View Poll Results: What's your preferred method of getting all toasty brown?
None - I prefer my natural colour 5 26.32%
Getting out in the sun 8 42.11%
Getting under a sunbed 2 10.53%
Getting out the fake tan 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 06:04 AM   #1  
flibbertobbergenie!

Thumbs down Tuesday 26th June

Hellooooooooooooooooo and good morning

It is boiling hot here in the UK, Wimbledon is on the telly, Internation cricket against Australia starts in a few days' time, I DO NOT WANT TO BE WORKING!!! But unfortunately, I have a whole list of things to be getting on with, and time is of the essence so I am stuck here in front of the computer

Well, the weekend was FUN, the spa day was ace - especially the swimming pool/sauna/jacuzzi bit in the afternoon! And we both ran the WHOLE of the 5k, albeit very slowly (I blame the heat!) - I got a time of 40:30, and kirsty came in in 39. I didn't even keel over once I got through the finish line ... so now I am thinking I might do another one in September and try and go a bit faster ... hmm ...

Have been filling in the food diary at www.fitday.com every day this week, and it is so interesting to see what vitamins and nutrients I'm (not) getting. I thought my diet was pretty healthy, and it probably is compared to the average, but even so, I am eating more fat and sodium and fewer vitamins than I would have thought. Got WI in half an hour, so let's see what happens there ...

Anyway, better dash - work calls. Come out and play, and I'll be back later

hugs,
Lxxx

ps:- WOO HOO!!! 3.5 down and I'm under 200!!!

Last edited by Lollybird; 06-26-2001 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-26-2001, 08:50 AM   #2  

Wink

WAY TO GO LOLLY!!!!

That is awesome! Take the day off and celebrate!!

I voted the sun on the poll, I am pretty dark already, not always the best about wearing sun screen, need to be better about it.

Well, another day of work, and I just feel like hanging out here all day!

Not much else new. Staying within my points, and trying to get some exercise.

I'll post later!

Last edited by TonyaLyn; 06-26-2001 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-26-2001, 09:53 AM   #3  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Hello all.

I just have not time to post anymore. Makes me sad. What with internet police etc.

Anyway, I am doing very well but eating way too much. I need to eat less and better. Lately I have really craved mac and cheese. Not good as I go the kraft kind. I need to make my own to get a better kind. Also, I have not been too hip on veggies (and usually I LOVE them) so I am forcing myself to eat them. Anything for the little one.

Lolly: CONGRATS on being under 200!!! That is so wonderful!!!!

Tonya: get on teh sun screen. Skin cancer can be so bad.

Ok, must go.

Trish
Old 06-26-2001, 10:30 AM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Default LOLLY!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done!! You must be so pumped!! I bet it was that run that melted it off for you this week - YAY!!! What a great motivator that is....I tried the fitday thing but it takes so long that I never get done....slow computer!

Re the poll, I like my own colour. I am an olive girl and I use sunscreen but still manage a bit of a tan. I am careful though - lots of dark moles I have to watch!!

Well, I had a nice night - went to dinner with my mom, but I got sick afterward!! I think htere was MSG or something in hte food!? Tonite b/f and I are going to my sister's for dinner. I am so tired though....I slept from 9:30 - 6:45 without even waking to pee and I am still dragging my @ss today. I need Coffee!! Well, off to get a caffiene fix!!

Hi Tonya & Trish and the potential posters!

Have a great OP day!!
Old 06-26-2001, 11:21 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Hey! come out and post!!!??? Where is everyone?
Old 06-26-2001, 11:32 AM   #6  

I am so bored at work, I wish you all would come out and post too!!!

So, Belle, what do ya want to talk about?
Old 06-26-2001, 11:34 AM   #7  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Good Morning

Hey everyone...since the wedding is close, I've been tanning in a bed. I know it's bad and I'm not gonna continue after the honeymoon.
I had leftover shower cake for breakfast this morning. BAD ME!! Why? I don't know. It was there.
Boss is coming back.
More later....
Old 06-26-2001, 11:35 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Hey Tonya...well, now I am on the spot!! Can't think of anything (besides how tired I am and how unengrossed I am in my work!)

AGH!!

Did you notice there are 9 votes, but only like 4 of us posting?? LURKERS!!!
Old 06-26-2001, 11:38 AM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Stacey - I don't know why I do that too - if there is cake there I'll eat it for breakfast. But I look at it this way - I'll work it off the rest of the day!? Right??

I ate 36 points yesterday (GASP!) I earned 4 activity points,but still! I had a half a peice of cheesequake from the cheesecake cafe and cream sauce pasta for dinner - how bad am I??? I paid for it though...

Today - going to be much better...

KO - forgot to mention that the michelina's are pretty bad....there are some good ones out there though, you need to try a bunch of different frozen dinners to find the good and low point ones.

Well, off to try to do work (but I'll be checking every 3 or 4 minutes, as am not very engrossed in work...

Belle!!!
Old 06-26-2001, 11:48 AM   #10  
Scotland's finest export

Default never fear, kirsty's here!

hello girls,
sorry to lurk, but mondays and tuesdays are my busy days. and will be for the next few months (my notice period is 3 months cos i'm so hard to replace apparently). only they don't know i'm going yet cos still to get contract and check it all out...anyhow. once i do decide you guys may not see very much of me for a while, i don't know what internet access will be like.
i prefer to be tanned, but because i burn in the sun, don't want skin cancer from sun beds and am too lazy to use fake tan, i guess i prefer my natural colour! (milk bottle white: i glow in the dark and dazzle traffic).
LOLLY - HOORAY! that's great news.
trish, the hot weather here has put me off my food. but rather than eat less i'm forcing myself to eat regular meals and seem to end up eating just as much (once i start i can't stop....). good luck avoiding the mac and cheese.
hi belle, stacey, tonya and all the lurkers. i better work before someone reads this post!!

kirsty
Old 06-26-2001, 11:52 AM   #11  

Default Whoo Hoo lolly!!!

Congratulations lolly-you are motivating me.....went to dinner last night with a friend and his mom-we had japanese stir fry and i managed to stay in points by ordering swordfish-mmmmm
So...I moved over the weekend-very stressful b/c u haul screwed me over and I couldn't get a rental truck even though i had reserved one 2 weeks before!!! So my friends were lifesavers and I moved with two pickup trucks and a Durango...then after a hectic Sat/Sunday I started commuting to my old job-an hour each way from the new place(the new job starts in 6 weeks-commute will be 10 minutes)...so anyhow...this friend of mine is moving to town...he came in with his mom to unpack his stuff...but his movers aren't getting here till friday!!! So they are staying with me....it is stressful to have comapny right after you move!!!! And to top it off...i need to get up extra early every morning to drive them to the commuter train station...I tried hinting that they take a cab but he didn't bite....what a pain!!!! I mean-I offered to put them up for one or two nights-and it turns out to be four or five!!! Grr...ok, i 'm done...
Now tonight DF and i had plans w/ my old roomie and her fiance-they are moving out of town this week to minnesota...and I have to have my friend and his mom tag along...
Amidst all of this I am working solo as a doctor for the first week in my life....AND trying to stay OP and exercize...AND dealing w/ PMS.....can't wait for WI
Thanks for 'listening' to me rant and rave!

bye for now...Lori
Old 06-26-2001, 11:56 AM   #12  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Whoo-hoo!

I stayed OP yesterday, for possibly the first time in weeks! Yippee! And went walking. Only 2 exercise points but that's something. I'm going to have a salad for lunch and stay OP today, because maybe I have a little shot at losing tomorrow. I'll take .2, .4, anything! But I tell you, girls, I SOOO want to get under 180. It would help me so much to break that number.

Lolly: Congrats on getting under 200!

Hi Belle, Stacey, Tonya, Trish ...

On tanning: I like to get a little sun natually, but I'm pretty fair, so I always slop on the sunscreen and take whatever I get. I don't get outside as much as I'd like, though! I use self-tanner once in a while, which is really great. The best thing I like about the summer sun, though, is that it lightens my hair!

Well, gotta meet b/f pretty soon for lunch. Trying to grab a little time together!
Old 06-26-2001, 11:58 AM   #13  
A Yankee in Virginia

Whoops ... hi to Kirsty and Lori, too. We were posting at the same time. Lori, what kind of doctor are you? Good luck!
Old 06-26-2001, 12:02 PM   #14  

Yesterday ended up ok - 25 poimts plus 6 exercise points. I wanted to bank more to make up for the weekend but I will have to settle for my max and try again today. We went to thte grocery and bought yummy healthy. We had bbq chicken and cou couse with wilted s[inach last night - very good and only 6 poitns for the whole dinner. We are going to have steak and cous cous(get rid of leftovers) this wekk as well as vegie fajitas - looking forward to that

I am working at home today and again don't have much work. I may get a break this afternoon if I am lucky. I had a Dr. appt thismorning adn it was fine - arthirits is the same, increase medication.

How is everyone? I am a little depressed/antsy. Can't really rescribe why. DH was supposed to go to Lousiana with my dad to bring back a truck of furtinuture for us and some cousins but now may not be able to. I feel bad b/d I am annoyed at DH b/c if he didn't want to go to Las Vegas(frivilous trip) he could change the dates to Lousiana. I don't know what we are doing now.

Lolly - Great job on the race and on being under 200. You must feel great. You desreve a day off!

Kirsty - 3 months notice i a very long time. Does the TV station know abou that part? I couldn't wait that long!!!

Tonya - Come play more. Good job on points!

Trish - don't worry too much baout points right now. On the Pregnant WW board there are women who eat anywhere from 30-55 points per day while PG.

Lori - Sorry your week is so stressful. Can't you leave the company at home while you go out? You are certainly a nice friend to have them stay in your new place before you are unpackked. I hate UHaul. If DH drives a truck up this summer, no UHauls!!!!

Stacey - I can't resist cake either. I would eat it every meal if it were in my house.

Ok, talk to you later.

Sarah
Old 06-26-2001, 12:25 PM   #15  

Was just checking out the bio thread...now there is some inspiration-we are all shrinking!!!!
Lori-Yes, I am procrastinating....
Closed Thread