Old 11-21-2004, 07:23 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #90

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE SEPT 1-JAN 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 07:42 AM   #2  

SUNDAY: today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll this week is, Was there anything you wanted for Christmas as a child that you never got?

Morning girls.

Thought I better FYI you today. There will be no topics all next week and no pts etc. I will not be back until Sunday night so everyone will have to hang on until I get back!

MsCat: It was nice to see your post!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I have been trying to get stuff done for the trip. Got the upstairs all cleaned last night and am doing the downstairs today. (I know, what noodlehead cleans house and then leaves it, right? Well, what if someone comes in while we are not home? ) Did most of the baking yesterday and will finish it up today and pack sometime tonight I guess. We pick up the van tomorrow.

As for the poll, there were two dolls I desperately wanted as a kid and never got, a Thumbalina and Chatty Cathy. My next door neighbor was almost like an only child as she was the only girl and had at the time one little brother. She was spoiled, a brat and would do things to hurt you. She was also in my grade and I had to put up with her all the time. She was one of those kids who was a spiteful little thing and never got over it though I now have the last laugh as she is this old maid and I have this adorable husband and family. Anyway, she found out one year I wanted the Chatty Cathy and demanded her parents buy it for her like the day after Christmas when she found out I didn't get one (I heard her mother tell my mother I think) This woman is the same one, that stood around at my 25th class reunion and talked about how fat I was behind my back and I sneeked up behind her and caught her at it! Funny thing, she was a fat child and became a fat adult (she is at least 75 lbs overweight)and even has this brain disease that she had surgery on and takes meds for life now and still hasn't become a nicer person. My two sisters and I made a special trip down to where her parents live, stood in line at the funeral home for an hour and a half when her mom died, and she was barely civil to us. Really really sad to be that icky and has to be really unhappy don't you think?

You ladies all have a great day and if I can't get back in here have a wonderful:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Faye
Old 11-22-2004, 10:34 AM   #3  
It is what it is...

Morning All ... I too may not be able to get on here much this week so I want you to all have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy it...you can set aside a diet for a great Thanksgiving meal with your family...or at least that is how I feel...

Julie - Congrats on the loss, great job, keep it up...this week may be harder to do that, but good luck !!!

Faye - Have fun with your family !!!

MSCAT - Good to hear from you!!

Amanda - Hope you get to feeling better, I know how you can get down about it...hope you feel better soon !!

I was down another pound last week to 193 but still not where I was at 188, oh well 5 more pounds and I am there...

Have a great week and Thanksgiving with your families!!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 12:18 PM   #4  

Morning ladies,
Sounds like we're all going to be super busy this week. I had 4 point days all weekend! Without really trying, even.....this cold has totally taken away my appetite, and I think my stomach is shrinking because of it....YAY!!

I'm not cooking T'day this year, we're visiting friends....so that should really help with the weight thing. I won't have a weeks worth of leftovers to eat. I am doing some sugary baking for Xmas gifts, but I'm determined to get it all done in one weekend and then pack away the flour, sugar and sprinkles until just before the 25th. Then I'll bring them back out and bake cookies with my babies.

Speaking of babies.....my oldest dd, 10 years old, just got her first TOM She was very calm and collected about the whole thing. But all I can keep thinking is "great, now I'm officially old enough to be a grandmother!!"

Carrie--congrats on the pound down! Keep up the great work.

MSCat--sorry to hear about your troubles....just keep on shimmying and things will get better

Amanda--Hope you're feeling sunnier now!

Faye--Have a great trip! We'll see you when you get back.

Everyone else...have a great day!

TTFN<
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:18 AM   #5  

Morning Ladies,
I know everyone's busy, but I want to keep this thread on the front page. So, just let me say....4 points yesterday for me!

Hope you're all doing well. Drink some water early on Thursday to help keep you feeling full. Use a smaller plate....then the seconds and thirds on mashed potatoes won't add up to as much

TTFN,
Julie
Old 11-24-2004, 08:08 AM   #6  

Hellooooooo in here.............

Just bumping us up to the top for the day.

Hope everyone is well.
Julie
Old 11-24-2004, 12:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Hello everyone.

I know that everyone is off to enjoy their time with friends and family but just wanted to check in seeing how I am now back into the land of the living.
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 09:20 AM   #8  

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

Eat Drink Be Merry....Enjoy your friends and families. And remember, this is NOT the last turkey dinner you'll ever enjoy. There will be others....so don't stuff yourself until you feel sick. Save some turkey for sandwiches tomorrow!

I am so thankful for each and every one of you!

TTFN,
Julie
Old 11-27-2004, 01:30 PM   #9  

"One is the loneliest number that you'll ever dooo......"

Just bumping us back up to the first page so you all can find us when you get back to real life.....

Hope everyone's having a great holiday.
Julie
Old 11-27-2004, 01:42 PM   #10  

I guess that everybody is still gone. Didn't go overboard so that is good. Just checking in and saying HI!
Old 11-28-2004, 07:56 PM   #11  

Hello sweeties, I am back home safe and sound and POOOOOOPPPEEED! Bumper to bumper traffic on the interstate for 8 hours UGH!

I just wanted to let you know I am back home and will post in the morning. My baby (cat) had a tough time of it. I guess he wouldn't come downstairs Thanksgiving day when my dd and grandson came over and last night he was crying when she was here. When I got home he just meowed his little heart out and I got things around sat down and he jumped up and cuddled in my lap like you would hold a baby. I always feel so bad when I leave him but we were afraid he wouldn't travel well. Fortune is still at the kennel and a-ok.

Well, nighty night and see you in the morning

Faye
Old 11-29-2004, 08:28 AM   #12  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is to commit to take one of our three components (food, water, exercise) and commit this week to be 100% with it. That does not mean we shouldn't be racking up 4 pters, but if you find one is harder than the other 2, commit to do it every day this week!

Don't have time to gab right now. I have tons of stuff to put away and laundry and all. We were so wiped out we did nothing last night.

Talk to you later

Faye
Old 11-29-2004, 03:00 PM   #13  

I don't know where everyone is today, but just wanted to pop back in and check to see that everyone is doing well.

Everyone have a great day!

Faye
Old 11-29-2004, 08:18 PM   #14  

Methinks that everyone is still under the spell of turkey. Faye sounds like that this mission is very doable. As for me today I just couldn't seem to get anything right. Tomorrow is another day. Checking in sleep is calling so check in later.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:33 AM   #15  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our Target this week is emotional eating. Let's work hard this week not to emotionally eat by replacing it with something else.

Well, the site won't let me bold and color our target this week so hope you don't miss it! I will be in later. Grandson is coming early this am while mom is at the dentist.

Faye