Old 11-30-2004, 08:41 AM   #1  

Default The Bulging Beauties!

Since we've graduated to "support group," we've voted for a new thread. I'm off to bed. I was good at work, only water and one small pack of pretzals. However, I had my cheese & mayo sandwich with a glass of milk this morning for my "breakfast" (3rd shift people will eat anything at anytime). And I know it's not good to go sleep right after eating. Go gentle on my ladies.

Lori, how did you make out? I'm curious to see how everyone else is doing as well. Have a great day.
Bulging2Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:33 AM   #2  
tired of being fat

Default New Thread

Thanks for starting a new thread Sarge. I postedon the other thread before you (or while you) were doing this one, but from now on will post only here. To give you a summary, I lost 2 pounds this week. Well, going to do my workout that I wanted to have done already but was still drinking my coffee . Will type to everyone later.

TTFN
Lori
umma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 02:27 PM   #3  

Great job, Lori. I'm so happy for you. Keep up the good work!
Old 11-30-2004, 05:45 PM   #4  
tired of being fat

Default Just checking in

Hello everyone,

I was sitting on the couch, getting bored, haven't started dinner yet, starting to get hungry, was thinking about munchies, and decided to come on here instead. When I am done here I am going to start dinner and stay away from the munchies. I figure if I write it to you then I have to stick to it....right? lol
Anyway, I did get a workout in today. Also cleaned the house. Not to fond of the water today becase I am cold already. I am just drinking it one glass at a time today instead of putting it all in a water bottle and looking at it all day/night, which I think is working better. About every hour or so I get a glass and drink it. Whatever works right?

Thank you Sarge for the encouragemnet. Thats what I needed to read to keep me away from the snacks.

HELP........ MY HUSBAND HAS GONE COMPLETLY NUTS AND IS TRYING TO KISS ME ALL OVER. Sorry he wanted some cuddeling time.

Now I am going to cook some dinner and relax on the couch and watch my shows. (Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill) Type to you later.

TTFN
Lori
Old 11-30-2004, 08:33 PM   #5  

Smile Hi Beauties!

I just thought I would check in and say hi. Well, I asked my boyfriend to hide the scale. He keeps giving me crazy looks , I don't think he's taking me seriously.... He hasn't done it yet. But I'm going to keep on him about it.
Well, today I did better. No candy for breakfast! I had lean meats and salad and my South Beach approved ricotta desert all day. I did snack on some sunflower seeds, but I think they're ok? Does anybody know? I know they have fat and stuff but I'm under the impression that it's the "good" fat like in nuts. Oh, I also had a small hot chocolate I don't think it'll kill my good intentions but it's still a no-no since I didn't make it myself the South Beach way. It's cold and rainy here today though, perfect hot chocolate weather! I know, I know, I've been lacking in the control dept. lately. I did really well for 3 weeks, and this is when I always start slipping. I'm trying really hard not to though (exept for yesterday!) and I've actually done better than usual talking to all of you. I'm so glad I found this group!
Congrats again on all the losses! And I hope everyone has a great night! I can do this! We can do this!

Lisa

ps. Sarge- I don't believe it. I came home and the first thing I did was weigh myself!
ittybit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:24 PM   #6  

oops! I forgot. I also did an hour of pilates this morning-as per goal for the week.

Lisa
Old 12-01-2004, 12:46 AM   #7  
crazy4my6kidz

Smile Hello Beauties!

Good evening everyone! Lori, I have the same problem of munchies before dinner!! AARGGG! I wish it could just fix itself and I would stay out of the kitchen!
I read a journal today of a lady who has lost 97 pounds and her writing made a lot of sense. She wrote that any day she stayed on program she made goal, any day she broke program she didn't make goal. She didn't set pound goals, or anything else, just staying on program. It makes a lot of sense except I would NEVER make goal!! I break some "rule" everyday!! Oh well, I am doing pretty good. I write down everything that I eat and I am getting some exercise. I bought some workout tapes and I am going to start doing them every morning. I got Walk Away the Pounds(thrift store 1.99!) and the beginners TaeBo(bought on eBay but haven't got it yet). I'll let ya'll know tomorrow how it goes!! (No I won't be doing both, just one at a time!!)

Brittney-Good job on the weight loss!! As for the water, I usually try for 100 oz a day. Yes, I spend alot of time in the bathroom!

Michelle-I hope you feel better soon. Don't push yourself on exercise or it will take longer to get better!

Sarge-Cheese and Mayo sandwich??? YUM!!!! One of my favs! I have weaned myself down to 1/2 and fatfree mayo, but the lower fat cheese just doesn't taste as good

Lori-Great job -2 is super! Sorry I never came back on IM the other day but hubby came home at lunch, said he was off till Monday and we skipped town fast as we could! (If something came up at work they would have called him back in!) I'll catch you again later-I have more questions!!
As for your post earlier-Doesn't cuddling burn some calories??!!

Well I better get to bed so I can get up early and do some walking with Leslie Sansone!!

Peace,
Kathy
gfmomx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

Cool There you are!

Hi found you! Had just put message on wanted support board.
oldwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:21 AM   #9  
tired of being fat

Default Morning Ladies

How is everyone doing today? It is rainy and windy and chilly here and I just want to crwl back into bed, bring my daughter with me and take a nice nap. I know thats not going to happen because trying to get her to take a nap is like trying to get my husband to mop a floor.....impossible!!

Anyway, I am going to do another workout today. I really can't wait till Christmas. I am getting an ab roller and a glide machine (kinda like a tread mill). Then I can change up some of these exercises. Kinda getting tired of the tapes everyday. Wow I really am whining today huh? Ok enough of that.

Ittybitty-- you are doing great, keep up the good work. Remember why you started this in the first place. 3 weeks is a start, don't quit now. Think of good it will feel when you can say that you have been doing this for 10 weeks and by then it will be second nature for you. Really stay focused and come on here and we will help you. You can do this. And tell your B/F to put that scale somewhere that you can't find it and stop giving you crazy looks. It's for the better. WTG on the 1 hour od pilates.

Kathy--You said that you didn't think that you are sticking with a goal but somehow you must be sticking to something.You are losing weight and thats what counts. Your also doing it healthy. Keep up the great work. Hope you had fun with your hubby the past few days. My husband and I don't get to see much of each other right now with our conflicting schedules. As far as IMing me.....I am here all day long, on and off the computer, Probably more on then off, so you can IM me anytime. I will answer what ever questions you have. Oh and I am sure cuddling is burning calories. Do you think I can use it as an extra workout?

That goes for anyone. If you need to talk to someone and posting a note just isn't cutting it then look in my profile and IM me. Like I said I am here alot and only work wed, thurs, and friday nights.

Carol--Welcome to the new thread. I did read your other post and WGT on only gaining 1/2 a pound. NOt bad at all considering that you had company and Thanksgiving all in the same week. Keep up the good work.

Well, time to go do a workout, and I will "see" you all soon. Have a healthy day.

TTFN
Lori
Old 12-01-2004, 06:28 PM   #10  

Default Help Needed

Hi everyone,

Lori, cuddling is considered an "extra" but you still have to do a regular workout! Nice try though.

Kathy, I have Leslie's tapes, too. Maybe we'll have to walk together sometime. Read below and you'll see why.

Carol, I hope your sister is doing ok. I'd like to lose at least 50 by June. I have to plan my sister's 40th bday so I'll be seeing a lot of people from high school that I haven't seen in many years. The last time they saw me, I was 140. UGH.

Lisa, you have to tell you BF to get behind you. Don't let it deter you if he's not as supportive as he should be. Is there a friend or family member that would hide the scale? You need to get rid of it. Don't let it have that much power. I don't want you getting discouraged if you don't like the results you see. Besides, your weight will go up and down from water in a day. Stop the madness woman!!!

Ok, now for me. I've been in a major funk since getting back this past weekend. I haven't exercised at all. My side is killing me. I pulled a muscle or reinjured it somehow. I've been eating like . My water intake isn't meeting my goal. Basically, I'm not practicing what I'm preaching. Don't ask me why, but I tend to sabbatoge myself after we visit my family. I think I put so much pressure on myself. My family is very athletic and good looking. They've never said much to me but I know they worry. I also feel self conscience about how I look. I'm pretty much feeling like crap, both physically and mentally. I won't discuss my "party-girl" diet that I've been indulging in. I just want to keep up the exercise through the holidays. I can work on the diet thing in January. Is that a cop out? I feel like the wind has been let out of my sails. I had been doing so well. The good thing is that I'm still hanging around this group. I'd have bailed by now as I have in the past. I actually dreamed about having the surgery last night. I'm really too scared to do it. And as I said in the beginning, I don't want to do it. I want to accomplish my longterm weight loss on my own. I also said I was on a one-way road so I consider this a rest stop, not a U-turn. Ok, that's my whine fest. Help give me the kick in the butt that I need. Bring it on ladies. Thanks for letting me get that off of my chest.

I'm off to get a nap before work. I probably won't check in until tomorrow afternoon. My friend is watching my son so I can sleep tomorrow. Have a good night.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:56 PM   #11  

hey everyone...I just got done doing a 4 mile workout...I have leslie sansones tapes also. Now I am getting ready to fix dinner. I have 2 weeks till school is out. Thank goodness. Well ladies have a good evening. And keep up the good work.

And Sarge....I understand. I have a sister that can talk to wind out of your sails pretty quick!
mrs.ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 09:19 PM   #12  

Hey everyone! How are we all doing today?
Rebecca- I'm about to give you a taste of your own medicine, so be prepared... YES! THAT'S A COP OUT! Are you listening to yourself? You're making excuses and you know it. And you don't need surgery! You can do this yourself! No rest stops allowed! I understand the thing with your thin family. My cousin who I'm very close to, is a size 6 and beautiful. I feel like a whale around her. But get over yourself, stop the self pity and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Ok, I'm done.
And by the way, I hid my own damn scale! I stuck it somewhere where it's a pain to get out and I haven't weighed all day. As to the rest of my day, I did good eating, I drank all my water, and I power walked for 50 minutes at lunch. Not too bad! I hope everyone else is having a great, healthy day! I've got to go put the kiddo to bed now. Have a good night Beauties!

Lisa
Old 12-02-2004, 12:21 AM   #13  
crazy4my6kidz

Exclamation Sarge!!!!!!!!

Come on lady!! Get with it! I know I've never "met" you, but I think if we knew each other we would be good friends, and I am not going to let a good friend talk herself into failing. We can do this without surgery, we can do this with each others support! We are strong women(we have children!!), we don't need someone to cut us open, staple our stomach and then tell us how much we CANT eat. We can do this, slowly, but we can do this. It is too easy to say "I can't do it", thats the talking. We knew when we started this wasn't going to be easy, that's why we came here looking for support. We are each others guardian 's
I had 2 mayo and sandwiches today-no fatfree mayo either. But I am not going to beat myself up, take a break, or quit because of it. I'm going to get up in the morning and walk. For those of us with the WATP tapes, lets get going, this means you Rebecca! The more you exercise the more you will be working off the food indescretions. Just try to remember before you put something in your mouth that you shouldn't, you're going to have to walk a mile!!
With each pound I lose the more faith I have in myself. You have to have faith in yourself, or you'll never reach your goals. You have lost weight, you know how to do this, you CAN do this!! Now get walking lady!!
Have a good rest after work tomorrow and get refreshed. You're not at your parents house anymore, you are home. YOU are in control! Get your friend and go to Curves, get back in the groove!
WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! TOGETHER!!!!!!!

Peace,
Kathy

Last edited by gfmomx6; 12-02-2004 at 12:26 AM. Reason: cause I felt like it!! LOL
gfmomx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:15 AM   #14  
tired of being fat

Default you asked for it, Sarge

Rebecca, Rebecca, Rebecca.......Where do I start? I think the other ladies did a fine job telling you how it is. Did you forget that you LOST 2 pounds last week? Even with it being the holiday? Did you leave you head at your families house. What would you be saying if that was one of us telling you that? A rest stop??? I don't think so. You better get back on the road and keep driving to that one way trip to a thinner life. Do it for yourself. Do it for your kids. Do it for your life. A happier, healthier life.
NOW, GET ON TRACK!!!!! You know better then this. Your the one who attracted all of us here and started to get all of us motivated and your going to take a break!!!!! I DON'T THINK SO. You can do this! As of right now you need to get over yourself and come back down to reality. The first cop out is to take a break from the dieting thing. Then what? A break from exercising? Then, where are you going to be when January gets here? Think about it.....If you keep going on this journey with us then instead of being upset in January that you "took a break" you can be happy that you sticking with it and be proud of yourself.
So to end this if I hear another cop out story like that I will have to find you and make you do crunches till you come to your sences.
Seriously though, make the right choice.

TTFN
Lori
Old 12-02-2004, 07:58 AM   #15  

Default Heading to sleep

I just wanted to let you know that I'll post later today after I've slept. You could say I'm sleeping on your comments.

Jenn, you're family is in my prayers.