Old 12-20-2004, 06:13 AM   #1  

Smile daily chick chat, week of Dec 20-26

how's everyone?

a new week, going to be a busy one, don't forget to put yourself first and stay healthy!
Old 12-20-2004, 06:17 AM   #2  

just time to say a quick hohoho!

we have 2 inches of snow, just enough to mess up the monday morning commute! It's cold too, and the furnace is burning up all the money we will make today just to keep the house warm!

Did some of the christmas shopping yesterday and saturday, and will finish up a few details each evening this week. Work will have a few little parties and such, enough to get no work done and be swamped next week with end of the year paperwork. Will try to get ahead today.

that's it for me...later,
dottie
Old 12-20-2004, 08:02 AM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning Dotti and all to come.

I am finally getting my office today! I can't wait! We are going to NY on ZThursday this week so DH can vome with us. It gives me a day extra at home so i really can't complain although his grandmother is not happy we are coming a day late.

Little man's birthday is Saturday so I am working on getting that together too.

For those of you with kids grade 4-8 I got older boy and Iquest form Leap pad. Looks like a good study aide!

Ok off to the shower so I don't get stuck in my pajamas for the installers today. Keep warm, keep safe and keep your head in place with all the pushy people out there grabbing for your stuff!
-L
Old 12-20-2004, 09:11 AM   #4  

Morning! freezing here! 10 degrees this AM in NC! brrrr! should not get this cold! but I guess it's getting us ready for Maine next sunday. I'm getting excited- for everything, seeing my parents, friends, and my bridal shower... did I tell you I've been peeking online? I know we got some stuff that we asked for!

Have a great week everyone- I'll check back on later!
Old 12-21-2004, 06:10 AM   #5  

Hi L, hi Kandice- nice to hear the news is good there, L enjoy the new office- are you having desk/cabinetry installed? Kandice- it's 10 degrees here too, ugh!

Tuesday morning...counting down the days til Christmas- and still shopping bit by bit.

got good new on the MIL front- her blood test for the cancer came back good- we are relieved to say the least. she has a scan for next week, but doesn't want any more chemo- so we may be on the home stretch.

I may get my "office" back soon! Happy, happy day! I was getting ready to have the upstairs extra room converted permanently into computer/desk space, in addition to guest beds, tv/dvd. and recliner. But if she can go home in a month or so, I won't do it. We'll see how she gets her strength back. Now she can't lift a thing, and can't walk further than the bathroom, let alone drive. But that should improve.

I bought a Christmas tree last night. DH and I don't have one, and we are having DS, BIL and DN here Christmas eve, and I wanted to decorate a bit more. I bought an artificial tree cause I can't deal with the set up, stand and lights and all. But it's a nice, small but full pre-lit one, and I bought new decorations, since I haven't had a tree in years. I knew MIL really wanted us to get one, her face just lit up when I told her. She and I will put it up tonight as a surprise for DH, who works late today.

that's it. eating chocolate often...:sman: ho ho!

have a good one,
dottie

Last edited by dottiejon; 12-21-2004 at 06:15 AM.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:22 AM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Ahh Dotti, Life seems to be looking up for all of you.

I had California closets come in and do my office. It is pricy but it also went in in one day. i have to go to staples today and get a few power strips and office supplies.

I have to go dry my hair as the hany man is stopping by to do a few odds and ends around the house and my hair is wet!

Have a good day, keep warm! to all my chickie friends....lets all post this week please, just a hello will do!
-L
-L
Old 12-21-2004, 11:10 AM   #7  

Ok - here's your hello, L.

Boy it sure does suck to have to get up and go to work this week when all my kiddos are home and we could be doing some fun stuff. Not to mention that I still need to make some Christmas cookies, wrap presents, and go by gift certs. for my 3 nephews. And Christmas is SATURDAY!

Well, I better go hit the showers. Dottie - that is great news about your MIL. Couldn't be a more wonderful Christmas gift.

Kel
Old 12-21-2004, 12:14 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good stuff, Dottie, and a big relief, I'm sure.

We are freezing to death here with -43C with the wind chill yesterday. Today it's a more moderate 0F but still pretty nippy out there. Lugging in firewood is my most hated chore!

Tree is up but not decorated, most wrapping is done, I need to buy one gift and then do cooking for our Christmas Eve Party. I'm in control - I think!

Nice to see you all.

:merry:
Old 12-22-2004, 06:55 AM   #9  

Wednesday morning...I don't have anything new to say, just stopping by to check in. I have a quiet workday today, and got alot of my gift shopping done- so I will relax a bit. Ruth, -43? can't imagine it! And dragging in wood? You are a strong little elf, aren't you?
Nice to see you Kel, I feel the same way, it feel wrong to have to go to work this week- I want to be home!
L, my friend used Calif. Closets for 3 main closets in her house and was very happy. Do you like how it turned out?
That's it for me, just wanted to drop in for a quick hi-

off to work we go!
dottie
Old 12-22-2004, 09:54 AM   #10  

Wednesday- last day of work for 11 days! yeah! I don't come back until the 3rd.
I'm even hoping that I can get out a little early today and run to the city to finish up the gift cards. That's all I have left to do. I hate having to go 40 minutes one way to get gift cards- 10 minutes run in and out of the store- but oh well.

We were getting our wedding invites put together last night and ran out of envelopes! they didn't send us enough! we ordered 100 and they sent 87. but I really only needed 75, so I'm hoping that when I call the customer service and tell them that they didn't send enough preprinted envelopes that they'd deal and just give us more thank you cards. They sent 25 blank thank you cards for free as part of our order and I'm sure they don't want to print 13 envelopes, so maybe they'd send us 25 more thank you cards and then I wouldn't have to buy any for my shower gifts.

Carolers from our church came to our door last night too- 1st- 8th grades and the choir director. They sang and then asked if Chris (Christopher) could come join them and sing for the rest of the night- we brought him up to his grandmas for the rest of the week. It was neat. I never had carolers sing at our house before. It's great to feel so welcomed- we've only been going to this church for a month or so.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:11 PM   #11  
Owned by Dixie

afternoon!

Busy morning as we prepare to go to NY tomorrow. The laundry is almost done, the kids have their cloths together and the packages are done too.

My dog has to go the the vet today and I need to go with my SIL to look at a new car. She got hit a few weeks back and they have decided to total her 10 year old ford. We are looking at a used honda for her. Good price and low miles.

I love my office dotti, the room is much bigger all set up and there is more than enough room for my multiple auctions and other stuff. What I can't figure out is where to put all the craft stuff. i will del with that all next week.

I need some sleep, i have had a lot of people in and out as we prepare to replace some old carpet and put fresh pain on the walls. it seems silly but i know we will have a lot of people here for older boy's bar mitzvah (spring 2007) and it will take that long to get the money to do everything I want to do! Dreaming big!

buzzer on the washer just went off so that must be the timer to get more stuff done!

have a good day chickies and good to see you all.
-L
Old 12-23-2004, 08:23 AM   #12  
Owned by Dixie

Morning!

off to NY and the traffic should be plentyful! Almost packed, showered and having breakfast as we speak...

I wish you all a very merry Christmas, joy and love and comfort with your family and friends...
-L
Old 12-23-2004, 08:52 AM   #13  
Hang In There

I'm just dropping by to wish everyone a wonderful holiday and a happy new year in 2005.

I miss all of you and if I could every even get close to the LC wagon, I'd hop on and post here again, but I can't seem to get that act together.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Old 12-24-2004, 07:54 AM   #14  

BARB! If you could see my menus you'd gasp in low carb horror! But I post anyway, figuring if I DIDN'T post, it would be worse! LOL!!! So, come by and visit, it's great to have lots of people around!

L, I guess you are down here by now in the crowds and traffic! It's awful, I'm so glad I'm done with everything except the at-home things. Wiping down the bathrooms, wrapping, and cooking.

We are going to my cousin's for an open house this afternoon, and then out to a local place for dinner, and home for cheesecake and champagne. Tomorrow quiet morning at home, afternoon and dinner at DS. It's cold enough to feel like winter, but not wet or snowy or anthing nasty. Last night we had a lot of wind and rain and actually lost power for a couple of hours. Long enough to get dinner delivered, and eat it by candlelight!

That's it for me-

Have a wonder-filled day, eve, and Christmas morn!

love, dottie
Old 12-24-2004, 11:43 AM   #15  

Oh my, champagne and cheesecake - that sounds sooo good!

I, too, have just home stuff to do today (a BUNCH) and am soo glad that I don't have to go out. Well, I will go out last afternoon/early evening to deliver christmas cookie plates to the neighbors/friends that have so kindly helped me this year with various household repairs that were beyond me.

Have a very merry, fun and family filled Christmas everyone!

Kel