View Poll Results: What is the one thing you want to wear most (at or near goal)?
Leather or Pleather pants 2 8.70%
mini or micro mini skirt 0 0%
jeans 3 13.04%
tank tops/boob tubes 4 17.39%
Bikini 10 43.48%
Other (please explain) 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 10:02 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Monday Mornin'!!!

Hi Girls! Doesn't look like there is a post yet, so its my turn...gotta think of a poll!!

I hope you all had good weekends, mine was pretty good! I took my neice to the park with b/f, went on a pedal boat, the little train that goes around the park, fed the ducks and she and b/f played in the balls (you know, those kiddie balls). We got it all on camera.

Okay, so you know how I was like, oh, I look thinner than I thought in the video. well, on Saturday I wore shorts and b/f caught me from behind (many times) and I was so sickened. I cried. B/f was good about it and stuff, but I felt so horrid, I didn't know I looked that obese from behind.

I can't get it out of my head now!!! Help???

Other than that, it was a great weekend....I hate when weight ruins the weekend.

well, must go....

Work....yuck!!

Write soon (where is everybody??)

Last edited by Belle2000; 06-25-2001 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-25-2001, 10:21 AM   #2  

Default Work is boring!

This is getting ridiculous. There hasn't been any work to do in a while buit I have to come and sit here 2 days a week in case there is. I feel like I can't tell my boss either so that is hard.

I had the greatest weekend! One of my good friends from college (sorority sister) got married this weekend. The whole thing was fun, rehearsal diiner, lunch with the bridal party, reception and seeing friends. I get to see some of the same friends at another wedding next weekend too! I ate ike there was no tomorrow though Literally, we ate the whole car ride up, which took onger than expected. Then we ate candy and food at the rehearsal dinner (so good) plus 2 glasses of wine and dessert. I had real chicken salad for lunch for the wedding party and then ate at the reception plus drank at least 4 glasses of wine. DH and I did work out in the hotel gym in the morning plus we danced the whole reception. The DJ was great and lots of people danced so it was really fun. Yesterday we went to a diner for lunch/bkfast and I got a tuna melt - real mayo and cheese, fries and a cookie. Bad me I am eating very low points the rest of the week to make up for how terrible I was. I do not want to gain eventhough I am on maintenance.

I went to WI on thurs night and got my goal star for making goal weight. The leader made me feel so good! she told me how skinny I look and that I have lots of muscle. (I found new ones in my back now!) Plus, I lost 1 pound on my 1st week of mainteneance which put me at my lowest weight ever - 159!!! I was so excited. So then why did I go way crazy on food thi weekend?!?!?!

Ok, enough about me. Belle - Cheer up!!! Not to worry, very few people look good from the back. I am sure that it isn't as bad as you think and that you look wonderful. That is great about the size 16s. Don't let the camera get you down and keep up the good work!!!

See you all later!

Sarah
Old 06-25-2001, 10:44 AM   #3  
Shopper Extraordinaire

OK I just lost my reply. I guess I have to start over. I was a bad WW'er this past wk. I got on the scale this AM and it said I have gained 5 pds. This cannot be correct. I was bad but come on. Oh well regardless. I am back to journaling and being good right now. I cannot believe this. I have been out of control with my eating since Wed eve. I have to get back on track. UHHH this never ends. Oh well I have aerobics tongiht so hopefully I will burn off some of these unsightly pds. All 5 of them I refuse to change my sig. however if I weight myself later in the wk and it is still there I will. I guess I am in shock and hoping it is "Food weight" I did have pizza all wknd. and my leader has told people before that when you eat cheezy things the food weight stays withyou and isn't a real gain. Well we will see.

Other than pigging out I had a good wknd. I hung out with friends all wknd and had a wedding shower to go to. I got to see a lot of old friend there so that was cool. Other than that nothing exciting.

Belle-I don't know if you are sick of hearing this (who am I kidding) BUT you are beautiful. I wouldn't worry to much about the view fr. my backside. You are working on that! WHat more can you do. I know it is hard but attempt to embrace your flaws. I used to hate my big calves and some guy told me they were sexy and muscular. I couldn't beleive it, this gave me a new appreciation for some of my features that I see as gross. Also a lot of people find a large backside sexy. Look at JEnnifer Lopez and the attention her behind gets her. OK hope that little pep talk helped a bit.

Sarah- Congrats on being your lowest wt ever! WOOHOOO! It sound like you are doing wonderfully. Yah I know it is hard to figure out why, when we do so well do we sabotage it and pig out. I wish I understood it. OH well sound like a fun wknd.

Well ladies wish me luck. I need to get back on track today!
Becky
Old 06-25-2001, 10:45 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

belle - don't worry about the camera. i looked at my rear view in the changing rooms the other day (when i was trying on bikinis) and i swear to god i looked like a "before" picture for a liposuction advert (do you guys get those in the back of magazines?). even when we get to goal we still don't "see ourselves as others see us". and when we start comparing natural, real bodies to the airbrushed anorexics in magazines...well, we're always going to feel we look worse. but truth be told, we don't. not in the eyes of those who matter. if you feel good about your body others will think it looks good. think how well you've done to get so far, and think about all those unflattering celebrity pictures that crop up now and again. if you want to see something hideous there was a picture of jerry hall in a swimsuit in the sea on the front page of the daily mail on sunday (british paper). if i can find it i'll post it here.
sarah - that sounds like a fab weekend! sorry to hear work isn't so good. hoorah on being UNDER goal! don't disappear on us now...
oh, lolly and i had a fabulous day at the health club. my new bikini survived a couple of lengths of the pool and stenous sitting in the jacuzzi/sauna sessions! and yesterday we ran our 5k race in blistering heat! it was tough but we ran the whole thing! and i got a bit burnt (cos the sun tan lotion sweated off me!).

got to go do some work, hello to everyone about to post. ooh, and great story kim!
kirsty
Old 06-25-2001, 10:49 AM   #5  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Oh on the poll I voted Bikini!!! I cannot wait. I also would have checked tank top if I could have voted for both. I wear them now but I feel fat and self conscious b/c of my arms See Belle I guess we all have our "issues". Maybe someday we can all truly accept ourselves. Who knows.

WHERE IS EVERYBODY!!! COME OUT AND PLAY!!!!! HOW WERE THE WKNDS ETC?
Old 06-25-2001, 11:00 AM   #6  
Scotland's finest export

Default i voted jeans

jeans are the most unflattering thing to women. i still can't find a pair to fit me properly even though i'm at goal. they are either too snug on hips/thighs or way too loose at the waist. and cos i'm tall i need extra leg length! ah well. one day i'll find 'em. i'm just grateful that my thighs no longer rub together and i can wear skirts without tights (panty hose) or cycling shorts underneath!
hi becky, we must have posted at the same time!
Old 06-25-2001, 11:46 AM   #7  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default I dream of a bikini

Belle: Don't fret! Especially over photos/video. That's not true reflection of who you are or what you look like. Everyone knows the camera adds 10 pounds anyway! Seriously, I felt the same when I got photos back from my trip to Jamaica last year. I was horrified at how I looked. When I put a scrapbook together, I cut around the photos of myself to take off some flab. Like one of me snorkeling became just my head and shoulders! I know I look heavier in photos — I always have, even when I was thin. Such is life.

Sarah: Sounds like you had a great weekend! What sorority were you in? I was in Phi Mu at the Univ. of New Hampshire. I'm thinking about starting an alumnae chapter in Southwest Virginia, since the closest one is in Richmond.

Becky: I hear you! For all my vowing to be good, I was bad this weekend. Really bad. Friday night I did do OK — I went to a party and only had one beer, then drank water and danced for a while. Saturday I had a steak dinner after I had had a meatball and cheese sub for lunch. Then Sunday. Ugh. I actually felt sick by the end of the day. I ate three-quarters of a bag of Lays potato chips. My b/f bought them and I couldn't resist! I ate the other half of the meatball sub. I ate cheese. I ate fried clams and hushpuppies from Long John Silvers. Then I had two glasses of wine (while watching Russell Crowe in Proof of Life. Mmmm, Russell.) ! I felt horrible. I got on the scale this morning and I was the same, but I just know a pound or two is waiting to pop up. Sigh.

But I am determined again today! Yes! I already have chicken thawing in the fridge so I can have a healthy dinner.

Thanks to everyone who read my story! Now, I need to go find something to write about. It's been slow, slow, SLOW on the police beat lately. That means I have to think and not just respond. Sometimes, you just don't want to think. I'll be back later!
Old 06-25-2001, 11:51 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Default Tank Tops

I voted Tank Tops b/c I hate my arms. But that goes for swimsuits as well...

Thanks for the encouraging words Sarah Kirsty and Becky. I think I'll avoid the camera for awhile (at least forbid b/f from back shots) and not focus on it. I'll focus on those 16 pants!

I always get choked when I hear things like this...there is a girl in the coffee room who was like - I lost 6 lbs and it took me months, but I am finally not fat anymore...I was thinking dear god?!! I lost, what, like 45 and I am still v. overweight...that was brutal. I know its all relative, and for her, maybe that was "fat" being 6 lbs overweight...but I was still choked! She is V. skinny btw, like almost too thin.

Thanks for letting me whine and gripe today!!

Kirsty - when do you start your new job? Congrats on the 5K!! I can't wait to get to that point. Think I'll have to work a bit more....

Lolly - how were your allergies during the race?

Sarah - congrats on your loss!! You sound really happy, its nice to hear!

Becky - I doubt you gained 5. Its probably water retention from sodium and stuff. I get that way after I go off program too. Why do we do that sabotage thing? Is it false confidence or fear?? Or just being a slacker?? Hmmm....

Must go!

Hi to everyone.
Old 06-25-2001, 12:03 PM   #9  

Wink

Good morning ladies!

I voted for bikini, but would love to look really good in all of those things, leather pants would be fun....DH would love that!!

Belle ~ Head up, girl! Think of how your behind looked before you started WW, your getting there!!

Kim ~ Good luck finding a story, find a positive one...I am so tired of all of the terrible stories in the news now, an uplifting one would be very refreshing!!

Kirsty ~ I know what you mean about jeans, there are very few that I try on I really like. I do love "Lucky" jeans, very flattering, and long! I am 5' 7" and I wear the regular length, they have long length too. Way to go on your race!!!

Becky ~ Don't worry about the poundage. It will melt off this week, and I am sure you did not gain 5 pounds just over the weekend, don't sweat it!!

Sarah ~ Your weekend sounds wonderful, I love going to weddings, it gives me an excuse to dress up. Start your eating over this week, everyone has bad weekends.

Hi to everyone that I missed or hasn't posted yet!

As for me, I have been MIA since last Wednesday. My DS has had pink eye, so I have been home with him, it was nice to be off of work, and the weather has been beautiful here. Sunday, DH and I went 4-wheeling, I just got my own 4-wheeler a few weeks ago, so we rode all day, a good workout, tensing your thighs and your biceps!

DH is working lots of overtime this week again, so the kids and I won't see much of him. Hoping to take the kids to the pool and such this week, and trying to think of low-fat, non-stove related dinner items too, it is almost 90 degrees here, and very humid, so I don't want to spend any time in the kitchen after work. I am thinking about BLT's and corn on the cob for supper, that will be easy, and not too fattening.

Well, better look productive, really don't feel too ambitious today, I think I am still on "vacation mode"!

Post later....
Old 06-25-2001, 12:10 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

What's 4 wheeling??

I get my first vaction since May 1999 in 2 weeks!! July 9-11 off work. Not a whole week though, but nonetheless. then Aug 7-10 off work, the 6th is a Canadaian holiday so I get a whole 10 days in a row. B/f and I are going camping.
Old 06-25-2001, 12:11 PM   #11  
Parrothead

Default Ahhh Sabotage!

I think I sabotaged myself this weekend also. We went to my hometown to visit friends and I ate the entire weekend. I did OK with the food, but the beer and margaritas killed me. I think I had 16 points in alcohol on saturday. And to top that off I ate a potato breakfast taco for breakfast. I guess its salads for lunch.

On a good note, I got to see my best friends baby again this weekend! She is soooo cute and she has changed a lot in just a week. I was amazed. Her face isn't as chubby as it was last week and she is starting to look around. So fun! We also me up with some of my DH college buddies. I think seeing them is making him realize how many friends we have in Houston. We love living in Austin, but we miss our friends so much. We'll decide in a year once our new lease runs out.

Belle~don't worry about the gals that feel fat when they aren't. I see a lot of them here. You are developing life long eating patterns and exercise that will keep you in shape when their size 0 pants no longer fit.

Sarah ~ It is wedding season. We have a ton of weddings to go to this year and I am kinda worried about the food and wine. The one we're going to in August is having an open bar. ouch!

Kim ~ I was in a sorority also. A girl in my pledge class has started a newsletter that she e-mails out to keep us all up to date. With your writing skills it would be a good start. I want to get more involved myself becasue I miss those times. I was an Alpha Delta Pi (another strong southern sorority like Phi Mu ).

Well I'm back to the grind! Hi to all out there!
Kay
Old 06-25-2001, 12:13 PM   #12  
Parrothead

Default P.S.

I picked Leather pants on the poll. I've always thought they we're sexy. I want them in a size 6 or 8 though
Old 06-25-2001, 12:17 PM   #13  

Angry

Belle ~

4-wheeling, is another name for ATV (all terrain vehicles). See link below!

http://www.polarisindustries.com/pro...ntid=00atvsprt
Old 06-25-2001, 12:23 PM   #14  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI everyone. I was SUPER busy this morning. The receptionist started today. She is very pleasant, so hope that is a good sign!!!

My hubbys g-ma is hanging in there. We rushed over on Friday with Emma (she had never seen her) and she was in OK spirits. She flighted for life to a larger hospital on Saturday, that is where it is at now. IF this larger hospital can't get the fluid off her lungs, she will not live much longer. To top it off... There are 10 kids... they are all fighting about it. 3 (one is hubbys mom) wanted her flighted to the larger hospital... 7 others didn't. So it is one HUGE battle and no one ever gets along in that family. Makes it hard on his g-ma!

I had WI on Sat. and stayed the same. I'll take it since I lost a lot last week.

Sorry this is so short, but I gotta get back to work. More later!
Old 06-25-2001, 01:06 PM   #15  

Angry

Belle ~

4-wheeling, is another name for ATV (all terrain vehicles). See link below!

http://www.polarisindustries.com/pro...ntid=00atvsprt
Closed Thread