Old 12-26-2004, 11:25 AM   #1  
PamPSM644

Default Mine Was Great ,Was Yours?

Everyone was so surprised at how much weight I lost and how differant I look. I got lots of new clothes for presents which I needed but most wonderful was not hating having my picture taken. For the first time in almost 15yrs I did mind. I didn't try to hide behind someone or something and I didn't have that feeling of dread waiting for someone to pull out the camera you know is going to come.I think this was the best present of all.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 03:15 PM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

That is cool Pam ~ I'm glad for you.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 05:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Pam that is wonderful!!! I hope for the day when that camera doesn't make me feel terrible and for new clothes! Give yourself a HUGE pat on the back!!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 07:13 PM   #4  

Mine was ok. I forewarned the family that no pics were to be taken because my hair needed coloring badly and I wasn't gonna do it until I had permission from the OB/GYN My mom said I looked good since I lost over 40 pounds, but my of a grandmother who knows I'm pregnant came over on Christmas Eve. I haven't seen her in 2 years and I'm skinnier now than I have been in 6 years and she looks at me and says "You are putting on some weight". I said well I'm still down 40 pounds but yeah I'm getting a baby belly. Then she says my face looks swollen, my mom said it didn't and told her to shut up. I think I need to give her the list of weight related questions you don't ask a pregnant woman Grrrr!
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 09:12 PM   #5  

Pam, that is a wonderful feeling to have when you are no longer afraid of the camera. I kind of felt that way this year. It's when I actually see the picture that I will know how I really feel. Clothes are great!! Gretchen and Sarah had to insist that when I was losing to get new clothes, because I was having such a hard time seeing the weight loss. It helped so much. I finally go rid of my "big" clothes. Also, that does not give me pemission to gain back weight. I'd have nothing to wear if I did. I'm so happy that you are proud of yourself, cause we certainly are proud of you!!

Kimberlie, geez, my brother sounds alot like your grandmother. He has consistently gave me a hard time about my weight since I was a teenager. Just have to ignore the "poison" people in your life. You have accomplished so much. Don't let her take that away from you.

Last edited by Tammy32; 12-26-2004 at 09:26 PM.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 07:19 AM   #6  

Well I gained two pounds but I don't mind as much because I got to see family I haven't see in awhile. Watching my nieces and nephews open their xmas gifts made me want to go out and have a kid but then they started arguing and fussing and that changed my mind real quick.

Congrats Pam on your accomplishment. It's these little milestones we pass that makes the journey a little more bearable.

Kimberlie, she's probably just jealous. Not only that my father told me once that some people prefer you to stay the same especially if you are unhealthy. It gives them some kind of boost. Don't give into her neurosis. You've accomplished something awesome.
dharmaspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 12:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Pam, that's wonderful! What a great NSV!

Kimberlie, it's probably best that you see her so seldom--her loss, too. My father would always make comments, and I got so tired of it that I told him if he ever wanted to see me and his grandchildren again, he'd better never make another weight comment to me. He knew I was serious, and he never mentioned my weight again.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 01:10 PM   #8  
Born Looser :)

well yall, my best gift for x-mas came a lil earlier than planned.. my sister had her lil girl on the 21st and came on on x-mas eve plus we had snow were in la(neworleans) and it does not snow here.. lol

i think that is the best x-mas

oh yea:

the baby was 7 pounds and something ..(i forget)
jet black wavy hair so precious , i will post pics when i can
LisaMarie1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 01:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Lightbulb

My christmas was pretty good although nobody noticed any difference in me, even though i had all my long hair cut short. I Hope that I get to a time in my life when I am n ot scared of camera and camcorders (shudders) and I time when I can actually ask for clothes. Right now, I cant ask for clothes, because people never get the sizing right. Plus, i like big baggy stuff :-P
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote