View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 10:31 AM   #12

Hi everyone.
Welcome Mike! It is nice to have a guys point of view.
Christina Yes we do all have our bad days. Why just the other night I skipped dinner and had salsa and chips (baked but lots of them) and pretzels. That was my dinner. To lazy to make anything or get my butt off the couch to go out. So see we all do it. And like Cyn says, it didn't take a day to gain the weight (even though it seems like it to me, ) and so it will take us longer than a day to lose it and yes, break those habits we grew up with. I often wish there was a pill or potion we could take that would just melt away the pounds like magic! Boy what cookies, cake, chips and all that stuff and never be fat! But realisticly we can't and you would just wonder what side effects would be like. I sort of like having to work at it Really! Because it makes me feel like I am accomplishing something. I know it is all with God's help and a little help from my friends However I am making the choice to let it happen! All I can say is that I am ever greatful that you can't get fat by smelling wonderful food! I am telling you guys that the bakery at the hotel has been making my mouth water for the last two months!
Your poem was very cool! I hope you will share more of them.
Cyn Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my brother to heart failure when he was just 47! Almost 10 years ago now. He smoked and so did I. I quit about two years ago, Feb. for the second time. It's funny, though because once I made up my mind both times to quit it seemed easy. However unlike weight loss were you still have to eat to live, you just don't pick up another cigarette. I went into weight loss thinking I should be able to do this easy if I quit smoking so easy. Not realizing that well, I still have to eat. Just have to be careful! Have to do it! I wish your hubby lots of luck. Tell him....or maybe he knows....that just take it one day or one craving at a time and that the cravings may never go away, but once he is over the withdrawls he will never have to go through them again as long as he doesn't pick up another. My Sweetie was a three pack a day smoker (where ever did he find the time? ) And when he quit he was sooooo sick! He just kept thinking he would never pick up another cause he didn't want to have to go through that again.
Ok, I am done there.
So, I will get going now. I need to get some laundry done. Eat some breakfast and call my friend Kelly to see if she still wants me to come visit. We had lots of snow lastnight and going to her house can be treacherous, snowdrifts!
Lori, and Kae: Hope to hear from you two soon. I will try to get back on tonight. Or later this afternoon. Have a wonderful day!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13

Shawn's world