Old 12-08-2004, 06:02 PM   #1  
Want to see less of me

S/C/G: 260/255/185

Default What is wrong with me!

Ugh, utterly disgusted! I was doing SO well ... and BOOM, I gained like 7 pounds back ... ugh .....I am so very frustrated ....

My husband and I are trying to conceive and I am worried that b/c of my horrendous weight that I won't be able to have kids! I think that is contributing to my stress and weight gain .....

Frustrated in Canada,
Orangecupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 06:38 PM   #2  
Lawshark

Oh my gosh, Dawn. Don't beat yourself up. You have done a fantastic job to have lost so much weight in so short a time. Everybody stumbles along the way. Just pick yourself back up and get back to what you were doing to lose weight in the first place. Don't let a little setback (and that's what it is - a little setback) discourage you. You're doing GREAAAAT!
lawshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 09:05 PM   #3  

Don't get too doscouraged, I was 300 lbs when I got pregnant with my 2nd child. While being overweight doesn't help, it doesn't make it impossible to get pregnant. Relax, have a good time, and eat as healthy as possible still so when you do concieve the baby has the very best nutrients to work with to build it's little body even before you know it's there!
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:11 PM   #4  
PamPSM644

Dawn,Honey,don't get down on yourself.This is a scary time for you.Are you keeping a jounal?This is one of our best tools you know?You must have so much on your mind.I'm willing to bet your eating extra things and may not even realize it. Maybe some meditation would help you relax and get a handle on your stress?
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:10 AM   #5  
Want to see less of me

I should start journalling .... that is what everyone says is the best thing to do .. and you have just reinforced that .... I just started a new job and I don't like it .. so that probably isn't happening .... we have been trying to conceive for just about a year now ... ah, I just worry!

Thanks for all the supprt though! I appreciate it!
Old 12-09-2004, 06:57 AM   #6  

Definitely don't beat yourself up. Pregnancy happens when the timing is right plain and simple. I don't believe weight has anything to do with it. I weighed around 305 last month when I found out I was pregnant. It will happen for you, just have fun and let nature take it's course. But follow the suggestions of eating healthier foods for the baby!
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:24 AM   #7  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Dawn,

I just experienced a gain last week that almost made me give up, so I truly understand. Please try to be kind to yourself. I know I start to get really down on myself when I am struggling. I think the new job and waiting to have a baby can definitely stress you out! But, honey, you'll be o.k. Just keep going and relax as much as you can---I know, easier said than done, sometimes . We can do it!
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Sweetie don't beat yourself up over those 7 pounds. You said it yourself, you don't like your job and it's stressing you out. I know from experience that stress doesn't help with trying to get pregnant. (I tried for over 3 years with my first husband to no avail and got pregnant within 3 months of dating my now hubby ) I weighed 317 when I got preggo with my son last year so it can be done.

It's time to take a nice deep breath, and then sit down and make a plan of action. I think you are doing great.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:28 PM   #9  

Dawn, even though I had to read your thoughts from a typed page I could literally feel your frustration. I think alot of us deal with emotional eating problems. Trying to work through it does not happen overnight. Trying to get pregnant I'm sure is very stressful since you have been trying for sometime now. My great-aunt and her husband tried for years and then decided to adopt. About 2 months after she adopted their baby girl, my great-aunt became pregnant. She went on to have an additional 7 kids. So, in their case the stress of conceiving was more than likely keeping her from becoming pregnant. I know this is a hard time for you. I think it is the small things that might help you. I think that the big picture is just more than you can handle right now. Doing a journal, cutting out a food or two that you know is not good for you, take a little walk, etc. Try not to be to hard on yourself and please don't give up. We are here for you.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 03:49 AM   #10  
Getting back on track!

I don't know what else to add.
Here's a big for you. Seven pounds - you can get rid of that again. Take good care of yourself xxx
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 10:17 AM   #11  
Want to see less of me

Thanks guys! I feel somewhat better! I think I just had a little nervous breakdown ... new job (hate it) and trying to have a baby are getting the best of me .... You know when you want something so bad and it doesn't happen, it wreeks havoc on your life ..... but I know when the time is right it will happen!

I appreciate all your thoughts! I am so glad I have found this place!