South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 09:50 AM   #1  

Default Bloating pop up

I am so sick of seeing the bloated lady pull up her shirt when I come to this site, lol! I cringe when I come here now!
Old 12-03-2004, 01:31 PM   #2  

I don't see that one. What makes me laugh is all the ads for larger sized clothing. Isn't that the whole point, that we don't want to shop there anymore!
Old 12-03-2004, 01:40 PM   #3  
it's always something

I've never seen that one, but I'd have to say it's appropriate since today's official South Beach newsletter was all about embarrassing gas

Chick, what do you wear in the interim?

The ads I hate are the ones that send you into a seizure from all the flashing! You've probably seen them too, they are usually red and white and HUGE. We try our best to keep the ad networks from showing those.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:48 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good point about the clothes, Suzanne!

Oy, the flashing ones! Hate those!
Old 12-03-2004, 01:51 PM   #5  
I found my hipbones!

You are not seeing things, wendyjo! I, too, get the bloated tummy woman every time I check the board. For the longest time, I got the Special K pop up, then it was free dinner at Red Lobster if you subscribe to these 10 magazines....

I have to wonder exactly how much good that kind of advertizing does for companies. Personally, I am less likely to buy a product if I'm always getting popups from a company. I was actually biased AGAINST South Beach in the beginning b/c a cooking website I went to had constant popups from the SBD website. If a coworker hadn't shown me info on what this diet was, I imagine I'd still be rolling my eyes every time that hit my screen...
Old 12-03-2004, 02:16 PM   #6  

I think it works if you are looking to make a purchase but haven't done anything about it yet. You become really aware of the advertisements that are around and are more likely to stop and read them or click on the site. Once I decided to do SB Diet I have clicked on every advertisement or link I have seen but still not bought the book, only borrowed it.

As for interim clothes - I wore a belt after I lost the first 20 pounds, bought new clothes they were too tight around the belly but fitted everywhere else after the second lot of 20 pounds, and just bought a belt to hold them up last week. My new wardrope is from the regular section of the clothing store (not the one for fuller figures) and I can now buy at shops that don't make larger sizes. I think I will only drop one more size so most of these clothes would be fine with a belt. I hope so anyway, I have spent so much money just lately replacing everything.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:28 PM   #7  

fuzzy, I see the exact same ones that you mentioned, in the same order. But this lady pulling up her shirt so we can see her bloatedness, and it's so big it takes up the whole screen, lol! It just aggravates me everytime I see it!

Well, I'm glad it's not just me at least - misery likes company!

BY the way, I told a friend about 3 Fat Chicks and she asked why it was still called that if all of the fat chicks were on diets, lol! I didn't have a good answer for her!
Old 12-03-2004, 02:32 PM   #8  

chickonthebeach, the clothing issue is the whole reason that I've pretty much been losing my weight in stages. Doing Phase 1 and a bit of 2, buying new clothes and then maintaining until the season is over, then going back on 1 & 2 for a bit and then maintining again. I just can't afford to keep replacing everything.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:03 PM   #9  

I wonder why my pop-up blockers don't stop the bloated belly from showing up?? They block most of the others.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:09 PM   #10  

I have blockers too but they don't seem to work on this site either.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:31 PM   #11  
it's always something

Zelnorm! That must be what you are seeing. Though I don't see a popup or a floating ad, I just see the skyscraper on the side. What you are describing is a floating ad. I wonder why I've never seen it

Some of you mentioned that your popup blockers did not block it or the old Special K ad that ran a while back. That's because those are not popups. Pops launch new windows. What you were viewing was a floating ad, which is a different animal entirely.

For more information on our policy on pop ads, (why we limit them, but also why we can't get rid of them entirely) please see this thread

Wendyjo, we've been known as 3 fat chicks on a diet since the beginning, so it's best to keep the name and let people find us through referrals. However, we can also be found at www.3fitchicks.com
Old 12-03-2004, 05:24 PM   #12  
GARDENING ADDICT

I also get the Zelnorm pop up but I don't think her stomach looks bloated. In fact, I wish mine looked like that
Old 12-04-2004, 08:51 AM   #13  
A Lily from my yard!

Well I can take flat belly chick cause I can X her out. The one I hate is with the big 'ol Cobra poppin up on the side! I think it's for a mortgage company and I hate that one! Yes I am scared of snakes! and alot of other lil critters that crawl around!
Old 12-04-2004, 03:00 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjo
chickonthebeach, the clothing issue is the whole reason that I've pretty much been losing my weight in stages. Doing Phase 1 and a bit of 2, buying new clothes and then maintaining until the season is over, then going back on 1 & 2 for a bit and then maintining again. I just can't afford to keep replacing everything.
I have spent sooo much money on clothes this year and I don't have much to show for it. By the time I have a few outfits suitable for work, the gym, wearing out, and mucking around home thats about 20-30 items of new clothes! It's much healthier to lose weight in batches anyway. I have been doing this too but I would like to think I have intended to do so, but actually I find once I lose about 10-15 pounds I lose my momentum a bit and that odd bit of chocolate creeps back in. Luckily no desire for starches or baked goods though, just chocolate! Oh well, I am entitled to once vice!
Old 12-06-2004, 04:45 AM   #15  

About the clothes...I have 2 thoughts. One, try a second hand store and the other is I know people who have had WLS and they have an exchange of clothes as they drop sizes. Wouldn't it be great if we could do that. Probably all spread out too far but what a neat idea.
Closed Thread