Old 12-18-2004, 07:43 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekend Chat - December 18th and 19th

Good Morning LC Ladies

<--- Love that guy

I've been up since 5 am, A headache woke me up, you know the kind that starts from the neck b/c your sleeping funny, so I got up, took tylenol, made coffee, talked with DH and told him his gift won't be here in time for xmas, he said mine wont either, so we both had a hardy chuckle this morning. Main thing is that DD has her stuff and that alone makes the both of us happy. Even the dog has a gift

Yesterday I got my hair touched up, now mind you, I have DARK hair, I had it highlighted a year ago. I went to a new place where my nephew works and they guy who was supposed to touch up my roots made me TOTALLY BLOND!!!! I don't like it but its okay, I'll let it grow out and then go back to my natural brown color. Its way to blond for me. I was telling LindaT that this place is in a RICH town, I mean loaded. They charge for a haircut and blow dry $80.00....gulp. Get this.... you should have seen the KIDS!!!!!!!!!! getting their hair cut. Is it me or what ???? I won't pay no more than $15.00 for a kid, yet $80 So a highlighting job is over $200.00....BIG GULP!!!!... since it was my nephews friend, he only charged me $50.00 for the color and a cut... The furs and diamond in that place was way to much for this simple country bunkin LOLOLOL. AND he cut it a little to short in the back... ka sa rah sa rah

Sooooooo whats everyone doing this fine Saturday ?

:merry: .......... :snf: .......... :merry:
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:35 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Oh I've GOT to see this. Tell DH I want a picture of it!!! lol. I've been tempted to color my hair but not sure what I want color I want it. Nothing too drastic but maybe a hint more of red To go w/my temper you know. Hope you have a great weekend!!

WOOHOO!!! I'm almost to the weight I was BEFORE Thanksgiving Now just have to survive the weekend! And then I have next week to get on track and then muddle through the 2 days of Christmas as best I can (I know, I'll end up blowing it) and then New Years Eve and then it's FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!! I want to get at my goal weight by at least April. Doable? Not sure. I plan on asking DH for a step (or whatever you call that thing) w/an exercise video to go with it. Part of my New Years resolution is to exercise more. Not much going on this weekend. Visiting my parents today and DH's Grandma tomorrow. Not much time left for cleaning (I should ask for a maid! lol)
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 08:20 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

I just realised. If I stay OP during most of the time and only screw up on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, And New Years Eve I should be almost ok by the time New Years Day rolls around. Not sure if I can give up soda again.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:21 AM   #4  
Mom, Queen of Everything

I'm still having trouble getting back on plan. The holidays are so close and the goodies are laying all around work, home, neighbors homes, etc. Now, yesterday my resolve was so strong and I started to wonder......is it better to wait until after Christmas and have an extra 5 pounds or more to take off or should I just bite the bullet now? it was this time last year (12/27) when I began...having gotten so upset with myself for gaining so much weight over the holidays. I'm thinking that this year I would much rather forego the holiday treats and start early....maybe be able to sit down without the rolls of fat around my middle pushing up my chest! LOL!

Hope everyone out there is enjoying the their weekends.

P
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 08:23 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Hi Paula!! I think unless you have the willpower of a drill sargeant then everyone has a hard time staying OP during holidays. Do the best you can and be proud of THAT. You can do this

Forgot to mention. I managed to stay OP yesterday except I ate an orange. My niece was selling fruit and I bought a 1/2 box of oranges and 1/2 box of apples. The oranges are SOOOO good. So I allowed myself one. Might allow myself to have one a day until they're gone. By that time it should be 1/2/05
Old 12-19-2004, 08:35 AM   #6  

Hiya ladies! Just a quick fly by. Getting ready to go out for breakfast with DH. Hope everyone has had a great weekend so far. Been busy around here. Went shopping yesterday and then to my brother's last night for our family get together. Today it's a birthday party for my twin neice/nephew who just turned 1 year old. Need to also start some baking today as I haven't started any yet. Well, just thought I would say hello to everyone! Hope you all have a great day. I'll check back in later today. DH has to work today where he can be off Christmas Eve.

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:36 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Paula, try to get all the goodies out of your house. I said the same thing to DH... Shoot I'm gonna go back to work 10 lbs heavier.. so thats when I decided to NOT bake unless I'm giving it to some one right away and I'm not having any temptations in the house that I know is going to do me under. I'm not watching my food, well yes I am, kinda. I'm snacking on low fat popcorn and fruit instead of brownies and cookies. I'm also keeping raw veggies and low fat dip in the house for when I wanna snarl !!!
Its hard especially when everyone wants donuts for breakfast but I can't stand the though of gaining MORE weight. Hugs to you lady, i know its hard but with a few minor changes in your cupboard you can survive this season with little damage. Just try, really try. Also at night when I'm wanting to raid the frid, I make a HOT cup a tea with a teaspoon of real sugar (YES real sugar), its gotta be better than a candy bar

Brenda lady, I think thats the best thing to do when temptation hits, oranges are full of vitamins and are good for you, no the aren't atkins friendly but in order to survive the holidays its 100000000x better than brownies. GOOD FOR YOU !!!!! You know something, I think in 2005, WE are all going to make our dreams come true. I can just feel it.

Lisa sweetie pie, how are you feeling ? I know in my last month all I wanted to do was eat and sit (and clean, isnt' that sick, must be the nesting instincts or something lol). I read about your 2nd baby shower and how much stuff you got, thats TERIFFIC, your really going to need it. I hope you'll post a picture of the little one once she's here, we'd love to meet her.

Well today is more cleaning and playing with DD. So I'll chat w/you all later

HUGS !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote