Old 12-02-2004, 06:30 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives #304 ~THURSDAY~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:48 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Early Thursday Morning

Good morning ladies. I slept so so. Went to bed at 1000, Andrew woke up right after 1200 but went back to sleep easily. I'm just so darn uncomfortable I don't sleep great even when I do sleep. So I tossed and turned and remember seeing the clock at 300, then Andrew woke me up at 415 and I got him back to sleep but I never could go back to sleep. Dh had to get up at 500 this morning so I went ahead and got up with him.

Alicia, we don't live too far from each other. Less than 2 hours. When my dh worked, they had a job in Allen so obviously it was reasonable driving distance. And our sons are sooooo close in age, a couple of days. That is so cool. Did you grow up in Allen and go to school there? I'm excited to finally have one of these ladies close to me.

Spryng, glad that the routine is starting to work itself out or at least you're fitting into it better. Those gifts sound really neat. The way I'm looking at my pregnancy is that I could be having this baby next month. Of course towards the end of it, but this is December and I could have it in January, at least that's what I'm hoping. To tell you the truth, as much as I would LOVE to have it early, I really want it to come on the 1st, the actual due date. My first two, Alisa and Ally, their birthdays fall on the 9th of the month and Andrew's falls on the 1st, so it would be neat to have both of the last two on the 1st. But I'll take whatever I get.

Hello to Mel, Michelle, Jill, Jaymi, Angel, Chris, Sherry, Jeniqua, Geri, Cindi, Ricci and all you other desperate housewives.

Well, I'll start seeing walls go up on the house today. And hopefully by Saturday there will be enough up that I can actually walk through some of them. It's starting to get more real and really exciting.
Some good news, dh found out our credit score is alot better than we thought, not that it's going to stay that good, but for now it is and he's trying to get into real estate as an investor, this is the business he's been trying to start and he found out he's approved for financing a low income property at 90 - 95% financing. Which means, he's looking for REO's, these are properties that have been foreclosed and already sent to auction, but not gotten rid of. So they're relatively cheap and he's looking for one with small fix up issues that he can deal with and then turn around and sell. It's called "fast cash". So he's got a realtor looking for some. This is literally his dream so we're keeping our fingers crossed.

Okay, I've got to get off of here and get our school lesson prepared. I'll be around most of the day, so I'll check in later.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:08 AM   #3  
Sherry

Goodmorning ladies! Here I am bright and early! Well....maybe not early it's 9am but I'm here just like I told you all I would be! However not much to report yet today. Gonna go to work and I have my spinning class today. I'm doing really well this week so far w/diet and exercise! I did my 45 min WATP strength tape Monday, Tuesday did my spinning class, off yesterday, I was busy, worked at the kids Holiday boutique at school from 8:30 am till 10:45 then went to work till 1. Took Trent to Blockbuster when he got off the bus and then did some house work. Today I spin again. I'm pretty motivated this month. I think I'm finally reaching the "I can't stand this anymore" point. So keep me motivated girls!

Crystal I'm so glad to hear about your house! That is exciting!!!!!!!

Goodmorning to all you ladies that aren't here yet.

Check in later. OH YEAH....I'm getting my hair colored today! I can hardly wait.
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:45 AM   #4  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning!
This morning we had a small smattering of snow and it stopped but it is still chilly. I have to clean out the ashes out of the woodburner and clean the soot off the glass. Dump the ashes in the garden and then I can have some nice cozy heat for the rest of the day. I'll get my walk in, and be good and stay OP. Today is the first day since Thanksgiving that I feel good. Not a little bloated but good. I believe that I'm down but won't look till end of the week.

Crystal-I feel for ya! It's those last weeks that really make you want to go through the labor part! I am so glad when I roll over in bed that something doesn't hurt! It is all worth it in the end, and it's not so far off now! Are you making progress pictures of your house? I glad it's coming along!

Sherry- nice to have you back! You really sound like an excercise machine, go girl! What color is your new doo gonna be? Something new and exciting?

Michelle- okay...where did you find that pooping reindeer? I have a warped BIL in San Diego that would love that! Point me in the right direction please. I was cracking up. You have a bit of zany in you, huh? Glad all the plumbings working okay too. I hope your doc visit goes okay too.

I'll be back in a little while to chat more but I have to go and do the will of a 2ft-tyrant now. TTYL!

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:25 PM   #5  

Hello all. I want to thank everyone for the encouragement yesterday. It worked. I had an awesome workout!!!! I did 340 situps in all dif kinds of positions. I trained for 30min with the trainer and I did the Arch Trainer machine for 35min and burned 402calories. I feel so much better. I really appreciate your support gals. I have to keep up with myself.

Crystal, I bet you are so excited abou the walls going up. SO neat to see the transformation isn't it. I didn't sleep well at all. both kids were up a number of times. Oh well, at least I got those 2 nights of sleep. right?

Sherry, great job on the 45min WOTP video!

Roxy, Glad your feeling good today. I guess we both r .....have a great rest of the day.

Hey everyone else. Where ru Michelle. WOrk today?
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls

I had to take Yugi to be groomed today he's gonna get a pretty little ponytail and bow in his hair for the holidays

Mel I'm so glad you had a great workout!! It will get you ready for the things I have planned for our Biggest Loser Challenge

Roxy, I got the pooping reindeer at Joannes fabrics here in my town, I think they have a few stores spread around so if you have one then I bet you can get one there or I can pick one up for you when I'm there next Let me know!

Okay I'm gonna have some lunch and then take a nap, I didn't get to bed til 3 last night lol.

TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:26 PM   #7  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Wow this thread is actually slow for a weekday. Guess everyone is staying busy, that's great.

Roxy, I'll bet that snow was pretty. We had a GREAT powdery snow last year, or actually this year back in February. I'd love to see another one like that next year.

Michelle, take a picture of Yugi and share with us. Bet she/he looks adorable.

Mel, so glad you're doing better. Glad that we did our job in supporting and motivating you.

Sherry, yes, seeing the walls go up give it more of a visual. It is all too exciting.

Well, we schooled and I had a short 30 minute nap, not sure that constituted me waking up at 415, but it's better than nothing. The guys are almost done with the exterior walls. They'll probably start the interior walls today. That will be even more fun, we'll get to physically walk through it. Andrew is still sleeping, and has been soooo cranky today. It's chilly outside, but beautiful. We'll go out there when he wakes up and let him burn some energy.
Guess, I'll go find something to snack on. TTYL
Old 12-02-2004, 03:24 PM   #8  

Hey Crystal, glad you got in a bit of a nap anyway. HOpe you feel more refreshed.

Ok ladies, I know with have done the 100oz water challange, but I have found an interesting thing about water. It said, to figure out how much water you need to drink in a day to help you lose weight is multiply your body weight by .66. THat means that I have to drink 135oz of water a day. Ughhhh. I guess I have to add 35 more ounces. I have drank 92 already today. I'll do the best I can.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:56 PM   #9  
a.k.a. Roxy

Afternoon!

Hey Mel, if your water calculation is correct, I'd have to drink 168.3 oz. per day, or just a little more than 5 qts.! Good grief! I think after all those babies, I'd need to wear Depends! . Where did this come from? I'd like to read more about it.
Whew! Thats alot of water! Congrats on the awesome workout!!

Michelle- I'll call JoAnn's (30 some miles away) and see if they have them. That is too funny. Do the jelly beans come with? Thanks for the offer to help. What kind of poochie is Yugi?

Crystal-got a short snoozer in, huh? Well, better than nothing. Isn't this thread quiet today?

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:23 PM   #10  

Roxy, here's the web site that I read it on. I don't know how much worth we should put into it, but I'll try to come close. http://www.1is2fat.com/weight_loss_tips.htm
Old 12-02-2004, 04:37 PM   #11  
Sherry

Hi girls!
Roxy,I'm awaiting my friend/hairdresser as we speak....I'm hoping to go copper and blonde. Right now I'm blonde and brown. Just depends if she stops and gets the new color. If not I'll remain the same! I've been so spoiled, I've always known someone who does hair and never have "had" to go to a salon. Much cheaper this way! LOL!

I did my spinning class today. I'm so proud of myself accept that I think I did too much because I feel sick now! I did what they call jogging when you stand and pedal fast. I didn't do it the whole time the instructor did but I guess long enough for me! Hope my sick tummy goes before Meagan (my hairdresser) gets here!

I never heard that about the water. I'm going to have to figure out how much I need. That should be scary! LOL!
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Roxy when I started my weightloss at 250 lbs I was drinking about 150 oz of water a day! It really helped me out! Yugi is a shih tzu he a cuddly little guy but they forgot to put the bow in his hair!!!! Oh well next time perhaps.

Mel way to go on the water today!! That's awesome!!!

Okay I have some schoolwork to do so I'll be back later!
Love to all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:35 PM   #13  

Sherry, Let us know how your hari comes out. Hope your stomach feels better. Great job on the spinning class. I hope to try it someday.

I'm up to 116oz of water today. Don't know if I'll get to the 135, but geez I'm floating...... Oh yeh, I told my trainer to think of a challange for me to do.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:37 PM   #14  

sherry, 124oz of water for you!
Old 12-02-2004, 07:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Today was a good day for me. I'm tired but got alot done at work. So glad tomorrow is friday!
Anyway, this is just a flyby for me, I wanted to say hello and I may be on again after I put the kids down at 8 pm. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote