South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 03:19 AM   #1  
RNMOM

Default Tuesday Hello! The Daily for Dec. 14

Ok, it's o-dark-thirty and I'm up...............I invented insomnia I'm sure. I'm here in Nashville visiting my son and his family, getting lots of grandma hugs. I'm here till Thursday and then I guess I better act like it's Christmas and do the shopping thing.

I've been relaxed about my eating, it hasn't been great, but I'm not going to beat myself up or be depressed about it. That would really be self defeating. I'm just going to tread carefully through the holidays and get myself together after Christmas is over.

My biggest mistake is the slacking off on the exercise, I can't believe how rapidly flab occurs. My kids bought me an ipod mini and I have my exercise music on it, I bought a new pair of running shoes and I'm anxious to get home and get to it.

I hope you all have a great day! You are all an inspiration, your ups and downs let me know I'm not the only one that struggles. The support is great. As I think of holiday blessings you are all on the list!
Old 12-14-2004, 06:36 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, chickies~~

RN, so sorry you're having trouble sleeping. I hate that. Enjoy your visit with your son and grandkids.

Not much going on this morning...just the usual post and run, work and gym...

So, you chicks have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 12-14-2004, 07:14 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

RNMom, how lovely... grandma hugs.

Hi Mamacita!

I'm rushing off to see my optometrist. Back later... have a great day, girls!
Old 12-14-2004, 07:43 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Good morning all!
RNMOM... Have a good time in Nashville. Don't ya love it? Hate the traffic love the city! I can't wait to get up there and go to the new aquarium restaurant at Opry Mills! Have a good time with the grandbabies! (oh & DS as well) teehee Oh and get some sleeep!

Mama...Off and running this morning huh! Well good for you still stickin to your exercising program! You'll be at goal in no time flat!

Ellis... Hope all goes well with the eye doctor. I hate goin cause of the dialation. I'm beggin DH for lasik now that I am finally eligable for it.

Nuttin much happenin around here today. I have a doc appt. this afternoon. That should be a blast! lol I moved my computer desk around again yesterday and moved some other stuff around in the livingroom. I hope I'm done for now. One thing I love about these hardwood floors I can slide this stuff all over the place. This desk is huge and heavy but with thesse floors it's a breeze! haha It's a chilly 28 degrees this morning! Burrr! DH keeps askin me when I am gonna get the christmas stuff out but I need the 10ft. ladder to reach the stuff off the shelf in my closet and he has yet to bring it in. I have a ficus tree with lights on it and I told him that was our tree this year! hahahaha Well chickies I'm off to start another day. I hope you all have a great one!
Old 12-14-2004, 08:03 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The lads from "Embers" are coming shortly to install a new chimney on the woodstove, The old one has pinholes in it which is not a good thing.

Hersh is still spotting so I need to do a Swiffer on the kitchen floor before they get here. There's something really tacky about blood on the floor!

I'll try to pop in later.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:05 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning chicks I just popping in to say hello. Life is soooooo busy. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:13 AM   #7  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning All!

Sounds like everyone is pretty chipper this morning. I'm finally starting to de-bloat after all the fat & calories this weekend.

RN - Sorry about the insomnia - it may be the extra carbs you're taking in. That's what happens to me when I eat too many carbs. How do you like the mini ipod? I want one too.

Mama - Way to inspire on the exercise.

Ellis - I have to see the dentist today. They need to take a mold of my mouth so they can make me a bite splint. Sounds like a icky thing.

Bami - I loved my wood floors! I miss them. You are right it is great to move stuff around. Bad for dogs though. My dog hated the wood floors.

Ruth - Poor Hershy - I hope she feels better soon!

DS has his first reconciliation tonight at church. We have a little party planned afterwards. I plan on staying OP but the X will be there so I may have to have a little wine to keep the permanent scowl off my face. We'll see - I'm planning on staying OP. I have to weigh in on Wed am so I plan on behaving.

Have a great day!
Old 12-14-2004, 09:16 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

OMG we have snow flurries!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know to y'all northern chicks it's no big deal but down here... I just have to say Yahoo! It's not gonna stick or anything though cause it's only flurries!
Old 12-14-2004, 09:17 AM   #9  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi little chick!
Old 12-14-2004, 09:52 AM   #10  
cac

I am back.... did not gain anything during my hightas.... started Phase I yesterday. So far so Good.

I have kept the exercize up. I ran my first race Sunday. A 10K in Central park. It was coooooold.

Hope all is well.

cac
Old 12-14-2004, 10:01 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

RNMom, I'm so glad you're getting some well deserved vacation time! I know what you mean about the exercise...I've been slacking off some too...but it's really that things are so crazy this time of year. It is extra hard to fit exercise in. Make sure you park farther away while shopping today to fit in a little extra exercise! BTW, I totally disagree with your signature. You are definitely NOT an idiot...just human like the rest of us.

Hi, Mama! I'm with you on that coffee...

Ellis, I'm with Bamie...I hate the dilation thing. Blech! Hope you're not subjected to that! How's the reno coming?

Bamie, love the ficus tree comment! I know what you mean about cold...it was 20 here. Brrr...baby it's cold outside! So glad you got snow! It's magical stuff.

Ruth, do they make "pads n' plugs" (as my dear, refined mother calls them ) for dogs? Would be a lot easier than all that swiffering! Sorry you have to do that! Pinholes do sound scary! So glad you are getting a new chimney! Our pipe kept leaking when it rained. DH went up on a roof a month ago to patch it for the second time, and it looks like it worked. He's quite proud of himself.

Little Chick, you are missed! Hope you are taking care of yourself in this crazy time!

Anchor, here's hoping that you can focus on your son and his joy tonight and ignore the ex. Don't let him make you go off plan! You can do it, girl!

Me:
Well, I weighed in at 223.5 for the second day in a row. I'm clueless here. I haven't eaten anything strange, and I actually did Pilates on Saturday and Jazzercise last night. I'm guzzling water (and visiting the bathroom all day)...so it's not bloating. I'd like to think I'm making muscles, but 1.5 pounds worth in one day? Don't think so. Not sure if I need to be doing some kind of modified 1.5 to keep things going down. I may need to try that.

The pressure of the season is definitely upon us. DH got the first floor lights up. They are cattywumpus, but I'm not going to fuss. They are up and that's good. I got the wrapping done last night but had to stay up until 2:30 a.m. to do it. I'm a little tired today. Tonight I have class, then will try to put up the second floor lights. Then tomorrow I need to finish my homework if I can't get it done at work. Thursday is class again, then on Friday and Saturday day we'll be cooking and cleaning up a storm for our party. On Sunday we leave for home!

It was bitterly cold this morning and we had a dusting of snow...just enough for footprints to show. Nice to wake up to a white world (won't be nearly as nice in April!).

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 12-14-2004, 10:07 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

cac, we posted at the same time. Congrats on the 10K! Wow!
Old 12-14-2004, 10:43 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi LAdies
If it wasn't phase one and I wasn't determined to become a slender vixen it would be a chocolate and PB day lotsa stress lots of calls to make and the project i intended to do today i can't b/c I can't get to the printer!
grrr
But it will be ok
I have PEANUTS! well had peanuts my 20 are up
MIL's bday today and out to dinner and back for dessert which i will skip she'll understqand she lent me the book!
bbl
Kierie
Old 12-14-2004, 12:50 PM   #14  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Just a quick hello this a.m. Will check in this afternoon, only working a half day today. Everybody have a good one.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:28 PM   #15  
Conquering with SBD

Good mornin' all. Been MIA for a few days...we are still trying to get the blinkedy blank hardwood flooring installed. Still have 89 rows left, but who's counting.

RNMOM - Your plan for the holidays is perfect. If you know that you will be tempted too much to follow the program perfectly, you are better to plan to eat properly most of the time and allow youself a few treats now and then. Getting back with the program after Christmas will get you to the same end without feeling guilty for 'cheating' throughout the Christmas season. But moderation on the bad foods is the key. WTG.

Mama - Have a great day. Take care.

ellis - Mornin' ellis. Talk later...

Bamiegurl - I haven't started my Christmas decorating yet, either. We are in such a mess with laying flooring and I don't want to drag stuff out before the sawdust gets cleaned up. Hopefully, we will be starting later this week and have most done by the weekend...just in the nick of time. Good luck on getting yours down from the shelf. Snow flurries...congrats, I think. We have a lot of snow right now, but the temps aren't too bad. The forecast is to go to +6 tomorrow. So much for the skating rink, I guess.

Ruth - I haven't checked in for a few days, but was thinking about Hersh this past weekend. Hope that she gets better soon...this has been going on for a while now.

lc - Good to hear from you. Hopefully you will be slowing down soon and be able to enjoy some of the Christmas season with family. Don't stress too much and don't go so hard that you get sick. Take care of yourself.

anchor - Don't frett about the molds. I just had them done for a splint, too (plus another crown). Once they get them pried off, it isn't too bad. I grind my teeth at night, so the splint has been really good...I have also found that I don't snore as much with it. Good luck tonight. Hope everything goes well.

cac - WTG on the race. You are such an inspiration.

Laurie - You are sooooo busy. WTG on getting the wrapping done. I peter out before midnight hits, so don't get as much done as I would like. Tonight, though, DH said it will be a midnighter to try to get the floor finished. We are really at a standstill in the house until we can get that done. Just keeping the rest of the house tidy is a chore...then with the sawdust to add to it. the mess is overwhelming. I think tonight will be one of the late ones, though

Kierie - Take the weight loss one day at a time. You have a good plan for managing the special occasions and it will work for you. WTG.

Me - I woke up to a horrific headache this morning. I couldn't figure out what it is from, then remembered that I was eating some desserts on Sunday at an open house, then got into some baking samples at a bake exchange yesterday. It has been so long since I have had any sugar, that I am sure it must be from that. But, still have the Christmas luncheon today with the boss, so there will be more sugar with that. After that, it is Phase 1 til Christmas Eve...I must do this.

Have to take the spoiled brat that lives in our house to the vet tomorrow. The very first Christmas card that arrived this year was to her from Dr. Bob... Can you tell that he gets lots of business from us?

I can't believe that I started this post at 7:30 this morning... It has been a wild day today and I didn't even get my exercising in. Oh well, it's home now to more hardwood floor installing.

Have a great evening everyone. Talk tomorrow.
Closed Thread