Old 12-02-2004, 11:13 AM   #1  
PamPSM644

Thumbs up Happy And Motivated

Chickies,I'm so motivated and upbeat that I want to drag all you blue Chicks with me. Sence I started this diet in Aug my life has changed so much and all for the better. Not a day goes by that there isn't some kind of small satisfaction to reward me for my efforts.This morning I took in my almost new bras several inches.I can't imagin going back to what it used to be like.Even just 50lbs lighter so much has changed. People treat me nicer and I feel more like a regular person.I don't know if it's acually the weight loss or a reflection of my attitude and in the end I guess it doesn't matter. It is what it is.I LOVE my diet.I haven't been so happy in years.Everytime I'm tempted to think about my diet negitively I can block it out by remembering all the good things.If I can do this so can others.We can do this. We are powerful!
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:40 AM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

How wonderful Pam - I'm so happy you made that decision to turn your life around and make it better in so many different ways. That's what I love about this place - hearing about the success and happiness of others is so darn motivating!! Thanks for sharing.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:00 PM   #3  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Default Congratulations!

That is so wonderful that you are so upbeat!! It is an awesome feeling when your body feels so differently and people do treat you better or so it seemed. Good job and hopefully your enthusiasm will rub off on some of us that are feeling stalled. This week I have been very motivated and reading your post really helped!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:16 PM   #4  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamPSM644
Chickies,I'm so motivated and upbeat that I want to drag all you blue Chicks with me. Sence I started this diet in Aug my life has changed so much and all for the better. Not a day goes by that there isn't some kind of small satisfaction to reward me for my efforts.This morning I took in my almost new bras several inches.I can't imagin going back to what it used to be like.Even just 50lbs lighter so much has changed. People treat me nicer and I feel more like a regular person.I don't know if it's acually the weight loss or a reflection of my attitude and in the end I guess it doesn't matter. It is what it is.I LOVE my diet.I haven't been so happy in years.Everytime I'm tempted to think about my diet negitively I can block it out by remembering all the good things.If I can do this so can others.We can do this. We are powerful!
Pam, I couldn't agree with you more!!!! When I think of my health earlier this year and 76 pounds ago.....I am just amazed. I'm right there with you in the gratitude and looking on the bright side department. Even relaxing a tad too much for 3 days over the holiday weekend, there is always the knowledge that you can always jump right back in the saddle at any moment. I'm grateful I didn't gain and still lost, too, but even if I hadn't, there's still the certainty that you can always turn it around on a dime if you can get your head back in the game.

I said it before and I still really believe that in many ways this whole process is a gift of sorts; while it sucks that there's this long road to cover to get from (in my case) 284 to 144, the lessons you learn along the way, the self-awareness that arises from the challenges you meet and beat, and the knowledge that you gain about your body are just incredible. Even if the process is extremely difficult, it's truly a gift to have this opportunity to grow in the ways you're forced to.

I love your attitude, Pam!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

great post. I'm with you in that department as well.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:47 PM   #6  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Pam,

I'm glad things are going well for you and that you are feeling so good and positive.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 03:47 PM   #7  

Wtg! Great Attitude!
Angelic_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:37 PM   #8  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Great post! You summed up my experience to a T. People do seem nicer then they did before. I thought it was just me, but Maybe not? There is no more staring and then looking away when I make eye contact and when I say hello, people seem happier about it.

Hey Sarah, did you notice we started this journey at the same weight, are currently at the same weight and have the same first goal weight? If I didn't know any better, I would think you were copying me! LOL! Hey, race ya to 199!!!!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:29 PM   #9  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Hey seashell...that's funny! Well, I must say, at the rate you're going, it sure seems like you'd win that race! Of course I'm fully intending to make my Winter Solstice Goal of 199 by December 21, but the real truth is that I'll be just pleased as punch whenever I get there. You know? But those stats are a funny coincidence!

On the topic of people being nicer now, I've been thinking lately about how much nicer I am now! It's always been really important to me that I be polite and gracious to the people around me, and I'm just plain nice to people overall. But I know for a fact that I am MUCH more outgoing now, and I radiate so much more confidence and comfort in my own skin. I know I smile more, and I initiate eye contact rather than avoiding it or just keeping to myself. I laugh louder and my behavior is more physical and open, and I am also CONSIDERABLY more lighthearted and easygoing. So of COURSE people are nicer to me! I'm sure it all comes from me. I know I've got to be more approachable and fun now. Every day gets me closer to the old Sarah.....and in a way that makes me sad. I let the fat bury so many aspects of my personality that I valued and enjoyed.

So it's not just my body that's lighter now -- it's my demeanor and the energy I"m putting out there as well.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:06 AM   #10  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Sarah,

I couldn't have said it better myself. You summed up my exeriences lately. I am getting closer to the person I was before she was hidden under a mound of fat. I have confidence again (though not enough to talk to Rob, guess that's a seperate post) and the world seems happier. Who knew it was inside of us all along? I am hoping for 199 by christmas, if not January 1. I'm really working at it. I wish you the best and I will be thinking of you! Lets keep each other updated!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 09:51 PM   #11  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Pam, what a great post to read. So inspiring. Here's to you & your continued success.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:03 AM   #12  
PamPSM644

Thank you all my friends. When I think of where I was when I started to where I am now it's like I'm a differant person. I can remember my first post and how desprate it sounded. I hope I never go there again. The world seems so much brighter and my attitude has turned upside down. I now think I"can" do things instead of "can't", not just about dieting but other things to.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:25 AM   #13  

Thanks for a glimpse to the future....It is wonderful to hear how much better all of you feel..inside and out! Thanks for the motivation and hats off to all you wonderful folks.

Jenaya
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:29 AM   #14  

Okies, I am motivated for the week. I was able to watch my husband eat a pop-tart in front of me last night and not go insane. I politely asked him to eat it somewhere else next time. Before I could not say no to him when he wanted to share "bad" foods. Now I am saying No to him all the time. He's such a mindless muncher and is going to gain back all the weight he has lost. I used to weigh more than him and now I weigh 32 lbs less than him. I hope he reads some of these threads. He really needs motivation. My motivation for him comes off as nagging, and we all know that if he sees me as nagging him it could throw him off and make him eat more. So, I am going to make a greater effort this week to not "nag" him and be a little softer in my demeanor. I'm one of those people who are to the point people and sometimes that makes me come off as a little to forward. He's not real receptive to that at all. You all keep up the motivated week!
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote