Old 12-22-2004, 07:27 AM   #1  

Default Desperate Housewives #324 Wednesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 07:38 AM   #2  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Argh!! My DH's relatives keep sending us treats. Harry & David Moose Munch and the like. A bottle of malted-milk balls. I think I'm screwed!

Well, Sarah is sick for sure, hopefully she'll be over the worst of it by Saturday, or we'll infect all the relatives. Sorry to everyone else who's sick! Jill - I loved the snot story!

Here's my mommy success story for the day - I got Sarah to eat three bites of lasagne last night. She's my picky eater - it's a power struggle. But last night, I WON. And I'm gonna keep on winning, too, now that I know how.

Jill - Matthew had his 15 month shots on Monday - he does pretty well with them, but not as good as your DD!!

I think I'm going to do some yoga in a bit. When I can't get motivated to jump around, yoga seems to work. And maybe it'll relieve some of the holiday stress. I finished the last of my shopping yesterday at Tuesday Morning.

See everyone later!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 07:41 AM   #3  

Good Morning Everyone! How is everyone today? I feel pretty good. I'm ready for new challanges at the gym today. TOM is coming any day now, so I feel a bit bloated. Scale says I'm at 202.8. Which is a bit up, but I'm not worried. Yesterday it said 203.8, which was one of the reasons I busted my butt so much yesterday. Anyway, I want to see 199.8 or lower by Sunday! I am going to work my pituti off till then. I hope I can do it. Usually, when TOM comes I drop 3lbs. We'll see. I DID NOT do that extra 7 minutes. I KNOW I KNOW...7 lousy minutes, but I was pooped. Soup and salad day for me with my water challange and a good 1 hour at the gym should help.

What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

QOTD: Is there anything particular that you would like for xmas? Not including enjoying the holiday with your children and all. THat's a given. Top priority for me.

Answer: Well, I got my gift early. THat was the additional training sessions at the gym..

Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-22-2004, 07:44 AM   #4  

Tracy, sorry I missed your post.....DONT EAT THAT HARRY AND DAVID FOOD! Darn relatives. DO they have to send food gifts? Anyway, great job on getting ds to eat last night. I know it's hard sometimes. He'll get there! Go to it with the Yoga...
Old 12-22-2004, 07:51 AM   #5  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Ha, Mel! I'll tell you what I'd really like for Christmas - the perfect pair of pajamas. I'm on a mission. Have been for years. Pretty but not frilly, warm enough but not flannel. And I have to look good in them, as good as the model.

Chris - I checked the response at VF - folks recommended slower yoga routines (not Power or Ashtanga) and pilates. If you would PM me with your address, I'll send you a tape or two - I have a pilates tape that's beginner level and good, just don't use it that often. I might have a yoga tape you can have as well. That way you can test the idea without spending anything. Some people posted links to articles from Yoga Journal and the like. You might want to check those out.

Okay, got to go be productive!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:20 AM   #6  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Morning

Morning ladies. I slept terrible and got up with ALL three kids at once this morning. You'd think I would be in a bad mood and I keep telling myself I should be, but I'm not. I'm glad I'm not, I think it's because we're staying home today and it's COLD, COLD, COLD and rainy, sleety, snowy outside. I'll do some laundry, some cooking, some computer stuff and some napping. I'll take it easy.

How is everyone doing today? How did everyone sleep?

Tracy, glad you got dd to eat last night. How old is she? I have some picky ones, but my sis has some PICKY ones. I mean PICKY.

Mel, you are doing great. You WILL break that 100 mark by New Year's. That's a GREAT way to ring in the new year.

Chris, I haven't asked the doc how big he thinks the baby is. I keep forgetting. He hasn't offered either. I may wait until he does an "internal" check. I, myself, think this is my smallest one yet. But even 8.8 would be my smallest so who knows.

Okay, all the kids are up and dh is getting up and I'm sure they're going to be hollering for breakfast pretty soon, so I'll check in later. I'll be around all day.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:35 AM   #7  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning Ladies!

Well it's a frigid -12 (-31 w/c) this morning but hopefully we'll break the zero mark and get up to 2 or 3 today, tomorrow will be colder. The children are all home today so I don't have to take anyone shopping if I don't feel like it. I'm thinking of Martin, I really don't like taking babies out in the cold. But shopping I will do, cause I have to and I don't want to go any closer to Christmas when it gets more crowded.

Tracy- as to your nighty question, my mom sends me these things from Florida, they are really great. 100 % cotton lounge dresses. Long dress, short sleeved, t-shirt dresses. Very colorful, and stylish. She says everybody wears them in Florida around. But I like them for bed! During the summer I did wear them around the house just cause they are so comfy, DD asked me why I was wearing my nighty all day. Stay away from the Harry and David's! Some men should just be avoided.

Mel- Up early, huh? Hope your TOM won't be the bloat as usual, but the three pounds down sounds good afterward! That's why you ate the cake the other day! Curses! As for the QOTD: Hmmmm! That's a good one, I'm not even anticipating getting anything. DH and I don't exchange presents, all for the kiddies. I would like to have a small sum set away for the garden this year, so I could get all my stuff without the sticker shock. I spend about 100.00-200.00 every year. This is not generally for flowers, but trees and plants. This year asparagus and raspberries. I love my garden and try to make it better every year. Plus one of these years a garden fence would be great, we have way to many deer, rabbits, chickens and children tromping through.
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:42 AM   #8  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Crystal!
Glad you're in a good mood this morning! Yup, it's cold! Ya know I don't have any picky eaters. I think when they are very small they see how fast the food goes at the supper table, and if they don't eat, well someone will eat their share. So all of mine are kind of like "Hey, give me some of that!" Martin already want to eat, but he's only up to bananas, so far. You can't eat anything and hold him, forget it he wants it too! Thinks he's missing out!

~Roxy :snf:

Last edited by 1hot_tomato; 12-22-2004 at 08:45 AM.
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:45 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Okay, by rights, since I'm in Montana, I should be having worse weather than you Crystal...It's kind of cold but I think the high today is in the upper teens. Christmas day it's supposed to be even warmer. My gosh, I want some snow!!!!

Crystal-You don't look big enough to carry such large babies. My smallest one was Tiana, weighing in at 6 lb. 9 1/2 oz. Kayla was 7 lb. 14 oz. And Nicole was little Miss 8 lb. Well I hope its an easy delivery for you anyhow.

Tracey-I'll pm you my address. Those videos would be great to try. Thanks bunch. Sorry to hear you have a sicky. Nicole has really got a goopy nose and yucky eyes. Eye drops and rest I guess. My dh thinks she has a sinus infection. I don't know though. She always gets colds worse than everyone else. I'm just glad her breathing is doing okay. Usually its a ton of breathing treatments for her. Haven't had to do any so far. Hey, I have a very picky eater...What's your strategy? I could use help with that one.

Roxy-Morning! I don't get my kids all home til tomorrow. I have to work too, so I guess my sister can have them all for the day. She'll probably play the xbox with Tiana and the other 4 play really good together. (her 2 and my 2).

Mel-I'll pulling for you. I want to see you take that trip to ONEderland. One way ticket. YOu have to stay there... It would be just awesome to be there before Christmas. Way to go so far....

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:47 AM   #10  
I'm a homeschool mama

Roxy, mine don't start out picky, but they see their cousins and each other that won't eat this or that therefore they think it's not good.
Ally wouldn't eat a hamburger until she was well over two. No reason, just wouldn't. She still will NOT eat chicken or pork. Usually not red meat either. Sometimes she'll eat a steak but mostly the only meat she eats is sausage, bacon and wienies.
Alisa just looks at something and will determine if she wants it or not. Andrew isn't very picky, BUT he doesn't like the quick meals, he's a man at heart already, because he wants the big meals.
Okay, time for me to eat breakfast. TTYL
Old 12-22-2004, 09:50 AM   #11  
I'm a homeschool mama

Chris, well to tell you the truth, it's getting colder all day but the low tonight is still only in the 20's. But keep in mind we're in Texas so it's just COLD!!!
You can't see my hips in my picture, but God intended for me to have kids. Alisa was 8.12, Ally was 8.10 and Andrew was 8.14. I'm hoping anything less than 8.8 would be heaven.
Okay, kids are really getting to me, so I've got to go for now.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:08 AM   #12  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Ok Chatty, Chatty, Chatty this am aren't we????

Let me see if I can catch up already... Jilly Bean... You are gonna have forty posts before you wake up......lol

Crystal,
I'm glad you got your xmas shopping done and the appt. went well. Congrats on losing the pound that is great! How much did you gain with all of your other kiddos?

Chris,
Hi there! I just wanted to say how great you are doing on the challenge! You are doing awesome!

Mel,
Ok Girlie! I can hear the enthusiasm in your post.... I am rooting for you girlie! If anyone deserves it, it is you!

Roxy,
I am a follow gardener... I know whatcha mean about sticker shock... Sometimes is it cheaper to go buy it in the store!!!!!

Tracy,
Congrats to you on getting dd to eat! YAH! That is a mama accomplishment

Well I am gonna get my day started.. I am babysitting my nephew today (age 8) and we have a funeral to go to but I am not sure if I am gonna make it. Hubby might have to go on his own

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 10:12 AM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

psssssttt...

Crystal,

Change your next appt. Are you going to every two weeks yet?
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 10:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Tracy WTG!!! You are winning the battle with dd!! I wish mine would eat good lol!! They only want to eat when they want to eat and What they want to eat lol. Breakfast this morning for Teagan (1) was 4 bananas!!! Can you believe that, I think the only reason she wanted so many was because she just learned how to say banana, so she kept getting bananas and bringing them to me saying "nana nana" pretty cute lol. Oh yeah, remember, you have power over the treats!!

Penny I hope you have a wonderful day today!!! Thanks for the chit chat last night. Oh btw Taylor ended up back in my bed shortly after I went to bed last night, she woke me up so I came back to chat a little but you had gone to bed lol. Can't wait to hear what your massive gift is lol!!

Crystal, the time is getting close can't wait, I'm excited for you!!

Chris its pretty cold here girl!! We got 3 inches of snow yesterday and supposed to have more coming. Hope you have a great day!!!

Mel you are doing awesome, I know I say this everyday but everyday I'm so impressed by your diligence in going to the gym!! Keep it up!!!

Well today is the easy challenge day lol I should be able to get 100 oz of water down pretty easy!! I slacked while I was off work and didn't drink all my water, probably why I am back up again I just don't totally understand all this weight stuff lol.

oh yeah QOTD: ummmm, I asked for a piece of jewelry, I don't care what piece, but I want hubby to pick out a personal gift for me, he hasn't ever done that yet if you can believe it.

I need to go feed the kiddos. I'll be back later!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 10:36 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

omg I skipped Roxy lol!! Roxy I hope it warms up there a little!! I don't think its that cold here yet! Thank goodness!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote