Old 12-15-2004, 06:34 AM   #1  

Default Desperate Housewives #317 Wednesday SAHM

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 06:51 AM   #2  

Good morning Ladies!!!! How are you all on this fine morning? It's 630am here and I'm up already and moving around. I was so tired and cold last night. I could have slept forever! BUT !!! Of course, I had my usual nightly interruptions.

Todays plan for exercise: Be at the gym by 10 and get in 40 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of stomach crunches, squats and some other butt kickin exercise. It a slow exercise day for me on Wednesday. I should also get my test results back today, so we'll see. I'm sure it's perfectly normal and it's just my body being stubborned.

Good luck to all you BLC GIRLS! WATER WATER WATER today! I have to watch that one carefully.

Chris, I work out at the gym, so I manage to get in the exercise. I tried to do it home on monday and did, but it was constant interuptions ....MOM, MOM .....mommmm..... You know how it is. The gym's nursery is the greatest. HUGE! Patrick doesn't have a play mate, like Abigail always had, so this is a nice time for him. Lots of toys, kids and the girls who run it are wonderful. Only once they paged me and I had to go get him. Not bad in 11 weeks(tomorrow). You by the way are doing wonderful with you exercise. You are going to see big results! I know you are going to be hurting. I hope you are ok today with the RA.

Crystal, what's the deal with the truck....??? I missed that somewhere. HOpe you slept well last night. I know that stomach is makin it tough on top of Andrew not sleeping well.

Jill, did you get that extra 20 minute walk in? What did you mean about you and kristin doing the points for exercise? I think we should all bold the part where it tells the amount of time spent on exercise to make it easier for you to or whoever to spot. My abs are so sore from yesterday doing crunches on the stability ball. My trainer is always stepping it up a notch.

Hey Penny, hope you slept welll. Have a great day! NO sleeping late today girlie!!

Michelle, you have such BEAUTIFUL hair. I bet it weighs a lot too.....lol You really did look pretty. Hope you had a nice time!

Cindi, hope all is well on your end.

Roxy, Hey girl, how's it goin? BTW I saw your pics posted. Your children are all very beautiful/ handsome. Nice bunch! I can't even imagine taking care of so many. That would be a workout on it's own.

Kristin, what were you baking Mrs. Better Crocker? THanks for your nice words about the exercise. Hopefully, the weight follows soon. I know I've lost lots of inches, but ughh, the weight off would be nice. How's Syd doing? What does she want for xmas? Anything particular? Abigail asked for Carebear galore and 2 my little pony things. Have a good one.

OK, girls have a good one. I'll be checkin in later.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:43 AM   #3  

oh oh oh.......I am obsessed with that darn scale, but dh and I were suprised this am when I got on the scale and I broke the 204 mark. It said 203.2 I was sooooo excited. Now, lets hope it stays in the 203 or moves down more. It's not much but I'm desperate and will take it. Going out to lunch with my sil for her bday and a xmas party tomorrow night, so I hope I don't ruin it.! SALAD and soup! I've been eating snacks (good ones) and I think that's helping. Keeping the motabolism going. Maybe I wasn't eating enough. Rediculous if that's the case 1500-1800 cal I should be according to the compute. anyway, I had to report that. I am thrilled.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:46 AM   #4  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi ladies - can I jump right in? I'm not new to 3FC, but I'm looking for more encouragement and motivation, and I'm hoping you're it. Ya'll seem like a great group!

My name's Tracy, I'm a SAHM to Sarah, almost 4, and Matthew, 16 mos. I love kiddies but I think when I'm ready for another one I'll get a dog instead. (DH isn't that "hands-on", making it a lot of work for me.)

I'm not following a specific plan, just trying to eat less compulsively and get protein at each meal. I'm doing fine on the exercise - it's amazing to me that it's easier for me to DO something (exercise) than NOT do something (eat). Defies logic!

I'm off to Kohl's to return some kid shoes, and finish my shopping. Don't tell DH, but I'm wearing my new Christmas watch. It came two weeks ago, and he's left it on the counter all this time - I'm only human!!

Ya'll have a good day now, ya hear?
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 08:58 AM   #5  

Height: 5 foot

Hey everyone! Well so far I haven’t done anything. My daughter stayed up past 1 am… I woke up with my hair soaking wet.. Why?!? She’s going through the stage of sucking on things. At first it was towels and shirt… Now it’s graduating to my HAIR!! SHEESH! Then she woke up around 3 am and at 6... And she’s been up ever since! Oh and drinking a half a gallon of milk along the way. So this morning I had to stop in and get some more! Passing up all of those chocolate donuts on the way!! Boy am I craving sweets!!! But TOM is coming… I think tomorrow! AT least I hope it comes! LOL Well anyways I’m rambling, I’m about to go fix my breakfast. My daughter should take two naps today.. And maybe I can get my exercise done then.

Jeniqua- It’s hard.. But I try. I said I couldn’t do it with the kids.. I couldn’t do it.. And I ended up where I am today. So.. When I first joined this site.. A lot of chicks stressed that I needed to make time… make time for me. So unfortunately.. That is my time.. Exercising.. Not fun.. But oh well! LOL

Kristin- I actually HATE exercising! LOL So when I do.. I’m very grouchy. I get more along time when I’m exercising then trying to relax on the couch or do anything else!

Michelle- BEAUTIFUL PIC!! You go girl!

Mel- GREAT JOB on breaking your 204! I know you are excited! Keep up that amazing work!

Tracy!! Welcome! I’m Jaymi, SAHM to Jake 7 and Jariel 2. I know exactly what you mean about “dh” being hands on! I do all the work myself! Well I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say that you came to the right place for motivation! These are some awesome chicks!! By the way, what part of SC are you from?

Well anyone else I missed… Penny, Deana, Chris, Crystal, Ricci, Jill, Deana, Leigh, Cheri, Cindi, Geri, and everyone one else. Good luck and Be safe if any of you are out in this cold weather.. Or shopping! LOL STAY OP!! YAY! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 12-15-2004 at 09:01 AM.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 08:59 AM   #6  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

!!! Good Morning Ladies !!!

I know I never got back here yesterday but between dh and kids they had this thing tied up all day. I didn't go shopping yesterday or leave the house. I have been feeling cruddy, sinuses and my ear again so I just laid around and crocheted most of the day, oh and that 2 hour nap .

Stocking count: 12 down, 12 to go. I know I'll never get the other 13 done for preschool so maybe next year I can have enough done for all of their classes. I want to get new ones made for each family member too because we don't all have one to hang. The kids do but dh and I don't. But they will take more time because they will be so much bigger.

Chris: I AM APALLED that you would store your mom outside, cold or not!!! I was rolling in my chair laughing . That was almost too much this early!

Mel: You are doing awesome on getting to the gym. Maybe the scale will start moving soon. Have you talked to your trainer about it? I have heard at various times from various sources that you should only workout every other day to let your muscles rest. Not sure about details, that's just what I heard.

Roxy: Such a beautiful family. I would comment on how handsome the boys are but then I wouldn't feel I was acting my age but they are all beautiful children. Still want to see pics of you and dh too.

Kristin: Has Payless been working you to death or have you just been busy with Christmas and such? Hope things slow down for you soon.

Michelle: WOOHOO!!! You and Zhaun look great!

Well my keayboard is acting up and probably needs new batteries. Today dd has preschool, scouts after school then dh has to work. I need to get to Curves today but not sure my sinuses will let me breathe that long I also HAVE to make it to the post office today to mail my cards. I was such a couch potato yesterday . But I did stay on plan!

I'll check back later.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 09:06 AM   #7  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Tracy: Welcome. You have come to the right place for motivation. These ladies are GREAT! I'm Deana, sahm to Erik 16, Andrew 9 (Dec. 29th), Matthew 7 and Abby 5 (Jan. 8th). Post often so we can get to know you better.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 09:08 AM   #8  

Tracy, Welcome to Desperate housewives, which is formaly Stay at home moms. All these ladies do a wonderful job of encouragement. Stick with us and you will see. We are doing a Biggest loser Challange through our MSN site. It has already started, but maybe next time you could join in. Each day with have challanges that we have to do each day. We earn point for those plus additional exercise. At the end we see who has the most points. It's fun. Cool about the watch .... men don't usually notice things like that anyway. Enjoy it.!
Old 12-15-2004, 09:19 AM   #9  

Deana, great job on getting half the stockings done! The scale moved a bit thank god! Also, I do rest in between workouts. How that works is you work a different body part each day to give your muscles a full 48hours rest. That's not the case for cardio only weight training. We do Arms and abs on Tuesdays and Chest and legs on Thursdays. In between I do core. Core exercise are like sit ups, balance work, stretching. Things that lightly work the whole body. Technically it should be Monday Arms abs, Tuesday legs and chest, wednesday arms abs again, thursday legs chest. You get the idea. Thats what they mean by resting. I was so siqued this morning when the scale said 203.2 I can't wait till Sunday Morning! BLC weigh in day. I hope I don't mess it up between now and then with all the eating out.

Jaymi, Sorry you had such a terrible night sleep. Yuk on dd sucking you hair. You must have felt gross when you woke up. WHat kind of exercise are you doing today? I am heading out soon to do my cardio. I'm already downed 24oz of water. Lots more to go.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:59 AM   #10  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Tracey...
Welcome to the group. My name's Chris and I'm a stay at home mom of 3 girls. Tiana (11), Kayla (5), and Nicole (2). They keep me busy. I've been married to my second husband for 6 years now. I'm a Montanan, and have been all my life. I'm currently doing WW and trying to exercise more. I have rheumatoid arthritis which kind of hinders the exercise a bit. Oh well, that's the card I was dealt, now I have to deal with it. I'm doing the Biggest Loser Challenge and trying to stay motivated. These ladies on this thread to a great job of helping me out. I hope you get alot out of this group.

Okay...I am sore today!!!! My calves and my feet are crying out in a case of the achies. Can't say how much exercise I'll get in today. Maybe just some walking and give my body a little time to rest. I don't really want to lay myself up for a few days by overdoing it.

Deana-Okay...I'm sorry about my mom. Can I store any other relatives outside? I must think I'm a crazy person Well that's where we keep our mom's in Montana. If you would like any typing tips just let me know... I can't believe I typed the wrong word. The sad part is that the p and the m are no where near eachother on the keyboard. what was I thinking!

Okay, I'll be back in a bit. I have to take the kiddies to school.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 10:01 AM   #11  

Height: 5 foot

Hey Mel, Hmm I don't know. I did upper arm yesterday. So probably cardio of course.. lower legs, (which I don't think I'm supposed to do everyday, but I do anyway) Abs, and more cardio... I guess!! LOL Denise Austin always throws Yoga in her workouts. I hate Yoga sometimes! It's pretty hard sometimes especially when I'm tired! How much cardio do you do a week? If you really wan to shed some lbs you could try to add more cardio. Cardio is the ultimate best way to burn fat. And as we all know burning fat, lifts metobolism.. blah, blah.. And when the fat turns to muscle... you burn even more! That's also the best way to get rid of our tummies... cardio not abs! We all probably have a six pack under all this extra skin from having babies! LOL Well all I've eaten and feeling even lazier! Haven't had a drop of water yet... yuck!!! I guess I'll go attempt to drink a glass! Talk with you all soon!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 10:04 AM   #12  
a.k.a. Roxy

Morning Ladies!

Thanks for all the lovely compliments on my family, you all are so sweet, and wicked (you know who you are!) I haven't had the nerve to put one up of me yet, don't want to blind anyone, but I will.

OoooooooHHH! Mel- there ya go! Scale is leaving the station... on it's way down the line! Have a great workout today!

Michelle- you are sizzlin' girl! You and Dh look great! Ya know you ought to use that one for your avatar with the tree behind you. You are a lovely lady! Wickly lovely...

Deana- hey hope you get unclogged today. I'm glad you cut down on the stockings! I was worried you wouldn't be able to type anymore cause your fingers would fall off. Hope that you do make it to curves!

Jaymi- sorry about the lack of sleep! I have those sweet cravings and I don't even have my TOM back yet! Dang it, I just want my chocolate! I'll take any excuse! Hope dd doesn't swallow a hair, eewww! That can't be good!

Welcome Tracy! I'm Roxy- mom to 10-4 boys and 6 girls. I know you will just love it here. These ladies are the best! We have such fun everyday, it makes losing weight bearable!

Chris- Sorry your mom gets stiff when you leave her outside! Fortunately my mom lives in Florida, so she doesn't, she just blows away during hurricane season! I have to tell you I laughed out loud when I read that. I have to be careful, cause like eight people come running saying "What , What????" Then I have to let them look too!

Where's Crystal this morning? Probably posting while I writing this! Hope all of you other mom have a great OP day, especially you BLC girls. Go-Go-Go!!! We're cheering you on! TTYL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 10:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Thanks for all the comments on our picture you ladies always do bring a smile to my face.

Mel, you are awesome girl! I just know you'll start to see the scale go down! Woo hoo!! I'm just so darn proud of you for working so hard!

Deana, WOOHOOO only 12 more stockings!! Are your fingers raw yet? lol Any big plans today?

Tracy, hey girly!! I'm sure you'll like it here!! Its great to have you join us!!

Nothing much planned here today but some exercise and some school work and gift wrapping I really need to exercise today because I drank alcohol last night at the party which I swore I wasn't going to do lol but oh well we only have one big party we go to every year and that was it. I'm also proud to report that I was in bed before 3 am yesterday!! WOOHOOO!!

Crystal, hope you are feeling well!

Okay guys I'm off to make some breakfast today I'm having some sugar free hot cocoa and a grapefruit. Kids are going to have oatmeal.

I'll be back in a bit, I plan on doing a LOT of exercise today!
Love to you all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 10:51 AM   #14  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Michelle-
Just had to tell you that you are a great looking couple. I am sooo jealous of your hair. I wish mine were like yours. And you have such a pretty face.

Roxy-I have a confession...I thought your sons were good-looking too. Just didn't want to type it out loud. I'm so looking forward to seeing who you are. Post a pic....please. You make me laugh so often, I'd love to see the face behind the laughs.

So to all...I'm going to be catching crap for this whole "mom" thing for the rest of my life. I don't mind. I'm still laughing about it too.
In fact, I did a really bad one a few months ago at my mil's house. We were setting up her new computer for her and I typed in her user name as Virgina instead of Virginia. It was a joke in the family since she was a teenager. She told her mom when she was in school that her name was Virginia-virgin-for short-but not for long. I guess it got her slapped. But I didn't intend to type it that way on her computer. I'm awful aren't I????

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 11:56 AM   #15  
I'm a homeschool mama

I'm here, I'm here. Sorry, I can't be doing that too much or you ladies may think I've gone into labor, lol. No, I was on my way here to post this morning and got tied up with my sis and phone calls and kids and dh and you name it.
Anyways, I'm here for now. I've got to run to town later.
Slept about normal, about 3 interruptions or so. Decided to take our Christmas break from school early except we will complete our last math and spelling test on Thursday or Friday.

Welcome Tracy. I'm Crystal, 27 yo sahm of Alisa 6, Ally 3, and Andrew 2. I'm due with Allison Feb 1st. and that's it for me. I live in Texas and homeschool my oldest in the first grade. Been married 9 years. I stayed around even after finding out I was pregnant because these girls are addictive and I hoped to make this the healthiest pregnancy ever. I'm also going to get right back on track after I have her. So glad you found us and hope you stay around. Post often so we can learn more about you.

Kristin, about the truck. I was told that we already have the interim loan therefore it shouldn't effect us. Besides, I'm on this program with my jeep that I HAVE to turn it in by January. I had it for 3 years therefore, it's time. Luckily it happened at a good time, because when this baby comes my family won't fit in my jeep.

Mel, like I stated to Kristin, it wasn't a lease but like a lease and I have to trade in. Dh has made it really, really hard. He won't buy used, or Dodge or Chevy, he won't buy a mini van, obviously no car can fit my family. Therefore it's narrowed to a F150 supercrew that I can't get unless my payment goes up and that can't happen or a full size van which I've got my dealer working on.

Okay, I'm gonna walk to the mailbox so I'll talk to ya later.
Hope everyone has a great day.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote