South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 02:25 PM   #1  

Default Survived Christmas! Chat for Dec. 26

Well its Boxing Day here downunder and I survived Xmas Day. I didn't stay on plan but skipped the sweets and starches as best as I could. I had bacon with mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast, beef with salad and a little bit of roasted veges (I cooked them in olive oil and fresh herbs and picked out the low GI ones), ate from the fruit platter for desert, snacked on the nuts and cheeses rather than the sweets, then had a slice of ham in a crossaint for dinner (salads were ALL starchy with high fat dressings) and a slice of cheesecake which I made myself using l/f ingredients. I still ate far too much and probably drank almost a full bottle of wine over the course of the day but at least I don't have a fridge full of leftovers. My DD is still fast asleep but she got a new bike for Xmas so I think we are in need for a family bike ride.
Old 12-25-2004, 02:32 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hugs and happy Feast of Stephen! So strange to think you are over the hump of the Christmas feeding frenzy. We are planning naps and then going to my sister's house for traditional turkey dinner.
A family bike ride sounds like fun! Sleigh ride would be more likely here!
Everyone will be back on track with you in 24 hours or less. So we'll just get over the infractiosn and keep on eating the right stuff!
Old 12-26-2004, 06:33 AM   #3  
i luv my dog!

Christmas Day was nice and I survived pretty much unscathed as well. Only had one glass of wine yesterday

I thought I was going to be able to get through Dec. without having to bake anything, but today DH asked me to make him some butterscotch oatmeal cookies, so I guess that will be on today's agenda.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

ta ta
Old 12-26-2004, 07:51 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

Had a lovely dinner at my sister's place except too many carbs. I did not eat any of her Christmas baking or drink too much wine. Today will be a rather unhealthy lunch when my kids come (pizza!) but I'll be back on track by supper time. Tomorrow I get my treadmill picked up and then it begins! Knee or not, I'm going to use the thing!

I hope everyone had a good holiday. Remember this is the second day of Christmas so expect a gift of two turtle doves!

Shut up, Ruth, and get ready for Church!
Old 12-26-2004, 08:46 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnababy
Ellis, I have been thinking of you and your family as I am able to celebrate that my dad is here with us this Christmas I also say a prayer for all those families who have lost a loved one this year. May the peace and joy that is the Reason for the Season be in your household this Christmas. And thank you to you and Ruth for the prayers shared for others on the board.
Bunna, that is so beautiful. Thank you so much, sweetie.
How wonderful to have your Dad with you this Christmas, and what a gift your son and DIL received! Doesn't that just renew your faith in the human race? I think that the caring of a few overcomes the unkindness of many. I'm so very glad for them.

Chick, congratulations for staying pretty much OP! You did well!!

Ruth, I'm so glad you're getting a treadmill!
Yes, the day is suddenly over, isn't it? All that preparation.

A broad abroad, I was just thinking of you. Mom gave us money for a radio for our new kitchen, and we bought the most beautiful, Grundig, classic shortwave. From Germany. It's almost too good for the kitchen!

We had a very good day, yesterday. Mom was really glad to be here, and didn't break down at all. She had a very good attitude. I ruined it by breaking down when she was leaving to go to my sister's. I went outside to warm up her car, and realized that it was all over, and I wasn't going to be seeing my Dad. I had a **** of a good cry in her car. crap.
Otherwise, all was good. The kids had fun, we ate too much, and we played eucre late into the night with DH's mother and sister (wishing that HIS Dad was still alive, too, because he was the funniest man, and a hoot to play eucre with).
And I drank a large quantity of a wine called, "Cat's Pee on a Gooseberry Bush", which was surprisingly good.

I hope everyone here had a good day! Looking forward to hearing your stories.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:35 AM   #6  

Good Morning!

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday season! DD and I returned on Christmas Eve from a week trip to Ohio. Talk about some snow!! It was a very low-key, relaxing visit with family.

Yesterday was spent at home with my parents in the morning, and then to DHs parents in the afternoon. That is never much fun as his mom HATES Christmas and hosting dinner. My thought- don't invite everyone over! Anyhow, we all survived the day and are planning to veg at home watching football today.

Pregnancy is coming along just fine, I am feeling much better these days- no nausea and a lot less tired. My next appointment is the first week in January, I am looking forward to that!! Eating hasn't been perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I am watching sweet intake and stuff like that!

Hope everyone is well, I look forward to catching up on some posts as it has been forever since I have checked in!
Old 12-26-2004, 02:26 PM   #7  

Karen! I'm glad to hear you are doing well. Isn't it strange to still see snow on the ground in Dallas days after the snow! But I have to admit I am ready for it to warm up.

I started to walk on my treadmill yesterday only to have DH and Brian come home upset that Brian lost the battery door to his new camera at the park. So instead of walking, I ended up helping to look for it. It was found and is now better taped. I did get some exercise on Brian's new dance mat. That really makes you work up a sweat!

I'm looking for one more recipe and then am off to the gym and then grocery store. I am trying a Black Bean and Turkey soup recipe to use up some of the leftover turkey and I'd like to find a whole wheat roll recipe to go with it.
I'd better get busy.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:28 PM   #8  

Well we went on that bike ride! We biked 10km (about 7-8 miles I guess) which was a good achievement for my 9 yr old daughter. We stopped off at two beaches along the way so had a couple of hours outside and managed to build up an appetite for our leftovers lunch. Felt much better for it. Then we went shopping so my dd could spend her vouchers so have more polly pockets! Have a BBQ to attend today so I am marinading some chicken breast in greek yogurt and garlic and will make up kebabs and will do some vege kebabs to take as well. We fly to Australia day after tomorrow so I am not sure how well I will stay on plan over there with eating out, but am counting on it being too hot to eat!
Old 12-26-2004, 03:00 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning.

The day went well. Hope yours did as well.

I can't wait until my next check. Is it wrong to be craving veggies???
Old 12-26-2004, 04:04 PM   #10  
A Lily from my yard!

Very fast drive by. I found out today that my sister is coming to visit today! OMG! My house is upside down from all the holiday prep etc. We had Christmas at DH parents today and i had to cook for that this morning so now I am getting into Super Woman mode to do a clean sweep on the house! Christmas was wonderful for us sounds that same for you all. I may be MIA for a day or 2 while they are here. Love ya all!
Old 12-26-2004, 06:39 PM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi chicks everyone sounds like they are having a wonderful christmas. Ellis don't be to hard on yourself nothing like a good cry to cleanse the soul. We had a wonderful christmas day and a great boxing day. Lots of family and food. My two dd have left to go to grandma's house for the night to visit with their cousin so dh and I are enjoying the peace and quiet. We are excepting a big storm tonight and into tomorrow with up to 30 cm of snow. I hope it is all over by the time I have to go to work tomorrow night. Well I must go and enjoy so dh time have a good night chicks.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:43 PM   #12  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi everyone!

Just a quick stop in to say hi! Hope everyone is doing well. Saw Christmas with the Kranks today - pretty funny!
Old 12-26-2004, 07:51 PM   #13  

Hi everyone,
I hope that you all had a safe and great Christmas day with your families. I wasn't able to visit the site much over the last week - lets just say that Christmas doesn't always bring out the best in some family members, so there was much scuttling around to try and deflect some Christmas cranks that were getting around!

Thanks goodness the silly season is almost over....

Our Christmas day was just OK.. alot of driving around, but our boxing day with friends was just lovely ~ a little too much champagne though

Take care.
Closed Thread