General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-15-2004, 09:34 PM   #1  

Question somebody please???

hi there im kind of new here and i have a quest. i need to lose 150lbs im not sure where to post this but anyways, i just hired a personal trainer i have to work w/ her twice a week and the other 2or3 days i work out on my own at the gym for an hour, i have never been active so my first workout w/ her was deadly i mean i think shes trying to kill me lol my question is will i lose weight just working out, do i have to change my eating also, i am a binger and carb aholic im trying to get through one thing at a time i figur once i get use to exercising and making it a part of my life i will work on food, if anyone can help w/ this thank u, and how do u all do it? get through the binges its like im upsest w/ food.
sweetstpeapod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello and welcome!

You need to make a permanent lifestyle change...so it is best to take baby steps. Work with your personal trainer...and get into the habit of regular exercise FIRST.

The next thing that you may want to consider is joining Overeaters Anonymous. There are usually groups in just about every area that meet once a week. It may really help with your attitudes towards food. I am an emotional overeater/binge eater as well-and it has taken a very long time for me to get away from hurting behavior towards myself. That is just how I see it now.

If you would like-come join us at the Doin' It The Old Fashioned Way thread...we work on better eating choices and exercise as a way of losing weight.

You will need to change your eating habits as well to lose weight-but at your level (of weight that you need to lose) we can start you out slowly with some eating guidelines. I am more than willing to help you with a plan to change your diet a little at a time to get you on the path of healthy weight loss. Come join us.

Congratulations on the decision to improve your life. If you are interested in finding a local chapter of Overeaters Anonymous as well, pm me and I will direct you to the information. If you just want support and some guidelines on how to start changing your eating habits and views towards food-I'll see you over at DITOFW.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:36 AM   #3  

aphil, thank u for writing in, i would luv to join the club, i need support, i hear ya im a huge emotional eater and i joined tops club b 4 is that like over eaters a, do i really have to work out his extreme to lose weight? wont walkinging brisk do the trick, i tend to come on the computer in the evenings around 7 or 8, i will drop in do'n it the old fashiion way this evening,thank so much ,connie
sweetstpeapod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 01:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Connie,

I don't know exactly what your personal trainer is having you do when you go visit her...so I can't tell you if she is going too extreme or not...

I do think that since you are very overweight that some things may be very difficult for you to do for a while-but they will continue to get easier as your weight goes down.

Your personal trainer is only doing what she is paid to do...so you can't fault her for that. If you find that you are uncomfortable and are experiencing PAIN (more than soreness/tiredness of muscles) during your workouts with her...then maybe you do need to switch to a more gentle workout for a while. You can give me more insight by giving me a rundown of what you are doing with her.

TOPS is a good support group if you have one in your area...it is very hard for people with emotional eating disorders. I really do understand.

I hope to see you over at our little group...and I will get some more information from you there. You came here for a reason...I hope that we can help you in improving your life.

Hugs,
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote