South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 08:38 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday, December 21 - the shortest day!

Hey, we start moving towards more daylight today even if it is the official start of winter, Suits me!

It seems a bit warmer this morning which is good. I nearly died bringing in wood yesterday afternoon - it was bitter cold.

This morning I go to pack the Christmas baskets for the Village. If I hear anybody talk about "welfare bums", I'm going to deck her! A retired minister's wife is the offender - so much for compassion. I don't know why she bothers to come and help! Friend John will be working with me and probably beat me to the punch.

Hershey is still anaemic with very little improvement according to the vet. However, I did not have to face The Electric Chainsaw Massacre this morning so I think the spattering problem has stopped. We will see how she does over Christmas but will certainly get her spayed in the New Year. Both Girls are playing in the snow until they freeze their butts off and then it's into the house really quickly and curl up in front of the stove.

I have baked beans in the oven - made with Canadian bacon - and the house smells lovely. They will be for later in the week as I've planned a roast chicken tonight followed by a major oven cleaning! You never know who is going to look into your oven over Christmas!

This afternoon I will put lights, garlands and decorations on our Christmas tree. What a concept! Just two more tiny gifts to wrap and I'll be done. Then I start the party prep and goodie bags. Pray for me!

What's happening at your house?

:merry:
Old 12-21-2004, 08:59 AM   #2  
Trapped Skinny Person

Morning Ladies.

This isn't the most cheerful post - sorry.

I have been MIA. My mother lost her 2 yr battle with lung cancer on Wed.

Needless to say I have fallen off the wagon - **** I have forgotten were I even parked the damn thing!

With my 5 siblings and I (not all of whom like each other) getting together to sort things out - ordering chinese, eating donuts, KFC, and WAY too many baked goods at the wake - I am up about 3 lb, not as bad as it could be I know.

I have to get back on track because my body is rebeling - it really doesn't like that much sugar and fat. I am planning on behaving as much as possible over the holidays, and then starting back on Phase 1 in Jan.

I probably won't be around much until the new year - so I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Hananka and a Happy New Year.

I will be back - but when I am in a better mind set to heed all your wonderful advice.

Thanks

Ruth - I hope Hersh continues to improve and stay indoors! We did the graveside service yesterday in -33 Brrrr!

Kim
Old 12-21-2004, 09:28 AM   #3  

Stay warm, Ruth. We're supposed to have light snow tomorrow. I read recently that we have only had snow twice in Dallas on Christmas around 1927 and 1979 if I remember correctly.

Kim - I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I know how hard it is to lose your mom. Please come and unload on us even if you are not on plan. That's what friends are for.

Me- I'm doing okay. Finally got down to 151 but I'll wait and see if it stays down. I did get a good workout in and it felt great.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:44 AM   #4  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chickies!

Kim - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom! My prayers are with you. Barb is right - you come anytime whether your OP or not and check in with us.

Ruth - Hopefully Hershey has turned the corner. It is hard not to be anemic when your are bleeding all the time. Baked Beans - yum!

Barb - Snow in Dallas? I guess no one is safe When I was married we lived on a lake and I guess the ice fisherman are going to venture out today to drill a couple of holes and see if there is enough ice to fish. It was always fun to watch those nuts out there fishing. My idea of ice fishing was to put in a tip up and watch from the house with binoculars.

I worked out last night too! It just feels good with all the extra stress lately. I go for the first court hearing today at 1:30 pm for my divorce. I'm not sure if it will be final today or not. It is up to the judge. When you have kids they can order you into counseling before granting the divorce. My attorney believes that since we were in marriage counseling for 2 years prior to the divorce and I currently have DS in a program for kids going through divorce that it will be done quickly. It is never easy.

So far so good with staying OP! Have a great day - I'll check in later after court.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:49 AM   #5  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning everyone. Just checking in for a quick hello this morning.

Kim - So sorry to hear about your mom. Just take one day at a time and concentrate on healing - both your body and your spirit. Sending you hugs. Take care.

Ruth - Have fun packing the baskets. We didn't have time to do that this year since we were finishing the flooring in the bedroom and it is something that we love to do. We are going to go out a couple nights this week and deliver hampers, though. Do people look in your oven when they visit? In mine, they would probably find some dirty dishes, but if they are that inquisitive, they can clean them too.

Barb - Congrats on the weight loss. WTG especially before Christmas. Enjoy the snow...and if you want anymore, I'll be happy to send some. I'll avoid sending the yellow snow from the backyard, though.

anchor - Will be thinking of you today and hope that everything goes smoothly in court. Once that worry is over, it will be easier to relax and enjoy the Christmas season. Good luck...

Me - Not much with me, other than still cleaning up our reno mess and trying to get stuff finished for Christmas. Hopefully, the cleaning will be finished tonight and we can start to decorate tomorrow. However, I have to go to the hockey game tomorrow with one of our vendors, and the following night is a romantic dinner with DH. He's taking me to the faculty club at the university and their food is always sooooo good.

I can't believe the weight situation, either. I have tried to be fairly controlled with my eating, but I have snacked on sweets at some point everyday. BUT, the weight keeps coming off. I lost another half pound yesterday and didn't even get to the track. I will go to the track today to make sure that I don't gain any of the lost weight. I am now at a point where I don't want to be losing great amounts of weight, so I will need to be careful that I don't overdo the weightloss. I have left myself a few pounds that I can lose, but the plan was to lose them slowly now over 6 or seven month, not in one week. Oh well, I just may have to add more starch to the diet, that seems to slow the weight loss down.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Don't stress out too much this week, Christmas will come whether you are prepared, or not.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:23 PM   #6  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi Everyone!

I made it through court and I'm officially divorced. Funny I thought it would make me feel better but I just feel drained. Both emotionally and financially. I'm sure this feeling will soon pass. It is the right decision but that doesn't make it any easier. I'm going to get my grey hair colored brown and that usually makes me feel better. Good news is I don't feel like bingeing? sp? or drinking so that is good. I've learned to feel the feelings even if they are raw and not cover them up with food or cocktails because they just come back when food buzz wears off.

Hope you all are having a good day!
Old 12-21-2004, 03:33 PM   #7  
Conquering with SBD

Amy - It's good to hear that you made it through court today...and with the divorce final. Congrats. But, as you know, it wasn't the final answer to your emotional ups and downs. Take time to grieve what was, then celebrate your new life and move forward. And, as you said, don't grieve with food...find other ways. Take care and thinking of you.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:18 PM   #8  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Just a really quick check in today as I have been wrapping presents all morning now getting ready for work.

Sorry to hear that Hershey isn't much better Ruth.

Anchor, isn't it amazing how something that we know will be good for us in the end can be so tiring and demanding. It is just the nature of the process. So happy that you are not feeling like burying your feelings in food.

It is chilly here for us but nothing compared to some of you. In fact, we have sun shining today.

Everyone have a good day.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:56 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Kim, I'm so very sorry about your Mom. I'll be praying for you and your family. Barb is right... come here and lean on us anytime, sweetie.

Amy, sending you hugs, too, hon. A divorce is no picnic, and when you've got children, things are further complicated.

Ruth! "Welfare Bums"!?!?! My God... give her a piece of my mind, wouldja?

I've been eating like crazy... I'm so mad at myself, but I can't seem to stop.
I just woke up from a nap... maybe some coffee will get me through the evening without eating too much.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:07 PM   #10  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Thanks everyone! I'm so very grateful for everyones support. Just one year ago I would have bought a pint of Ben & Jerrys, had some chips and cheese deluxe and whatever else I could get my hands on. That is what makes this place very special. I just had roast chicken and a big salad for dinner. I was hoping to get some exercise in but it took waaaaaaay to long to cover the grey roots.

See ya tomorrow!
Old 12-22-2004, 01:23 AM   #11  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Kim, I am so sorry about your mom. That has to be very very hard, take care of yourself.
Closed Thread