Old 12-04-2004, 07:35 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives #306 ~SATURDAY~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 07:47 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Morning

Hello ladies. Well, I don't know what to do with Andrew. I realized Tylenol didn't help him in any way so I got him some 8 hour childrens ibuprofen and gave to him last night. Didn't help. I went to bed at 1000, he woke up at 1245 and wouldn't go back to sleep, I laid with him and just doze off and on and finally got up and got my bed at 210, slept until Andrew woke up at 430 and dh said just put him up here, which I hate to do but can't help myself when I'm exhausted and his bed is TOO uncomfortable and then we slept soso until 600, when we finally got up. I just don't know what his problem is and I don't know how I'm going to handle a newborn that gets up every few hours and him. I'm sure it will work itself out.
Well, thanks to all of you for your concerns. Of course Mel, I can't stay off my feet, my kids don't allow that. I know everything that is happening is normal, I just feel like it's happening alittle sooner than it should. I'm still 4 weeks away from being in the safe zone, but luckily I go to the doc on Tuesday so he'll check me out.

Anyways, today my mom is taking the girls with her for the day. She's going to my sister's to babysit ALL 8 kids while sis and bil go out for a while and she wanted to take my girls. I reminded her that would be 10 kids and one is a newborn but she knows. So that just leaves me and Andrew. We're gonna clean my mom's house and do some laundry there.

Deana, I went to the post office yesterday but literally there was NO parking place and I had all three kids with me. But today, I'll only have Andrew and I'll be out alot earlier so I'm gonna run by there and get your gift out.

Spryng, good luck studying for Monday. I hope you enjoy your weekend with dh.

Jill, glad to see you around these parts.

Hello to Michelle, Ginny, Geri, Jeniqua, Sherry, Roxy, Chris and all you other desperate housewives. I hope you have a great day.

I'll be around later today. They didn't get ALL the walls up yesterday, but most of them so between today and tomorrow, all the interior walls WILL be up and by Monday they'll start the framing of the ceiling and roof. It's amazing, you can actually walk through each room now. The master bedroom, livingroom and office don't seem as big as I had imagined, but all the kids rooms seem bigger. They'll finish up the walls in the kitchen and then I'll be able to walk around that and see what I think. Even though these rooms don't seem as big, I'm coming from a two bedroom house, so it really wouldn't matter how small, it'll all seem huge.

Okay, enough babbling. I'm gonna enjoy my coffee before the rest of these little ones get up. TTYL
Old 12-04-2004, 08:13 AM   #3  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning everybody!
Dh just left for work a couple of minutes ago and when he's up so am I even, when it's a Saturday! Slept like the dead after shopping. Baby slept with us, boy he LOVES that! I love shopping for babies and toddlers, all that Fis-Pric and PLyskl stuff! I'll probably play with it on Christmas morn! They had alot of tweenie stuff at walmart and I know I'll go back! Just can do to much that much shopping in 3 hours.

Michelle-Oh NO!! I hope you find Yugi!! Has he ever run away before? My MIL has one of the same kind. I was going to spell it but thought better. He's always trying to make the escape! She has to be very careful! He leads a very interesting life for a dog. His breeder had a b-day party for him and his sibs with cake and presents. He gets groom regularly and wears a bandana round his neck! Adorable! I'll say a lil' pray Yugi is okay!

Morning Crystal, I know you're awake cause you started the new thread. I hope you got a better night's rest last night! Hope DH get alot done on the house today! Take it easy at Mom's today!

Hey Evil Twin- glad to see you! Been living the hectic life, huh?

Jeniqua-Poconos! OOOOO! RRRRRRRRRRRRR! How do you spell that sound that Roy Orbison makes in pretty woman? That's what that's supposed to be!

Sryng- I'm glad you made it in last night! Your day must be long! Are you planning something fun today?

Hi to all you other moms just waking up today, Have a great Saturday! I have to bake a birthday cake andget ready for tomorrow's party. As always, lots to do. TTYL
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:24 AM   #4  

Morning Ladies!!!

MIchelle, I am god you must be a reck! Did you find little Yugi???? Let us know. I feel so bad for you and the kids, they must be sad too. Praying you find him.

Crystal, I know what you mean. You are going to have to try your best to put your feet up as much as you can. Believe me. Don't take any chances. If you think it's more then get your feet up. Put something on TV for the kids and give them a snack and sit. I had Patrick at 34 weeks and it wasn't pleasant. You don't need a child withh problems with all that you have going on. We are still working at the problems, but thank goodness what's left is minor. Hope you get a decent night sleep soon.

Hey Roxy, Hope you have fun shopping again. I love to shop this time of year. It's so pretty everywhere.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 10:07 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning girls,
I had a busy day yesterday. Well okay, I slacked off and went to my sister's to get some baby time in. Helped her do some laundry and watched ELF. Really a cute movie.
Tiana had a performance last night at a Christmas Tree Festival for the honor choir she is in. The festival raises money for victims of child abuse. They decorate 40-50 Christmas Trees and auction them off at a special gala dinner. Then they put them down at the Metra and let the public view them. It's neat. They have Christmas vendors and music and the trees. I bought Nicole a home-made Christmas stocking. It is so cute. If they would have done it sooner, I would have sent one to you, Jill.

Crystal, when I had Nicole, I had some false labor early. Not too comfortable. One night it went for 5 hours and I couldn't decide if I need to wake up Kelly or not. They were strong but not regular. You poor honey, I wish I were there. I'd watch your kids so you could get some sleep. I hate to hear you being so exhausted. BTW, I ran into an old friend of mine and she has been living in texas. She said where and I know you have mentioned it in the last couple posts but I can't remember the name...it starts with an M...

Roxy-You little power shopper... I love looking at the toys. My favorite part. I really get into shopping for kids. I poop out when it gets to adults, then just wish the shopping were over.

Michelle-Did you find Yugi yet? I hope so. Thanks for the links too. When does this BLC start?

Jill-Glad you like your gift. Keep those little tootsies warm.

OH before I forget...Ginny got me a subscription to WW magazine and a tealight candle with a frosted glass holder (very pretty). I love it. I've been looking through the magazine and found some things I'm going to try out on my family. It was a perfect gift, because I never splurge on a subscription to any magazine for me. Now I have a gift idea and am going to do it for some of my hard to shop for relatives. I have plenty of those.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 10:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Girls!!

We haven't found yugi yet but hopefully someone will call today if they have him and then see th ad in the paper. Yugi didn't have tags yet because he was too young for a rabies shot and the county won't register them until they have a rabies shot

The BLC will start next friday, I want to give Penny a chance to sign up if she wants to

Well, I didn't get very much sleep last night, so I'm gonna rest today before I have to work a 10 hour shift I hope you all have a great Saturday!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 01:06 PM   #7  
I'm a homeschool mama

Michelle, I am so sorry about Yugi. Keep us informed and I hope he shows up soon.

Chris, I live in Terrell. It's about 45 minutes or so East of Dallas. Even closer to Mesquite. THought maybe that was the "M"? I know mine hasn't been false labor just some strong braxton hicks. Anyways, I'll try to catch up on some rest later.

Mel, I know what you mean about some rest of off of my feet. I try to alot. But it's never ending...someone needs this or that or help with this or there's a fight or dh needs me or you know what I mean. I go to the doc on Tuesday, I'm sure they'll be able to say how things are going.

I've got to get lunch for dh...see what I mean. Gotta go.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:23 PM   #8  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Everybody must be busy with Christmas preparations. I've been hanging around the house getting caught up on housework and laundry. Laundry is a never ending problem. I have 2 more loads to do. Almost done.

Crystal-I'm going to have to find out what city my friend, Miea, lives in. I just happened to bump into her at the festival of trees. She is in town because her grandmother is dying. What a horrible time for that! Anyhow how are you feeling today? It's getting so close. The end of it all seems to take forever...

Michelle-No Yugi yet? I hope that you find him soon. Another bad thing that can happen around the holidays. I'm so sorry.

To the rest of you mamas...where are you? Okay, I'll give you all a break but I'll be checkin back later.... The kids are fighting like crazy today. I'm getting so frustrated. I just want to leave for a while but there is no one home but me. I soooooo need a break.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 05:37 PM   #9  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

Michelle...crossing my fingers that you find Yugi soon.

Did some shopping today too...got a few things for the boys. I figure I'm about half way through. The decorations are up outside but we need to do the inside. I'm afraid that Tony will destroy the tree...I call him "Captain Destructo". He loves to tear books apart and then say "naughty" and gets into EVERYTHING no matter how much you tell him to stop. 18 months is a stinky age! .

Hope you all are having a great day.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 05:57 PM   #10  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good afternoon ladies!

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

Michelle: I'm hoping you find Yugi soon! How scary for the whole family.

Crystal: Did you happen to get my package today? They said it should be there today but we all know how the Post Office is! Let me know when you get it. I can't wait to see how you like (or dislike) everything. Get off your feet girl! I had Matthew at 34 weeks too and it can be very scary. Luckily he didn't have any lasting problems, but they prepared me for them anyway. He was jaundiced and had to tay in the hospital for 6 days but nothing major.

Roxy: Glad you got some shopping done. I play with the toys in the store....until I feel like someone is watching me...lol

Geri: Glad you got some shopping done also. I am mostly done except little things like stocking stuffers and for parents. Still waiting on stuff from LTD in the mail, and Walmart is in layaway til the 15th.

Mel: Hope you're having a great day!

to all you other sahm's.

We have been expanding the entertainment center today and putting trim down beside it. It's about 3/4 the way done. Gonna go work on it some more and then find something for supper.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 06:30 PM   #11  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Getting dinner almost done. Smothered pork chops, chicken broccoli noodles, corn and cornbread. Sounds good to me. The girls are home from being with mom all day. They're always so cranky when they've been gone all day.

Deana, I didn't get the package today. I will let you know when I do. I got yours mailed today and they said 4 days, so I'm hoping sometime between Wednesday and Friday. It's only one thing, really cute though. I wanted to get you more, but I couldn't. Hope you like the one thing I did get you.
I don't think I'm having this one too early. I'm trying to take it easy as easy as I can with three others. The only thing getting to me is Andrew's sleeping. I can't figure out what makes him go through these phases of not sleeping and then he'll sleep well for several nights. I didn't get a nap today and don't usually anyways.

Tomorrow, I'm staying home all day I hope. Gonna get the last load of laundry done and some ironing and make a pot of chili tomorrow. It's suppose to rain in the morning but then give way to sun in the afternoon so I hope they get to work on the house. They didn't today, our framer, my mil's hubby had other plans. But dh did some little things that did have to get done so not a total loss. We're hoping by the end of next week we'll have a roof deck and that will be really nice.
Okay, gotta go check dinner.
TTYL
Old 12-04-2004, 08:18 PM   #12  

YUGI IS HOME!!!!!

I am sooooo happy and sooo relieved!!! I called DH as soon as I got the call from the woman, my faith in people is restored and my kids are happy again. Zhaun called me after they dropped Yugi off and I could hear Taylor in the background screaming about how happy she is!! I was bawling like a baby!! I can't tell you how happy I am lol!!

Crystal sounds like your house is coming along quite nicely! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Deana, are you going to join the BLC? I have forms and stuff up on the MSN site if you want to

Okay I'm at work and I have to work on my paper for school too so I'll come back and post later!!

Love to you all and thanks for your prayers for Yugi's safe return, they worked!!

Michelle
Old 12-04-2004, 08:40 PM   #13  
Jeniqua

Good evening ladies.,.Today has been really hetic. I didn't wake up til 11am this morning! My daughter was invited to a bowling birthday party. She had a blast. It won't be long now before I'll be planning her own birthday party. She'll be turning 4 on December 27th. After the party my daughter and I went to visit my best friend Tabatha who has MS. We stayed there for about 2 hours. We then came home and decorated our Christmas tree. Unfortunately I haven't exercised all day and haven't kept up on my water. I really, really can't wait for this challenge to start.

Crystal~ It sounds like your house is really coming along!! I know you can't wait until it's all done. How many bedrooms is your new house going to have??

Michelle~ I am so glad your puppy was found! It didn't take long either....thank God for answered prayers!

Roxy~ Hello!! I'm glad you got alot of shopping done..Hope you're having a lovely Saturday!

Deana~ Hey Girl!! I hope you had a fabulous day!

To all you other SAHM's hope you're all having a lovely weekend!

I better go, my 2 year old wants quality time with mommy
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:04 PM   #14  

Jeniqua, I couldn't even drag my butt out of bed until I had to go to work lol thank goodness Hubby was home lol. What are you going to do for your daughters bday party? I love when my kids have a birthday its sooo fun to plan it out!! I'm glad that you signed up for the BLC I just want to wait til Penny gets back from vacation so she has a chance to sign up too I hope you have a nice relaxing evening!!

Michelle
Old 12-05-2004, 12:25 AM   #15  
a.k.a. Roxy

G'evening to all you night owls-

Just checking in before turning in. Michelle, I am soooo glad that you found Yugi! I bet you are so relieved! Now I can go to bed happy too.
I'm not going to stay up longer but I am just a little wound up, don't know why, I've been up since 6:00. Good night all you moms, I'll try in pop in tomorrow. We're going to have a b-day party but maybe I'll get a chance to sneak away and talk. See ya tomorrow!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote