South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 06:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Chat - December 16

Good morning, Chickies!

It's going to go up to the freezing point today so the cold won't be as bad as yesterday. Bringing in the firewood was torture and my toes stayed numb for hours afterwards. I guess my new winter boots aren't so great!

Today Jane comes for my five hours respite. I will be going to town to bottle wine, pick up dog food supplies and probably some groceries as the cupboards are getting bare! There is still a ton of wrapping to get done but I'm moving more and more towards gift bags!

How's it going at your house? Join me and The Girls beside the woodstove and we'll listen to Christmas music and chat a bit.

Here's a pic of me and my new boyfriend who is sleeping. Slumping in a deep chair sure doesn't do much for my girlish figure!
Old 12-16-2004, 06:47 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Ruth, love the picture! Sitting by the woodstove sounds heavenly...

Yesterday I started the thread and it got snarfed up into cyberspace when I tried to post it. Didn't have time to post again, so I was MIA.

Not much going on here except that I've run out of my Topamax and I can REALLY tell the difference in how I feel. I'm back to the whole body aching, feeling like I'm catching the flu thing. Yuck! It's even affected my ability to exercise...had to drop back down to the beginning weights on some of the machines.

I go back to the doc's tomorrow. I sure hope he'll see fit to keep me on this stuff. It's like magic for me.

The weatherman is talking the "S Word" for Sunday. I hope he's wrong. This southern California born and bred Beach Chick can't drive on icy roads worth squat and I have my handspinners guild party to go to. So, keep toes crossed that Old Man Winter stays away for another few days.

Ok, time for me to fly on out of here.

Hope you all have a warm and cozy day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 12-16-2004, 07:57 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Good morning all!
Ruth... The pic is so cute! It almost puts me in the Christmas mood! haha Oh heat sounds so wonderful! My computer sits by the window so it can get very chilly. BURRRR
Mama... Glad to know what happened yesterday. I was wondering about ya.
Well nothing major happenin around here. I feel better today than yesterday. Not 100% yet but better. DS gets out of school early today so I have to pick him up. Does he not know he is cutting into my time! lol Maybe I'll go to Wal-Mart after I get him so he can help me with the groceries. If I feel up to it. Well I'm off to get more Java. Y'all chicks have a great day!
Old 12-16-2004, 09:21 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Morning, Chickies!

Ruth, the pic is wonderful...you both look so comfy and warm. The kids must have been enchanted with you! I know what you mean about the cold...my fingers felt frostbitten yesterday inside my gloves! It was about 20 F yesterday a.m. and today it was 19F. Brrrr! The woodfire sounds delicious!

mama, good to see you! Oh, I'm so annoyed when my posts get snapped up! I've taken to highlighting the whole post when I'm done, then copying it. That way, if it gets lost, I can just past it into a new post. Doesn't help when you're in a hurry, though! Here's hoping that you get Topamax but don't get snow!

Bamie, glad you're feeling better! Enjoy the early afternoon with your kiddo...I loved going grocery shopping with my mom when I was a kid!

Me: Still weighing in at 223.5. I really need to get over myself, but this is really frustrating me. I'm craving like mad, too, and I haven't had any sugar. I think it's just a stressful time of year and my coping skills haven't been developed enough to deal without food yet. Still, I'm resisting. I'm cutting out my fruit today to see if that helps. I have tons of veggies in the fridge to eat, so I'm not too worried. Tuna melt with broccoli for lunch today and Taco salad (sans chips) for dinner tonight.

Got most of my paper done yesterday. Need to finish up my second and format and bind the first one.

Have a great, warm day, ladies!
Old 12-16-2004, 09:36 AM   #5  

Morning, gals! I leave in an hour for my annual well woman/mammogram. I'm at the tail end of my TOM and I called to see if they needed me to postpone but they said it doesn't cause a problem with the new PAP smear they do. Oh, well, I need a new prescription for the Pill by tomorrow so I do need to go.

Ruth - the picture is so cute. I've never seen a Mrs Santa around here. But my little one doesn't believe in Santa anymore anyway. They grow up too fast!

Mama - I do the same thing Laurie does. If it is a long post, I copy it first before I submit. Hope the snow stays away. We are a little warmer here today which is good since we are supposed to get rain this morning.

Bamie - have fun at the store! I envy those of you who can go when it is less busy. My computer is the corner cube at work and I have windows on two sides. It stays two degrees colder than the guys who are in the next cubes. I've been drinking lots of hot tea this week to stay warm.

Laurie - Tuna Melt sounds yummy. I have leftover Hot and Sour Soup for lunch today. I never knew it was so easy to make. Tomorrow we are eating out at Spaghetti Warehouse with the Train Club. I'm not seeing much of anything acceptable on the menu on their website. I may end up with the soup and salad unless I can get one of their entrees without pasta.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:53 AM   #6  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

Ruth you look so festive in that outfit. I'll bet the kids just went nuts!

Bami - glad to hear that you are among the living today! I was worried when I read your post. It can take 30 days to adjust to a new anti depressant with the first week being the worst. Doesn't help if you have a cold too! DM is really sick and DF is sniffling. So far DS and I are holding healthy. Keep your fingers crossed.

Laurie - hang in there! You are doing the right thing by modifying what you eat. You'll get there!

Mama - The thought of people who were raised in So Cal driving on ice makes me giggle! Just remember to aim for the snow. Your tires will catch on the snow and you will straighten out. Even if you have to drive a little off the side of the road to hit the snow. It isn't winter in Michigan without a good spinout every year. The goal is to not go off the road and not hit anything. Good luck, I'll say an extra prayer for you!

Barb - I really dislike those check up days! Try and do something nice for yourself after it is all over.

I'm at work until 8 pm tonight! I should have brought gifts to wrap but I didn't. I managed to stay OP yesterday but I didn't have the energy to exercise. DS and I watched cartoons and snuggled. Have a great day!
Old 12-16-2004, 09:58 AM   #7  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Oh and PS to Artemis - I noticed that you dropped into the onederland - I know that you don't count pounds using metrics - but those of us that do are proud of you! YEAH! I must have missed it when you posted. Congrats and you are an inspiration!
Old 12-16-2004, 11:27 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Laurie - good job to you. I gave in this morning and instead of breakfast, had a SUGAR cookie. Ugh. I wish I had your willpower! I'd be much thinner

Ruth - sweet picture!

Mama - feel better

Bam - did you give your cold to Mama?

Barb - have fun with the boobie pincher thinking good thoughts for you!

Amy - sorry for the long hours. I was at work until 8P last night and it stunk. Aside from the holiday party thing -- at which I had NO pastry wrapped anythings. Just veggies, dip and chicken. YAY ME!

I am off to wrap gifts for some families my org adopted for the holidays. TTYL!

-Jenn
Old 12-16-2004, 12:22 PM   #9  

Jenn - When I went in for the mammogram, she took a look at me and said "I wonder why they brought in the larger films?". I had to tell her I had lost 60 pounds and gone from 42DDD to a 38C. I haven't been this size since I was 12 years old! She made a note on it so that the person reading the films and comparing to last year won't think something strange is going on.

My blood pressure was 112/70 and I have gone from weighing 212 at last year's appointment to 154 this year's.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:04 PM   #10  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Jenn - You are so funny! And so close to onederland! Hang in there!

Barb - Wow congrats on the smaller film This time it really is a compliment!
Old 12-16-2004, 02:39 PM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow, congrats to Barb and Artemis, and to Jenn for resisiting all pastry wrapped delights!
Old 12-16-2004, 02:48 PM   #12  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Barb, I bet your doctor is happy. I had my annual yesterday. Fun fun fun.

Ruth, your new boyfriend is a cutie.

Jenn, good job at your party last night, sorry you had to work so late.

Beachgal, you are such an inspiration to me. I have so much to lose and I look at your meter and it inspires me to continue on no matter how many times I end up crashing.

Mama, good luck on getting the meds you need. I am sure if you tell him how good you feel on the Topomax he will divvy up. We find in Oregon that Souther CA people don't know how to drive in the heavy rains either. Too much sunshine down there for you to practice bad weather driving.

Bamie, darn kids anyway. I wish we would get a Wal-Mart Super Center here. There is talk but so far....

As for me I will be wrapping presents, changing litter boxes, going to the grocery store, and doing laundry. Oh yeah, did I mention this is my day off I think I will try to sneak in some reading or napping. I had my annual exam yesterday and he fussed at me about my weight again. I know he is right that I have to do this for my health but but but...so anyway I will stick with Phase II and III foods until New Year's Day then off to Phase I for the entire two week period. At least on II and III I should not gain any weight.

Everybody stay warm and cozy today.
Closed Thread