South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 06:06 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Friday chit chat

Morning chicks can't believe I am the first this morning. I will get us started and then I will be back one daughter is up and in the shower the other still in bed........
Old 11-26-2004, 06:39 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I was up before you, Little Chick, because the Girls were having a barking competition. I imagine most of the USA Chickies will be late this morning because turkey makes you sleep well! I'm envious and will probably have to cook a bird sometime in the next few weeks. (We go to my sister's for Christmas dinner this year but I love the aroma of turkey!)

My "window treatments" are done and look really great. The decorator and her husband were very competent and were finished by 12:30. Jane was here to be with HArry so I set off to shop. Bad decision! We had freezing rain. I got a mile from the village, said "Why?" and turned around. I Had a veggie burger at the Lone Star here in town and then went home to have a nap while Jane and Harry looked after the Girls and the woodstove.

Today we have a sprinkle of snow and it's very cold so I guess winter is officially here. I have to deliver one costume for Country Christmas and press a few others and that'll be it for today.

I hope everyone has a great TGIF or Day After Turkey Day! DATD?
Old 11-26-2004, 06:47 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

The sun isn't even up yet and I've already had a run-in with BIL. I figured yesterday I made a nice dinner, it was a relaxing day...it would be a good time to approach him about his smoking at the house. Wrong.

I first said I understood that it would be difficult for him, but would he please consider trying to quit or at least not smoke at the house this winter since with the cold we'll all be in closer confines. And since I have to deal with smokers at work all day my breathing is getting worse and worse. He parroted my words back at me and WALKED OUT OF THE ROOM ON ME!!! ARRHHGGHHH!!!!! Instead of following him and dumping a hot bowl of oatmeal on his head like I wanted, I went upstairs and told dh in no uncertain terms that this his jerk brother is OUT of my house in January or *I* am out. The guy is a complete and utter A$$h0le. No respect for the fact that he's living in MY house and I am just about at the end of my tether.

Didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night, either. My tummy just doesn't like it when I go off program, no matter how small the amount, so it grumbled and complained all night long. Today will be 100% OP. Squash, spinach and boiled eggs for lunch, leftover turkey and more squash for dinner.

Hope all you chicks have a great day on the Beach. Keep warm. It's a cold one out there!

Mamacita
Old 11-26-2004, 06:57 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

My sympathies on the idiot BIL, Mama. Good ultimatum. I hope your DH deals with this and fast so Christmas doesn't get screwed up for you. Could you knit BIL a shroud out of steel wool or something?
Old 11-26-2004, 07:33 AM   #5  
Trapped Skinny Person

Mornin Little Chick, Ruth & Mamchita (and everyone else that shows up )

Little Chick - Good morning you early riser - actually I have been up since 5am - but don't get online till I get to work.

Ruth - I too like the smell of a roasting turkey - but after cooking (and washing dishes) all day - I never feel like eating it once done - I'd rather wait and have a late night toasted turkey & mayo sandwich - bad I know.

And it is only DH, DS and I, so we always have leftovers for the week ACK!

Will be doing it for Christmas - have to go looking for the smallest turkey I can find

Mamachita - You stick to your guns. As a former smoker (2 yrs now) I know it can be hard to quit, but I NEVER smoked in my house or car. You can't smoke at the workplace either - so I smoked outside on the porch or I didn't smoke (DH didn't even want me stinking up the garage!). It's your house and your's and DH's health you have to consider.

Me - Ok so today the scale said......drum roll please..........

240 lbs!!!!!! that's 10 pounds gone!!! Woo Hoooo - I have reached my November goal!

Just picture this fat chick dancing around her bathroom in her underwear at 5am....ok maybe you shouldn't

So I am in a good mood AND it's Friday! Could the world be better?

Going shopping tonight - hope to finish it all off.

Have a nice weekend ladies!

Kim
Old 11-26-2004, 07:36 AM   #6  
I vant to draw your blood

Bups Congrats on the 10 pounds gone!! whoo hoo!!

Ruth, love the steel wool idea...wish it were practical...but I'm seriously toying with the idea of closing the Mama's Diner. I've about had it up to my Baby Blues cooking his meals every night with nary a word of thanks and having to deal with his surliness to boot. If I make life about as comfortable as wearing steel wool undies, maybe he will pick up stakes and move!!

Mamacita...who needs to get her scrubs on and bundle up and hit the road.

Last edited by Mamacita; 11-26-2004 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:55 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Kim, congratulations on reaching your November goal!!

Mamacita, don't you have a gun? I mean, I'm completely against them, but we Canadians are under the impression that EVERYONE "down there" has at least one gun tucked in their glove compartment or night table drawer.
Anytime I hear a story like yours on this board, I think, "That's IT! Any minute now... Court TV!"
There's always poison... you could actually put one of his cigarettes IN his food.
What about falling down the stairs? Start placing small rubber balls on the stairs.
Plenty more ideas where those came from... hang in there, sweetie.

Ruth, I'm glad you turned around. It's just not worth it driving on roads like that.

Hi, Little Chick! How are you, hon?

I'm cranky as old heck, and I'm out of coffee. We had mom over for a very casual (because of the renovations) dinner last night (I picked up Swiss Chalet, and we ate in the tv room while watching a movie), and I ate TOO MUCH!!
However, I am back on track today. Going to pick up some coffee beans, instruct DH to buy his lunch (he usually comes home... lovely, but it disrupts my day), and get some work done around this **** hole!
The pot lights are in, and DH has made a good start on the plumbing. I'll see if I can post some pics shortly...

Back later, chickies... love you all!
Old 11-26-2004, 08:47 AM   #8  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning Chickies,

Oh my gosh - I'm still stuffed. Everything I had was OP - but I had way WAY too much! I tossed & turned all night. I made my stuffing out of low carb bread, I had mashed cauliflower for taters, I had onion wraps w/thin sliced turkey, sweet potato/cauliflower/pumpkin souffle, turkey of course and low fat/low carb pumpkin cheesecake. It's all OP for me - and I know when I eat to much sugar cause I get the runs - I had no runs last night. It must have been the bread that pushed it over the edge. I haven't had any form of bread since starting SBD and I was uncomfortable until at least midnight. I think today is going to be shakes and veggies all day.

I'm at work early because the alarm system people are here to install an alarm today. Someone tried to break in - I think they think we are an actual medical facility with medicines and we are just a school with no medicines.

Mama - Kick that good ole boy right out on his patootie. I smoked for years and finally quit using the gum. I can barely tolerate to be around smoke (they say former smokers are the worst) and won't allow anyone to smoke in my house or car. Heck here in Michigan people stand out in garages in 20 degree weather to have their smokes - I would think that would be enough to make anyone quit. It's your house sister - lay down the law.

Ellis - you crack me up! Best ideas yet. I don't own a gun but the big joke is on certain days before my TOM - my family is pretty sure I do it with my bare hands.

Kim - Congrats! You go girl.

Ruth - love the dog stories. I realize how much fun it is was to have a dog. The girls were just having a little disagreement.

We got just pounded with snow on Wednesday night. It is just beautiful. Everything is so bright! It wasn't fun to drive in but I have 4 wheel drive - you just have to watch for everyone else. I went to go buy Christmas presents for DS on turkey day - thought I would beat the rush because he was with the X. Walmart is closed on Turkey day! I was in utter disbelief. I'm glad that there a still companies who have enough respect for their employees to give them the day off to spend with families. Who knew.

I'm pretty sure my November goal is going to be dust but hey there is always December.

Last edited by anchor weight; 11-26-2004 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:30 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Mamacita, use your loom and make him a sleeping bag out of barbed wire or that razor wire. Can you tell I'm still fuming?
Old 11-26-2004, 09:32 AM   #10  
A Lily from my yard!

Well Good Morning Chickies! Looks like we all survived the turkey day fest! Well for me it was a ha, fest! teehee!
Mama... I can not believe the nerve of some folk! I'll be over in Ga. next weekend if you need me to come by and help ya! teehee A lil moral support! I'll borrow dh steel toed boots! heehee
Ellis.... out of coffee!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I would be illin to! No we don't all have guns! Kids ya know! My dear brother makes up for alot of us that don't have them! haha
Ruth... See how smart you are turning back and takin a nap! My kind of day! teehee
Bups... congrats on the weight loss!
Little Chick... Good morning! I thought why is her kids up and then membered your in Canada! Silly me!
Anchor weight....Maybe you should put stickers on the windows that says training facility only no drugs on premises. That stinks for y'all I hope the alarm works out!
OK DH has found another house for investment property so we are off to look at it this morning! It is so cold and i do not want to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's 37 which to me is frigid! I know some of y'all chicks think that's a nice day! teehee! Have a great day all! DH has my breakfast done so I gotta run! Have an OP day!
Old 11-26-2004, 10:18 AM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi chicks I finally got back to the puter. My dad is a puter hog just like my kids. Anyway he finally left to go have lunch with my mom. ( It is nice that they can get along, and are still friends.) glad all you chicks had a great turkey day. Oh poor Mama I feel for you Ellis' and Ruth's suggestions sound great take care you should lock yourself in the bathroom and take a long hot bath with candles and maybe even a small glass of wine. As long as BIL has not left ring around the tub.

It is chilly here I had to turn up the heat this morning. We had terrible amounts of rain yesterday and last night which knocked out my phone line good thing I have a cell so I did not have to go through phone withdrawl. Well I must go I need to find my christmas book which I think I packed up with my christmas stuff last year I need to find my hot choc recipie I think I am going to make homemade hot choc and choc dipped spoons for teacher gifts and gifts for my wee ones as well as my sister, brother and my sister in laws I think I will get mugs and put them into baskets for gifts. Money is a little tight this year so I need to use my imagination a little. Have a great day on the beach chicks.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:58 AM   #12  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Girls! I just wanted to stop by to say hi and let you know that hopefully soon I'll be back full-time! I am almost at the end of my pregnancy. I still have 2.5 weeks left, but I could go sooner since baby is engaged, I am almost completely effaced, 2 cm (as of 2 weeks ago) dialated and last night I started losing my plug. I am so tired of being pregnant that, if you ask me, the sooner the better. I am glad to see that everyone seems to be doing well.

Marmacita, you have more patience than me. If he didn't change his tune, that BIL would be out by the end of the week!

Talk to you all soon. ((HUGS))
Old 11-26-2004, 10:59 AM   #13  

I feel GREAT! I'm on my third cup of coffee, have had a happy email from my sister (she's in England on a trip with her DH, and I told her that if she sees Dad there, she's to bring him home immediately), a great email from a friend in Ukraine (little rough over there right now), and have just built a closet thingy in the basement for extra coats and shoes/boots.
Can anyone explain why we each need about a dozen (or more) coats!?!? Is this a Canadian thing, or is it just my family?

Mamacita, it seems the general consensus is that we kill your BIL. We're all willing to help.

Amy, how's it going with the shakes and veggies? Are you working those carbs out of your system?

Bamie, did you deep-fry your turkey? I know we've talked about this before, I can SO hear you talking when I read your posts. I love it.

LC, I like your gift idea. I made those spoons one year, and they turned out really well!

Okay... now for my next project. I have to carry a table up to the attic from the basement. And then bring the guinea pigs (with their enormous home) down from the cold attic room to the warm room in the basement. This may take days...
Old 11-26-2004, 11:00 AM   #14  

Jennie... I missed your post! So good to hear from you! I'm glad things are going well... good luck, sweetie!
Closed Thread