Old 12-22-2004, 08:01 AM   #1  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Default Let's try this again

Well, saw my therapist yesterday. We made our plans for dealing with depression and weight. He gave me a list of things to monator, and what he wants me to eat, with rules. He wants me to see my reg. doctor to get a good calorie count for me to follow. To begin, I will do 20 mins. of exercise a day and get medical permission to join a gym. I have many medical problems, he wants to make sure I can do what I will be paying for. Then I will increase to 1 hour/day for 3 to 5 days a week. I have to make a list of demon foods and then write what I will replace those demon foods with. I know what I have to do and what is right, it's just needing someone to watch over me. He said getting the depression under control will really help with the weight loss, I will feel more in control of my life. So, far so good today for breakfast. I woke with a headache which doesn't help matters. Well, off to get some housework done before the holidays. Everyone have a good day.
chipper15173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:38 AM   #2  

It sounds like you are off to a really great start! My sister suffers from fibromyalgia and depression and when she gets to the gym regularly and is eating well her depression is under control. One thing she has found that helped her depression was tanning! She asked the dr about it and they told her alot of people have the same result from it, exspecially during the winter months when the sunlight is limited. I hope you find what works for you quickly!
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:45 AM   #3  

Hey chipper- I know how you feel, I have 100 lbs. to go too(at least). It is really overwhelming but I am trying to take it one day at a time instead of thinking about all the weight I have to lose!!! I believe in you!!! Let me know if you would like to buddy up ! Heather
Heather O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 10:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Chipper your going to do great! Post often I find it really helps.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 10:18 AM   #5  
Want to see less of me

S/C/G: 260/255/185

I understand where you are coming from Chipper. I sink into a funk from time to time and think I am hopeless and will never accomplish what I've set out to do. Most of the time it gets the best of me .... but with the support of my husband it has been much better lately ....

I hope you can accomplish your goals!
Orangecupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 02:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Good luck, Chipper. And speaking from experience, exercise will help zap some of the depression. There's a feeling of accomplishment, not to mention the endorphins! Congrats on having a plan of attack!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 02:34 PM   #7  
Getting back on track!

Hello Chipper!
Well it all sounds good to me! Good Luck with everything and if you need anything we're all here for you!
I've just joined a gym and am love love loving it. So if you want to compare notes when you get going it would be fun.
Welcome to you Heather O also!!!!!!!!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:52 PM   #8  

Chipper, I to suffer from depression and have for about as long as I can remember. Exercise and good nutrition will make a world of difference. I did not realize how much it could help. I hope that you will also see a difference once you are exercising regularly. Welcome!!
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 07:24 AM   #9  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

First day went real well. Talked to my family doc and she said that with the calories I was eating she wants me to start with 2500 for one week and then drop 100 every week after that until I get to 2000. That is where she wants me to stay until I stop lossing the drop 100 again and keep repeating. She said she doesn't want me going below 1500 for now. Then we will look at all my medical conditions and go from there. I don't know but, somehow it feels different coming from your doctor. She said ok for the gym but slowly and watch my wrists. I might have to have surgary for capral tunnel symd.Right now I wear braces on them at night. Now, just have to talk to allergiest for the asthma that's is gettin worst with the cold weather. Thanks guys for your support and reading my woes.
chipper15173 is offline   Reply With Quote