Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 11:25 AM   #1  

Default talapia recipes

Does anyone have any good talapia recipes? I'm from Louisiana, so all the recipes I have for it call for lots of butter and creams.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:26 PM   #2  

Default How I cook my Tilapia

Oh how I love Tilapia! We eat it once a week at my house. It's funny you say you're in Lousiana because the fish coating I purchase is Lousiana something or other! Maybe you can find the Wisconsin fish coating in your supermarket! LOL sorry that was a bad joke!

I buy my fish in the 1 lb pkgs. I use 3 egg whites and one egg, (3 pts) and beat them. Then wet the fish in the egg mixture, bread the fish with the coating. ( I think it's like 1 pt for 2 Tbsp.) I cook my fish on the George Forman while the kids and hubby's fish is frying away. Mine doesn't take as long to cook as theirs, so maybe 8 minuts tops. I love fresh lemon as on my fish and could never understand people who use tarter sauce. So for my 2 big pieces of tilapia that are breaded .... 5 pts. I have that with a big salad and my version of "hashbrowns", and I've got a tasty, filling supper.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:56 AM   #3  

Exclamation

I made it orregonata-I sprayed the tops of the fillets with olive oil spray, SPRINKLED on Italian breadcrumbs lightly a little oregano on top, then additional olive oil spray so it would brown. I baked it till just done. Fantastic!
Old 12-14-2004, 03:22 PM   #4  
Baby Stepping Along

Default Sauteed

I usually just saute it in a wee bit of olive oil and if I have the calories, a touch of butter with a touch of lemon juice. It cooks up very quickly and then I use the same pan to saute some spinach...either fresh or frozen depending on what I have around. Serve it with some brown rice (I keep it cooked and in the freezer so it's ready in like 1.5 minutes) and you are good to go in less than 10 min. Love it!

Peg
Old 12-14-2004, 06:47 PM   #5  
it's always something

I SO need to get my eyes checked. I got excited when I read TAPIOCA recipes!

But I love tilapia, too I just spray my baking pan with Pam, dust my fish with seasoning, and bake it. It's the only way I eat tilapia. The seasoning I use is from World Merchants Spice, called Calico Fish Rub.
Quote:
With a base of dark purple Syrian Sumac providing tartness, you won’t even miss the lemon wedge. The deep red Aleppo chilies add a mild and fruity heat, Black Sesame gives a nutty crunch, and Hawaiian Red Sea Salt hints at the ocean. The wisps of green are Dill Weed fresh from the fields of California.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:48 PM   #6  

Default Talapia Recipes

I'm not much on fish but I really like Talapia. I just cook it with a little bit of butter or you can use Pam Cooking Spray and coat it with Old Bay Seasoning. It's so good that way.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:15 AM   #7  
hara hachi bu

Default Tilapia

I wish I would have found this list yesterday! I found a recipe for it online, though, and it turned out really well. I marinated it for only about a half hour with olive oil, lime juice, paprika and cumin. Very good! I'd only had tilapia once before, and that was in a restaurant. I was very pleased at how easy it was to make, and it turned out so good. It's going to be a regular addition to our grocery list now!
Closed Thread