Old 12-13-2004, 08:17 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up Chit Chat #96

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group who share all the ups and downs of our daily lives... not just weight loss. Come on and join us!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:41 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good Monday morning, ladies!

Katy - how'd the program at church go last night? Bet the kids were just too cute. Did Miss Leigh break out in song after all? I'm so glad you've got this break from your classes and can be here more!!

Katie - awww, I hope you're feeling a little more cheerful today! Just keep coming here, and we'll make you feel better. At least one person a day will make you smile ! ((((HUGS)))) to you!

Marti - here's another thing you can do with Ritz crackers: Melt some mint chocolate chips, and coat Ritz crackers in that. Taste almost like the Girl Scout Thin Mints....yum!! I do think your rose bush is saying Merry Christmas from your Grandma! We have lilacs blooming - how bizzare is that? Our nursing homes always ask for the public's help with gifts for their residents, and we always help with that. When Fern was a patient in one, we went for the program, and it was so sad how many of them had no family members there!

Ellen - Neal and I LOVED your poem! He's giving finals this week, and doesn't have to go in as early as usual, so he was here to read it. How sweet of you! And no, I wouldn't mind if you gave him a birthday kiss. As long as that's ALL you gave him, lol. My state capitol is getting snow, but all that's expected down here is some puny flurries. Hrmph! When I do actually get any, I'm gonna have someone take my picture making a snow angel and post it!

Angie - you've been through so much in he past few weeks, no wonder you're emotional! Go ahead and get it out - you'll truly feel better. (here's Jane - passing a Kleenex and a shoulder to Angie) How is the patient doing, btw? It has to be nerve-wracking knowing that he has to go through all this again in a few weeks, on the other foot. ((((HUGS, Ang!))))

Cristi - It's a shame that you can't even enjoy your church service thanks to some ignorant parents! That would really honk me off, too! I've noticed that in most churches, people with kids don't go very far to the front of the church. Is it like that at yours, too? If so, maybe you could move up some? Or better yet, help organize a nursery or special quiet room.

The wind is about to blow us away! I think it's called a Yankee Clipper, since it's a Nor'Easter...

Not sure what's going on today, yet. Need to dust and sweep.. yada, yada, yada. Bought a new crock pot yesterday that, unlike my old one, has a warm setting that you can just turn to that. My new one last year, you had to wait for the cook cycle to be through. I want this for when I take stuff to potlucks, etc.

BBL,
Old 12-13-2004, 08:52 AM   #3  
RosieKate

Hey ya

The holiday program went well - James had a line and was a fine wise man/shepherd. Leigh got all flustered and clung to David, sobbing. sigh. She recovered when her SS teacher gave her a candy cane. She looked absolutely adorable -had her in a chic little holiday dress (no lace or ribbons please) and a red wool with black faux fur trim coat. the coat has a little capelet, also with fur trim - oh it is just too precious. Told her SS teacher" I can't get her to sing Away in a Manger to save her life, but she'll look fabuous!"

I attended grown up Sunday School that was supposed to be about alternatives to mass consumption for the holidays - centered around volunteer opportunities at our church and in the community to help the hungry. Our church is very involved in hunger advocacy and I was interested in it as I have taken my son to volunteer at our food bank on several occasions. There were a few people who basically hijacked the discussion by getting all political, which I just didn't appreciate - I just kept shaking my head - how does that help us right this minute!? Ugh. agitate on your own time --thanks for letting me vent ladies

I'm off to get my Monday going....will try to bbl to address individuals...stillhaven't done my cards - maybe today
Old 12-13-2004, 10:06 AM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning ladies--

I'm up too early today. James got his call this morning (which I hope he gets one every morning so he can have the weekend off) and I just had to get up and spend time with him before he left. I will be off to work before he gets home.
I decided to stay up last night reading so I would sleep in. (hmmm, that didn't work now did it?)

Jane--MMM....minty crackers! Never thought of that! I may have to try that this coming weekend. I promised Jhanai's dad to make him a batch of fudge (something I wasn't going to make this year) Jhanai wanted him to have some this year and so.......nothing like keeping the ex happy! The winds have been strong over here on the west coast. I just read in the paper that Washinton had some really strong winds, 75mph winds, in their foothills which brought down a lot of trees and cut off power. I hope we don't get any of that. But if we do, at least we don't live in the woods like we did a couple years ago and got surrounded by fallen trees. But I do have to worry about the trees in our back yard. I would hate to see any homes destroyed by them!!

Katy--Sounds like your little one was dressed to the nines! How adorable. You must post a photo of them. Jhanai had her Winter Choir (I just hate how the schools can't sing actual Christmas songs anymore) on Thursday. She had a narrator part (I think all the kids did) and she did a great job. When I go there, I was wondering why everyone was wearing coats, gloves and scarves! Anyway, the songs they sang were cute. They used the tunes of Christmas songs such as "Let it snow" but changed the words, and made it "No snow" and so on. I will have to post what little photos I got.

Well, I'm up too early, if I were to stay up, I would have a hard time at work. So I think I'm going to attempt to go back to bed. I have cards to mail later on and I need to return Star Wars Trilogy to walmart. I had bought them in Eugene, yesterday here in town the price was even better. Up in Eugene it was $42, down here, $29. Must go save myself some money! Anyway, that is all have to do today before work.

I took some photos of the tree ornaments last night and some of my nutcrackers and stuff. I will post those later on this afternoon.

I'll be back later when I catch up on sleep!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:32 AM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

MartiI was just going to say I didn't see Oprah but thought of Martina McBrides song In My Daughters Eyes then moved to the next post and saw that you found it. That really is a pretty song. I love her music. She was just here doing her Christmas concert which we didn't go to. We went the year before and it was nice. She has another song, among many that I really like called Blessed and man can she sing that. In the video she has her hubby and kids and it is great-you can see the love in her eyes they way she looks at them. I have to agree about the roses and your grandma. I always feel that they are always with us, watching over us and showing us little signs. Like Ellen, when DH#1 was killed I always felt him with me and one day I was home alone and it felt like someone walked past me and I smelled the cologne he always wore, Paul Sebastion, aahhh, that smelled so good. Thought I was losing my mind. Anyway, that is quite a difference in prices for the DVDs, geez. I would take it back also.

Katy~Leigh sounded like such a cutie. What no lace or ribbons?? DD told me I scarred her for life because I dressed her up in dresses all the time and put ribbons in her hair when she was small. I just laugh, silly girl. Probably the reason she hates wearing dresses now.

Jane~thinking about going back to the other church but can't get DS to go back. He is actually thinking of becoming a member of this one, UGH. We are not catholic so there is really nothing I can do to change anything, except not go. Oh, and they just don't sit in the back. Funny how they are everywhere and I know the priest noticed it was a lot worse this time as he was talking louder, a lot louder. I swear when that one side got really noisy I saw him cringe, he was sitting in his chair.

Well, nothing much on the agenda for today. Need to get some laundry done and some cleaning on the basement. Did I mention that we have been waiting for new living room furniture for three weeks now? Well, we did get the ottoman and the coffee and end tables two weeks ago. Just waiting on the couch and chair. Supposed to be in on Wednesday and I need to clean the family room to move that furniture (couch & one chair) to the garage, LR to family room. I've got a load of stuff to donate to the Salvation Army but can't till we get the furniture. Probably should call and see if they can come Friday, maybe I will do that also.

Have a GREAT Monday ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:31 PM   #6  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jane~ You know, my MIL mentioned that to us this morning when she came over. So Brandon was almost done with his bottle at that point, so I made him a juice bottle after that and he took two ounces out of it and is now sleeping. My MIL did buy him some more juice and some pedialyte.

Kate~ He is doing better today. Tommy heard him “bark” this morning and that was it. Now he just sounds like he has a cold. I gave him infant Tylenol at about 10:15 this morning.

Does anyone know why he would have a fever? Granted I know he is sick and all, but out of nowhere he got a fever.

KatieCat~ Welcome back!

Marti~ Actually, when we were at the place for our nieces birthday party. I was doing my best to try and keep him away from the other kids, but still in the same area for the party. It was all fun! He got his picture taken on one of the rides with Chuck E. Cheese. What a sweet guy you have! Tommy is the same way! I agree, that sounds like your grandma saying Merry Christmas to you!

Ellen~ Me and Tommy are more rested today. Brandon is getting better. He just sounds like he has a cold now, as oppose to barking. I was watching CMT with Brandon the other day, and they showed Tim McGraw. I didn’t even recognize him! He shaved off his goatee and his hair is short. My hubby didn’t believe me when I told him, but you could tell that it was Tim because of the voice. “Amazed” by Lonestar is our wedding song. And I absolutely LOVE “Mr. Mom” by them! I love their Christmas cd as well. I also love all the artists that you mentioned.

Cristi~ Gosh, I couldn’t see a whole city closing down because of croup! Eek! I am not really sure, but I know that he has some songs that the country stations play, as well as Kid Rock. My sister has a Blackwood, (it is a truck, can’t remember who makes it, I think Lincoln does) and Uncle Kracker drove it before she got it. (I know….off topic, but it is a little neat tidbit.)
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:50 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Hiya Mindee~was lurking for a bit and thought I would check and see if anyone posted before I log off. Yeah, I have heard some of Kid Rocks music played on country stations but he definitely isn't country! He cracks me up, never would have thought he came from a wealthy family or that he is wealthy hisself. Yeah, seems they cross over from country to pop and vice versa. Well, if Brandon has a cold now that would probably explain the fever. Don't really know much about croup so don't know if a fever would accompany it, just know about it being contagious and the horrible barking cough. They didn't clos the whole town and it was a small town, probably 1000 or so people. They closed some shops and the schools because too many kids had it-crazy!

Anyway, need to get going so I can actually get something done today. See ya
Old 12-13-2004, 01:20 PM   #8  
Closed

Good Late Morning Everyone
Wow already so much chatting , I am so tired this morning ,Kitty Kobie had 3 seizures in the wee hours so not much sleep ,went back to bed at 6:30 but still feel exhausted.Kobie is the big grey tabby lying on the bricks in my pictures,he's the sweets boy you could find ,but has epilepsy,He takes two valium a day to control it but at least once a month he has multiple seizures ,which are usually bad ,The vet say's every day we have with him is a blessing,doesn't sound very positive.He's such a happy and good natured cat ,it just isn't fair .We Love him. Did anyone see all my brood of kitties ,no one said anything , do you not like my kitties ? were you overwhelmemed by my kitties,? were there to many kitties ? did you think they were duplicate pictures of the same Kitty? did you count them oh maybe you should'nt Yes there are many ,and they all like each other except for the little chubby one lying on the matt in front of the door she's a people person and her arch enemy is Baggins he's the fluffy one on the ottomen ,his favourite spot,. Yes he's a toughy ( sucky) Ok enough about my kitty cats unless you ask, oh but did you see miss paris sleeping by the plate with the cookie,could'nt you just eat her up .shes so soft and sweet,Paris not the cookie. I missed the Martina McBride conversation, but In My Daughters Eyes is a beautiful song, She has an amazing voice that girl .

Good Munch Jane (combination between morn and lunch)
So glad you and Neal like the poem ,a Kiss is all I could muster anyways,so not to worry I woke up and the Snow was gone, I think the Snowman is toying with my emotions ,and I'm not amused .I see you have dusting to do ,never ends does it,I have to conquer the rest of my lights, I so wish I had done this before decorating ,I always make it hard than it already is. but I will scold myself later , no time for that now.How is Dale feeling today? My daughter told me yesterday she's experiencing some bladder problems to , makes you wonder what the hecks going on.Anyway I hope everyone feels better really soon.I have always wanted a crock pot and for the life of me I can't figure out why I don't have one, I know how handy they are and I love making stews and soups and sauce and we all know the longer they simmer the better they taste, so I'm gonna get me one soon and thats no crock
Well I hope you have a nice day I best finish up here or I won't get anything done and its almost 1:00 but I will be back you know that.
Hi Katy
I'm happy to hear the program went well and James did well with his line, Poor Leigh, I think even the sobbing and clinging would be priceless to see, don't candy canes work wonders Her outfit sounds adorable I used to love dressing up my daughter, but she won't let me do it anymore I have always wanted to get involved in something like volunteering to feed the hungry at Christmas ,I guess its never to late is it.Yes politics spoil a lot of things and it seems all any of us can do is vent. I hope you have a great day Katy
Hi Marti
Sorry you didn't get to sleep in, I hope you did manage to get back to sleep though. I thought I would read to last night but I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, although it last long ,when Kitty had his seizure . It must be hard with James going to work early and by the time he gets home your gone.(((HUGS))) That would be nice taking a picture of the roses blooming , maybe you get one of the little Hallmark picture frames that say Grandma and hang it on the Christmas tree each year.Wow what a sweetie you are keeping the ex happy better to be friends than enemies when there are children involved .do you have a good relationship with him, if thats not to personal.We had really high winds last week took out a lot of trees dismantled my Christmas decorations but no reindeers were injured just shaken up Thats quite and unbelievable price difference isn't makes you wonder how they get away with it ,but they do don't they , except for smart shoppers like you. Hope you have a nice day Marti .

Hi Cristi
'NEW LIVING ROOM FURNITURE" are you excited ,I hate waiting for stuff to arrive I'm like a big kid at Christmas when I'm waiting for anything even the mail waiting for a book or something.Do we get pictures of the new furniture ,I hope so. I was reading about the extra stocking, that is so beautiful to honor his memory I do believe passed loved ones are with us and watch over us and if you are blessed with little acknowledgements of their presence its the best gift you can receive.Well Mrs.Cristi I don't know if you make good cookies or not, but I know Mr. Cristi does ,I hope you get all your furniture moved around in anticipation of the new, well I'm excited anyway. I hope you have a great day and please don't pull anything
I don't wear the rest of you gals is right now, but I will be back later to catch up with all of you , but in the meantime if your sleeping ,happy resting, if your baking happy baking,if your driving ,stay safe,if your crying "STOP IT" if your working blahhhhhhhhh, thats all I have to say.
Hi Mindee
so happy to hear Brandon is feeling a little better, now we need for the cold to go away,(((hugs to all))) I just wanted to pop in before I go and say Hi I didn't see you there, Amazed is a beautiful song.and Wedding song.So Tim is as smooth as Brandons bottom huh . I did like the facial hair I must admit , but really can you spoil that face, I think not, and there is so much more to look at I hope you guys have a great day and I will be back later

Ok Stop poopin in ,I am getting nothing done
actually that was poppin in sorry

Hi Julie
Glad the wedding went well .short and sweet is good hopefully the marriage lasts longer, oh that wasn't nice I'm sorry,( Hence the term Jaded Lady) I hope that you guys can plan a nice wedding even its small ,do it at home with the people that do care and are involved in your lives ,sometimes and I hate to say it families don't pull together for you and you must move on .You two deserve to have a memorable wedding regardless, so do what makes you happy no matter the family situation as heartbreaking as it is,and unfair.This is for you two , and the people who share in your life , and you want something to look back on .I hope everything works out for you wedding and Baby ,I will keep you in my prayers.Have a nice day Julie Yay on YWL

Last edited by Tea Rose; 12-13-2004 at 01:52 PM.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:24 PM   #9  

Hey girls.....
Sorry I didnt check in over the weekend, but I was too lazy!!!
Went to the wedding on saturday, it ended up being very nice...It was short and sweet....Just glad its all over with now!!!! DBF and I had a hard time with it because we too need to get going on planning some sort of wedding, but its hard cause he has no interaction with his family....long story.... so he feels uncomfortable having a wedding and no one there for him...We'll probably end up at a justice of the peace somewhere....we're not big party people and I think we'd just rather have some small and quiet so we're thinking about planning a little something, we need to make it official!! We have an appt with this PCP on wednesday to discuss what the status is on our BABY issue.....we dont really know which road to take next so he told us to come talk with him....so we'll see!!! Well gotta get back to work, on a good note I am back down to 194.5lbs...so Im trying to conquer my bad eating habits so that I can get back on track again!!!!

Will check back with you all later
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:53 PM   #10  

Good morning.....again!

I went back to bed for a couple hours. That's enough for me. I could've have stayed in bed all day and forget about work......but then I would've felt bad!

Julie--Glad to hear from you. I was also wondering how your weekend wedding was going. James doesn't have much family, and the family he does have he didn't want at our wedding. We had wanted a small ceremony at my grandparents but things change and we ended up going to the Court house. It was STILL special to us. And our family gave us a wonderful reception a week later. So however you two decide to get married......it's going to be wonderful.
Good luck w/the new doctor!! Still keeping my fingers crossed!

Ellen--I would have to say that my ex and I have a better relationship apart than we ever did together. I mean, it was all bad, but most of it was. Controlling was the biggest thing. After I finally left (after being married almost 8yrs) he opened his eyes and realize what he had done. He knew how he acted. And he apologized. I was w/James (yes, I fell in love w/James while I was still married.....so bad) and my ex told me that he was happy to see that I was finally happy. And after that, we've remained friends.
(bet you didn't realize how much info I was going to give now did ya? )

Cristi--No...you didn't mention anything about getting new furniture! How great is that?!! Maybe the reason you don't have it yet is because they took a detour to Oregon.......I should wait by my door to see! No really, that is great. I would love to get some new furniture. You know, I really like our Futon, it isn't a cheap one, but it's just not the same as a cozy comfy couch!! Some day. Does delivering furniture usually take three weeks?? That does seem like a long time. I hope you get it soon!

Mindee--Jhanai was sick as a baby all the time. She seemed to get everything. I remember her taking a nap one time while her dad and I went bowling w/some friends (she was w/us) and she was asleep in her stroller. She had been sick a week before but was getting better so we thought she was ok. Well she woke up and started coughing....and couldn't stop. Then she started coughing brown stuff. So we immediately took her to the ER and found out that she had coughed so much the previous week that she tore a small hole in the lining of her stomach. They told us, if the blood is red, it's from the throat...if the blood is a coffee color, it's from the stomach. I felt like the worst mother ever.
So I hope little Brandon starts to feeling better soon. As for the fever....just keep him cool. Give him a cool (not cold) bath, give him some pedialite to keep him hydrated, and just keep your eye on him.

Ok...time for me to get dressed, head over to the post office and to walmart. It's just now noon so I have plenty of time to get things done before I go to work.

Talk to you all later!
Old 12-13-2004, 03:12 PM   #11  
One day at a time

I'mmmmm baaaaaack, again! Just can't stay away

That's the bad thing about working in the basement...the computer is downe here and it lures me to it! And I am supposed to be working!

Anywho...Ellen, sure if you want to see pics of the new furniture I will share. It is different so I will show a before with the old and then after with the new because we did different stuff on the wall also. I am loving the new picture DS bought us for Christmas, it is kind of like a Thomas Kinkaid picture, so pretty. Oh, I did see your kitties and they are adorable! Didn't think to mentione them, sorry. Sorry to hear about Kobie having seizures. Our little Ernie had seizures a few years ago and they were horrible. It was awful to see him go thru that and not be able to do anything. The vet thought it was because the kids were feeding him table food so we stopped and he hasn't had a seizure since. That was three years ago. Of course DS#2 has started feeding him his food again and I have told him to stop it and to remember what he went thru before. I don't want to see that ever again!

Julie~I am with Ellen about your wedding. We wanted a church wedding but DH family were being idiots and my family lives out of state so we invited who we wanted to be there, although none of my family showed which was sad. But we planned a small wedding at home with just us and the kids, his dad and step-mom, the preacher and his DD who happened to be DD friend. I fixed everything up like we were having a few people because I wanted it special and wasn't going to let anyone ruin our special day. Just what ever you do remember it is YOUR special day and you can make it special no matter where you go. Sending some good vibes and luck your way. I know when the time is right you guys will have a baby. :

Marti~when we bought the furniture they had to make a new couch, chair and ottoman and it is coming from Denver so the shipping doesn't take that long just the making. But not sure why they would make the ottoman first and ship that so that was kind of weird. Was told it should be ready first week of December and we are still waiting. It may show up on your doorstep!

Geez, I went and hit submit before I finished my post-what a dingbat! That just goes to show ya I need to get off this thing and finish up with my mess!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 12-13-2004, 04:37 PM   #12  

Cristi--I'll keep my eye out for you stuff!

Just popping in again before I stay off for good. Must get some kind of lunch or dinner before work. Nothing like spending my hard earned money on the cafe there! (they make GOOD sandwhiches!)

Went to walmart and saved myself some money. Here James was thinking that it's a gift for my dad......it's for him. Now to get it wrapped and under the tree before he see's TWO movies sets sitting around.

Have a wonderful day ladies and if I have more time before work, I will pop in again.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:08 PM   #13  
Closed

Hi Cristi
I would love to see the pictures, Kobie has been like this for almost his whole life, when he was little he went missing for a few months and the vet thinks someone may have abused him,Hate to think about that, thats why all my kitties stay in and if they do go out its in the back yard on a leed,can't bear for anything like that to happen again or anything else ,the only one that goes out is the stray he is the black one lying by the red pillow , you can see he is blind in one eye and had unfortunately been in a fight the night before, poor little guy , but he won't stay in all the time.Just after I left today I was cleaning the chandeleir and Kobie was on the opposite loveseat and he went flying of it into the table on the side of the room and I caught the lamp in mid air , he's hard to catch when this happens I have to wrap him in a blanket and hold him with all my strength no its hard to go through no matter how many times. I will be back later , still cleaning lights, your picture sounds beautiful I love Thomas Kincade so anything like it would be wonderful to look at.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:50 PM   #14  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

OO new furniture! I love new furniture....what color Cristi? Material?

Ellen, Ok I may of thought all those cats were the same of a couple of cats,,,cause ya I did notice a couple looked different,,,they don't call me ol eagle eye for notting...lol I offered Monte for him to get a cat but he said no,,,I know he loves cats but he said our lil Skittles is enough for us.

Jane, got your card today thank you! btw, I showed Brandon Katy's picture,,,and he said shes cute...but shhh you didn't hear it from me!

Mindee, fevers are a indicator that there is an infection being fought by the immune system,,,could be his ears or his possibly tonsils...

Ah man Marti I needed to go back to bed today...was told by my boss not to eat anything before coming to work cause she had this fancy thing being catered for all of us,,,so off to work i went,,,no cheerioes. 1:15 the food was finally ready,,,I was almost sick. But ohhh my it was worth it,,,chinese food,,,and everything,,,wonton soup and all.
I needed a nap....
anyways I should get going, Tanner wants his hair streaked. Who needs girls? bah!
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:59 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies, just checking in....

Bought an ornament for each of my sisters... it's a ceramic cardinal bird with a twig and pinecone. It's special because our oldest sister who died loved redbirds - so now when my other sisters see it, they will think of her and of me, too.

Cristi - CVS had a booklight so I bought it for you! That is, if you still need it. Mine is white, and this one is sort of blackish teal, but it's made the same way. You didn't already get one, did you? I'll be happy to send it to you. There was only one, so I snagged it right up! Wonder if they sell fast, or if the stocker only puts one out at a time, lol. If anyone else needs one, let me know, and I'll keep an eye out for them.

See you in the morning...