Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 09:47 AM   #1  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default Cow's Day Off

Lushie, it turns out that everyone thinks you look Italian. I dosn't know how they got your picture unless I accidentally sent it. Anyway, [size=huge]I'm right again. [/size]

Remember how cute I was at 133??? Real cute, in case you don't. Well, now I weigh 141 and I'm sick of it. Today I will eat smaller portions, more fruits and veggies, and a little protein. Also, I will dejunk the bookcase by Herbie's bed. It has my stuff on it, wouldn't you know!

Also, I will exercise now and then. I will not have a big fat goal of doing tons of exercise but will fit it in. Some crunches. A walk. Some weight stuff.

Sugar won't talk about US to her friend will she? Or if she does, she'll say I'm her favorite? I feel so insecure.
Old 06-21-2001, 12:05 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hello Exercise Fiend

I know you're just saying that. You'll be running 3 miles, doing a weight circuit and playing 6 sets of tennis before 2 PM.

I'm shocked that you have placed your belongings in the private bedroom of Mr. Herbie. I'm telling.

I got DD to wash the car! All I had to do was buy her a pair of short shorts and a camo tank top. Oh dear, was that a bad trade??

Sugar Plum sent me a link that actually worked for me! Of course, there was nothing interesting there, as promised, but I don't feel quite so left out anymore. Thank you dear!

Off to take DD swimming and get my cahh serviced for my long and arduous trip which starts at 8:00 sharp tomorrow!

Kiwi
Old 06-21-2001, 02:44 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hmph.

For someone with the day off, you don't post much.

I was just reading my June Tide newsletter (did I really sign up for that? ) and I discovered that our very own Marcella from North Bergen, NJ won a year's supply of Tide in the Spin and Win contest!

Here's her essay:

My hero is my grandfather, Honore Dethier. He came to America with his sister when he was 12 years old. He knew four languages, none of which were English. He served in the Belgium War, WWI and WWII, fighting not only for his freedom, but mine as well. He lost most of his hearing from fighting for this land. When asked if he would do it again, come to this country only to wind up in two wars, his response was, "In Belgium I fought to survive. Here I fought for my freedom and yours." How could he not be my hero?
- Marcella

Congratulations, Marcella dear, I hope your laundry maid makes good use of all that lovely detergent.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 06-21-2001 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-21-2001, 05:11 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Thumbs down

In a charitable spirit after reading of Marcella's selfless act of Tide donation, I have made a very special donation myself. I had my hair hacked off and I'm donating a 14" ponytail to Wigs for Kids. Incredibly, I still have some hair left after that and will obtain a mug shot in short order. All that honey-colored hair will go to coif some young victim of beauty salon accidents or something. (Please, I'm kidding -- they make hair replacements for kids who've lost their hair due to chemo or other medical reasons)

Kiwi
Old 06-21-2001, 11:51 PM   #5  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default Cow with Best Fur

clearly, that is/was Kiwi and this caramel-colored mane is a wonderful gift for some child. A little girl (12 or so) around here did that. We ran a whole spread of her hair being cut. She ended up with a bouncy little bob.

I did good today with eating and exercising. I'm sure you will all be proud and you will resist calling me a b*tch like a certain short-haired person did in email recently.

Isn't that Lusho a cutie though? You'd hardly know we were sisters. She has such a sophistocated Mediterrean look to her.
Old 06-22-2001, 07:45 AM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Thumbs down en route to fun in sun

I didn't say that, I said b****. So there. And really, it was with the greatest affection...

I'm supposed to be packing so we can leave in 20 minutes

So who's meeting us at the beach? NO ONE???? Everyone have better things to do? Well, wish me luck, 5 days in the car with 2 13 yr old girls, 7 days with 2 parents and 7 nights with a 1 yr old in the next crib. They call that a vacation?

Au revoir, kiddies!

Kiwi
Old 06-22-2001, 03:06 PM   #7  

Default Hey, I'm somebody!

And I didn't say I thought Lushy looks italian. DH's family is italian and she doesn't look a thing like DH. She doesn't have the big mustache that DH has. You cows look like you're having such fun. And cows just wanna have fu-un. Just like Cindi Lauper said.

I don't have anything to say. I'm not going to the beach for a fun filled week or nuttin'. I have rescheduled my hypertufa weekend with my girlyfriends for this weekend, though. I think I'll serve snacks and foo-foo drinks. We will also be making concrete leaf shaped stepping stones w/ rhubarb leaves. Cool, huh?

Lushy, how far away are you from Bud Lake, Joisy? We have friends that just moved there. She is an executive w/ AT&T. He is a househusband. He fixes her breakfast, warms up her car and sends her to work, then he goes back to bed for a couple hours. I want a job like that.
Closed Thread