Old 11-30-2004, 09:22 AM   #1  
Student of the Hoof

Default Rears in Gear - It's the END of the Year!

Holy cow. Where the heck did 2004 go?

Alright, well - I'm not letting this year go out with a whimper, dangnabit. I'm going to take this fight all the way to the bitter end.

I know there's no way I can get to this year's lowest weight. I wanted to, but for whatever reason, I haven't been able to find that groove. Right now my whole thing is drink 3 bottles of water a day, and treadmill three times a week. That's it. I just want to start finding my way back to the path I was on at the beginning of this year. I want to start out 2005 already on the way to goal. I do NOT want to hit 45 overweight. I want to hit 45 in the 130s. I need to find my way back to when working out wasn't even something I thought about, it was just something I did. Just like taking a shower or doing the laundry. It wasn't negotiable, it wasn't even a question. I just did it like I did anything else on a daily basis.

Things got out of balance. And finding the balance again has been more difficult than I could have imagined it would be. So back to the very basic basics. Back to the beginning again. Again. Always again. But I just will not give up, dammit. I know I can do this. It's just a bit more of a puzzle than I expected, a little more of a challenge, that's all.

Red - I'm here, I know this has been a tough year for all of us. Some of us, like Happy and you, are still going through so much. I know I'm having to rearrange my career goals because of money, but that's ok. I'll still get there. I think there are times when we all just have to keep breathing and keep putting one foot in front of the other. And maybe we have to take a few minutes to look hard at our lives and figure out our priorities, and how much we can truly handle. *warm hug* I hope things are better for you this week.

Jolly - I'm concerned about you. Perhaps don't even worry about riding right now, just go out there and spend time hugging your horse. Forget about what you "should" do and just remember we own our horses because we love them, because we find a great deal of comfort in simply being around them and breathing in their smell and letting their warmth seep into us when we lean against them. I know there are times when Arashi seems so much like my anchor to reality. I can go out to the stable and just stand in the pasture next to him and close my eyes and listen to him eating hay or crunching up the carrot I just gave him and let the world fade away for a few minutes. He has given me the gift of sanity in times that truly begged me to lose my mind. He is the calming spirit in the middle of life's storms.

Happy - I know life must be a madhouse for you right now. I hope you had a peaceful thanksgiving, if nothing else.

Chachee - It's wonderful that your in-laws affirmed what you already knew. That you've made wonderful changes, that what you're doing is working. It's good for me to hear that, too. It reminds me that I was on the right road, I just got sidetracked.

This time of year is stressful for most people in so many different ways. I hope each and every one of us has some time to reflect on the changes we've made, the blessings in our lives, and what we hope we can accomplish in the coming year. I hope this month brings peace for all of us, even if it's just for a little while.
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 12:15 PM   #2  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Raven!

I'm a bit sidetracked also, but feeling so much better the end of this year than last year. I know next year at this time I'll look back and say, "Oh, man, why did I think it was so hard? Why couldn't I have done this in 2004?". It's incentive....I just know it.

My goals are basic for the rest of this month also. Water, exercise at least three times a week, try to not go overboard on sweets. That's it.

I was thinking of a name for our new thread next year. What about Back to Basics? Seems we all need some of that! Just a thought.

Lets have a great month and enjoy the holiday. For tomorrow...we diet!

Hi to everyone, both here now and ones we have lost along the way.

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:30 AM   #3  
Student of the Hoof

Heyyyyy Chachee

Back to Basics sounds like a grand name, because you're right... it seems like we're all trying to get back to where we were doing so well. And it does seem to require just getting back to a good starting point, or as we say in horse training, go back to where you're getting a yes answer.

I like that.

Yesterday was good on food and water for a change. I overslept this morning so no treadmilling. Bad Marian. Do it tomorrow.

I didn't eat the planned pork chop, had a chicken quesadilla instead, but didn't worry about dessert for the first time in about a zillion years, it seems like! Yay! I will take that as a good thing.

I'm not even weighing myself at this point. I'm scared to get *near* the scale! Tonight is horse night and trying to find World of Warcraft in the stores. Yep, I'm a gaming nerd. *sigh* Horses and Wow. My life in a nutshell.

All in all a better start to this month!
Old 12-01-2004, 05:19 PM   #4  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hey Raven,

Guess we are it for awhile.

Didn't walk the treadmill this morning. Was a bit of an oversleeper also. I did a lot of exercising last night with running around, so it's okay.

Food was good yesterday. Resisted the pizza at Costco and had 1/4 of a pretzel and a big huge salad. Had the leftover salad for lunch today and some baked chips. Tonight I am making dinner before the rest of the grocery shopping. Should be a good day.

Have the Christmas party this weekend. I'll probably be so tired from preparing for it I won't want to eat a whole lot! I'm making healthy dishes, anyway, so I'll be good with anything I make!

I love that you are a gamer. Now when I sit down and play my Gamecube I won't feel so bad! Strength in numbers, sistah!

I'm glad you liked the suggestion for next year's thread. Just felt kinda right.

Happy Wednesday!

Chach
Old 12-02-2004, 09:18 AM   #5  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey guys! One more month - just hang in there 1 more month and I will be back to posting regularly again. We had a nice Thanksgiving and then flew back to Memphis on Saturday for one last house hunt. We bought a house. It's a beauty. I fell in love with it when we were down there 2 weeks ago but hubbie was a little leary of it being a bit more than he thought we needed. But after we looked at about 30 more houses and compared them all, this wasn't quite the overkill he first thought. Part of the issue is that I didn't want to be stuck in traffic for 3 hours a day so that meant moving closer to the office where homes are older, need a bit of updating here and there and the area is a bit pricier. BUT on the other hand, it's a half acre lot, lots of trees and PRIVACY which we didn't find anywhere else and the updates we will put in will just increase the equity in the house. Now if we can only hang on to our jobs for the next 10 years. That's the scariest part of all... and did I mention that the house has a gorgeous built in pool out back? I just LOVE this house. The sale is contingient on a home inspection happening today - we have a few concerns, just want to make sure there's no big ticket problems. If all goes well, we'll be driving down on the 30th and picking up the keys New Year's Eve.

Between the sale of one house and the purchase of another and a job and everything in between, I've been constantly on the run. Yesterday the phone rang no less than 25 times - I was ready to toss the receiver outside already.

I am trying to at least improve my eating but that too is proving to be a challenge. Was walking through Lowe's Home Improvement store over the weekend looking at some bath stuff for remodelling projects and I caught sight of my big caboose in the mirrored shower doors. I really, really, REALLY have to get on the bandwagon full speed starting Jan 1. We have a big enough bonus room for all the exercise equipment and we both agreed that after the bedroom, that's the next room to get set up.

Even though it's monstrously busy for all of you, it's good to see that you are still clinging to the cause, even if it's just by the fingertips. Please, please, please don't let the thread die. I promise I'll be back in earnest as soon as we have cable Internet set up at the new house. Will still be peeking in from time to time but probably only posting once a week.

Take care ladies and I'm saying a few prayers that all goes well with your tests next week Jolly.

Oh and I really like the Back to Basics theme for next year too. Sometimes when you fall on the floor you have to crawl before you can run again. I do better myself incorporating and building on little goals over time.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:12 PM   #6  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Happy! Sounds like a busy life for you also! Get that pool ready for us...we'll be by sometime next year!

I got on the treadmill this morning. Just when I almost talked myself into stopping, I ended up taking it up a notch and started jogging. I jogged 10 good minutes and walked the other 25. Felt good to have sore muscles. Felt good to push myself and not just do what I am used to doing. It just felt good.

I'm off work tomorrow, and busy all weekend long. I'll be back on Monday, but wanted to say happy Thursday and maybe our friends will rejoin us soon!

Chach
Old 12-02-2004, 07:49 PM   #7  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

Just popping in to let everyone know I am stilll here.

We are in the process of moving and fixing fences to move the horses and such.

I will try and get our computer set up and pop in soon.

Miss you all lots.

Kathy
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 02:34 PM   #8  

Hey all. Congrats on the houses for Happy and Lucky. Envious.

I like Back to Basics. Yeah, I need to get there too.

This week has been crazy. I had a last minute new client. I don't know what end is up. Haven't been to the barn. Haven't worked out. ATe badly, and on the run. Of course, it has kept me from fretting about the tests.

I need to get back to basics. I too am afraid to see where I am at right now. I think, though, that if I get off my butt, and do the things I need to, that I CAN get back to my lowest weight of the year. And have a good start for 2005.

Will try to post more, now that things have slowed down a bit. I am on call this weekend, though. Take care all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 07:56 AM   #9  
Student of the Hoof

Lucky - So glad to see you stick your nose in here even just to let us know things are going ok. I'm dying to hear details about the new place, see pictures, and find out how the horses are doing there!

Happy - I can't even imagine how busy you must be. Try to remember to breathe, ok?? Your new home sounds lovely! A POOL!!! You luck dog, you! And pictures from you, too!

Jolly - I hope this weekend is a relatively quiet one for you. When it rains, it pours? How is Mr. Chance doing?

Chachee - Good for you!! Obviously, I need to join you in the treadmilling. Did you get the treadmill traded in? Fixed?

Well, after a week of sparkling success at my first two baby steps of controlling my food intake and drinking my water.... I splatted on my face last night at Macaroni Grill. Penne Rustica and chocolate/espresso cheesecake. Ye olde BF is leaving for a week this morning, and last night we went out to dinner. My initial plan was to hit Chili's and get that caribbean salad, but ... it was cold out, and warm comfort food screamed out for my attention. Pasta. *sigh* Ah well, today is a new day.

I'm a weather weenie, and it's been getting into the 30s here in the evenings, too cold for me. It's only in the 50s during the day, which is STILL too cold for me. Mostly because I don't have any clothes that keep me warm - they're all designed to keep me cool. And I don't have the money to go spend on warm fuzzy things, either. So... I just get grumpy and suffer through it. Intelligent, huh?

Ok .. better get ready to take BF to the airport. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 12-05-2004, 06:38 PM   #10  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Heh people. How's it going? Everyone seems to be gone these days. I really need someone to talk to these days. . . Wow, think I'm getting sick.

Raven, how are you? Hope you can get back on a consistent track. Don't worry about falling off. At least you DID well the other day. That's one more day than if you hadn't!

Jolly, how are you doing? Any word on your health. I'm praying for you.

Chachee, happy, lucky, hi there and thanks for keeping the thread going. I'm not much help these days. But I'm starting up again I think. Posted on another thread trying to kick start my butt. I need a bit of success to get flying again. It's been crash and lie there for weeks (no months!) now. Let's hope I can get back making some progress in the right direction.

Am off to Hong Kong on Wednesday but plan to stop in here while I'm there.

Take care all and keep checking in even if just for a flyby.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 08:03 PM   #11  
Choose your hard

Hey Red, I see you're on right now...
Old 12-05-2004, 08:06 PM   #12  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi there, happy!!! Nice to see/hear/read???? you. I'm late out the door. Feel sick, feverish, cold coming on, probably why I was feeling so depressed, which really isn't like me. I can usually give myself a boot and get moving. . . I was going to blow off work today but it'll only eat into my paycheck so I've decided to go in and try to just lie low.

Oh heh, and congrats on your new house! Sounds beautiful.

Okay, gotta run. Ciao!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 08:07 PM   #13  
Choose your hard

I'll be in the MAIN chat room if you want to talk... --- just click on the link
Old 12-05-2004, 08:11 PM   #14  
Choose your hard

ok, I'll catch up with you later.

New house is becoming more nightmare than dream. The home inspection revealed lots of not so obvious expensive repairs and updates that will be needed. We are in the process of negotiating now. I hate not knowing where we will live, especially since we are going to be homeless in 3 weeks.

Have some nice warm tea and an orange to feel better.

Hellos to the other chickies too.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:52 PM   #15  
Choose your hard

Ok, so forgive my lack of manners and I should catch up here...

Raven, had to laugh at you being a weather weenie. This past week as I was desperately scraping ice and snow off my car, I too was mumbling that I can't STAND any more of this stuff. We're had 2 fairly good snows so far and up to this point the most we get is a light dusting. I see it's a bit (but not really that much) warmer down your way - hope I won't turn into a weather weenie too. Bummer on the no warm and fuzzy clothes there tho. Must be mighty brrrrr in shortie tops. I am trying to sort through my clothes to figure out what to bring short term. I AM taking the winter parka - they can laugh at me all they want. Hope you enjoyed the chocolate cheesecake but no more for the month ok? So what are you going to do with a week to yourself?

Lucky, good to hear see you pop in. When exactly are you moving or has that occured already? We're out of here on the 30th.

Chachee - you are SO right about the goodness of pushing yourself. Good going on the treadmill. I am buying you a whistle and grey sweatshirt for Christmas so that you can get in my face come January and push push push (tweet, tweet, twwwweeeeeetttttt)!!!!

Prayers and crossed fingers and all good wishes for you this week Jolly hope all goes well with the tests.

Chachee can whistle at both of us from side to side - keep us all in line and get some waist bends in for herself at the same time.

I have a class this week - 20 mile drive, coming home in the DARK for a person who has bad night vision. EEEEEEKKKK. 5 days, 5 days, 5 days. I can do anything for 5 days. I am trying to pack my lunch so I eat healthy. Just hope I don't doze off in the afternoon. A hazard of sitting all day in one spot.

I am not making Christmas cookies this year. That's a good thing. I have a fiber optic tree and a fiber optic snowman. That's the 5 minute holiday decoration.

Oh and I'm bleaching my teeth among the other major dental work I'm having done. I figured since I stopped smoking (going on 8 months now) it made more sense to have it done. The good thing is that I have to wear the bleach trays over my teeth for at least 3 hours a day. Not sure I can handle them all night so I've been doing them in the evening. You can't eat or drink with them in so that's 3 hours of guanteed no nibbling. It also guarantees 3 hours of silence out of me because I lisp so badly with them in.

Merry Christh-muth all you fine ladeeths - hab a nithe eeb ning.