

hello everyone:
Jennah - you will find lots of support here and I am sure from your parents also. I think you can easily lose the weight just stick to program and work out.

I did not do to well today. but I used flex points and I figure with the other 18 I had left I won't worry about it.

Sorry so short but it is after 1 am and I am bushed. See you tomorrow.

Any of you on MSN or AOL to chat.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:15 AM   #11  

Smile Welcome Jennah!

It is great to see new people joining us!
I think with your attitude you will acheave your goals! That is fantastic that your parents are on WW. I bet that helps.
I am not so sure if it matters if you need to lose 100 lbs or 50. It is hard and takes lots of support no matter what. I need to lose another 40 lbs and whatever anyone here needs to lose I am there to support them! I understand the situations. My problem is I love food. I was reading in Self magazine, the Jan. 2005 issue, about a lady Holly Teicholtz. The articule was titled "Appetite for Life". Very inspiring. She talks about how she loves food. And if she has certain food around she would eat it until it was gone. A whole pint of ice cream or entire bag of oreos. Sounds a lot like me . She says even though she has lost 100 lbs it is still hard and she can't see how people can eat just one oreo or a small bowl of the ice cream and stop. I know that feeling! It is something akin to being an alcoholic I think. Since I don't drink much alcohol I don't really know for sure, but it seems to be like with any addiction. Our only problem is that we must still eat. Not like smoking where you just don't have them around or alchol where you just don't do it. I know I am over simplifiying but you get what I mean.
Hey, I just realized I am rambling. Anyway, it is a wonderful articule. Made me realize I am not alone in how I feel about food.
Did I tell you my resolution? To have a more possitive attitude! I figure that will go to all facits (sorry for the spelling) of my life! Weight, exercise, relationships, work and self! God has truly blessed me and I am going to work on remembering that!
Anyway, I didn't really mean to rambel. If you get a chance read the articule and let me know what you think. You could probably check it out on Self.com
Ok, well, I will try to be back later with a shorter post!
Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-30-2004, 11:11 AM   #12  

Talking

Hey yall! I'm Steph and I'm new too I love the setup on this board, and even though I've only been on here for a few days I've already met a bunch of wonderful people!

Soo....the question at hand

My new years revolution is to work out more. That's been my main problem. I'll do it for a few days, then stop:P But I recently acquired an exercise bike, AND it's sitting my tiny room, so I can't run from it:P
Old 12-30-2004, 11:37 AM   #13  
No Uno Mas?

Hello,

Steph-Welcome to New Creations. I know you will find this group very supportive.
Shawn-I wasn't able to find the artice you were talking about but I do know what you mean. I have my own trigger foods and if they are in my house..it is like I'm on a mission to eat every last bite. The only think I can do is not to keep theses foods on hand. Food is an addiction for me because I'm a emotional eater. I usualy over do it when I'm angry or depressed . As long as we know what these triggers are..I think we can control and maybe eventually eliminate them alltogether.
I made my 1 point Pizza Dogs yesterday and I must admit that they are good
Does anyone watch the Biggest Loser?
Old 12-30-2004, 11:58 AM   #14  
Jennifer

Default Good Morning All

Good Morning Everyone!
It's 11:46 am. and I just got up at 11 LOL I like to sleep late when I can. I'm out of school for Christmas and New years I have to start my homeschool work again January 3rd,2005 and I have to start babysitting my little cousin that is 2 again January 3rd, 2005. Yesterday I ate 8 flex points I haven't eaten Breakfast this morning because I got up so late I am just going to make up for it at lunch which is in about 10 or 15 minutes. I will be on If I lose good this week. I gained 5.2 last week but I accepted it because I ate like a Through the Holiday's but New years is a different story for me because I don't like black eyed peas or turnip greens so I will probably do good on this Holiday! I don't have to much to say this morning but that I have 5 cats 2 boys (Tiger and Leo) and 3 girls (Mittens, Pearl, and Freckles) I guess I had better go I need to eat something I'm hungry! See you all later.
at Weigh ins!!!!!
Jennifer aka Jennh1988

Highest:345
Current:330.6
Valentines Day Goal:315.6
WW Goal:151
Personal Goal: 120-130
14 pounds gone Forever!
Old 12-30-2004, 12:57 PM   #15  
Happy Kitty Mom =^..^=

Default Prayer request

Please pray for my grandma, Jo Wiefering. Mom called her last night and she couldn't talk, she could only make grunting type noises. Mom told her to hang up and that she, mom, was calling 911. She was able to talk by the time the paramedics got there but while they were waiting in the ER, Grandma had episodes where she couldn't get her words out and is very very frustrated. Mom says Grandma has had a slight stroke and is currently at the hospital undergoing tests to find out the extent.

Thanks everyone. I'll let you know when I find out more.

Kae
Closed Thread