Old 12-28-2004, 11:37 AM   #1  
PamPSM644

Default Out With The Fat

I hate left overs. Years of Mother saying,"Don't waist food" prevents me from throwing out perfectly good but not "good" for me food. So it sits in the frig tempting me until it's eaten.Finally today it's all gone so I have to eat only diet stuff. I'm determined to get back at it. It's time to hunker down! Grrrr.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 11:48 AM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Pam~I am with you on the leftovers. I HATE them also! But not because I will eat them if they are around. I won't eat any leftovers except at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Of course that is the only time I cook enough to have leftovers. Usually tho I cook enough food for the people who are home and if I happen to cook a little too much it goes in the trash. The only things I save are goulash (sp?), chicken and rice, and chili and I don't eat it-DH and/or DS#1 eats it. Won't even make spaghetti sauce, soup or chili ahead and freeze it because to me it is leftover! Anyway...I agree it is time to hunker down-glad the holidays are over. Well, except for New Years and we don't go anywhere or have a special dinner so no problem there.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 02:36 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Pam - have you read Dr. Phil's The Ultimate Weight Solution - the 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom? I have found it very, very helpful in my weight loss. One of his keys is "A No-fail Environment" and I think it will help you, too. The first sentence in the chapter is "You can't eat what's not there." I'm assuming your mother would want what's best for your health. It took me awhile to be okay with throwing away food, too, but now I don't even blink, lol. Better down the garbage disposal than causing health and emotional problems for us, right?

Pop on over the the "Weight Loss Talk" thread and join us there, ok? We're in the midst of listing our particular challenges.... hope to see you there again!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote