Old 12-27-2004, 12:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default Dreams, Hopes and Goals for 2005

Anybody have any dreams, hopes and goals for 2005? Now, we're not talking resolutions here, but just things you'd really like to see happen. Here are some of mine:

1) Give back to my community. I plan to start working with a group of women who test for lazy eye in preschoolers.

2) Celebrate Sarah's triumph over cancer.

3) Save money for next year's vacation in Hawaii to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

4) Get to my goal weight and share in other's success with losing weight this year.

5) Enjoy photos of the beautiful babies that will be born to members here.

6) Do my part to ensure a kinder, gentler 2005.

There will probably be more as I think more about this topic, but those are the things that come to mind right now.

Last edited by Sheila53; 12-31-2004 at 11:16 PM.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 01:35 PM   #2  

This is a nice thread Sheila, thanks for starting it. Hmmm...Let me see. I can only think of a couple of things right now, but I'll come back and edit when the rest come to mind.

1. Reach my goal weight. Maybe not by my year mark but by the end of the year 2005. Sheila you are so close we will be celebrating your goal weight before to long. I can't wait.

2. I have to mirror you on this one Sheila, celebrating Sarah's triumph over cancer will truly be a glorious event. This to, I also anxiously anticipate.

3. I want to be more patient with my husband and kids. I am generally not a patient person and I want to change that.

4. Be a better communicator with my loved ones. Be able to express what I am feeling without turning to anger. This is a big one for me. I think it might require some counseling.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 06:02 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

• get back OP, for life this time
  • watch Miss Sarah KICK CANCER'S ***!!!
  • move my BMI to Overweight instead of Obese
  • save up to go to the PKD Foundation's Annual Conference in Anaheim in June
  • get hired for full time, instead of temping
  • to be able to get under a certain size & STAY THERE!!!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 08:32 PM   #4  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

1. Celebrate with Sarah when she makes a full recovery
2. Lose the last 45 pounds.
3. Find true love.
4. Be more patient.
5. Have my business become more sucessful.
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 08:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I think first and foremost I want to share in other's goals/dreams and try to be more empathetic and patient in general.

I'm going to echo the watching Sarah kick cancer's ***, I think that's a given. And we know she will.

I'm also going to figure out the right mix for my "diet." I need to stop with my BS, basically, and get on plan 100% of the time. It's really the eating that's causing me the grief, and it's something I haven't talked about in counseling, EVER, because it's such a sensitive topic for me. I'm really going to try.

I hope that you all are ready to have a great year, because I think that's what it will be for all of us. It's what we make of it that counts, right?
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:12 AM   #6  
PamPSM644

Sarah beating cancer is my number 1;then by this time next year I want to be in the 100 lbs lost club. I also want to find a new hobbie or interest to get involved in that really meaningfull.Ummm.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:56 AM   #7  
2006 - Panda Remix

My hopes and dreams for 2005.............

1) Support Sarah, in the little way I can, to beat her cancer - and celebrate her victories!

2) Focus on my diet and exercise and lose a significant amount of my excess weight, if not all of what I want to lose.

3) Get ready mentally and physically for my wedding and starting my family.

4) Find a church that is right for me and commit to attending regularly.

5) Continue counselling and not lose too many days to depression.
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 01:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

1. Watch Sarah kick cancer and hear her plans for Italy and see lots of pictures for her trip.

2. That my daughter delievers her son with out problems and they are both healthy.

3. That the men in women in the armed forces are back with their families and no one on either side has to hear about a loss of a loved one.

4. I remind myself what is most important and not get upset over the little things.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 01:17 PM   #9  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Sarah has already kicked Cancer it just needs to be told to get on it's way.

I echo Amanda in finding a church and commiting to going.

I want to start doing something for the homeless instead of just talking about it.

I want to manage my money better.

last but not least I want to be at goal weight by the end of 2005.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:52 PM   #10  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Oh you guys, you just touch me so much with your endless support of me. You're SUCH good friends.

I'm going to think on mine (I think we know ONE of them, anyway!! ) and return to post them together......

Again, thank you for thinking of me, my dear friends. You really know how to make a girl feel great!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 12:15 PM   #11  

Great thread.....Dreams and hopes sounds better than classical resolutions

Here are mine:

1. Watch Sarah overcome HD

2. Loose enough weight to find myself beautiful naked while i look in the mirror (Quote from movie American Beauty)

3. Have a more stable profesionnal life (there were talks about closing out the company i work for)

4. Find love
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 01:25 AM   #12  

To see all of us acheive a healthy state of being most especially Sarah and Heather.

Be a more giving person.

Increase my patience.

Increase my faith.
dharmaspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 11:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Anyone else have any dreams, hope, and goals for 2005 you'd like to share?
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 12:16 AM   #14  
Exercise Vidiot

Dreams for 2005
1. Celebrating Sarah beating cancer!
2. Celebrating the births of so many babies!
3. Finally closing escrow on my dream home (and getting started on the remodeling)!
4. Reaching my goal weight and seeing my friends here achieve their goals and dreams!
5. And in late 2005, maybe DH and I will start trying to have our own family...
Fitbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 12:18 AM   #15  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Ok, well, I might as well jump on the bandwagon and start off with Number 1:

1. Celebrate Sarah's triumph over cancer! Oh wait, that's me ....ok, well, I know it's going to be a hard year, but what are months of unpleasantness in the name of life -- yes, sweet LIFE -- for years and years to come? This is going to be an important year in my life, and I intend to learn from it and grow wiser.

2. Maintain an active and healthy life throughout chemo. I'm looking at 6-8 months of chemo, and I intend to continue to exercise to some degree and eat nutritious food throughout -- both in support of my treatment and overall short-term and long-term good health. It will help me combat chemo-related depression and increase my energy levels also.

3. Grow even closer to my beloved Lorraine. She's a gift straight from heaven (no pun intended ) and together we WILL get through this year.

4. Grow in my spirituality. Sometimes it takes a cancer diagnosis to make you recognize that your relationship with God could be stronger. That has been the case for me, and I will be doing some important reading, soul searching, and talking with God, as well as attending my Unitarian Church much more frequently than I have been.

5. I am going to refresh my Italian. I used to be fluent, but when you don't use it, you lose it, as they say -- and my vocabulary is greatly diminished. So I'll be pulling out my books in Italian and watching all the Italian movies I can get my hands on.

6. I am going to chronicle my Hodgkins experience online in my blog, so others diagnosed can benefit from it, and I have it to refer back to. I think it will help me to stay present throughout the experience and not get too lost in my own head, and I'll be able to enjoy the interaction I have with my blogging friends.

7. I am going to continue my presence here with you all as well, mostly because I care about you all and want to see you all succeed, but also because my weight loss goals are no less present now that I have a more urgent priority -- they're just moved to the back burner.

8. I am going to try very hard to stay positive, no matter how crappy I'm feeling. I will try to stay rational and try to maintain a realistic outlook, while focusing on the good, the present, and the possibilities, rather than the bad, the absent, and the fears. Sometimes that will be easier than others, but if I don't always try, it sure won't happen on its own, right?

9. I'm going to get to Italy or Greece next year.......once I've completed the treatment and have successfully made it to remission. (The second part of that beautiful gift my sweet Lorraine gave me for Christmas -- I love that book of course, but you KNOW I'm going on that trip once I kick cancer's ***!)

I love you guys. Honestly, I don't know how to thank you all for your loving support. What an amazing little community we have here, no? I send each of you my heartfelt appreciation and love.

Thank you.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote