South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 06:17 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday on The Beach - December 20

Quick start because it is freezing in here. I suspect the furnace got turned off instead of down last night! I'll need to crank up the heat and just hope the woodstove kept the kitchen and back room bearable. No complaints from The Girls so far.

Coffee, heat and Gail tidying are on the agenda this morning. I have our Christmas tree only half assembled. It'll feel good to have it decorated which is my goal for today.

Find a bit of time for YOU today, chickies.

:merry:
Old 12-20-2004, 06:23 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Ruth!
Hi, girls!

Ruth, it is SO cold out. -43C with the windchill. Don't go outside.
I've been up since 5, and I can hardly get my coffee down. I think I'll go back to bed for a while.
Have a good day, everyone!
Old 12-20-2004, 07:04 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

G-g-g-g-o-o-d-d-d-d morning, chhhicks~~

It's COLD! Wind chill of 4* here in Atlanta. Nothing like you Canadian chicks are experiencing, but way to cold for us chicks with thin skin down south.

Had our sock exchange yesterday and I must say, my socks were by far the most colorful! My sock buddy loved her socks! So, I'm very happy!

I have to run to the gym, so all you chicks keep warm and cozy and have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 12-20-2004, 08:05 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Holy smokes! I'm doing the pre-Gail scurry but popped in to tell you how cold it is in here! When I came home from the Open House yesterday afternoon, I tracked in snow on my boots. Just now I wondered what Lucy was eating - SNOW! I guess it's time to get the draft stopper along the bottom of that door! Yikes! And I need to go out for firewood soon.
Dear Santa:
Please bring me a winter's supply of Scotch and PC Firelogs so I never need to go out until Spring! I've been reasonably good.
Ruthie (who tries not to ***** about weather but....)

:merry:
Old 12-20-2004, 09:44 AM   #5  
i luv my dog!

I wish I was at the real beach. brrr. It's ffrrrosty here, too. There is a corner of the yard that doesn't get direct sun and it has had heavy frost for days and not melted. We got a snow flurry Sat. night but no accumulation.

I decided to try some new beans so I picked up a can of 'fagioli borlotti'. In german they're called quail beans and after a google search (I found a picture) came across the English name, cranberry or Roman beans or speckeld sugar beans. I haven't tried them yet but I'll let you know how they turn out when I do. I think they will be like pinto beans. Unfortunately they lose the pretty speckles when cooked.

Well, just checking in. gotta run. Have a good day all.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:05 AM   #6  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Good Morning All!

It's freezing here too! 7* with a windchill of -22* and of course I had to pump gas this am. Never fails. But at least it was sunny!

Yesterday went pretty well at the x-inlaws for their Christmas. My x-sister-in-law made comments but that was about it. I stayed OP and had shrimp and ham. I brought laughing cow wedges and ate that with the veggie tray. It was still very stressful and I'm glad it is done. I might just scream if I see another plate of fudge and cookies and goodies. It is so bad that I actually dreamed last night that I broke down and ate the gigantic gooey cinnamon buns that my DM has had on the kitchen shelf. I felt soo guilty in my dream for eating them. I was so relived to wake up and find that it was only a dream. I did that when I quit smoking too. I used to dream that I was smoking. Maybe it is my subconscious emptying out.

I purchased an expensive product to help relax the muscles in my face due to the TMJ and waiting for the bite splint. I have a constant headache across the top of my eyebrows. Which is causing a permanent scowl. Then after I purchased the expensive one I saw one at bath & body works for a fraction of the price. Always happens.

Stay warm chickies. Hey where is boston chick when we need a dose of beach weather reality?
Old 12-20-2004, 10:57 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Yup! Calling BERMUDA!
Old 12-20-2004, 11:51 AM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning. Sounds like everyone is having pretty cold weather. We have a storm blowing in and we did get some snow last night, but it isn't too bad yet. Maybe -10, but that isn't bad for this time of year. DH might get the skating rink in after all.

Ruth - Get that heat on, quick. You must be freezing with the temps getting so low. Hopefully the wood stove kept things from getting too cold, though. I don't envy you having to get firewood, though. Doesn't sound like much fun. Did you get the results back from Hersh? Hope she is doing better.

ellis - You are having terrible weather. We had -44 temps for a couple of weeks last winther and they were horrid. Is there any change in the temp forecasted?

Mamacita - A sock exchange sounds like a great idea. I will need to keep that in mind for the office. We are always looking for something different to do.

anchor - Congrats on getting through yesterday. You did a great job in staying OP through a stressful time. WTG. You can do through Christmas, too.

Me - It has been a hectic weekend. DH and I finished the hardwood flooring on Friday night...well just about finished. DH put the last row in on Saturday while I went grocery shopping. Then he spent the entire day washing walls, putting tools away and generally cleaning and loading the room. BUT, he lost the screws to hold the bed frame together. It was another night sleeping on the floor. He did find all the screws yesterday, so we were able to move back into the bedroom last night.

I spent the entire day Saturday doing my Christmas baking. I was really, really good, to. Just sampled a few edge pieces on the squares. DS was wondering why the edge pieces on the square pans were missing. Sooooo, I had to explain to him that you can't serve edge pieced. His reply...Not very cost efficient, is it? I think he is working just waaaayyy tooooo much.

I was sitting in the family room knitting on Saturday night (have some scarves that I want to make before Wed.), and DS came downstairs with a friend (but didn't see me sitting there). As he was inspecting the baking, I overheard the conversation about, these are my favourites. Go ahead and have one, mom will never miss it. So, as they were stuffing their faces, I asked them if they were getting into the baking...

Yesterday was to church - DH and I had to do the advent reading yesterday, so couldn't skip out. Spent all afternoon still cleaning up the mess in the house and then had to go to a Christmas concert last night. Would have skipped out on that, too, but we were singing at it. We thought we would leave early and get home again, but we ended up sitting on the stage for the entire thing. Consequently, we didn't get home until after 11:00 and we are both bagged this morning.

I thought I might skip out of work this afternoon for a while, but we will see, I guess. I have a few things left to buy, but thought I would leave until I am finished work on Wed. I am so thankful that we get the extra days before Christmas. I always seems to be running behind schedule.

I also wasn't very careful with eating on the weekend...ate right most of the time, but did sample some sweets. Yes, I did control myself and was surprised that the scale was down 2 pounds this morning. WOOHOO!

Well, gotta go. Time to get some work done here.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:08 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Love the story about your DS, Peggy.

Yes, it's an entire 10 degrees warmer now! -34C. The cars all started okay.
My Mom has bronchitis, and I just got back from dropping some groceries off for her. She's fed up of being inside, but it's perfect "sick weather".

I'm back on track with my eating today! Had a minor mishap last night with a box of chocolates originally destined for DH's co-workers.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:56 PM   #10  
Delicate Flower

Hi Everyone,
It's sunny and 64o here. I would enjoy it more if I wasn't sick with a stomach bug. I hope everyone is doing great!

Teri
Old 12-20-2004, 04:50 PM   #11  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Chicks! I am at my Mom's in Tn. Lastnight I stayed at my sisters and her dialup kept kickin me off so I never got to check in! Thanks for missin me Anchor! teehee! Today well I think I am on north Beach until I head South in the morning! hahaha No time to post to all. I Have my 2 lil darlin nieces here! OY! Can you say HANDFULL! haha Looks like y'all are all hangin in there. I know I am barely! haha Ok I gotta jet! Have a great evening all!
Old 12-20-2004, 07:58 PM   #12  

Wow I can't beieve how cold it is where most of you are... we have really been abttling the heat here. Yesterday was 35C..phew so hot! Today is much nicer at 27C.

Well the last rush before Christmas is on... how are you all going with your preparations?
Old 12-20-2004, 10:36 PM   #13  
Faith in me

I'm soooooooooo HAPPY...Yes I'm weird...but we got snow last night and I went out and played in it! We don't get snow that often...and when we do we like to enjoy it.......although...on my way home from work today.....my heater in my car died on me and I froze all the way home that my hands ached...hardly anyone came into work today because our parking lot was ice...we actually had customers call us on their cells and ask us to ring up what they want and bring it to their car...........talk about customer service! lol Well I hope everyone is nice and warm in their homes and are doing alright....Christmas is just days away!
Closed Thread