Old 12-16-2004, 10:41 AM   #16  
Conquering with SBD

CJ - WOW, hair looks great. Must be a big change from what you had before. I used to have long hair and spent hours looking after it. I finally had it cut and it has taken the work out of the hairdo. I call it the 30 second style. I have really curly hair (consequently most of the long hair work was in trying to keep it straight), so I wash it and muss it a bit and it's good to go. A couple of weeks ago we woke up in the morning with no water, so went to work with bedhead and no shower...later that day, I had a meeting and someone mentioned that they really liked my new hairdo I am contemplating working a little longer on that do every morning...

Thanks for the info about the scarves. I think I will be in a position that I can start to work on them come Sunday, so will need to stock up on supplies for that and get me behind moving here. What colors did you do? Which ones do you think turned out the nicest?

The ring is gorgeous. I love that kind of stuff, but have an allergy to metal. I think that DH is planning to buy jewllery for Christmas this year, though. He has been dropping hints and trying to get some info from me, so I think that may be the plan. I am soooo finicky with it, but try to wear some special pieces now and again. I have so much that I really like but can't wear very often because of the allergy.

Well, gotta run here. Time to get some work done this week. It is getting late in the week to redeem myself...

Shaun - So sorry to hear about your friend. What a schmuck to walk out right before Christmas. Be a support, but don't get so stressed that you lose sight of your own weight loss goals. This is a hard enough time of year to stay OP without adding more to your plate (no pun here).
sweet tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 09:34 AM   #17  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone - where did you all go? Probably busy getting ready for Christmas?? Today I'm going to do a little baking of cookies ... not a lot, just enough to take downstate with us for the family - and enough to leave here for hubby. I have a couple more gifts to wrap cuz I couldn't resist buying some more for my great-grandson! Well, we did get another 3" of snow yesterday .. expecting blizzard conditions for tomorrow! I love it as long as I'm snuggled up inside our cozy cabin in front of the fire!

Peggy:
I used Bernat Boa for my scarves ... let's see, I made purples, pink/white, orange, mixed pastel, blue, turq, black, brown, tan, green, pink/tan, royal blue, lt blue, mixed reds, pink/purple, ..... I liked them all but I think I really liked the turq and the purple. I'm making one for ME now ... I bought a different yarn called Patons Cha Cha ... I'm knitting it on size 15 needles - 20 stitches, garter stitch (in bright red) ... it's really looking "furry" .. I think I'm gonna love it. That's my treat for me - I think I deserve it. lol ... Let me know how your scarf is doing - have you started it yet?

Well, hope all is well with everyone and hope to hear from you soon. I'll stop in later to see if anyone has posted. Come on girls - it gets lonely in here when no one posts ...

Later...
Love, CJ
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote