View Poll Results: If You Had Only ONE Hour To Waste, Which Would You Rather Do?
Visit A Friend 3 30.00%
Work Out/ Jog-Run 1 10.00%
Read A Book 1 10.00%
Watch TV 1 10.00%
Shop 0 0%
Clean The House 0 0%
Bake 1 10.00%
Sleep 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 07:31 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#17)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 09:56 AM   #2  

Hey all! I got married on Tuesday, Nov. 30th!

Just wanted to let all my Floozie friends know!

Cheryl
Old 12-02-2004, 10:00 AM   #3  

Dang ticker! After just a "slight" bit of holiday/honeymoon over-indulgence it goes three pounds (actually five, because I HAD lost two more!) the wrong way!

Good thing I won't be going back home before around Christmas time!
Old 12-02-2004, 04:02 PM   #4  

Yeah it is the day after.....man it was good but am I sore and beat. It was marvelous. We stayed at the Imperial Palace. It is right in the middle of the strip. It is not as new as grand as some of the other hotels but it was perfect location.

We took so much in, in just five days. It felt like we toured the world.

At the Eiffel Tower in Paris we had hot steamy (no not sex!) french onion soup with a fresh baquette, topped off with a decandent raspberry mousse and a smooth mocca latte. Romantic and sinfully scrumptious. La Vie en Rose (I love Paris).

We made a trip to Venice or The Venetian. There was a relaxing romantic gondola ride that glided down the Grand Canal in authentic Venetian gondolas. It floated beaneath bridges, besides cafes, under balconies and through the vibrant Venetian streetscape as your gondolier sang. It left us in awe.

Margaritaville with Jimmy Buffet was a blast. We dined on mexican grilled cheese quesadillas, corn tacos with picante salsa, and calamari dipped in ranch sauce accompanied with cervasa. On the hour a scantaly clad senorita blasted down a water slide into a blender of lime margaritas, only to come back out on a swing to preform a class dance act.

My favorite free show was in front of the Bellagio. There was more than a thousand fountains that danced in front of the hotel, creating a breathtaking union of water, music and light. It 's world most famous fountain spoke to our heart with classical, rock, Elton John, and christmas music.

New York we dined on more mexican food, we just couldn't get enough. It's property re-creates the classic Manhattan skyline, complete with 12 New York style skyscrapers, including the Empire State Building, the Statute of Liberty, and a tribute to 9-11. Famous for Cirque du Soleil's "Zumanity" a show that we couldn't miss. We were swepted into the theater by a topless, g-string actor leading to our seats in the " D-for dildo section". It is a naughty, sexy, thrilling, daring show that wets your sexual appetite. Zumanity explores human sexuality from same sex relations to cross dressing. It is a world without inhibitions. The evening after, was romantic and sinful.

So little time filled with so much. We went to our first Martigras at Rio catching beads, a pirate show at Treasure Island, a vintage auto show, a comedy magic show with Mac King, and spent some time sunning ourselves by the pool.

What a great time now to pay for my sins with all that walking and eatting.

Cheryl congratulations and best wishes. That is wonderful. Did you have a small wedding? Don't worry about the weight gain you will lose it again.

Ramona happy belated brithday. I am sorry that you spent it alone. I have had some special occassions when I have been alone. I know how you feel. The last one was our anniversary and no one even called. We can feel pretty down about it. I hope that your knee is recovering fast than the doc's expected. That was a nasty fall.

Gayle I know the old feeling when one of your babies turn 20. We are the same age and my oldest is only a year older. Strange feeling though. Wish the big girl happy birthday for me. We have a bit of snow and I am like you I don't like it. That is why I keep running away. Maybe next time I will run away with you. You need to keep posting you inspire and motivate everyone. I look forward to reading your posts.

Sherry I am not sure who it hurts more when we have a child that is hurting, I sometimes thing it is the mother or loved one that hurts more. With all the pain that I have been going through I sometimes think that it hurts Larry more just watching helplessly. Prayers are being sent your way. Keep posting even if you are down. We love you and need your posts. Thanks for taking my number off the board. I wondered about that after I posted it.

Shelley you rock! You are doing great. Left us all in your dust. I am sure your weight can not be an issue now. I am so proud of you.

Carol thank you for the card. I seen your name posting on the big screen in Vegas. I was reading the big winners and her was Carol F***er in big bold letters saying what you won in code. lol When I tried to figure out what you won I realized the code said BMW 04. Man I was on a lot of drugs and it was fun trying to function. Larry and I got a kick out of it any ways. So have you had your car delivered. Just think someone out there is racing around with your car.

Last edited by Deelite; 12-02-2004 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:22 PM   #5  

CONGRATULATIONS AND BEST WISHES TO THE HAPPY COUPLE!!
Old 12-02-2004, 11:44 PM   #6  
Losing it!

CONGRATULATIONS MR. & MRS. BROOKS!!!!!!

Wishing you many, many years of wedded bliss!!!!!

Old 12-02-2004, 11:48 PM   #7  
Losing it!

Dee, your life sounds so thrilling compared to mine. I'm happy you had a good time, you needed to relax before the surgery. Sorry I didn't get you called, this house was crazy all week long!
Old 12-03-2004, 12:12 AM   #8  
Losing it!

You will all want to try this one!!!!

Christmas Cookie Recipe

In case you might be looking for a new holiday cookie recipe...the

Tequila can be either white or gold cuervo, by the way....

Christmas Cookie Ingredients:

1 cup of water

1 tsp baking soda

1 cup of sugar

1 tsp salt

1 cup of brown sugar

lemon juice

4 large eggs

1 cup nuts

2 cups of dried fruit

1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequilla

Sample the Cuervo to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Cuervo

again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer...Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.

Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again. At this point it's best to make

sure the Cuervo is still OK, try another cup ... just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck

in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the frigging fruit off floor. Mix on the

turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose

with a drewscriver. Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who giveshz a sheet. Check

the Jose Cuervo.Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one

table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash

the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to

beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish

the Cose Juervo and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Last edited by gdeann; 12-03-2004 at 12:14 AM.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:46 AM   #9  

Dee-It sounds like you had a heavenly time. You always describe things as if we went with you! You should be a novelist.

Sherry-Would you mind starting an exercise thread for December? I tried to copy yours and post, but it didn't work right.

Tonight is the shower for my friend, then tomorrow I have to be at the race by 6:30AM to get a parking place. I'm getting nervous about running over the bridges. I would hate to be in last place, even though someone has to be the last person!
Old 12-03-2004, 09:32 AM   #10  
Losing it!

Shelley, I'm sending extra good {{{{{VIBES}}}}} your way....I have faith in you and just KNOW you will do great! Regardless if you are first or last in the group, it is an amazing thing your doing!!!!!!! YOU ARE AN AWESOME LADY!
Old 12-03-2004, 12:30 PM   #11  
Carol

CONGRATULATIONS MR. & MRS. BROOKS. HERE'S TO A HAPPY LONG HEALTHY MARRIAGE!!!

Sherry: As always, I love your sign. I understand your pain. Try to stay strong. I am sending a big hug your way [[[HUGS]]]. I love you, keep the faith...

I haven't been posting much either. I am really have a hard time accepting the fact that the doctor is calling me handicapped. It has been in a very depressed mood. Wondering how much worse I will be in a few years. The why me... etc. So much for my pity party.

Gayle: What wonder cookies those must be. I am going to have to make them, maybe they will help my mood.

Shelley: Your one busy woman. Just carry this with during the race tomorrow. We are all with you and cheering you on. We are proud of you.

Dee: I second Shelley's comments. You describe things so well.. I am so glad you had a wonderful trip. These are times you will remember forever.

Debbie: As always my prayers and hugs to out to you and you family. Hope this finds everything going well your well. {{{{HUGS}}} Post when you can. I love ya girl!!

I am at work doing this so I gotta run. If I didn't send a personal message your way I apologize, just out of time. I love all of you. Have a great day!!
Old 12-03-2004, 02:07 PM   #12  

Cheryl are you to busy to post since your married? Hubby got you tied up at the moment?

Gayle those hiccup cookies are wonderful, hiccup! Carol they don't only help with your mood but with the pain too!

Shelley I will be with you every step of the way tomorrow. You will do great. We are there cheering you on. Go Shelley Go! What are you doing for the shower? Did you use any of Gayle's ideas? Don't worry about the shower to much the run is more important.Thanks for the compliment about my writting. I just love to be able to share it with you guys. I only wish that I had the energy to share more. There was so many new experiences.

Carol I like your snow flake ticker. You are doing great with the 15 pounds you lost. You are right Carol holidays times are remembered forever. Those memories will get me through the surgery. As for being handicapped there is always research being done, hopefully they will come up with something to cure you soon. So I guess no BMW?

Sherry where are you? I miss you. Please post soon. I would like to hear from you before I have surgery.

Well I have a ton of things to do. Monday I am having surgery. Larry will post and let you know how I am doing. He will also print out the posts so I am in touch with you all. We are trying to get homecare so that I can stay home this time instead of going to mom and dad's. I won't know until after the operation as to where I am going. Just wanted to share with you that I am scared to go through this again. I know what to expect and this time it will take a longer recover because of the incision will be larger, the nerve is still raw, and I have not healed up from the last surgery. Please remember me monday morning. Sherry will you hold your angel for me?

Love you guys, I will be busy so if I post it will be short. Remember that you are with me in my heart. I know what you are all going through and I will pray for you.

Dee
Old 12-03-2004, 02:12 PM   #13  

Thank you all for the warm wishes!

I have been very busy--not tied up by hubby (unforunately!), but trying to catch up on all the work that piled up while I was gone!

Sorry I haven't been posting like I should!

Carol--thanks for the card! Made me so happy! Try not to let the dr. getcha down--ok?

Dee--I'll be thinking of you on Monday. I'm sure things'll go just fine.

Gayle--great cookie recipe!

Shelley--have fun running tomorrow!

Love you all--

Cheryl
Old 12-03-2004, 05:17 PM   #14  
Losing it!

Maybe the new bride and groom need some handcuffs for Christmas????? LOL!
Old 12-03-2004, 11:27 PM   #15  

Hello

I just got home from the Christmas parade.It was so much fun.This is the 1st time they have had it at night.It started at 7:30. The lights were so pretty! Kinda got me in the Christmas mood.

Dee,
Your trip sounded so nice.I bet you had a wonderful time! You sure deserved it.I'll be saying a special prayer for you as you under go surgery again.What time do you have to be at the hospital? I'll miss you and I'm praying that this time you'll be fixed and never hurt again. Thanks for my Christmas card! Love you!

Gayle,
I need to make some of your cookies! Too funny!!!! Are you in better spirits hon? I'm trying sooo hard to. I just can't shake this feeling I have. I couldn't even get in the mood when I decorated the house. Did Steve make it home ok?

Cheryl,
CONGRATS!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and I hope you have many, many happy years together! Always be good to each other and never go to bed mad.

Ramona,
How is your knee? I hope you're feeling better. I miss reading your posts. Please try to post when you can. I know you're so depressed right now but please remember we'll always be here for you.Somehow, someway, we'll both get through the holidays just fine. How's your Dad & the boys?

Debbie,
I'm so sorry to hear about James' Brother passing. When you can please post. I know everyone misses you here. I know I do! We need to make plans to get together soon.

Shelley,
I'm sorry I didn't start the Dec. exercise thread on time.Forgive me??? Good luck tomorrow!!! I'll be cheering for you!!!!!! Let us know all about it!

Carol,
I'm so sorry that you're hurting. Did the doctor say that you were handicapped now? If so, check into getting disability.I wished there were some medication for you to take so you would never hurt again sweetie. I've been having a lot of pity parties lately. Maybe we should go ahead and make Gayle's cookies!!

Doni & Vicki.......I hope you're doing ok. Please post soon!!! (Hope I didn't leave anyone out)

Good Night Hugs....
Closed Thread