Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 09:34 AM   #1  

Angry The Thin Group #56

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2001. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Last edited by SandiH; 06-22-2001 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-22-2001, 09:45 AM   #2  

Default Bringing Angel Eyes post here from 55

angel-eyes
~Heavenly Body~

IP:

06-22-2001 06:50 AM profile | pm | | search | buddy list edit | quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
aww....no fair...don't want to be #28
Come on....not fair!! I don't want to be #28!! geez...whoever is after me...better copy/paste me...PLEASE.

Hi Everyone. Well....its me...back better than ever!! Sort of like the new and improved version!! sorry for the temporary episode of the customer...but now....FUHGET ABOUTIT!!!!

Since I've been trying like heck, to get back on track ...I weighed myself yesterday to find out that I actually lost 2lbs since not weighing last week and then today.....lost another .5lb. I don't really give a flying hoot if it is water weight...retention or what...I'LL TAKE IT!!! It is enough to re-enforce my committment and focus. So its true.....the good ol' angel-eyes is back!!! If I'm honest, I met some new people in chat/boards lately and "they're down and out....can't start attitude " really got to me. It spurned me on in replying to them that.....if you walk the walk....then it will happen. So in just giving them some tips and adivce; I started to fix my problem. All I know is that I'm pumped, going to try to get a sitter tonight for a workout, and today will be a cinch!! Enjoy the day....looks like heavy rain today, and thundershowers....but I'll be shining!! See ya...bye

With each meal and each day... I will be closer to my goal!
Old 06-22-2001, 09:59 AM   #3  

Good Morning, The sun is out in full force and that sure makes me happy. Even though we have gone from 90 degree temps to the high 50's. Still better keep some winter stuff out. You never know what will be here.

Angeleyes.....I did bring your post here....don't know if I did it right but it is here. Lol You have the right attitude now. Keep it up and get put of that funk. Nobody is so important that they can make one feel like that gal did you. I will have to check that Kymbras story. They always semm to get one motivated nore when you read them don't thay?

Dreamer....So good to hesr from you. But when are we going to see pictures of that cute little gal. ? Hope your mortgage goes through and soon you will be a home owner.
Julie....Those teenagers sure do go through lots of stages don't they? Remember when you were one? I am sur we didn't maske our pasrents too happy at times either. LOl

Jo....Am glad to hear your friend is O.K. Whata scary feeling that must have bee. And what do you mean ONLY 35 POUNDS??????? That is great!!!!! I oved your story about when you brother brought you in the room etc etc.

Sharon...I too am glad there isn't one of those cheesecake places around here. There may be but I haven't looked and will not look or I woud be there way too much. We are going to see Chrissy your sister in law and your nieces Em and Ellie this weekend. Chrissy said Papa wants to meet us too. So maybe we will all go to lunch. Can't wait to get there. I love that family like they are my own.

Tatter-baby....Good job on those new pants fitting. You must be doing something right.

Chrissy.......In about 24 hours we will be leaving to come and see you. Am so excited and can hardly wait. Have the red carpet ready for our arrival. LOL Maybe we can plan lunch with Papa when we get there if that works for you guys. We will leave here about 9a.m. Love ya.

Judy.....Hope things are not too hard on you guys. I still have you and Cal in my prayers. Post and keep us informed. We miss you here.

Off I go. Have to babysit before I go to work .Don't mind at all though. Love them grandkids. Love to all....Sandi
Old 06-22-2001, 10:35 AM   #4  
Long Lost Chickie

Good job Sandi, you brat!!!

I came in this morning all set to post and then I read Angeleyes' post and realized it would make me #29 and responsible to start a new thread. But I'm too chicken!!

So there, Ms. Bratty Sandi! I let you win. Now who's the brat? Nyah! Nyah!

(Just kidding, of course. Love ya, Sandi!)

Anyway, TGIF to everyone! I know I'm glad of it. My boss has been in Germany all week and I came in this morning to find a voice mail message that he wanted me to fax something over to his hotel on Thursday. Uh, he left me the message at 8:00 Thursday night!!! Can't this bozo figure out the time difference? It was, what, about 2AM where he was! What on earth was he doing up leaving me annoying messages at that hour!?!? Next he goes on to India of all places. Don't know what the time difference is there. Just glad he doesn't have my home phone number!

I've been doing a lot of walking over the past couple days. Unfortunately, I seem to be doing a lot of snacking as well. Don't really know why. I've been craving chocolate lately and I'm really not that much of a chocoholic usually. Can't even blame PMS. Don't know what's up with that. Hope whatever it is, it passes.

Well, speaking of walking, I have to go to the bank at lunch time today and am hoping the weather holds out so I can walk. It's really not too far, only about a 10 minute walk, but the past few days have been so hot and humid and today we're supposed to have thunderstorms. Can you imagine me getting caught in a sudden downpour and then having to spend the rest of the day dripping all over the floor? Could be interesting. With the way they crank up the air conditioning in this building, I'll end up with pneumonia!

Gotta run. Stuff to do. Only 6 and a half hours till the weekend!
Much love to you all!
Jo.
Old 06-23-2001, 10:15 AM   #5  

Hi everyone!

Drum roll, please! ....... I've lost 4 lbs. this week for a total of 21 lbs.! My clothes are starting to feel loose. It's a great feeling!

Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend. I'll stop back and post a longer message later.

Trish
Old 06-23-2001, 11:04 AM   #6  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking yahoo.....its true!!!

Good Morning Ladies.....Since I've re-committed last week...I've lost 2.5 lbs !!!! It's true!!! I read an article that stressed the importance of protien at every meal. It also went on to say about eating a small meal every 3-4 hrs to prevent a drop in your blood sugar. I haven't been doing meals...but have included regular morning and late afternoon snacks and most recently a bedtime snack. And.....(drum roll...) since doing that....I've lost 2.5 lbs.
So....coincidence?...dunno....I have also been drinking more water; instead of my usual 12-14 glasses, I've been drinking just over 16 glasses. And..I haven't been excersising. I tried several times to make it to the gym and it never quite worked out.
GOOD FOR ME!! THIS IS JUST THE EXTRA PUSH I NEEDED TO HELP ME GET AND STAY ON TRACK!!! Hope everyone enjoys the weekend. Not really sure just how much I'll be posting next week as we are on holidays.....yippee!!! See you later, bye

Jello....too funny!! Mrs. Bratty Sandy?... lol lol Well anything to be #29....haha, thats why I asked to be pasted to the new thread.... (thanks Sandy)

Trish....CONGRATULATIONS!!! Another 4lbs....great work!! Keep it up!!
Old 06-23-2001, 05:11 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone!

Gosh, I'm sorry to have been away all week, but it has been real **** week around here. My husband, Ken, has been in the hospital most of the week and besides running back and forth with that, didn't want to tie up the phone line(we only have one line)by being on the internet, in case they called as they were waiting to do surgery.

All in all, he came home late yesterday without the problem really resolved so has to return for more imaging on Monday. It is a very large kidney stone that cannot pass on its own. Very painful, but will eventually be okay. Just lots of turmoil and needless to say I am not doing well once again.

Darn it, everytime I get going, something happens and I get off track again. Guess i will have to learn to roll with the punches a bit better. I really dread getting on the scale - probably give myself a heart attack. I haven't given up though and am hopeful that I will get with it soon.

Jo, Good Luck with that chocolate craving. That's a tough one to beat.

Trish, that is just terrific how well you have done. It just goes to show what determination can do. Good for you!

Angel, same goes for you. Way to Go!

Sandi, you are getting to be an expert at starting the threads now. When CJ gets back, you can give her a run for her money. Lucky you, too, with that win on the slots. You are sure lucky at gambling.

I know there were many posts on the last thread that I can't see to reply to, but hope everyone is doing well.

Judy, my prayers are with you and Cal and your family. I think of you often. {{{{{{{JUDY}}}}}}}

Take care all of you and will get back in the groove soon. Love, G
Old 06-23-2001, 09:34 PM   #8  

Hello All and happy Saturday to you.
I was here earlier and read the posts. Very tired tonight because we worked very short today so I wasn't going to walk. Niles was too tired and my girlfriend unavailable. But after reading the posts especially Angel Eyes I had to go. My dad gave me a Richard Simmons walking tape so I threw it in my walkman. He also gave me a talking pedometer that is really cute. It told me that I did 1.26 miles in 30 minutes. Now I feel that I accomplished something today. And aren't I cool
Sandi: YOU Are getting to be an old pro at starting this aren't you. I hope that you and Chrissey are having a great time.
Angel Eyes: You are inspiring. You have a great attitude. See what you did for me today.
Jo: Sounds like you have a very strange boss. He certianly jets all over the world doesn't he? I hope that you were able to make it to the bank without getting soaked. I love to walk but if anyone saw me tonight they would have had me committed. I was listening to Richard and laughing as I was walking down the street
Trish: Congrats on the 4 pounds. That is just wonderfull Keep up the great work.
Gail: I hope that your husband is ok. It's really hard to try to pass a stone. Kinda like giving birth. Has his doctor explored soundwaves? It is supposed to be fairly pain free. They are trying it here at Yale but I don't know how common it is. Best of luck to him amd you.
Well ladies I conned Niles into picking up Sean so I have to go make his lunch now. Have a good weekend all. Love, Julie
Old 06-25-2001, 08:18 AM   #9  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking Hi ...just checking in

Hi Ladies....just heading out the door for the start of my holidays. Today dh and I are going to spend the day in Montreal. The kids are still in school until tommorow ....so it'll just be the two of us. Looking so forward to it!! YIPEE...and yes....all my snacks, water, and some extra bits are packed for the drive to make sure ol' Tim Hortons doesn't call out to me!!
Last night I went for a run. My block where I live is 1.5km. I felt so good to be able to run it...now it had been almost 2 wks since I ran it before so I had to walk one house length,,,but because I walked a bit...I ran around some more. Came home just dripping of sweat, can't say thats happened before!! It felt really good. Sort of made up for not making it to the gym. I ate really well all weekend and am hoping for the same this week, as we are on holidays. Hope everyone had a great weekend. take care, bye
Old 06-25-2001, 08:24 AM   #10  
Long Lost Chickie

Oh, it's Monday already. Yuck. Guess what I did this weekend. Put a big hole in the side of the house!

Actually, it's a good thing. Rich and I have been talking about redoing the kitchen and we decided that we didn't need that window and could use the space for cabinets. We're also going to knock out the wall separating the kitchen from the dining room so there will be lots of light and space. Also the kitchen door is right next to the window. So anyway, we took out the window. Actually, I went to WW and came home 2 hours later to find a big empty space where the window had been! Rich was gone (one of his 4 trips to the hardware store) and my cat was eyeing the great outdoors. Anyway, we (OK, mostly "he") did a really nice job and we only have to put new shingles on the outside. (We had waited on this project until we were sure we could get replacement shingles.) Looks pretty good so far. But once again, the "couple of hours" job has taken a "couple of days". Hope it doesn't rain today or tomorrow!

As I mentioned, had my weigh-in on Sat. Lost another 0.6 lbs. Slow but steady and that's OK with me. Have to weigh in on Wed. night this week and have to admit to being really bad Sat. and Sun. but I'll face it as always. Thurs. night I drop off Watson with mom and dad. We were going to leave for camping Fri. night but decided to wait until very early Sat. instead. Easier driving, easier to set up the tent in the daylight, etc. Easier on Jo's nerves too. One of the other couples we were going with had some flood damage and may not be going. The other couple is the sister and bro-in-law of the gal in the first couple. (Did that make sense?) Anyway, she never does anything without her sister so they may not show up either. Rich and I have decided that's just fine with us. Just going to take a couple good books, my camera and my walking shoes.

Yes, I will be walking and exercising and drinking lots of H2O, I promise. My next Sat. weigh-in (7/7) is the official Battle of the Bulge final weight. Then I have to collect money from everyone who pledged. Hoping to hit them up for at least 5 bucks (most pledged a dollar a pound). Right now it's 4.6 lbs but I sense a gain coming on Wed. Guess this just means I HAVE TO be good while camping.

Well, I've rambled on about ME long enough.

Trish, congratulations on the great loss!!! Keep up the good work!

Gail, sorry to hear about your hubby. I've heard how painful they can be. Hope they can do something for him. Hugs to you too! {{{GAIL}}}

Angel-Eyes, congrats to you too! You certainly are back on track!

Julie, I didn't know Richard had audio tapes!! I just love his video tapes ... even though I can't always keep up. I'll have to look into that!

Off to work now I guess. Wonder what today will bring. Geez, what a scary thought!

Hope you all have a great day!
Much love, Jo.
Old 06-25-2001, 02:46 PM   #11  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Hi All, Bye All!

Hey Thinsters this is just a quick note while I have a few minutes.
I have been gone this weekend. My girlfriend from gradeschool and I met in Dayton for our annual girls weekend. She lives in the Cleveland, Ohio area and this is the second year we have done this and plan on doing it each and every year as well.

Had a great time, shopped at the Dayton mall and went to a couple of flea markets as well. So came home with the car all loaded down with bargains. We ate out and sat in the hotel hot tub with our glass of wine and just had some great talks about old times and new times.

But now I am on my way with my husband Ken to St Louis, Missouri for his work. He will be there for an RV show with his company, Cummins Engine Co. He just decided just now to drive rather than fly and said I could go with him for a couple of days. So why not? We will leave as soon as I pack. I will see you guys when I get back and will post again.

Oh one more thing, before the I left the other day for my Dayton trip I had a phone call from Miss CJ. She called from her cabin. She says to say "HI" to everyone and she hasn't been able to get near a computer, just been busy getting things done for the cabin. I guess wiring it ect. So she misses you Thinsters and will post when she gets back which I think is sometime next week. I was soppose to post before I went but was in such a rush cause I had a girlfriend overnight from New Mexico that used to live her staying with me and she was in the computer room and I didn't want to disturb her cause she had quite a hangover from the night before when we all went to Applebee's to get together with her. Not me thought I didn't drink and felt fine. But by the time I took her over to her sisters where she is staying than it was time to hit the road for my Dayton trip. So here I am telling you that CJ misses you guys and I know we all miss you too Carol.

Well time to go so I will see you in a few days when we get back. Oh ya hope you had a great time Chrissy and Sandi and did you have lunch with my Dad, Papa? Hope it was a good one.

Gail, thanks for the email and will connect soon when I get back.

Love you guys, Sassy Sharon
Old 06-26-2001, 08:14 AM   #12  

Angry

Good Morning,
Will be back after my Dr. appointment to post more....but for now I need to take a little survey.
How many of you gals know what a "GAZING BALL" that you put outside in your yard is?
I will explain later . Talk to everyone later. Love to all....Sandi
Old 06-26-2001, 08:35 AM   #13  
Long Lost Chickie

Sandi, gazing balls are actually pretty popular around here. So are (if you'll pardon me for being possibly sacriligeous) bathtub Mary's. (Statue of Mary with a cement "tub" in front of her.) Anyway, I've thought about buying one or two small gazing balls and the little concrete holders for them and putting them in the garden. Um, why do you ask?

Well, didn't get much accomplished on the house yesterday but I spent some time on the treadmill so the evening wasn't a complete loss. Just hoping for the best at weigh-in after work tomorrow.

Which leads me to an observation. Lots of you guys talk about how you walked for 20 minutes and did a mile and a half or how you walk a couple miles for an hour each evening, etc. How in the world do you do it!? I always thought I was doing OK on my treadmill but last night for example I went 1 mile and it took me almost half an hour. Didn't realize I was so "pokey". Well, at least I'm getting some exercise in.

Rich had an idea yesterday and now we're trying to find a bike rack for the car so we can take our bikes up to the campground. There are plenty of paved roads in the area and not much traffic. I never thought of it. Could be a great idea - a nice ride before breakfast in the morning.

I have to go now. No, I mean I "have to go" now. All this darned water!! Talk to you guys again soon!

Much love, Jo.
Old 06-26-2001, 09:30 AM   #14  
Mother Hen

Default Good Morning!

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts. I wish it wasn't so, but I really need them these days.

Cal's daughters came from Calif. and stayed for 10 days. They were a lot of help while here, but pulled a real ugly stunt and had to leave in a hurry before their dad asked them to get out! (details later) It's a shame that Cal will die with bad feelings for them in his heart.

My daughter and grandaughter have moved back in with us. She has a full time job so she's not around much of the time. My grandaughter, Allura, is 11 yrs. old and a real joy (most of the time). She's a real good little helper with grandpa.

My son, Dean, and his little family are on leave from the Navy for 2 weeks and drove up from Houston, Tx. He has been just wonderful at helping move his dad from the bed to the wheelchair and back to bed when he gets tired. Right now it's early morning , (daughter hasn't left for work yet) they're doing the cleaning of his bottom for me so I can vent with you guys.

A Hospice nurse comes by 3 times a week to check his stats and well being. A nurse Aide comes 5 days a week to bathe him and change his bed. On the weekends he is all ours.

Yesterday he got some movement back in one of his legs! Still no feeling below the knee but he can bend his knee. We all are excited about that! Dean has promised him that he will find a way to take him to a fishing derby at a small lake about 2 miles from here on the 4th of July. Haven't quite figured out how we will get him there in his wheelchair with all the tubes and bags he has attached, but where there is a will there will be a way! He knows he won't be able to stay there very long but he sure is looking forward to it.

His sister and BIL from Ohio are due in here sometime today. I've only met them one time, many years ago. Isn't it strange how years and years go by without anyone coming to see you and near the end everyone suddenly finds the time and money needed to make the trip?

My weight is a non-issue now. I think I'm below 260. Haven't been on a scale in weeks. Just not enough time to even think about it now. I'm sure proud of all of you for showing losses though! Maybe after all this is over I'll be able to get started losing again.

Thanks to everyone for staying in touch with me. I love you all.

Hugs, Judy
Old 06-26-2001, 02:04 PM   #15  

Thumbs down

Her I am with the real post now. As you know we went to visit Chrissy over the weekend and had a very wonderful fun time. Ate dinner at a very nice seafood place, had Mahi which was excellent. We also went to visit Chrissy's mom Mary at the nursing home. She is a sweetie too.Went for a bike ride after. Chrissy's new home is so very nice. I like it so much better than her other one. She has a nice Florida room that I could spend lots of time in if it were mine. I guess she does .Sunday we had a busy day. Met Papa (Sharon's dad) and Jerry (Sharon's brother ) and went out for breakfast.They are 2 very sweet people. I liked them from the start and so did my hubby.Then we went to the cemetary, then the lake then home for a cookout and Papa and Jerry came over for it too.That night we went to the Greektown casino and guess what? I won $300.00 on a slot machine. Chrissy was sitting next to me and couldn't believe how calm I was. So all in all we had a really nice time.
The reason for my "GAZING BALL" survey is that we got Chrissy one for her yard with t he stand and she nor her girls had never heard of them. And as we drove all around her area we only saw one other. I love them. I even yelled acroos to her neighbor if he knew what it was and he didn't either. Guess they aren't very popular there. I told Chrissy she will start a trend. LOL

JO.....Isn't it the truth. You start a job that should take an hour and it always turns into 4 hours and many trips to the hardware store.I bet it will look nice when done. Thanks for your esponse on the gazing ball. I have never heard of the bathtub Mary thing though. Good job on your loss at ww. Have a fun camping trip.

Gail...Very sorry to hear Ken is not feeling well. I hope they can get the stone removed so he will not be in too much pain. What procedure will they use? I'll say a prayer for you and him.

Julie...Hey!!!!1.26 miles in 30 minutes is a pretty good pace. I try to get to a 12 minute mile but it is really hard to do. I am happy with a 15 minute mile. But I seem to do better on the treadmill at the gym than outside.

Trish...Lokk at you go!!!Another 4 pounds. Don't you just feel so great when those clothes get looser? Keep up the great job.

Angeleyes....You are on a roll too.Keep up whatever you are doing as it seems to be working for you. 16 glasses of water a day? I would need to buy stock in the Depend Company if I ever drank that much!!!LOL I know they say you should drink to lose the weight but as lots of gals here know I never drank the water. Not as plain water anyway.

Sharon...How nice that you still keep in touch with your gradeschool friend. Sounds like you had a good time. What apleasure it was to meet Papa and Jerry. Soon they will be to visit you they said.

Judy.......It is nice to have some of your family there to help you and Cal during this time. Sorry to hear that his daughter left in a huff. That is too bad. Yes, isn't it always strange how when others seem to know a loved one may not be around long they seem to have this feeling they need to visit all of a sudden. It happens to everyone. It is so nice that your son will take Cal to the fishing derby. I am sure even if it is for a short time he will enjoy that. You are still in my prayers.{{{{{{{JUDY}}}}}}

Once again I don't have to go back to the therapist for 2 months so the meds for my panic/anxiety attacks seem to be doing the job of which I am very grateful. Talk to everyone later. Love to all...Sandi
Closed Thread