Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 08:03 AM   #1  

Default CORE Fruit Dip Anyone?

Hi everybody. Does anyone have a fruit dip recipe that's CORE? Is there such a thing? I have to go to a potluck, bringing a dessert, and I thought maybe fruit and dip would be nice.

Thanks in advance,
Angela
Old 12-08-2004, 09:55 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, I'm sure I saw one. I'll dig through my HUGE pile of recipes and see if I can find it for you. I'm sure it was Core or Core adaptable or I wouldn't have printed it.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:35 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I would think that plain yogurt, Splenda, and a FF syrup all mixed together would make a great dip.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:29 PM   #4  
Heather in NC

My non-core recipe is 1/3 can of frozen lemonade concentrate and 1 can of FF sweetened condensed milk. Maybe try yogurt and crystal light powder? I don't know how else you'd get sugar free lemony because the juice might sour the yogurt. The tartness of the lemon flavor is good with fruit. Hmm, I'll have to try that one.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:44 AM   #5  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

I'm also thinking FF sour cream mixed with Splenda, then add an extract--either almond or lemon or orange. Should taste pretty good. What a smart idea to bring a dessert you'll enjoy. Another way to go would be to bring fruit and a dip that's off Core and avoid the dip yourself. Have a great time!
Judy
Old 12-09-2004, 09:54 AM   #6  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hey, here's another idea. How about mixing crushed pineapple and some frozen strawberries into either FF yogurt or FF sour cream or a combo of FF yogurt and FF sour cream. I think that would be creamy like a dip and yummy because of the fruit flavors. Good luck!
Judy
Old 12-10-2004, 08:37 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. Hubby and I were in a car accident Tuesday night and I've been consumed with the paperwork and phone calls since then. I've never tried this recipe but it sounded good to me so I printed it.

Fruit Dip

1 Small Box SF/FF Vanilla Pudding
8 oz Non Fat Skim Milk
2 cups FF Cool Whip

Mix pudding with milk until smooth. Fold in FF Cool Whip. Chill at least one hour. Serve with any fruit. The author said it was 8 servings, 1 point per serving for the Cool Whip.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:51 AM   #8  

Wow, guys! Thanks for all the great recipes. Maybe I should make a bunch of dips! Vickie, I'm glad you're OK and hope everything goes well with the paperwork.

Angela
Old 12-29-2004, 08:50 PM   #9  

Try this recipe. It isn't a dip but it's a nice change.

16 oz ff cottage cheese
1 small box sf ff vanilla pudding mix
3 T ff cool whip
1 14oz can of fruit cocktail in pear juice (drained)

Makes 5-6 1/2 cup servings.
Makes a great breakfast or mid morning snack.

FYI-I find the fruit cocktail at Super Wal-Mart.
Closed Thread