Old 12-05-2004, 08:08 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives #307

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 08:19 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Morning

I slept better. I am going to tell you that every time I earnestly pray to God for a good night's sleep I get one. I went to bed at 1000 and Andrew didn't wake up til 300, then wouldn't go back to sleep easily so I laid down with him and slept from 330 to 630. A total of 8 hours with one interruption. I'll take that.
It's raining today, most of the day and probably tomorrow so I'm not sure they'll get much done on the house. That saddens me, but oh well.

Jeniqua, our home is going to be 4 bedrooms, plus an office/classroom. Andrew will have a room, the baby will have a room and the girls will share. It's a total of about 2100 sq. ft. I can't wait.

Okay, kids are already cranky and I want...NEED to finish my coffee. I'll be around all day. Doing a load of laundry, some ironing, some computer stuff and making a pot of chili.
Hope everyone had a great night and I'll TTYL
Old 12-05-2004, 10:21 AM   #3  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey friends

I am on the move, so I haven't long to post. Just wanted you all to know why I am AWOL.

Great work week, DH got a new job that stars tomorrow. More money, safer line of work, GREAT opportunity for advancement!! I love my new position teaching the infant room...and yes, I really do teach them...we have circle time and read, I do music and motion with them and make sure that I spend one on one time with them that I am NOT feeding or changing or trying to calm a fussing child. It's really so enjoyable!!

Michelle, so glad Yugi came home!!

Mel...I am so sorry, but my friend didn't get that gift in the mail to you for me during the work week due to some personal issues, so I will mail it out tomorrow on my lunch break. Sometimes I don't get one, but I will have to take one tomorrow to get it out to you before Christmas! I really thought I had it taken care of. GRRRRR! Oh well, we all make mistakes. Just know it's coming!

Okay, we have no cooking utensils here, so I must go get them and feed the "aminals"

Back on my next break!!

Love to all!
~Cindi~
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:46 AM   #4  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning peoples,
I'm playing hookie from church again. My 2 nieces spent the night last night. I just don't have it in me to get 5 girls ready for church by myself. Dh went to work. We need some money and are a lot behind on the bills. Guess that is what always happens at Christmas time.

Crystal-so glad you got some rest. I bet that feels good.

Cindi-Sounds like you have an interesting job. I don't think I could handle a bunch of little ones. I can't even handle the 3 that I have. Congrats to your dh on his new job. Sounds wonderful!

I better go find me some food. My tummy is a growling and Nicole sounds like she's up to no good...AGAIN! 2 yr olds amaze me. Their minds work so fast and usually its not for the greater good of the household.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:59 AM   #5  
Jeniqua

Good morning ladies! My husband didn't get in til 4am so we didn't go to church this morning. On saturdays my husband does a volunteer shift as a fire fighter and as an EMT. He loves it. I weighed in yesterday and I didn't lose any weight but I know I've lost inches. I'm going to have to start keeping track of inches lost. I notice that when I do the Firm I don't lose weight but I lose lots of inches.

Crystal~ I am so glad you had a good nights sleep! I pray for a good nights rest too when my son is cranky and it always works too. Your house sounds like it's really going to be nice. I can't wait to see pictures. Have a lovely Sunday.

Cindi~ I am glad your husband got a new job. I love working with infants and toddlers too. I have my own daycare. I think it's a wonderful field to work in. If I could afford it I would've had 10 kids of my own but I stopped at 3...LOL! Have a great day!

Sherry~ HI Girl!! Hurry back and post!!

I'll be back later and post some more. I'm just staying home and relaxing today so I'll be around. Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you ladies as well.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:09 AM   #6  
Jeniqua

Michelle~ For my daughter's birthday we wanted to have it at MC Donald's. We are going to have a Birthday party with my family on the 27th with cake and ice cream. When school starts back up we are going to have her Birthday with her friends from Head start at MC Donald's. I really want to get her the life size cinderella barbie. She says 20 different phrases. It costs $100 but I want to make sure she'll appreciate it before I go and spend that much money, you know?? I originally wanted to get her the MY TWINN doll ($119). It's a doll that they make to look just like your child. They are amazing!! I really don't feel she'd appreciate that yet. She'll be 4, do you think a 4 year old would appreciate a life size barbie doll??

Anyone feel free to give me any advice...I really need some..LOL!! I want her to have a big gift for her Birthday.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:07 PM   #7  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Jeniqua-I'm just going to give you my 2 cents worth about the life-size barbie. I think it would depend on how well she takes care of her toys that she has. I wouldn't buy one for my daughter, Kayla, because she is one of those that just doesn't appreciate her toys. Maybe that's too harsh. She appreciates them but still isn't old enough to understand the value of things. A toy is a toy is a toy. I saw those barbies too and thought they were cool but I just can't personally see spending that much money on a toy for Kayla. Of course, I have the child that's in love with the polly pocket dolls and my scene barbie. For Kayla's 4th birthday, we bought her a bike with training wheels. She outgrew if fast and so for her 5th birthday this year, guess what she got? A bigger bike with training wheels. Live and learn I guess.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 03:15 PM   #8  
I'm a homeschool mama

Jeniqua, my 2 cents? I don't think any 4 year olds really appreciate anything. To them it's just a toy. She doesn't know or care how much it cost and even if she did a 4 year old doesn't know what 100 bucks is. I spend like $30 or so on my kids for their birthdays. I think going all out more for the party is better. Having more people there and making that bigger and better is something that she'll more likely remember. I get my kids the biggest things from Santa, that way they don't know I actually spent that much on them. Not that I don't care, but then they think all the things you buy them should be that good. My 2 cents.

The house is coming along greatly. They haven't had any rain, just fog and gloomy dampy weather. But today they will have ALL the walls up and window and doors cut. Tomorrow will be a fresh start with the ceiling joists and then onto the roof. I think by Friday, the roof should be covered. I can walk through all parts of my house now and really visualize all of it.

Okay, I'm gonna get off and do some things before I start a pot of chili.

Hope everyone's day is going well. TTYL
Old 12-05-2004, 03:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Jeniqua, I wouldn't spend that much for Taylor either, she really doesn't Take very good care of her toys now, me and dh do all the picking up and I'll tell her if I see one of the dogs chewing on her stuff and she doesnt care!! So for me, no I wouldn't get a 4 yo that kind of toy, but what about a doll house the fisher price makes a good one with durable pieces that aren't too small.

I hope you are all having a good day! I didn't go to bed until about 5 am so I slept until one. now I gotta get ready for work. I'll post again later from work!
Love to all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 08:45 PM   #10  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Hello ladies!

I've been MIA all day!

Went to the grocery store this morning, dh went to a gun show, kids went with the boys' dad to a magic show in town, oldest ds had a swimming/pizza outing with scouts, 2nd oldest ds went to a friends house, oldest still isn't home, he is at a friends house now. Got my entertainment center all done now. Had to stain over the wood filler today and put movies back in. Now I need to find something to set on top of each shelf on the sides. Dh built it himself a couple years ago and I never did put anything on the sides. Now I see that it really needs something. Besides, if I decorate it maybe the kids won't pile things on it.....yeah right!

Michelle: Soooo glad Yugi came home! Get some sleep tonight girl!

Crystal: Sounds like the house is coming right along! Can't wait to see the finished product! Glad you got some sleep last night.

Jeniqua: My 2 cents worth would have to be the same as the others. No way would I spend that much on my dd. She will be 5 right after Christmas but still.....she is such a tomboy (with 3 older brothers she doesn't have a prayer) and doesn't really like dolls anyway so the most expensive thing she is getting this year is new bedding for her bed. She needs that and will remember it every night that she sleeps on it. I know she will appreciate them. Of course I have 4 kids who whoop and holler when they get clothes for Christmas, probably because it's usually something they wanted before that I refused to buy them .

Cindi: Hope your move is going smoothly and so glad you are loving your new job.

Where is everyone else? I know it's the weekend but this is SUPER quiet!!!

I'll probably be around tomorrow morning then dd has preschool.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 09:42 PM   #11  
Jeniqua

Thank you ladies for all your inputs. I agree with all of you. I agree with all of you, that's why I asked for your inputs. My daughter doesn't take the best care of her toys either. I like the idea of the doll house.. Crystal, you are so right..kids do love just having people fuss over them on their birthday!! I think I will buy her clothes for her birthday(kids can always use them ) and just go all out for her Birthday party with her friends in Janurary!! Thanks again everyone, it was greatly appreciated.

My daughter gave me a scare tonight. She was eating her lunch and came into the kitchen saying she was cold. Her lips, nails and face were like a bluish purple. I told my husband that I needed to take her to the emergency room and he told me to relax that she was fine and just cold but I flipped out because this is what happened 3 months ago when I found out she had pneumonia. She had to be hospitalized. He wasn't there(he was on the road working) so he didn't understand where I was coming from. At the moment I just wanted to run and take her to the doctor's!! My husband is an EMT but he couldn't for one moment just think about the fact that it was his daughter!! My husband had to leave to go back on the road tonight and I just wanted to make sure she was okay. My husband refused to take me so I called a friend and she took me. I was very hurt, I really felt like he didn't care that our daughter could have pneumonia again! It turned out that she just has an ear infection, thank God! Then I came back from the DR. and asked him to please go pick up her prescription and he flipped out, told me I couldn't call and ask him if he could pick it up! I didn't think I should have to ask him to pick up her prescription. When he left he acted as if nothing happened and wanted to be loving, I don't think so!! I'm still very hurt. If you truly love your family you would put us first before everyone and everything else but he doesn't and I'm just sick and tierd of it..I'm so sorry I'm rambling on, just very frusterated. I better go, everyone have a nice night!!
Old 12-05-2004, 09:49 PM   #12  
a.k.a. Roxy

Evening ladies!

We had our b-day party today for Celine, she three now! She was so excited! We of course were pretty preoccupied today with that. Okay I'll fess up now, I had a piece of cake!

Crystal-soo happy you got a good nights rest for once! Back to the grind tomorrow!

Deana-Hey! Hope your enjoying your evening!

Michelle- Till 5:00 am?! Hope at least you were having fun!

Cindi-Hope your move goes okay, Glad DH got a better job! WTG!

Chris-Howdy! How ya doing? Hope you had a good Sunday!

Jeniqua-Here's my 2 cents...I agree with all the rest with one addition. Once you start spending big money on things it will be expected ALL the time. Barbies now, expensive electronics and jewlery later!

Well hi to all of you other moms that I missed today! I think I'm going to go to bed early tonight and get up early and play with the LAUNDRY! Take Care!
TTYL
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:21 PM   #13  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey Ladies

I had an exciting day. NOT!!

We just have a few small things left inside and the whole basement at the other house, but it shouldn't be too bad. Today I went to the car to get something and Christian closed the door behind me and locked himself in and me OUT!!! The kids were all outside and dh was gone, so I went to find him( thankk GOD my purse and keys were still in the car, just didn't have a house key) and he passed me in his truck. He had the key...but when we tried to get in, the key broke in the lock!!!! I managed to hold it together and get to our landlord's house to get an extra key...but he wasn't home, so his wife just gave me all of her keys and we actually found one that worked on another door here!! Christian was fine, but his siblings were quite upset and worried about him! We have some old locks...like dead bolts, that will open with the door and lock behind us. Other than that, we like the house. This house is so old that the kind of doorknobs and locks don't exist anymore. The walls are wood, not sheetrock. I just hope I don't find any critters here...I didn't think about that aspect of having an old house. I am really going to have to be a stickler about open food and eating anywhere except the kitchen. I guess I need to get some plastic containers soon.

Jeniqua...so sorry about DD and that DH of yours...I hope your child gets well soon, how scary!!!!!

Sure is slow here today, I think I'll get some rest...my job will be rest after the weekend I have had.

Love yas!!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 07:19 AM   #14  
I'm a homeschool mama

a new thread is started...#308