Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 11:27 AM   #1  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default Battle of the Bulge #1

Hey everyone!
Good idea moving us to support and I am glad our wonderful moderator will help us make that happen.

Today is weigh in day- it is really important that we all weigh in so we can get a start point and can see all the great progress we are going to make. If you don't want to post your weight that is OK too- you can just let us know how much you lose each week.
My weight: 286 (lost one pound)

I am so glad that you all decided to join me and feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. I am excited about this project
and want everyone to get as much out of it as they can.
I am going to keep a progress chart for everyone and will post on Sundays the "success stories" of the week. This can be a big victory or even just that you managed to stay on your plan all week and deserve a big pat on the back. So- let me hear about them. A small victory to you can be a big inspiration to the rest of us.
Glad to have everyone on board and I hope to get to know you all in the weeks to come.
Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 11-28-2004, 12:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 263.6/258.2/150

Height: 5'7

Default I Want In

Hello my name is michelle and I would like to particapte.... weighed my self today 227...Looking for a few people that can share the same struggles as me...hopefully with everyone support everyone will reach their goals and smile brighter then they already are...
Old 11-28-2004, 12:49 PM   #3  
Trying or Dying

Default Recap of program

Welcome Michiemish!
For those of you just reading this board to see what it is all about-
It was started on the buddy up board and moved here so there is an explantion on that board under "For those that need support and motivation"
but basically we are banding together to offer support and track our progress.

The schedule is:
Sun- weigh in day
Mon- support
Tues- support
Wed- food consumption: how is everyone doing? day
Thurs- exercise inquiry- how is everyone doing? day
Fri- fun and support
Sat- recap of week
Every Sunday is a new thread and the group is called Battle of the Bulge!
Everyone is welcome and you can jump in anytime. I am going to keep a progress spreadsheet on what we share so we can see how we are progressing.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:53 PM   #4  

Hello crimegirl and Michelle!!! Well I weighed in today at 278!! I'm so disappointed in myself. Before my birthday (Oct 23rd) I was down to 269. I thought I had been doing pretty well but I guess not. I've been out a few times plus these darn potlucks I guess I ate a little more than I thought. I'm back to my eating plan as of today and I'm exercising. Hopefully I'll be back to 269 soon.
Old 11-28-2004, 02:18 PM   #5  
Trying or Dying

Don't get discouraged oraki!
Look how far you have already come- one slip is not that bad and you have made an effort to stop it and now it is time to get heading in the right direction again.
You can do it!
You still have lost a lot of weight so don't get discouraged.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:23 PM   #6  

Hi Ladies,
Count me in. I need support and motivation everywhere I can get it. I didnt weigh today but at my moms yesterday I was 236...with clothes...and right after a big meal. I have trouble dealing with the moments of hopelesness. I do ok and then stumble badly. I need a good source of support.

I am also new here. I am considering surgery but would rather not I would rather do this on my own. Socially I am surrounded by overeaters so as a dieter, I am quite alone in my real life. I can be great at working out or skip for days.

I look forward to this!

Susanne
Old 11-28-2004, 09:31 PM   #7  

Hi everyone!! I am jumping on board here too. I soo need the support and motivation!!!
Old 11-28-2004, 10:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys - can I jump in too! I was doing great. 5 pounds from my goal and then something went very wrong. Now I weigh more than ever. Don't know the exact weight. I've been dreading that number. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. I was down and in serious need of support when I logged on tonight but just being here is already motivating me! For instance...I was eating a pie when I logged on...now I have water with lemon and am planning my walk tomorrow A.M. might even take my bike to work and ride around the lake during my afternoon break between clients!

Looking forward to losing with all of you!!! Finally excited about getting back on track. I feel like I can do it - FINALLY. THANKS ALREADY!

[/url]
Old 11-28-2004, 11:23 PM   #9  
Trying or Dying

Default Welcome everyone!

Hi everybody,
I am so happy so many people decided to join in- I think this is going to be so good for all of us...
Welcome on board Little grasshopper, Jazzmine, and Susanne!

Ok- so this ends Sunday- I have beginning weights for most of you and for those I don't we have a start point to start losing those pounds!

Tomorrow nothing special needs to be posted but maybe we can share what motivates us..for example, I like to surround myself with quotes from famous people that inspire me. I also am going to keep my most current pic on my fridge. Not only will it scare off any bugs- it keeps me on track because I have to look at it to get in my fridge.
What kind of things do you guys do?

In the spirit of quotes I love- here is one for everybody...
"You can't escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
~ Abraham Lincoln
Good night everyone! Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 11-29-2004, 08:03 AM   #10  

okay guys - going right now to strip down and get on the scales. I have not been looking forward to this moment at all.....well that didn't kill me. My starting number is 148. Guess I have good news after all I didn't gain the seven extra that I thought I gained

Here are two quotes that I love and think of all the time...both by Hellen Kellery. "While they were saying amongsth themselves it cannot be done, it was done." and "I long to accomplish a great an noble task, but it is my cheif duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble."

See everyone tonight. I am walking the lake today and started a book about training for a marathon - for beginners.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:54 PM   #11  

OK, I dont have a quote for you CrimeGirl, but your optimism is contagious. Im off to food shop and will have the goal of not doing something stupid like buying all the ice cream... I am putting a scale on my shopping list as well.

What motivates me is constant interaction with other people struggling and succeeding. Part of the problem of weight loss is the social isolation. All my friends are fat, no one works out. So I have no company or even someone to talk to. Losing weight can be very lonely and isolating. So just gettting to talk to someone else is a help. Just having someone care that I walked or that I manged to escape the grovery store without ice cream is a help.

Susanne
Old 11-29-2004, 02:35 PM   #12  
Trying or Dying

I know there are some of you that are shaking your head right now and asking- "How can she be on the board so much?? She needs to get a life!"

I promise I will calm down some soon! I am working on two big papers for school and believe me - this site is a lot more fun than that.
Besides I am excited because I know this will be the key for me losing weight.

little grasshopper- good news! I am so glad that you didn't lose ground on all your hard work. Happy Lake walking today and I think it is great that you are thinking about a marathon. ( I assume you are not reading the book for its plot line)

Susanne- I am looking through the screen right now and I am happy to say I don't see any ice cream in you kitchen. That's true, right??
I swear I hear it screaming for me in the grocery store so kudos if you managed to escape its demand for attention.
I am glad you decided to join us- I feel the same way about social isolation- either my friends are skinny as rails and dont have to worry about what they eat or they are overweight and not that concerned about it. So- I am also happy to have someone to talk to that understands my angst!

I hope everyone else is doing well today as well. I just entered the December challenge on the 100lb. board so that is one more thing for motivation. I have to eat right, exercise, and drink water everyday to earn points and try to win the challenge. I just love a good challenge!
Alright- I will go now! Happy eating right everyone!
Old 11-29-2004, 06:54 PM   #13  

I did manage to do ok at the grocery store. I bought no goodies. I bought white meat, soups, salad and Rice Chex.

I hope you dont calm down, someone to talk to is what will keep me going. Overeating is impulsive. It doesnt help if you post and then 3 days later you get a reply. Chatter keeps me going. Anyone who wants to write me and whine feel free!

I didnt exercise today but I did manage to eat salad, chicken and cereal. I also bought a scale which said I weigh 239! Ok, I was 232 friday at the gym but I think I will keep the 239 as this will be the scale I will weigh in on each day. I tried the "dont look at eh scale thing" but I always go up. I need the scale ..its sort of my food police...lol.

I tried a challenge board once before but without the conversation, it was like empty posting.

Ok, today I did ok with food, now lets see if I can add working out back.

Susanne

HW 265
CW 239
LW 128
1st GW 199
Old 11-29-2004, 07:19 PM   #14  

Hey everyone!! I guess I'm late checking in for today. I had a great day!!! I stuck with my eating plan and I did aerobics for 45 minutes!!! I didn't think I could make it that long. Plus some ab exercises!!! GO ME GO ME!!!! I just finished eating dinner but you know what?? Now I want something sweet. I have to figure out a healthy snack that I can have after dinner that will satisfy my sweet tooth. I tried a banana but that didn't work.

Now for my motivation. I found some pictures a couple of months ago that I took about 8 years ago. At the time I wore maybe a 16 or 18. I was trying to lose weight then also so I took pictures in just my sports bra and shorts. When I found these pictures I started thinking I wish I looked like that now!!! So I put all those pictures in my bathroom mirror. So every day I look at those pictures and they motivate me to get back to that size.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:44 PM   #15  

Hi guys!! CG I feel your pain!! I worked 3 jobs and went to shool full time - I thought I was going to explode from all the papers! What are you studying? Good luck on the challenge!!! Just the thing to keep you motivated!

Susane - I went shopping with BF tonight. It seems the healthier I shop, the worse he shops!! We have soda, cookies, bread, popcorn, chips, dip, and all kinds of other stuff. Luckily I can keep away from most of it. It's not screaming my name yet...I know it will though Most of my friends say they're doing something about their weight but in truth they're doing nothing more than talk about how they're starting next week.....always next week.

Today has been great! I walked the lake. Two hilly miles. I don't know the time, I didn't have a watch and I'm trying to get out of looking at time and focus on distance. I am looking tonight for a marathon I might want to run. The book I'm ready is about a marathon running class and their training program. They took 200 out of shape, non runners and 199 of them completed a marathon! I fit into the out of shape, non runner catagory pretty well....I need a goal too. This might be it. I'm surprised to hear myself say that I think I can do this...but I really think I can. If I can just stick to the program...and it's very easy. We'll see. Either way, I'm very motivated now and am excited about the new board!!! Better go before I write a book!
Closed Thread