Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 06:13 PM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Exclamation Foodwatch Club: Organized For The Purpose Of, Well, Watching Food/sharing Food Logs

'Tis the season to be eating, and (for me, at least) 'tis the season to be gaining! In the interest of NOT gaining this year, I'm calling the first meeting of the FOODWATCH CLUB!

There are no dues. To join the FW Club all you have to do is post what you're eating each day so fellow club members and the general public can help you watch it!

But the idea is just to watch and post, not necessarily comment on anyone else's eating. (This is in self-defense, 'cause my eating habits are TERRIBLE!)

This isn't meant to usurp any other "club" on this forum. It's just a no-frills, minimal discussion post-the-log-'n-ur-done kinda club idea that I'm proposing to see if anyone bites, 'cause I, for one, have gotta watch that Demon Food like a hawk if I EVER intend to reach my goal!

Join me if ya wanna!
Old 12-06-2004, 06:27 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Talking Well, okay, I will join the Foodwatch Club!

Yep, Amarantha, I would like to post my food log here and be a member of the great new Foodwatch Club!

Some days may be more difficult than others to post a daily food log ... I'm SURE you meant that club members may post whatever kind of food log they want and NOT necessarily everyday and that club members may do whatsoever they please 'cause we want them to be happy? (YES, I DID MEAN THAT, THANKS FOR ASKING) ~ Signed, Amarantha

Amarantha's Food Log, Monday, December 6 (Note that I haven't eaten the last beef pattie, bun and soup, but wanted to post this ... will edit any changes later; numbers refer to calories, which is what I am trying to control, note also that I realize this is not a healthy diet and there are NO vegetables) ...

English muffin 120
T diet butter 50
T honey 60
2 Soup In Hand mushroom soups 240
2 packs M&Ms 480
Lean beef patty 160
Hamburger roll 110
Lean beef patty 160
Hamburger roll 110
Edited: 12-oz bottle fat free milk 135

Total 1625

Last edited by Amarantha2; 12-06-2004 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Had milk instead of soup for last item! Don't want to do a whole other entry!
Old 12-06-2004, 08:24 PM   #3  
deleted2

Hi Amarantha! I'm in. Here's Monday's:

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 ww toast w/ lite cheese, 2 soy 'sausages'

protein shake [almond milk, banana, chocolate protein, cashew butter]
clementine

2 ww toast w/ pimento cheese
curried lentil soup
jjuice-sweetened apple -spice cake

sliver of brocolli quiche

calories: 1710

Old 12-06-2004, 09:32 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Thanks for joinin' in, E!!!

I'm editing my entry above ... decided milk would be better than soup and had that.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:38 AM   #5  

Me too!

So far, today... hmmmmm.....

Only 1 coffee w/ 1/16 cup no fat milk....

planned breakfast--
1 bean/portabella tofu scrambler
1 slice home whole wheat bread

and then sometime

1/2 cup ff cottage cheese w/ mixed fresh fruit

1-2 cups black bean veg soup

with some clementines and apples in btwn....

Thanks for starting this Empress-- You have no idea how much I need to do this and you took care of the first step for me!
Old 12-07-2004, 08:06 AM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Welcome to new FW member K!!! Hooray!

I'll be back with my food log later ...
Old 12-07-2004, 07:37 PM   #7  
Empress/Queen

2 English muffins 240
2 T diet butter 100
2 T honey 120
Bag M&Ms 240
1/2 Soup In Hand mushroom soup 60
1/2 bottle lowfat milk 70
Low carb Slimfast vanilla 190

Total 1590

Old 12-07-2004, 07:58 PM   #8  
deleted2

Default Tuesday

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
brocolli quiche

1 handful almonds
apple-spice cake [fruit-sweetened]
clementine [This was a rather robust "snack", huh?]

lentil soup
2 ww w/ pimento cheese, egg
apple

2 date 'truffles'

ww english muffin w/ veg. burger, spinach, onion, ff cheese, mustard
pepper and cucumber stix
1/2 serv. tortilla chips

calories: 1845

exercise: 20 min. dumbells
25 min. Pilates [didn't make it to 60 min.!]

2 busy days ahead for me---I've decided I'm not going to sweat the calories too much; I'll just be trying to stay away from the junk!

Old 12-08-2004, 11:34 AM   #9  

Hello all

yesterday's menu completed was:

Lots of homemade Vegetable "spaghetti" sauce w/ green beans, portabellas, broccoli, garlic and onion over 1 cup brown rice

1/2 cup brown rice w/ 1/8 cup no fat milk and splenda

1 cup vanilla sf ff pudding w/ 1/2 banana

So far today:

2 golden delicious apples
2 small pieces of Whole Wheat bread
2 small eggs mixed w/ 1/8 cup of 1% fat cottage cheese

and think I'll have some more of the "spaghetti sauce' w/ brown rice now for lunch....

EYDIE!! Recipe for that cake please! could you do a cut and paste??

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2004, 01:34 PM   #10  
Spreadin' the luv.

OK, I'm not dieting or attempting to restrain my eating in any way right now, but I'll get on the wagon of at least writing down what I eat, OK?

Starting with dinner last night (total chaos):

Handful of walnuts
Several bowls of steamed white rice, accompanied by organic mushroom gravy (little fat) and seaweed sprinkles (no fat). Probably ate 2.5 cups of rice.

Today's breakfast: Luna bar (starting to hate those things) and two nummy Satsuma oranges.

Lunch: Amy's brand (organic) black bean burrito - reasonable levels of fat/calories. I love Amy's brand stuff. It's consistently good-tasting, organic, and they have some pretty amazing vegan stuff (macaroni and "cheese", even!).

Snacks: a couple of Morningstar Farms veggie dogs (not quite vegan) with mustard.

Can you tell I haven't been cooking much lately? Never mind - Eydie's inspired me to make a bunch of food this weekend. Now if only I could convince Ramon that leftovers aren't the devil...

Thanks for starting this up, Amarantha.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:41 PM   #11  
Empress/Queen

WELCOME, NEW CLUB MEMBER, CERISE!!!! It's great to have you with us.

I know I promised (sort of) not to comment between reports but I WOULD also like to lobby for the cake recipe, E!!!

Ok, thanks, will return. Doing great. It's amazing how this exercise brings me back to an awareness of what I'm eating. Thanks again to everyone who is participating ...
Old 12-08-2004, 04:59 PM   #12  

In an attempt to be more accountable here I am. So far today:

breakfast: oatmeal
lunch: veggie sushi
snack: blueberries

my plan for this evening is a whole wheat pasta with spinach, basil, olive oil and a bit of really good parmesean. I find that the better the parmesean the less I have to use to get that wonderful taste, so it is less fat and calories than the stuff in the green cardboard tube thing.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:05 PM   #13  
Spreadin' the luv.

Urg. I HATE the green cardboard tube parmesan.

OK, I kind of like it, but only with the same part of my brain that kind of likes those greasy ultra-muffins stuffed with cream cheese (shudder). I kind of like both, but refuse to eat either of them. "Even I have principles, SIR." (quote from the movie "Mansfield Park")

Your dinner sounds dee-freakin'-licious, Seecat.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:31 PM   #14  
Empress/Queen

WELCOME NEW CLUB MEMBER, SEECAT!!!!

Total agreement with the parmesan thing ... hate the green tube ... love fresh grated!
Old 12-08-2004, 05:40 PM   #15  

There is a soft spot in my heart for the green tube thing becuase that was what parmesean looked like when I was growing up. It is kind of there with the can of cranberry sauce that comes out can shaped and rice a roni: all things that are trying to be real food and yet failing in such a quaint way. I do not eat them now that I am a grownup, but sometimes I wax nostalgic.
Closed Thread