South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 05:06 PM   #1  

Default i quit

im stopping sbd. its not working for me. Im just 15 yrs old, not getting enough nutrition. I am determined however to lose 25lbs by March by eating healthy, low gi and low fat, just not so much like SBD. Im just overdoing stuff like cashews. its just a fad and im just getting depressed over it.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:02 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cashews are killers!
Whatever plan you choose, please remember the healthy principles of South Beach - good carbs and good fats. Nutrition is extremely important at your ages, especially if you want to have children some day.
All the best to you.
We wish you well.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:07 PM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

You are probably right in not doing SBD. But at the same time, you sound like you are quite depressed about your weight.

Rather than trying to follow a strict diet at your age, shift your thinking a bit to becoming a healthy eater, not a dieter. Say no to anything white - white flour, white sugar (any sugar really), white rice, white pasta.... Add in a touch of exercise and don't worry about your weight. The weight loss will follow.

Whatever you do, don't go on any fad, quick weight loss diets. They are not only unhealthy for you, but could do really bad things to your health...and you need to guard your health for the rest of your life.

Check in with us and let us know how you make out. Good luck and take care of you.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:16 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Blondie, good for you for figuring out what your body needs! I wish you the very best. Remember... we're always here for support, whatever program you may be on.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:51 PM   #5  

Thank you guys so much.
I already am very active (I dance intensively). But as a dancer, I am expected to be thinner than a regular teen. So I have been trying fad diets to melt the fat away fast for auditions etc....But it just doesn't work. my instructor has pressured me to lose weight for about a year. And i ahve decided that I WILL lose weight for this upcoming dance season in spring. Im finally going to do this, for myself!

Im definately going to keep sbd principles in mind. I feel a great deal fuller with what I eat for breakfast on sbd than what I do regularily. So I'll keep the rules as guidelines. I have learned a lot about hwo my body responds to certain foods. Bread for instance tends to go right to my butt!!! lol. Dont ask how I figured that out.

So yea, I will let you know how it goes!
Old 12-08-2004, 10:44 PM   #6  
it's always something

Blondie, it might be that you aren't eating enough. Your metabolism is different at your age, and since you are so active, your body needs more than ours do. If you don't consume enough calories, your metabolism slows down to compensate, which means you burn fewer calories - and don't lose weight. This is a bad side effect from fad diets, and if you've done a few, then you might suffer the effects of yo-yo dieting. Research has shown that teens that diet regularly have a higher chance of being obese as adults. My advice would be to talk to your physician, they should have a dietitian on staff that can give you a plan that is designed for your age and activity level, and they'll follow up with you to see how it goes. If you don't want to do that, then you might try Weight Watchers. Our diet survey shows that of the people that don't lose on South Beach, most go to Weight Watchers and are more successful. South Beach is great, but so is Weight Watchers and many other diet programs. You have to find what works for you.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:23 AM   #7  

If you are dancing then you need carbohydrates to fuel your body. Whatever you choose to do from here, just remember that there are good carbs and healthy fats, and it is always beneficial to eat a lot of vegies and drink plenty of water.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:48 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Blondie, I wish you lots of luck in whatever you choose, but please know that even though the professional world of dancing can be very competitive, you don't have to be in that world to be able to dance. I, too, had a dance instructor that constantly nagged me to lose weight. That kind of talk made me feel very fat, and in time, I made that assumption come true by eating to deal with my depression. At the time, I was about 155 on a 5'10" frame...not fat by any normal standards. Eventually, I became 326 on a 5'11" frame. Don't let that happen to you, okay?

Remember that being healthy is more important than being rail thin. Truly.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:28 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Blondie.. I wish you well in whatever you choose to do. Please do keep us posted.
Closed Thread