Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2001, 11:57 AM   #1  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default ~~The Thin Group Labor Day Challenge~~

Hi all you Thinsters,
I was thinking about starting a 4th Of July Challenge, but thought twice about it cause the 4th is in only about a month. So I thought that there is a few months till Labor Day so there is a bigger block of time to get where we want to go, weight wise. So how about it guys?

My goal I think since it is 3 months away will be say to lose 10 lbs. That will be good for me. I also want to get back to where I was 100 % with exercise, water and even journaling-which has ALWAYS been my weakness from the get-go on Weight Watchers. So come on guys where do you want to be at the end of summer? Join us and let us know what your goal is. Also please keep on posting to tell us how you are coming along.

Sassy Sharon
Old 06-07-2001, 12:14 PM   #2  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Count me in!

Here I am Sharon! Perfect timeing!

Well, 10 lbs would be great for me - I would have my 10 lb ribbon AND my 10% keychain! So 10 lbs for me. Also, I need to get back to my strict everyday journaling (I've missed a few days here and there the past couple weeks) NOT a good thing! I need to also work on more exercising - Water is not a problem for me! I drink tons every day!

I also started a new food journal thread ... I'm going to journal on it every day (except when we are up at the cabin - then I will just journal in my WW journal book every day)!

OK - come on guys - come join Sharon and I in the Labor Day Challenge! WE CAN DO THIS!

Love, CJ

Labor Day Goal Wt: 167
Lbs to Goal: 10

Last edited by CJ; 06-07-2001 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-07-2001, 07:47 PM   #3  

Hi!

I'll join the challenge. I've lost 15 lbs. in the last two months and would like to lose another 15 lbs. by Labor Day. I'll also start exercising more. I'll report in weekly with my progress.

Let hear from the rest of you!

Trish
Old 06-10-2001, 07:46 AM   #4  
CJ

Default goodbye ....

Well, we're just about "on our way" ... going to be up north for over 2 weeks so am going to work really hard to stay OP! Wish me luck everyone! Going to try to hit the meeting up there for weigh-in ... that should keep me on the straight and narrow! See ya when we get back! Love you guys! Hope to see more smiling faces in our Labor Day Challenge too when I get back home.

Love, CJ
Old 06-11-2001, 06:04 PM   #5  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Yahoo!

Well I did fairly well today at my Weight Watchers meeting. I lost 1.2 lbs so I am on my way to my 10 lb loss by the 4th of July. I have tried this week and have been getting back on track. So this week I will really try and see if I can get some more weight off toward my goal. I have also been pretty good about exercising-about 4 times this week and drinking my water. Not so great in journaling though. Will try harder this week!

How is everyone doing so far guys? Trish-Great you have joined us. How have things been going for you this week? Let us know, hopefully great. You have done so well with your 15 lb loss. YOU DID IT ONCE YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN!

Hey CJ, glad you joined too. I knew you would. I know you love a challenge as do I. Have fun at the cabin, enjoy yourself, do you best and that will be enough. See you when you get back.

Come on and join in with CJ, Trish and myself Thinsters. This can only help us get to where we want to be. Hope to see lots of others in here soon. It is not too later to jump on the bandwagon. COME ONE COME ALL!

See you later, Sassy Sharon
Old 06-16-2001, 11:04 PM   #6  
MK

Smile

Okay I am in. I want to be below 240. That means I will have to lose 8lbs. If I am realllllllyyyyy lucky, I will be close to 230 by Labor Day. I will weigh in again sometime this week. I will TRY to make myself start exercising AGAIn See you soon Mary Kay
Old 06-19-2001, 01:51 PM   #7  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Well OK then...

I just posted on the "usual" Thin Group thread that today is my 1-year anniversary of joining (this time around) WW. I've lost 35 lbs. and was hoping to be at 150 by my 40th b-day exactly 3 months from today. Um, don't think it's going to happen.

But I'm in on the Labor Day challenge. To get to 150, I'd have to lose something like another 17-20 lbs. in 3 months. (Don't even know my official weight at this moment! Think it's 167.) Don't think it's going to happen. But I really needed to get into this challenge today so here I am.

I've averaged almost 3 lbs. a month for the past year. I want to "up" that average to 4 lbs. a month up to my b-day in mid-September. That would be 12 lbs. by my b-day so I think it's safe to hope for 10 lbs. by Labor Day.

How's that for logic?
Jo.
Old 06-23-2001, 10:07 AM   #8  

Hi!

I've lost 6 lbs. since joining the challenge for a total of 21 lbs.! Since Labor Day is still ten weeks away, I should be able to meet my goal of 15 lbs. by Labor Day / 30 lbs. total.

Jo, 35 lbs. loss is great! I bet you can lose 10 more by Labor Day.

MaryKay, glad to see you joining us in the challenge.

Sharon and CJ, how are you doing?

Come on everyone, join the challenge!

Trish
Old 07-02-2001, 05:47 PM   #9  
CJ

Default Goal update.....

Hey just wanted to report in before going back up to the cabin. I have stayed OP - even got some exercising in (walking and bike riding). My goal is to lose 10 lbs by Labor Day and I am happy to report that I have lost 2 1/4 lbs towards that goal.

Labor Day goal wt: 167
Lbs to Goal: 7 3/4

Love, CJ
Old 07-06-2001, 10:08 AM   #10  

Hi!

Since my last update, I've lost 3 more lbs. for a total of 9 lbs. for this challenge. I've lost a total of 24 lbs. overall. That leaves 6 more lbs. to lose by Labor Day.

CJ, nice job losing 2 1/4 lbs! I bet you'll lose 10 by Labor Day.

Sharon, did you lose 10 lbs. by 4th of July?

MaryKay and Jo, how are you doing?

Trish
Old 07-06-2001, 11:11 AM   #11  

Well, here I am guys! Totally embarassed by my weight gain - up to 180 lbs when I began WW123, again, on July 4th. That is more than I weighed when I joined the Thin Group 2 1/2 years ago. I think it is time to discard all those old numbers and begin again fresh at 180 lbs.

I would really like to lose 10lbs by Labor Day. That gives me about 2 months to do so. It would be terrific if it were more, but I am like CJ and lose very slowly as a rule.

So if you don't mind, I will join you in this challenge. I really need a lot of support right now. This will be Day #3 for me and feeling better and more positive. Good luck to all of us! Love, G
Old 07-06-2001, 03:15 PM   #12  

Hello All
May I join your challenge though as I'm in UK I don't know when Labour Day is. I am due at the doctors on Monday for my latest weigh in so I will let you know my weight after that and tell you what I hope to achieve.
Old 07-06-2001, 04:23 PM   #13  

Hi there, Cherrycoke. Welcome. Nice to have you with us.

In answer to your question - Labor Day is September 3rd, both in Canada and the U.S.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. Love, G
Old 07-09-2001, 11:42 AM   #14  

hello all
I've just come back from the doctors and I've lost another 7lbs, that makes 28lbs since 30 April 01. I am really pleased with myself.

My present weight is 251lbs and I aim to lose another 10 by Labour Day.

Heres hoping
Old 07-13-2001, 09:24 PM   #15  

Hello Ladies!

Count me in for 10 lbs by Labor Day! I'm not happy with my current weight (258 ) but that's why we are all here!! So I'll work on those 10 lbs!

Good luck ladies!

Sylvia
Closed Thread