Old 12-06-2004, 07:24 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives #308 ~MONDAY~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 07:30 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good morning

I'm out of coffee, , so I'm drinking hot chocolate.

How is everyone? How did everyone sleep? My night started out like it wasn't going to be that good. Up until about 100, then I slept in my bed until 600. Not too bad.

Jeniqua, so sorry about your daughter. Sorry how dh acted and having only the one car, I can't even imagine. My dh is always on board to take them to the doc probably before I am myself. Growing up, you just didn't go to the doc unless you were on your death bed, almost literally. I hope everything is okay.

Deana, you've been busy. Hope you got some rest after that day.

Cindi, I'm so glad things are going well for you. Dh's job, your job and so on. Hope it all sets in and you can just enjoy it.

Today, we'll school while Andrew naps and I've got some phone calls to make and go to town later this afternoon. I guess I'll check back later. Clipping coupons right now.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:03 AM   #3  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Hope everyone is having a great morning!

Crystal: Out of coffee?!? Horrible, I tell ya! I didn't used to be much of a coffee drinker then dh got me started when it was cold weather....now it's everyday! Ugh! Oh well, I heard you can count that towards your water for the day too since it's basically flavored water! Sounds good to me.

Planning to go to Curves this morning, dd has preschool and dh has to go back to work....after 3 days off!!! Amazing! I haven't known what to do with him home that much at once. Then he only has 9 more night to work before Christmas break. He gets the same days off as the kids do from school.....I have to com eup with things for him to do

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 09:17 AM   #4  
I'm a homeschool mama

Deana, I never drank coffee until I started working with dh's family in the office when there was a business. It was after I had Alisa. At first, I only drank in the cold weather too and with cream and sugar. Then I started drinking a little more often and with no cream and sugar. With each kid I've drank a cup more. I know that's weird, but now I drink about 3 cups in the morning, black.
You can only count it towards water if it's decaf and no cream or sugar. Same goes for tea, but it has to be sugar free and decaf, otherwise it doesn't count.
Okay, I've got to go referee a fight. TTYL
Old 12-06-2004, 11:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Morning!

I slept like total crap last night!! I couldn't fall asleep for nothing!!! ARRGGHHH!!! It must have been the frappacinno I had at work last night lol damn caffeine. Not much planned for today but I'm taking Taylor out with me and we're gonna go to build a bear and shopping at the mall so she can have some mommy time. I'm getting the girls their new tv today too, they have a tv/vcr/dvd 20 inch tv for $180 at office max. Then I can get rid of the pile of components on their bureau.

I also have to work on my paper today for school and get it ready and then get the rest of my assignments in order for the week. I start my next two courses on the 20th! I'm excited, my books should be here today!

Oh I bought some Bare Escentuals, mineral makeup, have any of you tried this before? It looks awesome! But it's very expensive. I'm sure I'll like it

Okay I gotta get off here yugi is chewing on something.
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:57 AM   #6  
2BoysMom

Hellooooo ladies

Michelle...sorry you didn't sleep well last night and I'm glad Yugi is back home with you. Never tried Bare Essentials.

Roxy.. Happy Birthday to Celine One piece of cake won't kill you...it's the leftovers that will

Cindi..yikes! I always worry about the boys locking me out of the house but luckily I can tell Will to unlock the door. Glad things are looking up for you these days.

Janiqua...can I come kick your dh's a$$ for you ?? I hate when men act like that! Luckily, my dh knows better...he doesn't want me to get that po'd Hope things get better soon and he realizes the error of his ways.

Crystal, sounds like the house is coming along great.

Deana...have fun at curves. I finally got a workout in this morning. Still can't comepletely shake this cold.

It's raining and crappy outside so we're stuck inside today. We had about an inch of snow last week...now it's all gone. Hmmm it was sooo pretty too.

Packed up Tony's 18 month clothes...he fits in his 2Ts now. My baby's getting so big!

Gotta run...he's into stuff again he doesn't belong in...grrrrrr!

Have a great day everyone. Hi to everyone else.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:59 AM   #7  
2BoysMom

Michelle...tech question for you. We run AdAware 3+ times a day, Spybot and Norton AntiVirus at least once a week and we constantly get Ad popups...we have popup blocker too.

WHAT's UP WITH THAT????
Old 12-06-2004, 01:48 PM   #8  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi everyone!

Well back to the grind today! Doing LAUNDRY and cleaning up from this weekend. It snowed about 1 1/2 inches this morning. Good thing I like snow and don't mind cold weather. Did a bit of cyber shopping this morning and lurking.

Crystal- sorry you are out of coffee (lifeblood), I'm not drinking it for a while to see if it helps with the weight loss. We'll see if there's no diff I'm back in the pot!

Hey Deana!- Hope you do good at Curves. Enjoy your time having DH home.

Hi Michelle- Sorry you got no sleep last night. What are you taking for courses? I don't wear lots of makeup (had skin cancer, little tumor) so I have to always wear sunblock. I bet the other (Bare Essentials) is prettier! Yugi's over his trama, huh? Lucky doggie!

Geri- Hope you don't have anymore computer problems! OOOH NOOOO!

Jeniqua- So sorry to hear about DD! I hope she is better soon! Sorry to hear about DH too! Make a crappy dinner tonight and say it's not on your plan, so he can have it all! That's so passive/aggressive of me! I'm so bad! DH always knows he's on my short list when I make mac-n-cheese out of the box, cause he hates it! Luckily I haven't had to make it lately. I'm getting that list together but it's taking a while. Please be patient, thanks!

Well hi to all you other Moms today! I'll return later!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:04 PM   #9  
2BoysMom

Jilly Bean....

Thanks so much for the adorable white fuzzy slippers with red and pink polkadots! They're so squishy And the cucumber melon candles are perfect! I LOVE that scent.

Last edited by Chubba; 12-06-2004 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:22 PM   #10  
**Kristin**

Hello Im here- fly by though, shopping date with dh Christmas shopping is in full swing, ugh... I am having trouble this year, there are so many people who say "I don't want anything"..YEAH RIGHT! Just tell me, that is so annoying! I yelled at my dad when he told me that this morning and he was like "okay, okay, I want you to get some counseling for that temper" LOL! I don't really have that bad of a temper, just when people "beat around the bush" as the phrase goes! haha.

Michelle - I am so so so so so so so so glad that Yugi is home!! I told you so! Remember when I told you that he was with someone nice and you didn't want to believe me!?!?! huh,huh? well I'm glad I was right!

Oh- one other thing, my little warrior Olivia that is battling A.L.L. (a form of Leukemia) sent me a thankyou note in the mail! Actually her whole family did! IT said that hse loves the ngihtgown and really lifted her spirits. Her brother Adam also wrote a thank you for the magazines that we gave him. The best part was that Kelly (Olivia's mom) wrote that Olivia was so excited she wanted to send me her necklace! I started crying big time. So I am holding this little blue flower necklace in my hand, thinking of how this little girl was fighting for her life, but wanted so much to show her appreciation, that she gave me something of hers ! I couldn't believe it, and was so humbled by that! I just thought I would share If you could please, go and sign her guest book, there hasn't been a lot of activity on it lately and I know she loves to read it! Thank you! http://www3.caringbridge.org/wi/oliviaklund/index.htm

Okay - well I should get going! Have a great day all, not sure if I will get back here!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 04:27 PM   #11  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey ladies

Great day at work, but back to moving I go. We are almost done though!

Geri...I started using the Opera Browser and it's the only thing that has ever stopped my ads...it has a pop up blocker that is awesome, I never get ads unless IE is running. It also will save the last session, to make it easy to resume when you have to log off and it has tabbed pages too. Go to the website and take a look, you might like it.

Okay...Love to all, I gotta run!!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 07:10 PM   #12  
Jeniqua

Hello ladies!! I've had such a busy day today. The kids had a half day today. I had a full house today. We got alot of snow today. They're saying the kids might not have school tomorrow. They're expecting freezing rain tonight. It might be another busy day tomorrow too. I stayed OP today! BTW, hubby is kissing butt big time today. He called from the road today like 5 times just to tell me he loves me and that he's sorry.

Crystal~ I wouldn't drink coffee for the longest time because I wanted to still grow. I was trying my hardest to reach 5ft..LOL! When I finally thought I had stopped growing I tried coffee and I really didn't care for it..as for my height, do you think that one sip is the reason why I'm only 4ft 11 3/4...LOL!?

Deana~ How was curves today?? It must be nice having hubby home for a while..enjoy every moment of it..time seems to fly by when hubby is home.

Michelle~ I'm sorry you didn't sleep well last night. I heard of build a bear..did Taylor enjoy it?? Maybe that's an idea for a birthday present, no?? I'm sure they have to have one near by. I've never tried bare essentials before either. Who carries it?

Geri~ I welcome you to come kick my husband's butt for me..LOL! If you want some snow I'll glad send it your way. We got at least 6-8inches today.

Roxy~Happy Birthday to Celine!! You don't have to rush on the list, whenever you get it together just let me know. Thanks for doing this for me. Unfortunately, my husband eats just about anything and everything so making a crappy meal wouldn't work for him. I'm just glad he's on the road til Wednesday night so I have time to cool down so I can talk to him rationally when he returns home. Hope you had a lovely day.

Kristin~ I hate it when people tell me that too..uugghh!! Can you imagine if you took them on their word and showed up with nothing..I could just see their faces..LOL!! I was touched by what your little worrior sent you..that is soooo sweet!! I would've been crying too..We take so much for granted when it's the littlest things that matter. You and Michelle really made 2 little people's days. I wish I would've done it now too. Have a nice night.

All you ladies have a lovely night and those of you I forgot please forgive me. Here's to a wonderful OP week!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 07:37 PM   #13  

Hey girls!!

Jeniqua, yes Taylor had a blast at build a bear, actually its not the "real" build a bear but its called Kritter Kingdom and its the same thing she picked a doggie to build and stuffed him, and put a guardian angel inside with a wish, sewed him up, and picked out an outfit, and got a birth certificate. It was sooo fun and I almost cried seeing her having so much fun just spending time with me. It was great!!! The build a bear was 27 bucks total and that was for the animal and stuffing and the outfit and birth certificate.

Geri, how are you doin little lady? I miss youuuuuu!! What's dh gettin you for xmas? Anything saucy ?

Penny how was vacation? Check out our MSN site and let me know if you want to join up in the challenge

Spryng how is work going?

Cindi, are you just loving your new house? I would be soooo excited!!

For everyone who asked about bare escentuals (thats not a typo lol thats how they spell it lol) Its fine powdered "minerals" that is all 15 spf in it and all natural (supposedly) and a tiny amount is supposed to go a long long way, like for the powdered foundation, the residue in the cap of the sifter jar is supposed to be enough for an application, and its not supposed leave that oily crap on your face that liquid foundation does. I'm so excited to try it myself!

Oh Geri, you might want to go to your control panel and then to add/remove programs and look through the list and if you see something that looks like it doesn't belong get it the heck out of there. There is 180 search assistant, gator, several others that are actual programs that are installed on your puter they suck, but most likely you'll know it if you see it one.

okay I have a tummy ache so I'm gonna go find some tums, like you wanted to know that LOL!!
I'll be back in a bit!!
Michelle
Old 12-06-2004, 07:51 PM   #14  
Sherry

Default Better late than Never!

Hi Ladies!
Wow looks like the gangs all here! There are so many posts it was hard reading them all and remembering what you all said to respond So....I'll respond the best that I can!

Jeniqua: My dear friend, I missed, what did that rotten dh of yours do? I'm happy to hear he's on bended knee cause he should be! Boy, he's been messing up alot lately. I'll come too and give him a swift kick if you need me to! How' s your daughter doing? What was wrong?

Michelle: I LOVE Bareessencials! Where did you get it? I order mine from QVC. It's the best makeup ever and lasts FOREVER!!!!

Crystal: I hope you stopped for coffee. I don't really like coffee but I drink 1 cup in the mng for a boost but I use flavored f/f cream. Makes it more tolerable.

Roxy: You kill me girl! Making your DH mac and cheese! What a good idea!

OK, gotta get Taylor in the shower. Hi to all of you I didn't get too! I didn't realize how late it was getting for showers, it's 8pm!
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 07:58 PM   #15  

Sherry I bought mine off of ebay! It just looks soooo phenomenal!! I hope you have a great night!!

Kristin, I'm sooo happy that you heard from Olivia!! How sweet!!! I know you told me that Yugi was gonna come home and I'm so glad you kept a positive attitude cuz I was certain he was gone forever Thanks for being soooo awesome!! I have something in the mail for you for the challenge well Jill and I do, I can't take all the credit. It's not much but it will do the trick

well if you look at my signature you'll notice that my weight tracker came from 3FC!!! Yes we are getting our OWN weight trackers which is awesome!!! You can click on my tracker to take you to the page so you can check it out. They don't recommend using them quite yet as they are still being tested. But they are pretty sweet!

Okay I'm outta here for now I'll be back later!
Love to all!