Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 12:05 PM   #1  

Default LA Weightloss #29

I wanted to start a new thread ours got to 4 pages!

Here was my last post on LA WL #28
Marcie, you are doing so well! It is hard to resist chocolate and you should be very proud of yourself!!!

I lost another 1.5 at weigh in this morning. I am back to my quick losing self. I was losing extremly fast in the beginning and slowed down a lot. Now, I seem to be losing quickly again. The only difference is I am less stressed and I am exercising daily! I was the one who the counselor said to limit exercising. I showed her sometimes I do 45 minutes on my treadmill! I have done at least 20 minutes 5 times a week for 2 weeks! (I aim for 35-45 min) I feel so good and I know it is helping!

Anyone, heard of the new cookies? I got a sample today. I usually don't buy any extras but I liked it. They count as a fruit and a starch. I am getting a bit bored and I might buy them. $6 a box I think? A bit much but I may just do it once in a while.

Karen
Old 06-13-2001, 01:25 PM   #2  

Default Friends?

Someone on the last thread mentioned a friend wanting to take her out to lunch at a Mexican restaurant. It clicked something in me that I struggled with in the past. The last time I lost a lot of weight--about 90 lbs.--and really got in good physical condition, I found a lot of my "friends" got a bad case of green-eyed monster. I felt that I was the same person as before, just better, but kept getting little digs that hurt my feelings. All of a sudden it seemed like all areas of my life were up for criticism. I figure that some people get resentful when you have the willpower that they can't muster up for themselves. Plus, they don't have an "enabler" to go chow down with. Be strong--and be your own best friend. And in the process, maybe you can be a positive example to spur someone else on to better health.

Oh, and as for eating in the Mexican restaurant, if you are feeling strong enough to resist the chips, cheese dip, & margarhitas, why not go? Have a taco salad (I get mine with fahita steak), and picante sauce instead of dressing. Just hold the guacamole & sour cream!

I got measured today--in just over 6 weeks I've lost 23-3/4 inches and 29 lbs! I'm psyched!

Tami
Old 06-13-2001, 01:51 PM   #3  

Default Great Job!!!

Congrats to Karen and Tami!!! That is great you guys!! Just went and weighed in myself and I was down 4 pounds!!! YYEEEAAAA!!! I am feeling great today!! Tami, I am afraid at this point I do not have the will power not to eat the chips, salsa, cheese dip and margaritas. I know this and I want to stay as far away from a Mexican Restaurant as possible! Karen, thanks for the encouragement! I am gald you are losing quickly agian! I need to start exercising myself. I know it will help!! Oh and thanks for starting the new thread!

Marcie
Old 06-13-2001, 08:07 PM   #4  
Need Support

Default Way to go gals

Everyone is doing great!
Karen, I had talked to my counseler and told her that someone was saying that their counselers said to slow down on exercise. My counselor said is it feels good do it. It is good for you to exercise, especially if you like what you are doing for yourself.
I am been at choir camp all week at church and telling everyone about Laweight loss. I have at least 4 that are going in for the free counsiltation. I am so excited for them. At LAweight loss they said we get $20 of free products for each person signed up and I said what do we tell people? Hey you need to go to LAweight loss. Since I have lost 30 pounds it is advertisment in itself and people would ask me about it. I just get them all pumped up about the program and I can't believe they want to check into it.
When I use to go to weight Watchers they would tell us to get an accountable partner and I never had anyone because I lived in the next county and it was long distance. I don't think that the leaders think about things like that. But this chat site is great. Love having all of you as accountable partners.
Sharon
Old 06-14-2001, 09:11 AM   #5  

Hi all,

I've been away for a week, we went on our cruise it was wonderful. Key West is a sleepy little town, but has great key lime pie. We tried it frozen on a stick dipped in chocolate. It was delish. I only had three bites, I also had a large Margarita in Mexico, but I was on vacation after all. I weighed in on return and lost 1 1/4 pounds. I don't get it really. Anyway, now trying to get back into the swing of things, struggling a little with staying on plan since we are back. I think because my husband is still off from work. Having lots of company for a father's day brunch, I need to plan the menu too! Ok, kids are out of the house at camp, I'm going to exercise, Hope everyone is having a good day.
Sara
Old 06-14-2001, 09:43 AM   #6  

Hi everyone. I am trying real hard to get myself back on track. I am going to weigh in today, it has been 2 weeks. I know I will gain. I have started exercising on my stationary bike. I feel good knowing I am starting that. I only ride for about 10 to 15 min so far. Trying to start out slow so I will stick to it. It helps get me motivated. It sure has been tough lately. My old self is really raring up. But I am not going to give up. It will be hard this weekend cause I am going to a dog show for the weekend. Lots of socializing and to much wrong eating. I will try to be good though. Well everyone have a good day. I will report after I weigh in.

Lorrie
Old 06-14-2001, 10:28 AM   #7  

Hi, ladies! I was doing so well then I screwed up yesterday! I just wnated to pop in and tell all of you so I would feel accountable. I am goign to exercise more today. My 3 year old ahs been sick and I guess i got a little stressed and dealt with it wrong. I don't know why I did it. I ahve been doign thsi for 6 months and I guess I am getting a little tired of being on a diet. I am goign to try extra hard the rest of the week. I hope I can make up enough for yesterday and not gain at my weigh in tomoorw!

Sara, I am so glad you had a good vacation! We are going on a little one in July. I am a little worried but I think I will be OK. It is mostly for a new job my husband is going to start in 2002. He wants to visit and see is we will like it and figure out the benifits ect. Not a real vacation but we will be out of town. Sometimes I lose when I eat too much and I don't understand why. I think our bodies allow us to cheat some it breaks up the same old food we ahve been eating. I am glad you lost after your trip!

I better go now,
Karen
Old 06-14-2001, 12:20 PM   #8  

Well, I went and weighed in. Gained 3 lbs. Boy, now I have to get busy. So hopefully I will do it before Monday when I weigh in again. Gosh....weekend coming up....my bad times. But I will try this time.

Lorrie
Old 06-14-2001, 12:25 PM   #9  

Marcie--
It's great that you know your own limitations as far as temptations (Mexican Restaurant). I think that's half the battle--knowing what may push you off program, and avoiding it! My problem is that I tend to be an "all-or-nothing" person, which is why I have yo-yo'd my entire adult life. When I good I'm pretty darn good, but when I'm bad...it's a free-for-all. THIS is my challenge...to learn limits on how and when I can "cheat" without going crazy.

Sharon--
Regarding the referral program at LAWL, how about picking up a few business cards or brochures when you go in next time....jot at the bottom, "tell 'em Sharon sent you!", just to make sure you get credit. I know I've mentioned to several people what program I'm on, but haven't told them to mention my name when they go in, so unless they tell me they are going to sign up, I may not get credit...and LAWL may not choose to give you the credit if it's not mentioned at sign up.

Sara--
Wow, you did great to stay so good while on a cruise. I've gained weight (5-7 lbs.) every time I've gone on one--they're eat-a-thons! I just hope I can go to the beach next month for a week and maintain. At least there'll be good, fresh seafood!

Lorrie--
Have you considered going back to the start-up program again? It might give you a weight loss boost that will inspire you to get into it again.

Lorrie & Karen--
You're on the right track, just by showing up here (& at your center), and the exercise is great, too! Good luck this weekend. Get a water bottle sling & keep it with you at all times! Not only will it help you drink your water, it will be a constant reminder of your choice in how/what/when you eat, too. Karen, you've done so great--you're an inspiration. 6months & 70 lbs. WOW!

Tami
Old 06-14-2001, 06:38 PM   #10  
Need Support

Default Recommendations

Hi Tami,
I did take card and brochures in to the ladies I told. I am also giving the names of the ladies to the counselers at LAweightloss.
I had a pampered chef party a couple weeks ago and talked about laweightloss to the hostess and she went down and talked to them and signed up. They did put her name on my chart.
I am going to weigh in tomorrow. I don't have to work with the kids at church tomorrow. I am pooped out from all of the work. We had over 250 kids in crafts.Tomorrow is rehearsal for the program and skate day. Think I will take it off and just drop off my kids.
I sure did get a good workout this week. Hope I lose good tomorrow. I took my lunch and stayed on program all week. Even with the brownies the craft leader brought in. She got me a cute kitchen towel since I cant eat the brownies. I thought that was so considerate of her.
I think my bars are just as good or better than brownies anyway.
Gotta go.
Sharon
Old 06-15-2001, 12:07 AM   #11  

Hi guys
I was having such a hard time with my computer the past week---it kept knocking me off as soon as I would get into 3FC. I was bumbed out because I wanted to tell you all my great news---I weighed in last Saturday---and I LOST 5 pounds!!!!! Total lose for the week=3 (had gained two the beginning of the week) Total now-------48 pounds!!!!!!!!!
I haven't gone in all week---different reasons--but, I have been doing okay during the week--I think I am going to start PMSing--so, we'll see---probably weight gain tomorrow--but, that is okay---I know it will be gone in a week!!!!!

I tried the cookies----one of the counselors gave a sample==she said the blueberry was the best----I didn't care for it--I think the other is oatmeal raisan (I think I might be wrong) I didn't care for it--I am not crazy about blueberries. Anyway--2 bars a day curbes myb sweet tooth
Gonna get to baed--it is just after midnight here and it is hot
Have a great weekend!!!!!!
Margaret
Old 06-15-2001, 07:23 AM   #12  
Need Support

Default Good Job

Fantastic job Margaret!
Keep up the good work.
I have to weigh in this morning.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Sharon
Old 06-15-2001, 01:37 PM   #13  

Angry Back on Track

Hey girls,
I haven't been in to the site for a couple of days. I've been really busy at work! But hopefully I'm back on program. I'm down 20.5 lbs in 8.5 weeks. I'm ecstatic! I'm back OP! I had my time, now it's time to get down to business!

Lorrie
I know exactly where you are at. Just keep hanging in there going to the center and staying with the web site. Give yourself permission to be a little bad and if you have trouble still, then just keep trying. You'll be back eventually. I know you want it; we all want it or we wouldn't be here! I've just gone thru what you're going thru and it's tough! We've developed bad eating habits over all of our life, therefore they are not going to go away overnight, like we all want them too.

Tami,
I agree with you that our bodies allow us to cheat a little so we don't get so bored and give it up! I know I would! If I had of stuck with the program by the book, I probably would have lost more weight by now, but deprivation makes me do worse! I'm happy with an avg of 2+ pound/week. The slower I lose, the less likely that I'll gain it back!

Margaret,
Congrats on the weight loss! You hung in there and got rid of what you had gained plus 3 more pounds! Congrats!!!!

Marcie,
I know what you mean by staying away from places that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you won't be able to resist. I have those places too! Steak and Shake and Pizza places are my worst! We ate Steak and Shake last weekend and it made me so sick! Thank goodness! I don't think I'll be going there again for a while! Tonight I'll eat pizza, it's a Friday night tradition! I'll just watch my portions and eat a salad with it! Keep up the good work, Marcie!

Sara,
That's amazing to have come off of a cruise and have lost weight!!! I've never been on a cruise but from what I here it's a real "food fest". We're going to the mountains for a couple of days in a couple of weeks. I'll be happy if I can just maintain!!!
I'll do the best I can, take my bars, drink my water and eat lots of salads with my meals!

Sharon,
Hey there my Tennessee friend! Sounds like you've really been busy! Where is the camp you've been at? I bet you were able to get lots of exercise! I'm impressed that you made it thru a Pampered Chef party and didn't indulge! That stuff is always so good!!!! Especially when someone else cooks it! I agree, the bars take care of my sweet tooth for the most part, so I try not to indulge into the extras. If I have it around the house, I'll rationalize that it's LAWL, so I can eat it whether it fits in my day or not! Let me know how you like the cookies.

Hope I didn't leave anyone out! Sounds like we've got a pretty good thing going on here! Hang in there girls! We're going to meet our goals! I just know it, if we stick together!

Have a great weekened!
Janie
Old 06-15-2001, 05:46 PM   #14  
Need Support

Default Friday

Hi all,
Weighed in this morning and lost another 1 1/4 pounds, 32 pounds in my 11th week.
Janie, choir camp is like bible school at church. Sunday night is the program the kids have been working on all week. Yes, I did get exercise running around the room helping the kids with their crafts.
Glad it is over. I am drained.
Tomorrow going to a family reunion in Cadiz, Ky.
I am taking some things just in case I run into trouble with all of the goodies I am sure will be there.
I will just take my little cooler with fruit, bars, and maybe chicken.
I don't want to mess up now.
The cookies are good. But like the bars they are expensive. They are a fruit and a starch. It was good the other day when I needed something fast for breakfast. They are $8 a box of 4 or 5 boxes for $30. They are a good size cookie.
Everyone is doing so good. Love this site.
Sharon
Old 06-15-2001, 06:53 PM   #15  

Default Tell Ky. Hello!

Sharon,
We're going to Hopkinsville tomorrow too for Father's Day. Maybe we'll pass on I-24.
I've had a really crummy day and grabbed a box of Golden Grahams when I walked in the house! My husband took it away from me and said if you don't stop eating those, you're going to feel really bad! He's right!

Congratulations on your weight loss today. I was supposed to weigh today but I was so bloated from my lunch, I was afraid I'd be up a pound or two from gas! I ate brown beans and steamed broccoli for lunch! Not a very smart combo but I was in a hurry and it was the safest thing I saw! I may go in the morning before we leave for home.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Talk to you all later,
Janie
Closed Thread