Old 11-27-2004, 08:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Default Desperate Houswives #230 (saturday!)

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 08:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all! I guess everyone is sleeping in today, lol. When I go to bed at 8:30 I am up and rearing to go at 6:30 with no problems. Of course the kids slept until 7 am so I lounged in my warm bed until then, lol.
So what does everyone have planned for today? I'm going to finish up my house, I may venture out sometime today to get some groceries. Not sure on that one yet. I have to make my list first. I did WI this morning because I've been feeling like I've been so terrible OP lately, but I'm still holding at 121 so that is good! I've really been thinking more about a treadmill lately. Since I get up so early now for work I'd love to get up and run for 20-45 min before getting ready for work. I guess I should start saving for one. But I get absolutely no exercise in now that I'm working. I sit at my desk most of the day and on occasion get up to use the bathroom or go to the lunch room. I do park my van far away from the door though... it's hike for me. I figure that will help me some, lol. And when it was snowing the other day I got a nice run in! LOL! But I need to get some structured exercise in, I know. I'm never going to tone this poor body up if I don't.
Anyway, enough rambling, lol. Let me go back and get personal with everyone.

Michelle, yes kids do say the funniest things. My kids are always coming up with phrases that shock me but are so innocent when they say them that I can't help but laugh, but i do have my limits, lol. Sounds like you really got all the great deals yesterday! I think lingerie is a sweet idea from your dh. He thinks you are very sexy and beautiful and lingerie really flatters. I would say if you are uncomfortable tell him to buy something that isn't too revealing, you know? Not something see through and crotch less, lol! Something more elegant and beautiful, maybe a long satin gown or something like that. I love lingerie and have tons of it, but remember too, lingerie never stays on very long, lol... so don't spend a ton of money on it, lol.

Kristin, so sorry about your tooth! I have wisdom teeth that have never completely come in yet, they've bothered me since I was 18, so about once a year they really get to throbbing and hurting so bad so I feel for ya! Where are you working at? I guess I missed all that. And yes, I plan on being around more, lol... I feel so bad for being MIA for so long but this is all so new to me. And we cover so much info in training that some nights I come home and my head hurts so much from it all. But I really enjoy it, lol.

Ricci, so what are you learning in class now? Are you about finished?

Chris, sounds like you had fun yesterday too! My SIL did call to ask if I wanted to go shopping, but I know she is broke and would start asking me to buy stuff for her so I just said I wanted to stay home for the day. Which was nicer anyway, I got alot done here and rested some. DH will be home tonight sometime! So what happened to your wrist? Writing all those checks!? JK! LOL.

Ok, well I guess I will get off here. Today is the living room and laundry, so I'll see you all later!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 09:07 AM   #3  
Jeniqua

Good morning! It's soo nice to see you Spryng. Well today I hope to be OP. I got rid of all my desserts last night. I really need to lose this weight. This morning I got up and ran up and down my stairs for 25 minutes. I wish I could run outside but I have no sitter so this will have to work for now. I also did my WATP3 since my legs were too weak to do the firm.

Today I am going to visit my best friend Tabatha. She just got out of the hospital on Thursday. The Dr.'s are definitely saying she has MS and they are treating her for it now. She has a hard time getting around still because she's still sore. The dr's are worried about her losing her vision too so please keep her in your prayers.

I'm going to finish cleaning around the house today too so we can start putting the Christmas decorations up today. This year I brought an artificial Christmas tree. My friend's husband sold it to me for $100 and they paid $300 for it. It's so big it takes up half the LIving Room! I can't wait to decorate it. I'm looking forward to getting ready to make my Christmas cookies too to give away as gifts also. Do any of you do that?? Well I better get started before I never leave this computer...LOL!! I'll bb later.

Have a wonderful day ladies!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 09:42 AM   #4  
I'm a homeschool mama

Deana, wtg on that pound gone...during Thanksgiving. I've got your gift as well, I'll have to get the wrapping stuff when I go to Walmart next, so I'll try to get it out by Wednesday, but it will be next week for sure.

Spryng, I'm sure you could use Splenda in place of the sugar, but I'm not sure what you can use in place of the powdered sugar. I also don't know if Pumpkin has any sugar in it or not. I don't even know what a jelly roll pan is...I've always used a cookie sheet. The long, thin rectangular. This comes out really thin that's why it only takes 15 minutes to bake. The filling will be spread over the opposite side of the pecans. The pecans will be on the outside, alot of it is for look as well as taste. I don't know if you could use that paper or not...the tea towel absorbs moisture and holds the roll in place all night. It forms it into a roll more or less. I trash the tea towel after I use it and I would reccommend only using a tea towel, I don't know how it would turn out if it was done in anything differently. But you give whatever a try and let me know how it works. I'd like to know.

Okay, cleaning is on my agenda today and nothing more. I mean really cleaning...dusting, mopping, vaccuming and EVERYTHING. I've got to eat breakfast and clean the kitchen first. I'll be back around later.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 10:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning girls!!

Spryng thanks you made me feel better about the lingerie thing lol I didn't remember that all lingerie doesn't have to be trashy Woo hoo I was so excited to see a post from you this morning!! Any big plans for today?

Today is my 27th birthday which I forgot about until hubby mentioned it on the phone when I called to tell him that Taylor and the dogs knocked the xmas tree over while i was sleeping!! She slips out of bed and I don't even notice I think she's gotten pretty sneaky!! lol

Well I still need a little more sleep to catch up from yesterday so I'm hoping to get a nap before I go to work at 3 we'll see if it happens though lol.

I'm gonna try and fix my tree now! TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 10:24 AM   #6  
I'm a homeschool mama

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!!!
The big 27, just like me. I don't mind aging at all, I just have a hard time realizing I'm 27. It's like that means I'm an adult and I don't think I ever thought I was, lol. I remember being 18 and thinking wow 27, and now I'm one of those 27 yo's. Have a happy, happy birthday.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 10:38 AM   #7  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

!!! GOOD SATURDAY MORNING LADIES !!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE

Hope you have a great day today! I got some of the same things you got, leappad, books for it, bratz dolls (picked up for SIL). I agree with Spryng....it doesn't stay on long enough to constitute spending alot on it . Just tell Zhaun to use his best judgment and DO NOT ask the salesgirl to try it on so he can see how it looks!

Spryng: Sounds like you are feeling better today.

Kristin: You poor thing! I really hope you can hold out til Wednesday. Sounds like it is pretty bad. I've had that before and just ended up pulling it since root canals are soooo expensive and I didn't have insurance at the time. Get to feeling better soon girl

Chris: Hope your wrists are better today....danged RA!

Jeniqua: Wow, what a tree! We don't have ours yet and probably won't til 2 weeks before. We make a day of it and take the kids to lunch, pick out our tree (real) then come home, turn off the phone, tv, and puter and decorate. I think we're going to string popcorn and cranberries this year for garland. The kids get to make the ornaments as a craft day so we'll be doing that in the next 2 weeks also. We also make a craft item for each family's home...grandparents, aunts and uncles. Last year it was picture frames in salt-flour dough painted so that each looked different. They were too cool, now I have to find something for this year that is cool too. I will be keeping your friend in my thoughts that she will feel better soon.

Crystal: Ty for the wtg! on my pound loss.

Well, I need to get up and get something going around here. Slept in but it was much needed after yesterday.

to all you other sahm's. Have a great day all!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 11:22 AM   #8  
2BoysMom

Happy Birthday Michelle!!

I can't believe Tay pulled your tree down! I'm afraid to put ours up because Tony's going to do the same thing . He's a beast already this mornining! I'm ready to put him back in bed! Will's being pretty good.

Wow, I slept in until 9am this morning! I can't believe it!! I still have this cold so it probably did me good. I went to sleep before 10:30 last night.

Deana, congrats on the # down. You have been doing so great.

Chris..sorry the RA is giving you trouble again. How often does it flare up? Is it a daily thing?

Janiqua...sorry about the MS. That's going to be a tough one. She's lucky to have you to help her through it.

Kristin..hope the tooth gets better. I HATE the dentist

Spryng...healthy dinners...don't ask me. I'm way off plan again. I don't get off of work until 5 so by the time I pick the boys up and get home it's almost 6 and they are hungry...so like you, it's grab something quick. I need to make them something quick and make myself a lean pocket and a salad or something. I have been grabbing soup for myself alot with this cold..the heat feels good. You were always a good meal planner. Maybe you can do a lot of cooking on the weekends (yep...when you're trying to catch up on the laundry, cleaning, time with kids, etc ) and then have leftovers throughout the week. I haven't exercised but once in the last two weeks. My cold's all in my sinuses so I have to stop every 30 seconds to blow my nose . I will get back to it though. My older brother has lost 30 lbs so far just cutting back his food and soda intake and he looks great! He wants to lose another 25...he can't look great without me .

Crystal... has it stopped raining there yet? That's all it seems to do here this month. How's the house coming?

Hi to everyone else out there. Gotta run 'cause Tony's at it again...does anyone want a 18mo old who's in his terrible 2's alreadY???????

TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 11:29 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies...

Michelle- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Hope you have a great day! 27-I wish I were still that number. I get to be 34 this coming April. BTW-I have the same phobia about the lingerie. Flattered that the dh still thinks like that but scared to death to let him see me in anything less than my pjs.

Spryng-Good morning! I probably have check-writing wrist... I wrote enough of them out. In all seriousness, it's the danged RA acting up again. My flare ups are getting more frequent and more intense which says my meds aren't working as well anymore. I just have to hold on til February. My insurance will pay for a different treatment then. Which is good because the next thing they want to try is very expensive (around $1500 every 8 weeks). I wish I could have at least developed a cheaper disease.

Crystal-Get those decorations up. I know what you mean about the being 18 and thinking that 27 was old. Try it being 34. I keep thinking, wow, I'm in my 30s.

Jeniqua-The tree sounds like it will be spectacular. I personally don't make much for goodies at Christmas. I usually burn them. My sister (aka Martha Stewart ) usually does a lot of baking. She makes biscotti, these very yummy coffee-bite brownies, rosettes, sugar cookies, etc. Her and her MIL are starting up a caterig business after the holidays, I guess. They have a job on Dec. 26 to do.

Deana-Slow done girl. You're making me dizzy. You are sooo busy all the time. Are you really the energizer bunny? I also wait until a couple weeks before Christmas for the tree. My kids can't keep their hands off the ornaments and by the time Christmas gets around the bottom of the tree is bare and the decorations have all moved to the top. Plus for some reason the trees around here dry up so fast. Needles everywhere.

Spryng-I'll join you in the cleaning club today. My house still looks like a mess from Thanksgiving. And I have a ton of laundry to do...AGAIN! I hate laundry. My room of irritation today is the family room. DH started installing our fireplace a few days ago and there is dust from the wood everywhere. Tonight we are doing the sheetrock so that we can get the mantle on and get the front done so it'll be nice and pretty for Christmas. It'll be our first year to actually hang our stockings up.

Hi Roxy, Geri, Ginny, Cheri, Misty, Mel, Penny, and the rest of the group. Have a great morning. I'll be a checkin back in a little later.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 11:32 AM   #10  
Seen any cute shoes???

Default Saturday...

Hey Ladies..

Happy Happy Birthday Michelle. I hope it's fabulous.

Spryng--hey you, I didnt' know you were working. It sounds fun and busy. I hear you I usually go to bed by 10 at the latest. I usually get up about 4:30. Last night though I went to bed at 8:30. LOL

Crystal--Hope you get that cleaning done. Elijah flooded the toilet this a.m. so I've already had the floormate out cleaning that up. I've also done some light cleaning. But I need to catch up on laundry today so that will be my agenda.

The boys are all kind of sicky/colds and so we are just bumming around the house. Donald has to double back today so he'll come in from dayshift get a few hrs of sleep and then head back into work night shift. I have to run a book back to the library and pick up books for next weeks lessons too. I've been walking everyday and drinking lots of water. So I'm just trying to make this pregnancy the best it can be, considering I started off heavier than I would have wanted.

ok--off to watch tv with my sniffly boys for a bit and then to tidy up around here.
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 11:38 AM   #11  
soontobethin

Good morning. I am getting ready to go workout. I got Ginny's present mailed out this morning. I have to clean my house sometime today, and hopefully it will stay that way.
Spryng, I still have a year left of school. We get to work on people now, and I even make tips. But, this next year may go kind of slow. Have a great day eveyone.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 12:40 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Here I am again. I'm having a serious motivation problem lately. I don't feel like doing much of anything, esp. housework. I'll maybe get with it! Maybe.

In answer to your question Geri, the flares come like once a week now. I used to be able to go around 3 weeks without much of a problem. And I only got flares around TOM with the meds I am on. Not any more. Dang stuff.

Well Nicole needs my help. Kayla tore her pancake in half and now Nicole wants me to put it back together again. Its so funny trying to make them understand that it won't go back together. She's just going to have to eat it like it is. Ok brother...Now Kayla has the cat in a death grip. GOtta go.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 02:26 PM   #13  
**Kristin**

hello!

You ladies are hopin' today, still fighting the tooth, ugh, but I am getting used to it kinda. THe pain comes in waves...then it is gone for about 30 minutes....like contractions! LOL! At our house, we dedicatead this weekend to "deep clean" the house. Dh and I got out the ol steam cleaner and everything. We have the whole upstairs done, except the bathrooms. So the rest of today is bathrooms, and the basement and laundry room. Tomorrow will be the kitchen, dining, living room, and entry. We are doing this, so on TUesday (dh ha the day off) we can put up ALL of the christmas stuff, inside and out! We also have out famiyl portrait that day too. I am not excited about that, I don't look half as good as I wanted to . Oh well, I really need to focus on weight loss, especially now around the holidays. Here are the things that I am going to do to get me through dreaded december and all the holiday food:
1. reduce all portions
2. water, water, water
3. no sugar snacks
4. exercise 3-4 times a week

HOPE IT WORKS! LOL ! Okay getting wave of pain again.....TTYL I'll try and get back to get personal
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 05:31 PM   #14  

Hello to all of you wonderful ladies!!!!!!! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I'm sorry I haven't posted. I've had my little sister here for 2 days and have been trying to keep her busy. SHe's 10 years old and gets bored quick.

Anyway, HelloOOooooooOOO SPRYNG! Nice to hear from you.

Michelle, I was babysitting once when I was about 15 and the kids pulled the xmas tree down on me! It wasn't on the stand properly. SHe is a bit sneaky your little one. Did anything break?

Deana, hello girl!

Kristin, I hope your tooth feels better soon.

Cheri, how's it all going?

CHris and Ricci, hope all is well. Come this week, I'll have to try to catch up with you all some more.

Hello to everyone like me who is MIA. I'm loving getting some decorating done for xmas. I love to pull out all the reds and greens!

ttyl
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 06:37 PM   #15  
Jeniqua

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE

You're 27..I'm only 28 and I still feel 21 . I hope you have a lovely day.

Kristin~ I hope your tooth feels better too. I don't have dental coverage anymore and my tooth was throbbing really bad last week. Luckily I had amoxicillan(sp?) left over and some pain killers. It stopped for now but I don't know what I'm going to do the next time.

Chris~thank you!! The kids are really ecited about putting the Christmas tree up. This is embarassing but my husband tries every year to keep the tree up til his birthday(March 16th). One year he did and it was a real tree . You should've seen our carpeted floor . So, this year I am going artificial. He's going to be but I'm the one that always ends up cleaning it up.

Deana~ That pcture frames sounds like a neat craft! I'm looking up some ideas for ornaments too so that the girls can make some. Unfortunately I am not that crafty but they'll have to love it anyways

Chubba~ Thanks for commenting on my friend. She says she's still sore but feeling a little better. I feel for her.

Crystal~ My friend that has MS can't get out because she's so sore and I gave her those websites to shop at. She told me to tell you THANK YOU!! She feels so much better knowing she can shop for her kids now. It really made her day.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote