Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 11-21-2004, 11:06 PM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/22-11/28

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...726#post719726

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 11:10 PM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Once again, I was side tracked and didn't get on the board as I thought I would. I'm not making any more promises to get on at any specific time - I can only do what I can when I can - I have so much to do today but will do my darndest to at least get on and give a heartfelt hello. Until then, here's the
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
thoughts for you all to start the week with - I think both of them are fantastic!

RELATE TO THE GOAL

Before you consider the difficulties, consider the rewards you'll enjoy after getting past those difficulties. Before looking at the effort you must put forth, look at what you have an opportunity to accomplish.
Yes, there are obstacles that stand in front of you. And the most effective way to get through them is with a meaningful, compelling reason.

Look, in your imagination, to the other side of the mountain. For it is the strength of your vision that will carry you over that mountain.

When your heart is in the effort, you'll find a way to prevail against whatever may block your path. When your heart is in the effort, you'll be fully and effectively engaged every step of the way.

See, hear, feel and taste the end of the journey before you even begin. The more vividly you visualize and relate to the goal, the more energy you'll have to get there.

Difficult as it may be, there is a path from here to there. Connect solidly with your purpose for going, and you'll surely complete the journey.

-- Ralph Marston

EXPAND ON IT

Take what works for you and expand on it. Build on the small successes and you'll soon be enjoying big successes.

A small accomplishment many not seem like much. Its value, however, goes far beyond the accomplishment itself.

For even a small accomplishment teaches you how to create positive value. And that's a skill that can be expanded almost without limit.

A small accomplishment demonstrates without a doubt that you can do it, and puts momentum on your side. Take the opportunity to build on that momentum, and it soon becomes a powerful, compelling force.

Whatever your situation is, whatever you may be doing, there's something about it that has positive value, something about it that works. Take that positive value and build on it.

Where others may see nothing but problems, take the one, tiny positive aspect and expand on it. That's how real and lasting success is built.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 08:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies,

I can't believe I'm the first one here. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Eating was good. We had people over Sat night to watch ballgames and I was so proud. I had pork rinds with my salsa, cheese with no crackers. Skipped all the chips and sweets.

Yesterday, we put up our Christmas lights outside and I got the tree up (not decorated) and some other decorations out. So it was a produtive weekend.

Went to the rheumatologist this morning. She really doesn't think it's the arthritis as much as from the treatments. That figures. She said it will just take time. Ugh!

On a good note, I called in the radio station this morning and won a new Allison Kraus CD. First time I have ever gotten through and won anything. Why couldn't if have been money!! Never happy.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm off to eat some breakfast.

Be back later.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:00 AM   #4  
Going to Meet My Goal!

good morning ... congrats Jackk i love alison krauss...wtg on forgoing the chips and sweets

well i sent kevin off to school with dev this morning thinking it was dev's field trip...lol i get home and kevin walks in the door, freaked me out i thought something had happened to dev...turns out the field trip isnt till NEXT monday....lack of sugar is messing with my faculties

just a quick flyby cause i have to run to the healthfood store and do a couple errands this morning...not sure what to have for breakfast but it will have to be quick...

hope everyone has a great day
sebray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:17 AM   #5  

Monet slept rather late this morning! You notice I did not say last night? I could not fall asleep and got up and played on the computer for over an hour, while Tom snored behind me. Finally, I felt sufficiently sleepy to crawl in bed. I then woke up every hour until four. From four until eight, I slept ok, and finally got up at 8:30. Unfortunately, I have a sore throat, and a stuffy nose. I am sucking on a Coldeeze right now. I hope it helps. I hate having a cold!

I was hoping to see a post from FILLISE...just so I know she got home. I guess I will call her again.

I can't get over how foggy it is here today. I keep thinking about my neighbor/friend. She is having a hysterectomy this morning. I am hoping I can get out to the hospital to see her tomorrow. I have not driven that far yet, so I am not sure about it. I can't get Tom to take me since we have small group tomorrow night, so if I go, I have to go alone. Too bad she couldn't have picked a hospital closer to home!

I guess I will go find another cup of coffee, and try and get James up again. Later!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:09 AM   #6  

Good Morning, and Happy Thanksgiving Week!! I cannot believe it is already the week of Thanksgiving.

I am starting off the week right. I weighed this morning, and was 119.5#'s, and got up at 4 a.m. to get to the gym. I plan to go to the gym on Wednesday morning, and then on Friday and Saturday as well. My goal is 4 times a week.

I have to go to the dentist this morning. I have a tooth that is throbbing and my gums are swollen, and they bleed when I floss around this one tooth; I guess I could have some type of infection in there.

I went to Target yesterday; it was cold and rainy and I was in the Holiday shopping spirit. I got a kid's folding table for $12.99, with two matching chairs for $12.99, so the full set for $26. It seems very durable. We will need it on Thanksgiving, but the kids can use it year round for tea parties, and such. I also bought my husband a coffee pot that brews one cup of coffee at a time, which will also be good for tea. They had a smokin' deal that if you bought the 6-pack of Juan Valdez coffee pods for $29, you would get the coffee pot for free ($60 value). I hope he likes it.

Ken: We don't live in a neighborhood, so have never used a teenager to sit for us. We get our sitters through a service called Parent's Time Out. We usually pay anywhere from $9-11/hour. But, these sitters come highly qualified and have had thorough backgroudn checks performed on them, etc...I have friends who have used babysitters that are younger, and they seem to pay them $4-6/hour for multiple children. You planning a hot date with hubby?

Tech: I'm sure things will be different this time. If you keep doing as well as you have been, you will fly right by that 170 mark.

Monet: Glad you got to see Fillise for a little while; too bad she couldn't stay longer. I hope she got home o.k. I hope you get a better night's sleep today.

Bride: Glad hubby will be home soon. Hope you get some much needed rest when he returns. Good sleep is so valuable to your immune system this time of year. The cards sound cute.

BOB: Ouch!! I hope you get some relief for your back soon. I can't really say that I am 'unlucky', but I am the biggest clutz you will ever meet in this lifetime. I am constantly hurting myself.

Jack-K: You s/b so proud of yourself for doing so well on Saturday.

I better go get ready to head to the dentist. It is pouring rain here today...but we can always use the rain.

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:10 AM   #7  
Goddess

Cool Good Monday Morning!

Monet--I got home ok! I sent you an email a little while ago. I meant to call last night, but fell asleep when I got home.

Morning all!

It was a GREAT weekend in Auburn! BOB was right, I was not in a good mood when she called, but then she got to work and everything was all right with the world!

Yesterday I went to Atlanta to get my old car out of the airport parking lot--BIG MISTAKE--I should have just taken the tags off and left it there. It was barely running by the time I got to Monet's, so they took me to a garage that was open and they got it fixed enough to get me back to Auburn--will cost major $$$$$ to fix compleately (and wasn't cheap just to get it fixed enough to get me home). So now I'm thinking I'm just going to junk it.

It WAS great to see Monet and Tom. She's looking good and moving around well. It's always great to visit with her--she's so welcoming and fun. I hope she can come down in the next couple of weeks to look at some artwork in my church.

Sebray--Lack of sugar usually make us think MORE clearly--LOL! I can synpathize. I hope you have a great day too!

Jackie--WTG on Saturday night's scoail activities! I like Alison Krauss too! I guess you are going to have to be patient on getting over the treatments--that's the worst part! As my niece once said about an activity--"You have to be patient and I HATE IT!" I guess know know firsthand what they say about the treatment being harder to recover from than the disease. I'm thinking about you.

Deb--Hey!

I hope everyone has a good week. I'll get on as I can. Miss Belle and I leave tomorrow to spend THanksgiving in NC. I will ahve internet access there, but won't get on regularly.

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:12 AM   #8  
Goddess

Nat--We were posting at the same time! Sounds like you are doing great on the weight loss! Hope you make the 4 times for the gym too!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:30 AM   #9  

Yay! Fillise made it home ok! (I was worried, Susan! Did you get my message? How long did it take you to get home? I am SO glad for your sake that place was open, though for mine, I wish you had been stuck here for the night! )
Old 11-22-2004, 11:02 AM   #10  
Addicted to potato salad!

Talking Happy Monday!!

WAHOOO!!

Hey!! Check out my new ticker...AGAIN!! 170 here I come!! And lets keep our fingers crossed I plow right through it this time!!

Techwife
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 12:25 PM   #11  

Monet, Can I get your biscuit recipe?

Anyone have a sweet potatoe caserole recipe?

Be back after lunch.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:35 PM   #12  

JACK: Sure thing! Here it is.

WW Biscuits

2 cups ww flour (I think pastry flour works best, but I used Wheat Montana gold..)
1 T. baking powder
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. cream of tartar
1 t. salt
1/3 cup shortening (I used smart balance with no trans fats)
3/4 cup buttermilk

Mix the dry, cut in the shortening. Add milk and stir to form a ball. Knead lightly a few times, pat out on a floured board and cut with a floured biscuit cutter. Bake at 450 degrees just until lightly browned. You can brush with melted butter before baking if desired. Serve hot.
Makes about a dozen 2 inch biscuits.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:41 PM   #13  

JACK: Here is a sweet potato casserole recipe. Its supposed to be light. It just needed the brown sugar changed to agave. Its not my recipe..which I can't find, but very similar.

Sweet Potato Casserole

6 Sweet potatoes
1/2 c Butter
1 5.3-oz. can evaporated milk
1 Tab. orange zest
1/4 c Sherry
1/3 cup agave
2 Egg whites
1/2 c Pecans chopped fine
3 tb Melted butter

Cook potatoes in as little boiling water as possible until tender. (You can microwave them too, if you prefer)
While still hot, peel.
Place in large mixing bowl and mash well.
Beat with electric mixer at medium speed and gradually add butter, milk, orange zest, sherry and agave.
Beat egg whites until stiff and gently fold into potato mixture.
Pour into buttered casserole.
Sprinkle top with chopped pecans that have been mixed with melted butter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:43 PM   #14  

You know what I would really like? A recipe for JELLIED cranberry sauce that doesn't use sugar.... Am I dreaming?
Old 11-22-2004, 03:37 PM   #15  

Just checking in after lunch.

Bf was 1/2 english muffin and 3 pieces of bacon
Lunch was 1/2 ww bun, bbq, slaw and a giant pickle. Water
Dinner will be rib-eyes and veggies.

I have no fruit or veggies in the house. Need to go to the store tonight. Found some WW pie crusts at Whole Foods so I am heading out there after work to pick them up. will probably make a pumpkin and chocolate pie.

Monet, sorry you had such a restless night. Hope you got a nap in today. Thanks for the recipes. I'm not a cranberry sauce eater, but can't you just make it like normal and substitue agave or splenda?

Nat, sounds like you got some bargains. That is such a good feeling. Congrats on the weigh-in.

Susan, How terrible to have to put money into a car you are getting rid of. Glad you had a nice visit with Monet thougth.

Techwife, keep on track and you won't even stop at the 170 #.

Sebrey, you can blame your forgetting the field trip on the sugar. Gotta have something to blame it on. I still use the "chemo brain" excuse.