Old 12-05-2004, 02:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default OT - people!

Ugh! I went to my boyfriend's christmas party tonight, and while I had an alright time (considering it was a christmas party with people I didn't know), I had an unnerving experience. This girl who works with my boyfriend, Nikki, was literally hanging off my bf all night long, when we first arrived she asked my bf if he was going to buy all her drinks all night long. I butted in and said, if he's getting anyone drunk, it'll be me, his girlfriend. That was just the start, I think she was moving his chair closer to hers whenever he got up, because by the end of the night I was sitting along and he was almost right beside her. So does she think she can do this because I'm overweight? And do I become more invisible the larger I get? Because the more weight I put on, the more girls seem to hit on my bf when I'm around. And I fully trust him, he loves me more than anything, infact he's sitting on the couch blowing kisses to me, but how do I let these girls know that if they keep flirting with him, I *WILL* sit on their little twit bodies and crush them? Because I can. I mentioned my issue with one of my bf's coworkers that I like, and she said she's help me kick that girls *** if she laid another hand on my bf (the girl was touching his arm and laughing at something he said). I'm sorry, I am venting again... but omg, she must die!!!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Amiee,
I'm not saying you shouldn't trust your BF. What was he doing/saying when she was touching and saying these things to him? How would of you handled it if a it was a male co-worker doing/saying these things to you with your BF next to you? Give it some thought and talk with your BF on how it made you feel and if she acts that way again (I hope not) you BOTH will know just how your going to handle it. If she doesn't get the HINT after that kick her !!!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:32 AM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Also keep in mind that this girl may have had a few drinks even when you got there and all manners were out the window. Did you see the dr. phil show where they got this group of total strangers together and let them drink to their little heart's content and got it all on tape how they acted? Of course all done with the people's permission. Most of the girls didn't remember a thing the next day (or were saying) but inhibitions are GONE! I can totally understand how you would feel being in some what the same situation, good looking hubby and me being overweight.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:55 AM   #4  
PamPSM644

I think your boyfriend is the one who should of set boundries. He should of gently but firmly told this girl he had no interest in her and her unwanted attention. By his slience or treating it with humor he only encourages her and makes you look like a shew. If this still doesn't work I'll be happy to sit on her for you.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 260.5/163.5/147

I don't think she is showing you any respect to act like that. It's not necessarily to do with your weight though - she may have acted like that anyway. Some girls think of it as more of a 'challenge' to go after someone who is off limits.

I agree with the others though, I know it was an awkward situation but maybe your b/f could have put his foot down with her a bit more. Drunk or not, she'd have got the message well and truly then and might have even been embarrassed/apologetic about it.

Your b/f obviously adores you though, and if you look at it another way, it's nice to have other girls give him attention but to know that you're the one he's with and the one he wants!
^^Angel^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 01:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

When I brought up the subject with my boyfriend, he had no idea that she had touched his arm, or was even flirting. And after that he wouldn't say a word to her, I really should have said something earlier in the night! And I did consider that she was drunk (she seriously downed her drinks like they were shots), but when she first arrived she was very sober, and even then she was totally flirting with him. I will see if he feels comfortable with talking to her about the flirting thing if she does it again, and I will definitely be going into his work more often, heh.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 06:27 PM   #7  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Aimme -

Boys are soooo funny. The Cute Boyfriend is OBLIVIOUS when women are hitting on him. And it's even tougher in a work situation because it's not like a club - he can't be like, "Yo! Hobag! Back off! I've got me my woman right here!" because the next day he's got to work with her. Making your boyfriend aware of it is smart. Now, he can avoid it.

I thew a huge party on election night and we invited a girl we barely knew to the party (she was a big political person and worked on the same campaign we worked on). He hung on my boyfriend the whole party. He didn't even notice! It was very aggrevating.

I have thought about pulling the girl over to the side and saying, "Perhaps you don't relaize this but you're coming off as hitting on my boyfriend..." But who wants to be that scary woman?
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 09:09 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

The thing that bothers me most about this is her scooching her chair closer to his.

I think next time you're in a similar (work related, or otherwise) sitch w/this woman, don't sit next to her, just say something like, "We really should mingle." and smile. Tha puts the onus on her of being clingy.

Good for your b/f for ignoring her after you said something to him, though.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote