Old 11-29-2004, 11:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Totally bad... but....

I haven't ever done anything like this before.. and don't plan to again.. but I'm DESPERATE! I'm going to a christmas party on Friday, and my pants are just a little too tight. I'm bloated from TOM creeping up on me.. so how do you lose water weight? Someone suggested sugar free grapefruit juice, and another suggested water pills. What else is good to help lose water weight? I am going to cut out all my caffiene, and all bubbly drinks. And not gonna venture near gassy foods... what else is there though?

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 07:03 AM   #2  

I usually find if I up my water intake, my body releases the water it is storing.
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:13 AM   #3  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

drink green tea from dawn till dusk and you'll never leave the bathroom
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 12:35 PM   #4  

Yes, increasing water intake is just about the best thing you can do. Some people swear that lemon juice is a diuretic, so they add lots of lemon to their water -- but, I don't have any experience with that myself. I'd stay away from pills, just on general principle. Also, stay away from sodium as much as possible!

Taking a slightly different tack, I would also suggest ... a helpful undergarment. It doesn't have to be heavy-duty, but a shaper can work wonders and you can find inexpensive ones at places like Target (do you have Target in Canada?).
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 06:32 PM   #5  

Diet green tea is the way to go. It really works. I have never tired OTC water pills. I don't know how well they work. Sounds like I need one of those shapers though just to hold back loose skin. I've been debating it for awhile. If I try to jog you can hear nasty tummy skin just flapping like crazy. Pretty embarassing. Sorry, I got a little off the subject.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 06:42 PM   #6  
beautiful

the lemon in the water... yes i pee every 15 or so minutes when i do that. LOL
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:57 PM   #7  

Yikes! Peeing all the time is evil! Only because I have to commute to work, and can't visit the ladies room for like 2 hours each way.. but definitely great ideas

As for the whole shaper thing.. I got one.. lol.. I probably need one that holds MORE in, the one I have just kinda smoothes things out. I will definitely buy a new one on Friday, see if that can help out a bit. I'm thinking a combination of a few things will help.. I'm totally bloated.. it sucks. I'm up a SIZE, this happens every stupid month... usually I can just deal with it and keep going, but I gotta dress all nice.. so yah. Thanks for all the advice, I'm going to drink more water, and some sugar free grapefruit juice. Or I'll have to find something else to wear...

-Aimee
Old 12-01-2004, 08:14 AM   #8  
Want to see less of me

S/C/G: 260/255/185

I have heard so many stories about people taking laxatives to help ... not really sure how safe it is ... I guess a few can't hurt .... it cleans out your colon .. I was reading a study on how people get their colon cleaned and they are amazed what is in there ... once that is done they say an average person will see a loss of 5 - 10 pounds ... health people say if you eat 3 meals a day .. you should have three bowel movements ... if you don't, where is all that food then? Makes you think ....
Orangecupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:23 AM   #9  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

eeeeeeeeeeep! you mean after all these years my best firend was right...... i really am full of %*@§ ~bursts out laughing~ i am soooooooooo not letting her read this!!

sincerely
sassy
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 09:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnsassyfied
eeeeeeeeeeep! you mean after all these years my best firend was right...... i really am full of %*@§ ~bursts out laughing~ i am soooooooooo not letting her read this!!

sincerely
sassy
LMAO

I'm also going to a xmas party. (friday) Somedays being a woman is a pain in the U know what... I have excess water and have being thinking of what to do myself. I'm going to try coffee for the potty thing I hear that cleans you out and since I can't make it to the store I'm going to give that a try. As far as water I'm going to try the lemon water.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 09:47 AM   #11  

I have IBS, so I'm in the bathroom going .... #2 (for lack of better words) like 6 times a day. I'm scared to think what a laxative could do, it sounds kinda painful!

Mez - just eat lots of bran muffins! Coffee helps you retain water.. it's evil.. mmk?

-Aimee
Old 12-01-2004, 12:10 PM   #12  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

I hear ya on the TOM! I swear I super blimp out then and I gain 5-7 pounds instantly. I wonder why we have to go through the hassle of the monthly, plus the weight gain/bloat. It's like being kicked when you're already down!!!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:11 PM   #13  

Just read that AFTER my 2nd cup of coffee!!
Old 12-01-2004, 12:37 PM   #14  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Sorry, but I have some TOM + off-plan sodium/fat bloat thing going on as well, and I have a big fancy to-do this weekend (meeting the partner's boss and coworkers for the first time) and I'm going to go the OTC water pill/laxative combo route. Not a popular course of action -- I can hear tongue-clicking and head-shaking from here -- but, personally, I just don't think there's anything very wrong with doing that on a very rare occasion. It's when it becomes a regular practice that I find it ill-advised.

I just know it will work for me, and I don't believe I'll inflict any kind of damage on my body since it's an isolated thing. Oh yeah, and you just can't go wrong with a well-constructed undergarment.....not pretty, and not fun (or pretty) to get into.....but truly an effective thing!

And Mez, you made me laugh! (You do that all the time!)
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 03:21 PM   #15  

Sarah you make also make me lol. I also think I'm going to go OTC. A girls got to to what a girls got to do! Sarah you have such a great personality. They are going to just love you!! I have a problem that is a bit weird. I'm great one on one and if there is a new person say comming into a party where I know everyone. I'm one of the 1st ppl to go to them and help them to feel comfortable. My problem is when I'm new somewhere I'm like a wall flower. I can't think of a thing to say. A guy I dated once turned to me at a party and said You know I would have never thought you were shy!! So wish me luck that I can somehow say more than 5 words.