South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 04:54 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Talking TGIF!!

CRAP! I just wrote a big post, and the ruddy thing disappeared!

Anyhow, I was awake at 3:30, tossed and turned for an hour, and finally said, "screw it", and got up.

And I had this great idea (thanks to Bunna's woes) of adding Phase III sections to the recipe threads. So that when we're stressed, or going through some other heinous time (Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays, funerals, menopause, etc), all we have to do is temporarily go on Phase III before hurtling back into Phase I! I think I must be a freakin' genius. Why didn't we think of this before!?

I'm going to PM poor, overworked Suzanne right now.
Right after I get myself a coffee...
Old 12-10-2004, 06:46 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Basically another post and run day...got called to volunteer at the free clinic last night and they were slammed with labs...when we finally finished around 9:45, I walked into the flippin' storm of the century!! My speed topped out at 25 mph on the drive home. when I turned into our subdivision, I drove on pure instinct b/c I couldn't even see the road.

Ellis, I love the idea of having phase III recipes for emergencies. You are a GENIUS!!!

Ok, off to dry the mop on my head, and eat some breakfast before I haul buns to the gym.

Mamacita
Old 12-10-2004, 07:27 AM   #3  
Trapped Skinny Person

Morning ladies

Another MIA day yesterday - I have been sitting at this job for something like 7 weeks now doing almost nothing! (but hey I am being paid) and then whammo - piles of work drop on my desk - and you got it - all due tomorrow!!

Not a lot else planned for me. I am trying to figure out how to get Santa to bring me a treadmill for Christmas - anyone have any ideas?

So happy Friday to all and have a good OP weekend.
Kim
Old 12-10-2004, 07:31 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Good morning Y'all! Nothing much happenin here today. Not until this afternoon atleast and then it's run run run!

Ellis... I always knew you had it in ya! teehee P-3 Has such a nice ring to it! Someday I'll move there to stay!

Mama.... Oh the rain has been aweful! I think it has passed for now! OH NO! Nix that I just looked at Weatherbug and more rain is headed this way this afternoon!

I'm tired of the rain...Especially since I have to drive to Cullman this afternoon to take DD to meet her Aunt. Maybe it will go somewhere else! haha Yea like that will happen! Well I'm off for now! Have a good day all!
Old 12-10-2004, 07:33 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Bups! We posted at the same time.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:40 AM   #6  
i luv my dog!

Good Morning everyone,

This cold weather has zapped all my motivation. I don't want to do anything except try to stay warm. I shouldn't complain though, we're still above freezing, around 40F during the day.

DH just called and asked what I was doing and I said 'roasting nuts' - which I really am - and he said well I'm glad I'm at work - haha (budadadummmm; cymbols clash)

A Phase III section sounds good because I guess I can say I've been doing that lately, but I'm ready to refocus.

chat with ya later.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:39 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from the drizzling Ontario cultural wilderness.

Rob did a super job putting up my garlands, ribbons and lights yesterday and they sure looked pretty this morning. They are on a dusk to dawn timer and are still on right now! It must be a really dark day.

I braved Wal-Mart Toy department yesterday and got the last toy I needed. Of course, when I got home there was a message from Sears saying my Pop Up Pirate was in! It goes back! Considering I'd forgotten my list (duh!), it was a very satisfying shop. I even bought myself a Santa gift - a skill saw! I'll need to get lessons from Ellis on how to use it - very carefully, I assume. It's electric, not steam. I'm a Luddite usually but my rotator cuff can't stand hand sawing for too long.

Today I plan a long bath and hair washing/conditioning session and a short trip to the Library unless we get freezing rain. Ah, December in Canada! Such bliss! NOT!

Join me in a coffee and sing me Christmas carols while I loaf in the tub!
Old 12-10-2004, 09:03 AM   #8  
Darrell's Girl

Good morning, Everyone! I am SO glad it is Friday! It's been a long few weeks with end of the year stuff going on here at work. I work for 2 busy attorneys who feel the need to "touch every file" before year end to make sure they get their billable hours in. ugh. that is all i have to say about that. ugh. LOL

On a bright note, I lost another pound and am in the 20's! I'm really excited about that! 229 and faaaaaalling! I just wish it would fall in huge clumps as I walk down the hall or something... lol... I know, I know, patience is a virtue, right? That's okay... a pound is a pound is a pound... I'll take it!

I hope you are all having great days! My best friend is coming from out of town tomorrow for the weekend and my hubby is out of town, so it should be fun!

Hugs!
Old 12-10-2004, 09:11 AM   #9  

Bamie, send the rain up here, and we'll send you the snow that should be arriving here any time now.

Mamacita, PLEASE drive carefully, hon!

Ruth, you are going to LOVE that skill saw!! You'll never saw by hand again. Just don't do what my friend Jim did. He went through the tip of his thumb, severed a tendon, and was in a cast for eight weeks.

I'm clearing out the front hall. My daughter has 14 pairs of shoes/boots on the floor. And those are the ones not in her room or the back hall! At her age, I had one pair of runners, and a pair of boots.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:13 AM   #10  

Aileen, have fun with your friend this weekend!!
Old 12-10-2004, 09:15 AM   #11  

Good morning all from sunny Bermuda 75 degrees and loving it, sorry to rub it in I will be back in Boston for christmas in a week and a half and freezing my butt off. Very slow progress this week I have been OP, but may be eating a little too much cheese because the scale is not moving. I have had high blood pressure for several months and have tried unsuccessfully to lower it on my own through diet and exercise and it just isn't happening so I have finally bitten the bullet and will seeing my doctor today. I think she will start me on a diruetic today and we'll see if that works first. I really thought I would control it myself and I'm kind of frustrated to not be able to... Oh well, maybe once I keep going it will go down and I can get off the medication. I am a social worker in a hospital here and have recently sent a couple of young people off the island for angiograms and it scares me so I guess I'll try to "get fixed". If anyone has any experience with this please share. Anyway not a lot of shopping done yet but will start this weekend. I am making homemade sausage rolls this evening with a friend... Yum but oh the temptation... I will stay away, I guess it's better than cookies. Have a great day and be the best that you can be today.....
Old 12-10-2004, 09:38 AM   #12  

Colleen - I have far too much experience with fighting high blood pressure. Mine had crept up through the years as my weight crept up and my doctor eventually put me on an ACE inhibitor. When that wasn't enough, the dosage was doubled and then a beta blocker was added. Eventually a diuretic was added. The most recent research I have read does suggest using a diuretic as the first try but my doc is reluctant to use diuretics because the heat can get so intense here in the Dallas area during the summer. Make sure you talk to your doctor about ways to prevent problems with that since you are also in a very warm area.

On a more positive note, as I have lost weight on SBD, I am off the diuretic and then off the beta blocker. My pressure is normal and I have hopes of reducing the dosage of ACE inhibitor and eventually getting off of it when I got back in January.

Me - I will be so glad when today is over. Half of my team is on vacation today including my team leader and manager. That means I get to be the team leader as well as do much of the work. I'm crossing my fingers it will be quiet. I only have to work on Sunday morning for a little bit so hopefully it won't be a bad weekend.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:57 AM   #13  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning chicks.... for the next 5 minutes anyway. I did my baking yesterday not all of it but a chunk I only had one mmmm maybe two small brownies. I manged to finsh my photo show for my wee ones I just have to figure out how to set it to music and fix the timing a bit I am hoping it will be ready to burn by sunday. The weather here is dismal and gray they are calling for another storm of snow then freezing rain and then rain tomorrow. We did not get to much last week so we will see what happends. I hope it does not come til after 10 which is when I get off work and I hope that it is bad enough to cancel dance class tomorrow but clear up in time for the dance show which is at 2 and 7. That is not too much to ask for is it. Well I have to go I have a sink full of dishes and a couch for of laundry to fold. My work is never done. Have a great day chicks.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:10 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hope everyone is having a great day!

I'm so glad it's Friday! I need some sleep! I've promised myself that I can sleep in until 10:00 tomorrow.

I got my send away packages wrapped last night and will take them to the post office at lunch today. Hope I don't get stuck in a super long line!

We're eating dinner in the fancy restaurant on campus. It's nice because we can eat in a lovely candlelt room with great food for free! One of the few perks of my job. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with my wonderful DH. After all that time together in Europe, I've missed him! Tomorrow and Sunday will be spent cleaning, decorating, finishing my wrapping, and most of all, doing homework. We have a party at the neighbors tomorrow night (I'm wearing a sexy low cut red sweater with one of my new bras from Vicki's...DH loved the sweater when I tried it on, and this is the first time I'm wearing it. ), and church on Sunday. I'll do shopping for our party on Sunday and do a bunch of cooking after work next week to get ready.

Ellis, love the Phase 3 idea!!! I have a couple of possible recipes that I'm making for our party...I'll add them in when I get a minute.

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 12-10-2004, 11:20 AM   #15  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Good Noonish!

Guess who wore his cowboy boots for color day at school today? Yup that's right - DS wore them for color day (non-uniform) day. He was very excited.

I had to take DS to the orthodontist this morning and it kind of went like this - - then like this and then this - and now I'm kind of like this Yup - one man looking into my DS's mouth can do all of that in 30 minutes or less.

I made it through my busy day yesterday and stayed pretty much OP - I had a piece of Prime Rib for dinner with salad and shrimp cocktail. I know that Prime Rib is too fatty for the diet but I really wanted it so I broke down. I have my company Christmas party tonight and it is a seafood buffet. I think it will be another fatty night. Then DM made sure to order wine with dinner that I don't like what is up with that? I'll have to bring a brown paper bag with MY KIND OF WINE and make her proud - just kidding. I'll have to kick up the workouts next week to burn off the extra calories.

Hope you guys have an OP weekend!
Closed Thread