View Poll Results: Does your bottom wobble?
No, I am a super model/alien/freak/delusional 0 0%
A little bit 3 18.75%
Quite a lot 3 18.75%
Bottom, thighs, tummy, you name it, I can shake it 10 62.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 06:08 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking Friday Friday Friday!!!

IT'S FRIDAY! Yippee! How is everyone doing today? What disgusting topic of conversation can I start....
i know - wobbly bottoms! i shudder when i see what mine can do...
Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend? Apart from staying OP of course.
Lolly - I'll see you tomorrow for our day at the health club. What are you taking? I've got gym kit and bikini and of course outfit to wear in evening and some glitter... (the essentials).
Everyone else - come out and play!!
Kirsty
Old 06-22-2001, 09:10 AM   #2  
Proud Mama

Exciting weekend for me.... tearing out the old and putting in the new... kitchen that is. I just may be keeled over from exhaustion by the time the weekend (and the rest of the week) are over!

My interview went well yesterday. They asked for my references, so I'd gather they are interested... but I don't want the job. I'd love the work, but not the hours! I'd be going from bad to worse... Currently I have a 4-month tax season where I work 55-70 hours per week, there'd I'd have a 6 month season. Blech. NO THANK YOU! I think I'll pass.

I hope everyone has a great Friday! I'll be packing up my cabinets this afternoon, grocery shopping (that I didn't get to yesterday) and then playing destructo with a sledge hammer tonight!

Later!
Old 06-22-2001, 09:45 AM   #3  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello girls. Well, on the topic of bottoms. I have gained some weight since the PG started...and have not been able to work out or do much of anything. I have noticed that the place it shows the most is in my bottom. Yesterday I had on a blue knit dress that is my sisters. She is a few sizes bigger than my normal 12 so lent me many things for this summer to grow into. Anyway, I did not have a slip on (too hot) and I had hose on, so it had some cling to it. As I was walking to lunch, I noticed that my bottom looked like the hens in Chicken Run's bottoms! AHhh, I have developed Chicken Run A@@!!!! Scarry!

Lolly and Kirsty, have a great time at the gym day and at your run!

Janet: HAve fun with the kitchen. Oh, sweat equity. How nice.

Happy friday to the rest. Our internet is going down in like 3 min for the day. I will ty to check from home tonight. But it is hard to get the computer time from my hubby. I think he has the keyboard glued to his fingers.

Trish
Old 06-22-2001, 10:29 AM   #4  
flibbertobbergenie!

Thumbs down

Hellooooooooooo!

I have just spent 2 hours shopping, which was fab - got a pair of sensible sandals for everyday wear (I have 2 pairs with big chunky heels that aren't so good for the feet ) and found some nice clothes that are going to be my birthday present from Blokey We're going to get them tonight (it's an early birthday present!) - flippy pink skirt, funky lycra shorts, and maybe a couple of new white t-shirts (I live in them!). YIPPEE! Now I am having an afternoon off, doing fake tan and deep conditioning my hair. I know I'm not goingt o be a student for much longer, so I'm taking advantage while I can!!! (I did just put 2 huge loads of washing on, though, so it's not all lounging around )

Kirsty - looking forward to gym day tomorrow too ... I reckon we should do all the fit stuff then shower and dress up and sit in the bar!!! No sense tiring ourselves too much before the run ...

Janet - new kitchen?! Sledgehammer sounds fun And I'm glad the interview went well, even if you don't want the job - it's good to know you can get out if you ever want to!

Trish - hope you get a chance to check in tonight. Maybe you could borrow Janet's sledgehammer to get hubby off the computer

Ooh, I'm going smiley mad today. Wobbly bottom? It's my best feature! I remember reading an interview with Patsy Kensit once where she said she felt like she was followed around by a huge slab of fat ... erm ... excuse me? Reality check? I think I will miss mine when it's gone, though ...

Lxxx
Old 06-22-2001, 10:29 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Talking Quickie

In training today but i just gotta say I am down to 207.5 - 1.1 lbs. Okay, not so great BUT!! I was trying on my sisters clothes and....the size 16 pants ALL FIT ME!! So, this would indicate that I am firming and toning up, so the exercise must be paying off!

Yee Haw (almost stampede here, can say that!)

CIao!
Old 06-22-2001, 10:44 AM   #6  

Default I'm Frustrated!

Well, went to WI and gained .4....not so bad but I wanted to lose!!! I've been trying hard...I think I'm in a food rut-eating the same things again and again...and maybe I should change my exercize regimen...I'm at a loss..I've been plateaued for a while...

On the subject of bottoms...mine is definitely firmer now that I've been running but still wobbles....my family and I call our butts the 'Cuevas Curse' that's our family name, BTW....we always joke that it's like someone is following you around or something! Bye Bye for now....
need to stay OP this weekend....
Old 06-22-2001, 11:01 AM   #7  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Watch it jiggle, JELLO!!

I am jello woman. Sometimes it's funny and I shimmy and watch everything. It's much worse since I have loose skin on my tum and bum.
Busy here at work, but boss is checking out @ 1pm so I'll be back!
Not stuffy today, but coughing and runny nose. Yuck! I have a closing at 4pm today and my nose is dry and red...hope they don't mistake skin for boogers!
Have a great day!
Hi to all who are getting ready to post and have posted!
Old 06-22-2001, 12:15 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Default Good Morning All!!

Ironic that today's topic is wiggly bottoms. I utilized mine quite a lot yesterday. First, when the evil horse spooked and I fell on it and then a 2 hour ride that I bounced up and down on it. I'm sure glad I don't have a bone-y bum.
Well Friday and I have family birthday parties all weekend - my niece will be 4 tomorrow and a close family friend turned 30 this week. I guess that means Cocktails!! I haven't had a drink in a while so it will be nice to relax and hang out.
Lolly and Kirsty - have fun in your run
Lorie - .4 is not much of a gain. How's your journalling going? Noticing any patterns? And hey, way to keep trying.
Belle - size 16 - I'm jealous - way to go.
Janet - have fun with that sledgehammer - how could you not?

And to everyone else, happy day. I'm going to go take some drugs to try and stop all my muscles from screaming in pain every time I move

Bye
KT
Old 06-22-2001, 12:27 PM   #9  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Weebles wobble but they don't fall down!

The worst is walking by a store, seeing your reflection in the window and realizing your butt is doing something different than the rest of you. I hate that.

Well, I just had a meeting with my editor to keep him updated on what I'm working on and I realized I've really been a slacker lately. Even since I finished that big story on the undercover officer, I haven't felt like doing anything. Guess I've got to get off my wiggly butt! Hey, if anyone wants to read the story (and I won't be hurt if you don't want to — it's pretty long), you can see it at http://www.roanoke.com/roatimes/frontpage/babyface.html

My tummy is rumbling so I'm off to find lunch! I think I'll go with sushi today.
Old 06-22-2001, 12:30 PM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hi everyone. No time to post since I am very busy this morning. We have to leave work in 1 1/2 hours for a family emergency. Hubby's grandma is very sick (long story, but could have been prevented) and now her congentive heart failure took a turn for the worse and medication is not helping. They say it is only a matter of days now. So sad... hubby is not close to her at all, so it is hard to deal with. HE was very close to his g-pa, but he died about 10 years ago. This family is very large, she had 10 kids, and they always fight. No fun. But we are going to pick up his mom and go to the hosiptal... it is about 1 1/2 hours away.

That's it for me now... Congrats to the LOSERS! Hope I am one tomorrow!
Old 06-22-2001, 12:56 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

im a bit wobbly everywhere but the time im putting into the gym is making me less wobbley
jen you can get thru tonight you will be ok
lolly woowoo shoppin girl

kim store windows are evil

KT i know what u mean having some arse padding has its positive moments
BELLE WOOWOOOOO

Kirsty I love glitter

Trish the extra bum means u fill out the dress better
Old 06-22-2001, 01:57 PM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Default TOM Blues

Girls, this may be the worst TOM of my life. I am in huge pain again today! and all night. I am drugged all the time and its not helping much. AGH! AT WI I was worried b/c I am still fully TOM and bloated to boot, so I was pretty lucky and happy with my little loss (thanks Keir and KT)

Allergies, I take Reactin, one a day. They cost about $1/day, but they are worth every penny for me, esp around cats!!

Kirsty and Lolly - I am v. jealous of your spa. I have always wanted to do something like that!! Have fun and take pics and post them for us!

Janet - glad the interview went well - I go on all interviews just for practice, and to see what's out there, it can't hurt!

Trish - only worry about your health, not the Chicken Runs...

Lolly - need to shop!! I have the urge, but not hte coin...oh well

Stacey - go to the doctor!!!

KT I used to havea pony named Dynamite, who would buck me all the time. My butt took a beating!!

Kim- I'll check out your article on the weekend

Jen - good luck with that....I don't envy you!

Kier - every time I workout I think of that - less jiggle, less jiggle. It can be my mantra.

WEll, I have to go back to the Dreamweaver course. Its better today than tuesday.

Adios! Hi to everyone else.
Old 06-22-2001, 02:36 PM   #13  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Kim, I hope you're reading this!!

That was an awesome article!! I was totally involved in it! You should get an award for it....that's my opinion.
Awesome job! Just wait, the Pulitzer people will be calling.
Old 06-22-2001, 05:01 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Thanks, Stacey!

Thanks for reading the story! I'm waiting for that Pulitzer! I've been in journalism seven years now and in the past year, especially, things have really started to come together. I got my first national recognition this year ... I was a runner-up for a civic journalism award. I love my job, and although I don't do it for the awards, it's still nice to get the kudos. That officer was really easy to work with and that helped that story enormously.

I was doing so well food-wise until I went to get an iced mocha (with skim milk) and the chocolate chip cookies were calling to me. I bought a package of two, but just ate one. Willpower! I'm going to go for a long walk tonight with the puppies — that should get me a few activity points anyway.

Ah, more food is coming my way. That journalism workshop ends today with a banquet and dinner — I think it's going to be pasta, bread and salad, so hopefully I can be careful.

Well, I better get going. Have a good weekend, everyone!
Closed Thread